Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,226 members, 7,839,199 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago (24893 Views)

A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian / Trinidad And Tobago Deports 28 Ex-Niger Delta Militants / Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Beaf: 5:40pm On Aug 04, 2012
bayooooooo:

It has, even well informed citizens from TT have condemned GEJ's comment

I wonder why you left out the link to your long quote?
The link would have shown that the only positive comment toward the author (out of a total of 4 comments) was from a Nigerian called Rotimi Orims (I guess that might have been you).
You also "forgot" to tell us the the author is a certain[b] Kayode Ogundamisi![/b] Damn!

Here is another rather colourful comment from someone I guess is from Trinidad and Tobago:

[size=23pt]The writer is still a slave. Period.[/size]

http://kayodeogundamisi..co.uk/2012/08/nigerian-presidents-call-for-black.html

GEJ addressing the audience at Emancipation Hall:

[img]http://4.bp..com/-ygNt-wPZ7yw/UBwztACgL_I/AAAAAAAABIY/QknvbKM67vY/s1600/PIC-6-EMANCIPATION-VILLAGE.jpg[/img]

4 Likes

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Pataki: 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2012
Eko Ile:

This is just sad........

GEJ still has more in his folder to unleash. We ain't see nothing yet! We used to think his wife is worse off, but this disgrace of a human being beats even his wife's foolishness in arrant malady of the mouth.

I choose not to be sad any longer with the Retardeen we have as a president. He is a punishment to us as Nigerians. He has made his mark in history - Never to allow sentiments becloud our intellectual reasoning when we are looking for credible leaders in Nigeria.

Ride on President Retardeen, your sycophants totally appreciate how much you have been dragging us in the mud.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 04, 2012
Beaf:

The link would have shown that the only positive comment toward the author (out of a total of 4 comments) was from a Nigerian called Rotimi Orims (I guess that might have been you).
You also "forgot" to tell us the the author is a certain[b] Kayode Ogundamisi![/b] Damn!

Here is another rather colourful comment from someone I guess is from Trinidad and Tobago:

[img]http://4.bp..com/-ygNt-wPZ7yw/UBwztACgL_I/AAAAAAAABIY/QknvbKM67vY/s1600/PIC-6-EMANCIPATION-VILLAGE.jpg[/img]

Good you found an alternative link. I did not pull out the article from Kayode's Blog. It was not written by him but by Morgan Job who wrote essentially a review with a passing comment on GEJ's visit. This is a simple trick for you: google newspapers in Trinidad and Tobago and search opinion pages. All is yours.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Beaf: 6:02pm On Aug 04, 2012
bayooooooo:

Good you found an alternative link. I did not pull out the article from Kayode's Blog. It was not written by him but by Morgan Job who wrote essentially a review with a passing comment on GEJ's visit. This is a simple trick for you: google newspapers in Trinidad and Tobago and search opinion pages. All is yours.

You are funny! First you "forgot" to provide a link, then you claim that I found "an alternative link (sic)!" ...And its an opinion column as well! Lol!
In the meantime, Kayode Ogundamisi takes full credit for the post:

Posted by Kayode Ogundamisi Blog Contact by Email: odamisi2000@yahoo.com at 13:27

I wouldn't be surprised if this desperartion hasn't driven some of you to post opinion columns all over the Caribbean press. Saddening stuff! embarassed

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 04, 2012
Beaf:

You are funny! First you "forgot" to provide a link, then you claim that I found "an alternative link (sic)!" Lol!
In the meantime, Kayode Ogundamisi takes full credit for the post:

Forgot? Nope. Ogundamisi can not take responsibility for what he did not write.
A well informed black Trinidadian in the name of Morgan Job wrote the piece! Keep checking dude!

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 04, 2012
Beaf:

I wouldn't be surprised if this desperartion hasn't driven some of you to post opinion columns all over the Caribbean press. Saddening stuff![/b] embarassed

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin No be small thing! I wrote the review, you know!
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 04, 2012
Beaf:

"The Emancipation struggle is necessary so that one day the Black Man will also be at the top and can dictate to the rest of the world." Goodluck Ebele Jonathan addressing 'black emancipation day in Trinidad and Tobago.

President Goodluck Jonathan's visit to Trinidad and Tobago, a review. For the record, this review was written by Morgan Job a citizen of Tand T. Read and tell
us what you make out of it.

amazing the desperate lies that the gej monkeys tell of course maybe they aren't lying, maybe they are simply not very literate

just like jona - he may or may not be racist - but he certainly is dumb

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 04, 2012
oyb: abg when will gej go to yankee to make a speech

we need a viral video and some snl mockery cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ahhhh, Yankee ke?! GEJ will have Mexicans Fighting Blacks, Crips Fighting Bloods, Whites fighting Asians and Indians fighting everyone.

No o, abeg keep your 3rd world Professor amongst your clan. We got enough problems here.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2012
Beaf:

Look as the guy look sef. Nothing Presidential about him at all.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 04, 2012
kingoflag:

Ahhhh, Yankee ke?! GEJ will have Mexicans Fighting Blacks, Crips Fighting Bloods, White fighting Asians and Indians fighting everyone.

No o, abeg keep your 3rd world Professor amongst your clan. We got enough problems here.
[quote author=kingoflag]

nah, he will just become the subject of viral videos and snl skits

like almajehinad and 'no homo-sexuals in iran'
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 04, 2012
ifihearam:

Is america free from debt??

Does America have 24/7 electricity or a President that gobbles $30,000/day meals while majority of his citizens wallow in abject poverty and try to survive on less than $2/day?
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by cap28: 6:26pm On Aug 04, 2012
bayooooooo:

It has, even well informed citizens from TT have condemned GEJ's comment

It would be interesting to know the racial identity of the person who wrote that article castigating GEJ.

One thing that is coming across loud and clear from the author of that article is a fear of black advancement in a country which is split along racial lines. It is obveious that the indian trinis are afraid of the african trinis wresting political and economic control from them. This scenario is common all over the carribean where the black african descendants are relegated to a position of political and economic powerlessness whereas the minority groups are allowed to control the economic and political power - this is even the case in a country like Jamaica where blacks make up over 90% of the population. Despite their overwhelming majority the chinese, indians, syrian and european descendants control the economy and political postions with the backing and support of america and europe. This is why GEJ's statement is being received with a lot of anger - indians may not be a minority in trinidad but they are conscious of the fact that their position could become tenuous if a major black african nation were to lend a helping hand to its black african population and why shouldnt we ? Didnt the british and americans lend a helping hand to their european brothers and sisters in aparthied south africa? didnt they supply them with military aid and technology in order to enable the white south africans consolidate their grip on the wealth of south africa? Nigerians are politically illiterate that is why they can not even understand the significance of GEJ's statement.

At the end of the day the black man is on his own - remember how the arabs slaughtered black africans in Libya while the western press stood by and watched? If we dont look out for each other nobody will.

a word is enough for the wise.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 04, 2012
Kobojunkie: If you see nothing wrong with the original statement, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with the statement below. . . .

[size=14pt]" Continued struggle is necessary so that the Hausa man will always be at the top and dictate to the all of Nigeria"...[/size]

THANK YOU!!!!!
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Pataki: 6:29pm On Aug 04, 2012
kingoflag:

Look as the guy look sef. Nothing Presidential about him at all.

His carriage is poor. Just looking at that picture, he looks like he is chewing his usual Otueke cassava bread as he is addressing those peeps.

I am however waiting for the day GEJ will face Nigerians like how that picture depicts and address us. 2015 maybe? undecided
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by antitpiah: 6:32pm On Aug 04, 2012
oyb: nah, he will just become the subject of viral videos and snl skits

You must think Americans are as self deprecating and contemptuous of foreigners as you are. I am even impressed you can afford to watch SNL.

like almajehinad and 'no homo-sexuals in iran'

The joke is on you
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by SisiKill1: 6:35pm On Aug 04, 2012
What egregious stupidity, in 2012 this Brer 'Nanse leaves a country he can't fix with black bombast or race talk of any kind, especially because the Hausa Caliphate was a great slave trading Empire, one of many in that Sudan region (Kanem-Bornu was another), that never abolished slavery, a Nigeria where thousands of Black men succumb to a quotidian slaughter against each other, and thusly, thousands are murdered annually in an endemic pogrom on account of tribal hatred, and King Clown comes to tell children Black children must be ambitious to lord it over white children, or brown children!

SMDH!!

When we say GEJ should sweep his house before going outside to tell others to wipe their windows. . . his supporters will say "You can't let a dirt dictate presidential business. It will reflect negatively on the country". Now that he is being called out by outsiders. . .shei this is the positivity we were striving for ko? undecided

I honestly think GEJ supporters are being paid to do him more harm than good by shouting down dissenting voices. No one can be this good at something except they are being paid top dollars. . . .pounds. . . Naira. . . all the above.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 04, 2012
cap28:

It would be interesting to know the racial identity of the person who wrote that article castigating GEJ.

One thing that is coming across loud and clear from the author of that article is a fear of black advancement in a country which is split along racial lines. It is obveious that the indian trinis are afraid of the african trinis wresting political and economic control from them. This scenario is common all over the carribean where the black african descendants are relegated to a position of political and economic powerlessness whereas the minority groups are allowed to control the economic and political power - this is even the case in a country like Jamaica where blacks make up over 90% of the population. Despite their overwhelming majority the chinese, indians, syrian and european descendants control the economy and political postions with the backing and support of america and europe. This is why GEJ's statement is being received with a lot of anger - indians may not be a minority in trinidad but they are conscious of the fact that their position could become tenuous if a major black african nation were to lend a helping hand to its black african population and why shouldnt we ? Didnt the british and americans lend a helping hand to their european brothers and sisters in aparthied south africa? didnt they supply them with military aid and technology in order to enable the white south africans consolidate their grip on the wealth of south africa? Nigerians are politically illiterate that is why they can not even understand the significance of GEJ's statement.

At the end of the day the black man is on his own - remember how the arabs slaughtered black africans in Libya while the western press stood by and watched? If we dont look out for each other nobody will.

http://www.drmorganjob.com/

Welcome to the website of Dr. Morgan Job. The objective of uniting all manner of persons well intentioned toward Trinidad and Tobago is captured by my verse:
"See God in every face, not race."

We hope to provide non partisan analyses of current national and international issues. Many citizens have migrated in response to our failing institutions: schools, police, bureaucracy, political parties, and the executive (the government). Only by challenging the ideas or beliefs which explain how the country has evolved to its state of disorder, intolerance, and inefficiency can we have hope. This site is devoted to kindling the flames of love and hope among all citizens, their friends and their families throughout the world.

We are guided by the enlightenment ideas of individual freedom of conscience, and the human right to worship God, or not to, as we imagine it/her/him, and consistent with the laws of the land where we live. We do not encourage the use of the site to promote hatred against any individual, group or state. Peace, love, intellectual excitement, and the pusuit of truth guide our presentations or anlyses.

Please send all your friends, classmates, workmates, or colleagues to this site. Let us unite in brotherhood to devote ourselves to Lord Krishna's advice to Arjuna: "He who looks at another human with love and affection, without malice or pride, that devotee is dear to me."
"Love thy neighbor as thyself .That is the law and the prophets", is how it is put in the New Testament. We want to unite such empathy with a sense of humor, the dispassionate sincerity of the scientific (empirical) method and respect for the honest opinions of all peoples or ethnic groups. Please do join us in our daily fora to make a more loving less hateful world."

This is the definitive research source for local, regional and international affairs. The site features an extensive library of his articles, analyses and lectures on many topics. Need information on UNESCO or want to find out what can be done about problems in our nation's schools then search our databases.

Our images section features interesting shots that capture our heritage. Take a tour of our multicultural twin island.

Do you have a point to be made? Join our Forum and make it!
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 04, 2012
He said "for those of us who are Christians" the story of God's people, the Israelites, who were enslaved and the great leader Moses led them to the promised land. "The independence celebration today is not to take all the people of Nigeria to the promised land, but to take the ijaw man to the promised land,"

fixed for naija
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by antitpiah: 6:39pm On Aug 04, 2012
^^

Agbaya.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Dotman01(m): 6:39pm On Aug 04, 2012
D-Explorer:

Dude, don't derail the thread. Trinidad and Tobago in her entirety has less than 2% whites and over 88% blacks (not particularly Africans). GEJ never said Africans or an African man will also be at the top and can dictate to the rest of the world, he clearly stated BLACK. So dude what's your grievance about? That he was wrong for mentioning black in a country largely occupied by black people? Or is charcoal your rep for blacks? GEJ was referring to the skin color and not the tribes. GEJ was never wrong and that statement is totally mind empowering. Lest i forget, i saw your rudeness, am just observing my 30mins of tolerance. I hope that's clear enough. Cheers
dude who are u fooling, the number of indians in t and t are much more than the blacks.
I GOT THIS FROM WIKIPEDIA
Ethnic groups (2012) 39% Indian (South Asian) 38.5% Africans 20.5% Mixed
(Venezuelans, Spaniards, French Creoles, Portuguese, Chinese, Britons, Lebanese, Syrians, Caribs, Italians) 1.2% White
0.8% Unspecified
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 04, 2012
antitpiah:

You must think Americans are as self deprecating and contemptuous of foreigners as you are. I am even impressed you can afford to watch SNL.

The joke is on you

begone - ife reject troll
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 04, 2012
Beaf: I'm really shocked that the usual crew have wheeled out their biggest demons to throw flak at GEJ's well recieved statement.
Some people are really funny sha. embarassed

Yup, I feel you.

The Trinidadians (and commentators of various world nationalities) that view this as a racist comment and a horribly silly gaffe are probably CPC/ACN/YORUBA/HAUSA and GEJ haters.

Man, GTFOH!

3 Likes

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 04, 2012
cap28:

Your response is a perfect example of what is called a mixed message. You have made some valid points but the rest appears to be fantasy. There is racism in the world even as I type this comment. No one is denying that. Two, there is nothing wrong in providing aid to black people the world over if we can and have the means to do so. That's the right thing to do.

If there is raw racism now as was prevalent in about half a century ago, Obama would not even be elected US President. The global outlook is changing. The orientation is gearing towards building a skillful, multiracial, multi-talented population mix. In some states in US, the white can no longer go it alone in the political process and demographic predictions suggest a sustain trend in the future. In years to come, blacks, Hispanics may be making waves in the heartland of whites while we keep reminding ourselves of slavery, colonialism and apartheid. Take the Olympics for instance, blacks are making waves in Team USA but why can't we simply do the same stuff? Are they now more blacks that we are? Can we create a good environment for ourselves?

Now tell me how is GEJ's statement helpful to the cause of blacks in TT? Would it soften the resistance of other groups? Would it make others more receptive to the political process dominated by blacks? How exactly does it help the cause of blacks in TT? Guy, empty rhetorics that can not achieve anything is day dreaming. If you want the type of change, I suspect you desire looking at your Pan Africanist orientation, the aid is channeled through indirect means to help the cause of blacks without manifestly insulting the sensibilities of others.

Now, back home in Nigeria where everybody is 100% black, what have we be able to achieve for ourselves? Was he not the same GEJ that was narrating his life history to a mere US Ambassador and the same person talking of world domination? Let the truth be told: as crude as the comment was, the world would have taken it seriously if it was from a Nigerian president who is transforming and improving the economic well being of Nigerians. But since it was from a joker, the world derisively laugh while the 40 man laptop crew continues to shout GEJ GEJ GEJ GEJ!

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by SisiKill1: 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2012
Beaf: I'm really shocked that the usual crew have wheeled out their biggest demons to throw flak at GEJ's well recieved statement.
Some people are really funny sha. embarassed
Well received?

Oh honey!! embarassed
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Revolva(m): 7:05pm On Aug 04, 2012
Haa see jonathan wey never fit fix him backyard properly na fight for the black man dey worry am

He should shut the Bleep up and use his brainm well - such sensitive statement should be said in a stylish way, whitey dem dey watch am oo dem go blast am later
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by SisiKill1: 7:05pm On Aug 04, 2012
I swear I thought it was forgone conclusion that whatever side Cap28 is arguing against is the right and just path? grin
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Dotman01(m): 7:10pm On Aug 04, 2012
He said "for those of us who are
Christians" the story of God's
people, the Israelites, who were
enslaved and the great leader
Moses led them to the promised
land. "The independence celebration today is not to
take all the people of Nigeria
to the promised land, but to
take the ijaw man to the
promised land,"
oyb: fixed for naija
may God bless u forever, we dnt really need any more arguement, this is the simplest defination of what we've been discussing since. Thank u once again for putting an end to this discussion.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Dotman01(m): 7:14pm On Aug 04, 2012
Dotman01: He said "for those of us who are
Christians" the story of God's
people, the Israelites, who were
enslaved and the great leader
Moses led them to the promised
land. "The independence celebration today is not to
take all the people of Nigeria
to the promised land, but to
take the ijaw man to the
promised land,"
with the above quote, i dnt anybody will argue again. This is the simplest form of explanation, its just like 1+1 very simple. Moderator pls lock this thread e don do.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by ektbear: 7:29pm On Aug 04, 2012
So to be clear, when I made my initial posts, I had the wrong idea about T&Ts demographics. Given those demographics, GEJs comments were ill-advised.

It would be like a Yoruba man from Benin Republic coming to Nigeria and advocating only for Yoruba, not for Nigerians as a whole.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Zutchy: 7:30pm On Aug 04, 2012
bayooooooo:

Your response is a perfect example of what is called a mixed message. You have made some valid points but the rest appears to be fantasy. There is racism in the world even as I type this comment. No one is denying that. Two, there is nothing wrong in providing aid to black people the world over if we can and have the means to do so. That's the right thing to do.

If there is raw racism now as was prevalent in about half a century ago, Obama would not even be elected US President. The global outlook is changing. The orientation is gearing towards building a skillful, multiracial, multi-talented population mix. In some states in US, the white can no longer go it alone in the political process and demographic predictions suggest a sustain trend in the future. In years to come, blacks, Hispanics may be making waves in the heartland of whites while we keep reminding ourselves of slavery, colonialism and apartheid. Take the Olympics for instance, blacks are making waves in Team USA but why can't we simply do the same stuff? Are they now more blacks that we are? Can we create a good environment for ourselves?

Now tell me how is GEJ's statement helpful to the cause of blacks in TT? Would it soften the resistance of other groups? Would it make others more receptive to the political process dominated by blacks? How exactly does it help the cause of blacks in TT? Guy, empty rhetorics that can not achieve anything is day dreaming. If you want the type of change, I suspect you desire looking at your Pan Africanist orientation, the aid is channeled through indirect means to help the cause of blacks without manifestly insulting the sensibilities of others.

Now, back home in Nigeria where everybody is 100% black, what have we be able to achieve for ourselves? Was he not the same GEJ that was narrating his life history to a mere US Ambassador and the same person talking of world domination? Let the truth be told: as crude as the comment was, the world would have taken it seriously if it was from a Nigerian president who is transforming and improving the economic well being of Nigerians. But since it was from a joker, the world derisively laugh while the 40 man laptop crew continues to shout GEJ GEJ GEJ GEJ!
Quite funny "LMAO",you are now the spokesman for the world that is derisively laughing,the truth of the matter is that you can continue to type here for as long as you want because obviously this is your full time job,but my point is that those in TnT whom listened to the president speak and wanted it to make a difference in their lives have taken home the lesson and message he wanted to pass to them,and those that did not want to,have forgotten the man spoke to them,and you,you can keep on spitting gibberish and balderdash to those unfortunate enough to be reading your posts,bloody sycophant,paid goon calling others paid agents
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nebeuwa(m): 7:35pm On Aug 04, 2012
Whoever said Afro-Trinis and Indo-Trinis never mix has never been to T&T. My girlfriend is a Trini and she is that very mix, with a little Chinese.

Nigeria's president really needs to watch his words, because there is a little friction between Afro-Trinis and Indo-Trinis when it comes to politics. Afro-Trinis used to have the most power in the government, but after years emigration of Afro-Trinis going to the UK and the US, the balance of power has changed.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 04, 2012
ekt_bear: So to be clear, when I made my initial posts, I had the wrong idea about T&Ts demographics. Given those demographics, GEJs comments were ill-advised.

It would be like a Yoruba man from Benin Republic coming to Nigeria and advocating only for Yoruba, not for Nigerians as a whole.

daft speech by gej - endorsed by ekt bear cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Obi's Budget In 2009 For Governor's Office Was Higher That Health And Education / Sahara Reporters Uploads Contacts Of Senators / Did You Know That Rochas Okorocha Could Dance Like This? (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.