Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,939 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. (18145 Views)

Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London / FULL Video Samuel Doe Assassination African Leaders This Is A Reminder... / Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by koruji(m): 2:13am On Aug 05, 2012
Yeah, a $200m gift after exploiting billions off the continent.

All I know is that while the West might be an exploiter of African resources, China is way worse.

The General: It was actially built by china as a gift to Africa. It cost them $200m
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by Ndata(m): 2:46am On Aug 05, 2012
@OLASODE2K
Donsax, just go and carry out research on why the american military hasnt been to get a military base in nigeria even despite our legendary bribe loving skills and corruption. Remember, kenya that produced obama didnt accept their bribes because everyone knows that american soldiers anywhere on their territory might draw alqaeda bombs.
of
Who told you Americans don't have a military base in Africa.Have you heard of Camp Lemonnier, the main US military base in Djibouti.You can google that.
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by TerryCarr(m): 3:00am On Aug 05, 2012
Ndata: @OLASODE2Kof
Who told you Americans don't have a military base in Africa.Have you heard of Camp Lemonnier, the main US military base in Djibouti.You can google that.
beat me too it grin any way it is a French base but American soldiers are there too. French Africa bows down too France a little too much grin
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by Ndata(m): 3:07am On Aug 05, 2012
The west had been exploiting African and it's resources for the past four decades,now they are broke and they see another competitor in the game the have played so well,they are crying and shouting.In as much as i don't really like the way Chinese do theirs.Most Chines are given visa because they said they are going to Africa to open factories, on landing, they abandon that and start importation of the same products into Africa at a very cheap price, make heavy profits repatriate the proceeds back to their country.I only blame our immigration who are not doing their work or have been compromised.Some of these Chinese have open shops in retail markets to sell thereby cutting off importers,middlemen and retailers as well.They have been having a running battle with textile traders in Kano market.And also shoe traders in Lagos island market etc. Too sad.
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by PhysicsQED(m): 3:20am On Aug 05, 2012
koruji: Thank you.
Believe me China is the worst of the two "exploiters".
At least the US would raise issues when their African stooges go too far - not China, not ever.
For all those giving China the thumbs up here I am sorry for your and your children's future.
Wisen up.

What did the CIA do in Africa during the Cold War? Go and find out.
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by crackhouse(m): 6:55am On Aug 05, 2012
As if they care. China have grown pass them so they are showing signs of envy & jealousy.
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by dontap: 7:56am On Aug 05, 2012
I think because africa leaders are corrupt that is why they are working with the chinkos, 98% of fake goods coming to Nigeria are from the chinese and working with the US will streghten our democracy which africa leaders are not buying at all so they go the other way round.
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by andrewza: 10:18am On Aug 05, 2012
crackhouse: As if they care. China have grown pass them so they are showing signs of envy & jealousy.

how has china over taken America. If you want to see the true wealth of a country look at its people. The average American has a way better life than the average Chinese.
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by warule(m): 10:41am On Aug 05, 2012
The chinese should continue their good partnership, afterall some of these western countries dey do shakara for their embassy because we want their visa. Assholes!
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by itsme9jaG(f): 11:36am On Aug 05, 2012
Another good illustration of Chinese exploitations. How far have they gone with the Railway turnaround project given to them since OBJ's time. All they do is assist Nigerians to loot the Treasury. Becuase there countries have not punitive measures for their companies which aid and abet corruption across the globe. AT least Western countries make effort to prosecute and jail such companies back in their countries, which is why many f them try to ensure delivery. Example the Haliburn case people were prosecuted in the US, the Seimens case people were prosecuted in Germany ?
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by doublej1(m): 12:06pm On Aug 05, 2012
Let me just say this the west has been the foundation of our problem, all what the Chinese are getting are just dividend of what the west has sowed in Africa.
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by bknight: 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2012
Gbagaun! Gbagaun! Gbagaun!!! Introducing d contestants:
Elephant no 1: America!

Elephant no 2: China!

Grasses: Africans!

Now, Let d fight begin.. Gbagaun! Gbagaun!
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by Petovi: 1:12pm On Aug 05, 2012
No dout u.s is afraid of china,based on statistica projections it ia only a mata of time china would emerge as d largest economy in d world n probably as world powa.this is nt to say dat china is interested in d development of africa bt lik every business man they are here to mak money just lik d amricans so y is america making noise about china exploiting africa,afta all dey started it,i hav allwayz blived dat it is only africans dat can build africa.let us stop expecting ordas 2 build africa 4 us cos u would neva do it,they are only here 4 wat they can benefit from africa.In fact wen i read dat china a single country on d surface of the earth is granting a loan of about $2ob 2 africa i was ashamed of my continent.i don't blame d americans or china,i blame our leaders who has so be-littled us 4 d nations of d earth,i also blame africans,we all have contributed in our own little way 2 mak africa a mess b 4 nations.It's time 4 a change,africa rise.
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by bknight: 1:43pm On Aug 05, 2012
International politics is not abt morality nor legality. It is abt Power.
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by Forester45(m): 2:20pm On Aug 05, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

I thought there was some thread that said Hillary was also coming to Nigeria but I guess not (though I am glad she is not coming to Nigeria. To come and do what?).

Anyways, African leaders should not take what Hillary Clinton is advising seriously. Are this not the same people who shamelessly make fun of Africans in the western world and in the western media and consider us dirt poor? So why do they (the westerners) care about whom we partner with? Why are they shivering all over the darn place because we partnered with China?

Just hear who is talking! the same greedy western imperialists who have continously bled Africa dry through their unfair IMF and world bank monetary lending practices. The same set of people who have sucked us dry through colonialism and supported only African leaders in power that will be their string puppets and dance to the tune of their whistles while impoverishing the citizens of the African countries they lead. Now all of a sudden, america wants to act like they care about us? who do they think they are fooling?

Africans open your eyes! The westerners (europeans and their descendants and the americans) should never be trusted. Our ancestors made the mistake to trust them back then. This is why we were forcibly colonized by them. We should not make the same mistake our great grand parents and grand parents made. We should be wise as a serpent.
Look, history has it that when they were still ruling us directly, things were better. My Dad told me that & i trust him. He is correct. Cost of living was low,our curency has great value. We have adequate acess to petrol and gasoline to power our vehicle. Now what is situation on ground?? Our leaders dat hates us with passion is in charge & d old good days is now a story. I fill like crying. Let me stop here.
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by makehay: 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2012
Tony Blair of Great Britain once says that " No one will develop Africa except African" in other word this mean that no country or continent whether American or European or Chinese or Arab nation love or want any thing good for Africa. their sole objective of coming to Africa is to milk our abundant resources and if possible re-colonise us. I think it is high time for our leaders to WAKE UP to their RESPONSIBILITIES and stop selling our birthright and the few remaining institution (NEPA, NNPC, PORT e.t.c) to foreigner. LET AFRICAN DEVELOP AFRICA and let redistribute/keep our wealth within Africa.
THANK U [/color]
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by johnson11(m): 3:04pm On Aug 05, 2012
Zambian miners kill Chinese manager during pay protest

Miners' pay at Chinese-run mines was lower than at other foreign-owned mines, a 2011 report said
Continue reading the main story

Zambian miners have killed a Chinese manager by pushing a mine trolley at him during a riot at a coal mine in the south of the country.

A second Chinese was injured, as were several Zambians, during the riot on Saturday.

The workers were on strike at the mine in protest against delays in implementing a new minimum wage.

They were angry their wages were lower than a new minimum of $320 (£205) a month paid to shop workers.

Zambia's minister of labour has gone to the Chinese-owned Collum coal mine in Sinazongwe, 325km (200 miles) south of the capital, Lusaka.

"Wu Shengzai, aged 50, has been killed by protesting workers after being hit by a trolley which was pushed towards him by the rioting miners as he ran away into the underground where he wanted to seek refugee," Southern province police commissioner Fred Mutondo told state news agency, the Zambia News and Information Services.

"He died on the spot while his colleague is in hospital."

Last year, the Zambian government dropped charges against two Chinese managers accused of attempted murder after they fired on miners at the Collum mine during a pay dispute.

Chinese firms own several mines in southern African countries, including coal and copper operations.

Copper mining is one of Zambia's main industries, providing nearly three-quarters of the country's exports; many of the mining companies are foreign-owned, and China has invested more than $400m (£250m) in Zambia.

A 2011 report by Human Rights Watch (HRW) said that, despite improvements in recent years, safety and labour conditions at Chinese mines were worse than at other foreign-owned mines.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19135435
For me i will still prefer America to China ,any day any time
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by sunch(m): 3:13pm On Aug 05, 2012
This is the second struggle for africa by trick, cos this is just how they started. They came with the intent to trade and give you aid, but later dominate you.
Africans Beware!!!!!!!!!
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by Vansnickers: 3:26pm On Aug 05, 2012
We should be careful with the Way we handle this US/China Saga. If care is not taken, this can lead to a second Cold-war,which will be detrimental for Africa.
The Cold war between the US and the Soviets is the main reason Africa is a Shit-Hole Today.
For example, if the soviets support Mr A or if the Mr A is leaning towards Marxism[like lumumba(DRC),Fidel Castro(Cuba),mosadegh(Iran), jacobo Arbenz Guzman(Guatamala) were] or is Courting the soviets[ Nkrumah(Ghana)], You can be sure that the West is getting Ready to Overthrow Mr A, by funding his Rival(s), not taking into consideration how the so called "Rival" they are putting on the seat of power would rule the country, Dictators like Mobutu(DRC,Pahlavi(Iran)and Carlos Armas benefited from this. Men like Nkrumah, Mosadegh,Arbenz,Sukahno
are only a Puddle compared to the Ocean of Leaders that have been Deposed to please Selfish interests, for Goodness sake look at the War in Angola that last almost two Decades,Thousands of people Died and were displaced all in the name of a Power Tussle.
The Reason Apatheid and Military Rule went on for so Long was because the West was afraid of losing SA to communism if it put it's Foot down, and the same applies to Military Rule.

To cut my Post short, China is like a Lion Cub looks Cute and fun to keep as a Pet but Once it Grows to Adult-size it turns to another Story,China is still gathering Influence as a World Power and is yet to get it's Feet firmly on the Ground but Once it does, well, you know how that song ends.
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by mrrock: 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2012
China is in business in Africa to make PROFIT.

USA is in business in Africa to make PROFIT.

Africa, please do business with whom to earn more profit at any given time (all things considered). Don't trust either side, both are selfish and if they have an opportunity to ruin Africa for their own benefit they will. It's all about interest!
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by oiseworld: 6:44pm On Aug 05, 2012
At all times i'll choose the west. China are an exploit trully, they do not mean africa well.
When the chinese build. Or construct a thing in any country the instructions and manuals all come in chinese.
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by maximum007(m): 6:51pm On Aug 05, 2012
Okontami: Guys, all I hear is bla bla bla bla. F*uck weed, cocaine is a hell of drugs
Hope you didn't take some too?
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by Blokelad(m): 10:22pm On Aug 05, 2012
Though 2 say d truth may kills bt i will..Usa is d pin in africa's neck.
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by Everfrank(m): 12:31am On Aug 06, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

I thought there was some thread that said Hillary was also coming to Nigeria but I guess not (though I am glad she is not coming to Nigeria. To come and do what?).

Anyways, African leaders should not take what Hillary Clinton is advising seriously. Are this not the same people who shamelessly make fun of Africans in the western world and in the western media and consider us dirt poor? So why do they (the westerners) care about whom we partner with? Why are they shivering all over the darn place because we partnered with China?

Just hear who is talking! the same greedy western imperialists who have continously bled Africa dry through their unfair IMF and world bank monetary lending practices. The same set of people who have sucked us dry through colonialism and supported only African leaders in power that will be their string puppets and dance to the tune of their whistles while impoverishing the citizens of the African countries they lead. Now all of a sudden, america wants to act like they care about us? who do they think they are fooling?

Africans open your eyes! The westerners (europeans and their descendants and the americans) should never be trusted. Our ancestors made the mistake to trust them back then. This is why we were forcibly colonized by them. We should not make the same mistake our great grand parents and grand parents made. We should be wise as a serpent.

@ dasparrow
What a sweet post. Don't mind the Zionist agent.
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by ril19(m): 8:33am On Aug 06, 2012
although i'm not giving the credit to america, i'm of the opinion that the China state is milking out more and not proportionately inputting. Pleace the level of China's foreign direct investment in comparison with the huge, enormous and massive income it generates from the African continent. The way i see it, China will do anything to keep its ties with Africa running because there's actually no China without Africa. Please tell me where else they can market their production!
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by odumdesmond: 10:15am On Aug 06, 2012
i think that Africa should tyake heed of the advice of Hillary Clinton, Chinese are raping trhe economies of Africa. lets remove sentiments here, an American businessman who commits an economic crime in Africa is always severly dealt wiyh by American laws, we know many America businesmen who are undergoing trial in USA for acts of corruption and economic sabotagge in africa. we may recall Halliboutton, mr Jefferson and others whob are undergoing trial now or serving jail terms. How many Chinese businessmen are tried for several economic havoc they wreck in africa. what do we associate fake products with? Chinese ? conflicts in Africa are mostly fueled by Chinese arms dealer. it was evident in Sudan crisis etc.Chinese are businessmen without an atom of morality and never regulated or punished by laws in China/. look how our markets have been flooded with fake, counterfeit, substandard products killing our economy. America will never do that.
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by shotuns: 10:43am On Aug 06, 2012
China will soon run with it's tail between legs away from Africa and it will cost them dollars in lost,China believes that they are different from the west in dealing with Africans but actually they are birds of the same feathers,sooner or later as African nations become more aware of the devil inside the Chinese, then the clearer picture of the real CHINA will be exposed. We may not actually agree to what Hilarry said , but we should be cautious.

The Devil I know is better than the Angel in diguise.
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by Guyman02: 12:30pm On Aug 06, 2012
I travel on roads built by the Chinese in many parts of the country and the Chinese are seriously involved in infrastructure provision in Nigeria which we seriously need while the Americans are threatening us with withdrawing 'aid' if we dont accept gay marriage into our constitution. How many roads can you count in Nigeria that are built with America engineers and labour? no you can only see them in the niger delta living in gated quarters with so much luxury while the surrounding communities are heavily polluted and living below their famous dollar.
Clinton should not think that we are so daft in this days of internet not to know what is good for us. We can see their democracy at work in Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia etc.
China is the lesser evil here and that is why her trip to Africa just like the one of last year when Libya was under heavy bombardment and the AU called for a ceasefire to save lives which was ignored until NATO destroyed everything in that country.
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by Guyman02: 12:48pm On Aug 06, 2012
odum desmond: i think that Africa should tyake heed of the advice of Hillary Clinton, Chinese are raping trhe economies of Africa. lets remove sentiments here, an American businessman who commits an economic crime in Africa is always severly dealt wiyh by American laws, we know many America businesmen who are undergoing trial in USA for acts of corruption and economic sabotagge in africa. we may recall Halliboutton, mr Jefferson and others whob are undergoing trial now or serving jail terms. How many Chinese businessmen are tried for several economic havoc they wreck in africa. what do we associate fake products with? Chinese ? conflicts in Africa are mostly fueled by Chinese arms dealer. it was evident in Sudan crisis etc.Chinese are businessmen without an atom of morality and never regulated or punished by laws in China/. look how our markets have been flooded with fake, counterfeit, substandard products killing our economy. America will never do that.

How many Americans are facing trial for all the exploitation and environmental degradation for over 50 years of oil exploartion in Nigeria. even when the UNEP asked them to cleanup Ogoni land have any action been taken? At least we can afford some of the items which the Americans will never allow you to learn the technology, but the Chinese leant how to steal it from the Americans and make it available to us whom the American media always decribed as poverty stricken and living below their dollar.
America is engaged in many wars than any other nation, did you know how many died and the future impact of using depleted Uranium in Libya just to remove Gaddafi from power even when the AU begged them to stop, but they continued bombing while the AU delegation led by Jacob Zuma was still in Tripoli.
How many wars are the Chinese presently fighting? Who is keeping corrupt African puppet leaders in power for several years China or the West?
If there is morality, the American forces wouldnt have wiped out an entire city Falluja in Iraq just to get some stubborn insurgents. Both China and America are after their interests but China is the lesser evil as you can see them giving a little more back to Africa than America who only give military aid tied to gay unions
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by Jamisco: 12:55pm On Aug 06, 2012
Billyonaire: Let me make this very clear to Americans, I love you guys, the fast cars, the American specs and all the dollars. But when it comes to Business, my doors are open only to Chinese. I dont trust Americans and their covet operations. I hate people playing boss in my own continent. The chinese are down to earth, so suck it up Madam Clinton, your media calls us diseased, poverty stricken people, always living below your dollars, so what they fvck do you need in my continent and why the heck are you advising me on who to do business with? I guess I got no business acumen to know that Chinese are better humanoid species than people whose interest is to kill a man to ra.pe his wife ?

she did not come to Nigeria, WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO DISTURB?
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by lapaz6410: 1:19pm On Aug 06, 2012
Re: Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. by shotuns: 7:40am On Aug 07, 2012
Souless creatures from top to bottom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inside South Africa's Operation Dudula Vigilantes: 'Why We Hate Foreigners' / Poland Sees Rise In Food Theft / Xenophobia: Nigeria To Demand N84m Damages From South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.