Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,205 members, 7,849,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:41 AM

GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago (24900 Views)

A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian / Trinidad And Tobago Deports 28 Ex-Niger Delta Militants / Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Gbawe: 1:57pm On Aug 04, 2012
chucky234: In a multicultural nation like T and T everything is wrong with the statement but you will never see the truth because of the pittance you receives from GEJ,one can fight for freedom without being racist.

Very intelligent submission. What so-called "black Nations" and "third world" Countries need is not Malcolm X type leaderss who would be redundant Dinosaurs today because of how the world has changed. We don't need so called "black leaders" long on rhetoric and always keen to play 'helpless victims'.

We need leaders who will match and perhaps better others with dynamic, innovative and inspired leadership that will deliver the sort of development that naturally makes man, woman and children the best they can be. That is how we will catch up and keep up with others in an age where colour is beginning to matter less as Nations, due to globalisation and migrations, become more racially mixed.

Nothing, for example, illustrates this more than the ongoing Olympic games. Who is responsible for the Athletes of the African Nations not being able to challenge the best in the world? Is it not our own "black" leaders with their corrupt, haphazard, disorganised, self-serving and unpatriotic approach to investing in Sports and ensuring athletes have everything needed to develop optimally?

2 Likes

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by DExplorer1: 2:05pm On Aug 04, 2012
Pataki: This mad man again? undecided
Pataki: Our inglorious Retardeen has done it again.

This is the same foool who told us, suicide bombing happens all over the world even in developed countries.

This is the same foool who told us, we should live with bombing.

The point is, we have a president who is completely certified as stewpeed. He talks faster than he thinks. An utter disgrace to the nation. Gosh, how I wish tomorrow was 2015! angry

A simple research into the multi-cultural and multi-racial background of T&T by Dr. Retardeen would have saved him from this backlash of tongues spitting at him. As if the heaps of insults given to him by Nigerians due to his repeated idiotic utterances is not enough, he had to go all the way to T&T with his Otueke cassava brain and receive further insults from the good people of T&T.

What a dunderhead! cheesy
For me NL each day is fun but when my eyes hits your username, it's a sad story to reasonable people here. Dude, pls get a life but if you can't cut your fingers or just do something to stay off the internet. GEJ is your leader, the reason you're still a Nigerian, your father, the fresh air you and your household breath if you get my message and you aren't a dimwit, your next response will be " Thank you sir! " Cheers

You Need To Read These! Why He Hasn't Proposed

After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

2 Likes

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 04, 2012
GEJ's weaknesses are quite many. We need to put people who are well exposed in power.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by onatisi(m): 2:15pm On Aug 04, 2012
ekt_bear: What is wrong with his statement? What is racist about it?
i wonder what is wrong with ppl,they just hate this man for no reason there is nothing racist about this statement and even if a white man should complain simply because he doesnt want a black man on top ,should a black man complain about a statement making him a black man superior ?
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2012
Gbawe:

Very intelligent submission. What so-called "black Nations" and "third world" Countries need is not Malcolm X type leaderss who would be redundant Dinosaurs today because of how the world has changed. We don't need so called "black leaders" long on rhetoric and always keen to play 'helpless victims'.

We need leaders who will match and perhaps better others with dynamic, innovative and inspired leadership that will deliver the sort of development that naturally makes man, woman and children the best they can be. That is how we will catch up and keep up with others in an age where colour is beginning to matter less as Nations, due to globalisation and migrations, become more racially mixed.

Nothing, for example, illustrates this more than the ongoing Olympic games. Who is responsible for the Athletes of the African Nations not being able to challenge the best in the world? Is it not our own "black" leaders with their corrupt, haphazard, disorganised, self-serving and unpatriotic approach to investing in Sports and ensuring athletes have everything needed to develop optimally?
True
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by suwailad(f): 2:24pm On Aug 04, 2012
Billyonaire: Someone has to be a racist for standing up for his blood. If my opinion in this issue makes me a racist, then I am unapologetic about this. I am a student of history and will never forget the black history. Go to Ghana and see the physical evidences, go to Liberia and see evidences of how our ancestors were traded and tortured. Ponder for one moment how the blacks are treated in Mississippi, USA. Truth is kept secret. GEJ is simply telling us to keep that aside and try to rule the world. And I am obeying him to keep this hate aside and try to be Liahona and a paradigm for others to emulate. Dont even try to extinguish my candle.
bro please shut up this your tales at moonlight. If a white man or an indian said it what will you say.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Gbawe: 2:25pm On Aug 04, 2012
Pukkah:

The choice of words is not right. There was no need to tactlessly stoke racial and religious divides in today's multi-racial/religious world. It would have been better if he didn't make those statements because they portary him as shallow, unwise, and insensitive.

Again, have you not noticed that President Jonathan usually lacks the right words to express his thoughts and thereby struggles with words? He lacks good delivery and he's clearly a poor communicator. These are so obvious to see.

Have his T and T statements achieved the so-called motivation or inspiration or 'wake-up call'? Is the melee that has followed the statements what he intended?

This is the crux of the matter. He appears like a country bumpkin who does not appreciate the finesse or diversity at play in an increasingly more racially mixed world. Modern, dynamic Presidents understand what matters today and will matter even more pivotally in future.

To that end, optimally developing everyone within their border , whether black, white or green, is what matters most to the modern leader. When you begin to talk about "black dominance", how is that possible and how do you sell such a redundant concepts in todays diverse world? Did GEJ even look at the faces in the crowd everywhere he went in T and T to know to keep his "black dominance" rhetoric to himself? Is it not GEJ's ethnically divisive and religiously polarising antics, that he gets away with in Nigeria, now catching up with him internationally?

As is becoming the case more and more, Nations will become increasingly less associated with colour in the future and more with ideals and the ability to develop productive citizens - whatever colour they may be. Borders are shrinking and modern leaders appreciate this concept. It is sad Jonathan lacks basic vision and awareness to the extent he can talk of a nebulous concept that sound like hollow and offensive rhetoric to many.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Pataki: 2:25pm On Aug 04, 2012
D-Explorer:

For me NL each day is fun but when my eyes hits your username, it's a sad story to reasonable people here. Dude, pls get a life but if you can't cut your fingers or just do something to stay off the internet. GEJ is your leader, the reason you're still a Nigerian, your father, the fresh air you and your household breath if you get my message and you aren't a dimwit, your next response will be " Thank you sir! " Cheers
cheesy

Listen James, and listen good. I am your cyber nightmare! Look at this GEJ arselicker, a paid sycophant, and a lowly educated bum telling me to get a life?! I am curious though, how many times in a day do you eat your cassava bread? Me thinks it sure is a stimulant to your crass stupidity.

Now back to our President Retardeen, please tell me, why is he sooooo daft? Why is there NEVER any good news emanating from his Otueke cassava brain?

A supposed lecturer and researcher like him should have done his background research work before opening his silly gob and disgracing us in T&T. Now read my post and thank me later for educating you once again on this forum.

Arselicker.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by suwailad(f): 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2012
edo.girl:
People of Europian, or Asian origin aren't going to lose a minute's sleep over the desire of a blundering African President for black domination. The truth is Nigeria and its President are not respected abroad, so unless what this man said would affect the price of crude, it's of little relevance to Americans and Europeans. Sad, but true.

However, what Jonathan's comment shows, once again, is the man's lack of sophistication and self - restraint . We saw that with his infamous 'I don't care' comment in the much-publicised TV interview. As the leader of a country, and if you want to be respected as having an ounce of intelligence, you cannot make carefre e statements, especially when abroad, about wanting your race to dominate.

Also, if the President is so keen on race domination, tribe domination(Ijaw) must also be dear to his heart - any wonder some Nigerians already complain about a strong tribal bias in his administration.

If he wants Nigeria to become a leading nation in the world, and for him to be respected, he should talk less and use the opportunity he has as its leader to:

- genuinely fight corruption
- shun gangster electioneering politics, and
- bring about genuine economic reform to liberate the masses from the chains of poverty.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by antitpiah: 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2012
edo.girl:
People of Europian, or Asian origin aren't going to lose a minute's sleep over the desire of a blundering African President for black domination. The truth is Nigeria and its President are not respected abroad, so unless what this man said would affect the price of crude, it's of little relevance to Americans and Europeans. Sad, but true.

Africans ( Black and ugly) and their colonial mentality . . . always looking for relevance with Caucasians ( white and beautiful ) aka The Americans and The Europeans

However, what Jonathan's comment shows, once again, is the man's lack of sophistication and self - restraint . We saw that with his infamous 'I don't care' comment in the much-publicised TV interview. As the leader of a country, and if you want to be respected as having an ounce of intelligence, you cannot make carefre e statements, especially when abroad, about wanting your race to dominate.

A single gaffe = No sophistication? For godssake, the man is the president of the biggest country in Africa, with over 250 tribes. He is saddled with one of the most complicated (read primitive) political systems in Africa. A man working hard at improving the economic lives of over 150 million people, many of whom are educated, yet lack basic critical skills to analyse issues intelligently, let alone create jobs for themselves. Here is a man presiding over a country with over 30 percent unemployment, higher among the youth and recent, expo-dependent, university graduates. He is distracted left, right and center by discontent militia groups sponsored by rich citizens with the most to gain from a chaotic polity. I agree that what he said didnt portray him very well, especially on the international stage with mostly Caucasian audience (God Bless caucasians . . . my African brothers will go to any length to not incur their contempt, even if they have to make a mountain from a molehill). But before we begin to criticize this man for his gaffes, we need to ask ourselves, where are his speech writers. Where are the people getting paid top dollars to prepare his speech? He has a lot on his plate already, censoring himself every time he is about to speak or read a prepared speech shouldnt be one of the things he ought to worry about.

Also, if the President is so keen on race domination, tribe domination(Ijaw) must also be dear to his heart - any wonder some Nigerians already complain about a strong tribal bias in his administration.

You are free to draw whatever conclusion you wish to draw from a simple badly worded sentence. There is nothing in the speech that points to his desire at race domination. He was simply advocating for emancipation. Freedom from colonial mentality, which you seem to be suffering from. It was the right speech meant for people like you and the many dunderheads on this thread. His only mistake IMO is that the speech was delivered to the wrong audience.

If he wants Nigeria to become a leading nation in the world, and for him to be respected, he should talk less and use the opportunity he has as its leader to:

- genuinely fight corruption

There is no evidence that he is not already doing that. In fact, recent success by the EFCC points to the opposite. The problem with EFCC and ICPC isnt GEJ per se, the problem mostly has to do with capacity. Situations when we have SANs, whole SANS, not knowing how to file ordinary motions call for collective reflection.

- shun gangster electioneering politics, and
- bring about genuine economic reform to liberate the masses from the chains of poverty.

Ask not what your govt can do for you ask what you can do for your govt? If Mark Zuckerberg and the rest waited for Obama to do something about the economy before creating his multi-billion dollar empire, a lot of people, including Zuckerberg himself, might still be living in their parents basement today at 29, like most Nigerians do. It is time you learn to pull yourself up by the bootstrap and look for ways to emancipate yourself. The years of waiting for the govt to wake you up, dress you, feed you, clean up after you, beg you to apply for jobs etc is over.

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2012
Oga

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 04, 2012
@antitpiah just been emotional yarning utter dust. The guy fcked up, simple as that.

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by antitpiah: 2:39pm On Aug 04, 2012
Pataki: cheesy

Listen James, and listen good. I am your cyber nightmare! Look at this GEJ arselicker, a paid sycophant, and a lowly educated bum telling me to get a life?! I am curious though, how many times in a day do you eat your cassava bread? Me thinks it sure is a stimulant to your crass stupidity.

Now back to our President Retardeen, please tell me, why is he sooooo daft? Why is there NEVER any good news emanating from his Otueke cassava brain?

A supposed lecturer and researcher like him should have done his background research work before opening his silly gob and disgracing us in T&T. Now read my post and thank me later for educating you once again on this forum.

Arselicker.

I totally agree with you. He should have done his research, maybe spend a few minutes on NL before delivering that speech; after all he has as much free time as Mr. Pataoshi. Stupiddddd people, neglecting his wife and kid,sitting fat behind his laptop/Ipad criticizing something he knows very little about. Agbaya.

Cyber nightmare ko, Google searcher ni.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by DerMeister: 2:40pm On Aug 04, 2012
When they come back from this jamboree, can someone put the donkey and the sow in the stable and the sty, feed the donkey some hay and the sow its usual slops. They shouldn't be let out to disgrace us again!!!
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 04, 2012
antitpiah:

A single gaffe = No sophistication?

There have been quite many gaffes home and abroad. GEJ can not be trusted to deliver without a prepared speech. The capacity to think on one's feet is almost non existent for GEJ. He views fast changing global issue with a very local and primitive mind set.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Pataki: 2:46pm On Aug 04, 2012
antitpiah:

I totally agree with you. He should have done his research, maybe spend a few minutes on NL before delivering that speech; after all he has as much free time as Mr. Pataoshi. Stupiddddd people, neglecting his wife and kid,sitting fat behind his laptop/Ipad criticizing something he knows very little about. Agbaya.

Cyber nightmare ko, Google searcher ni.
Immediately, I read your first idiotic balderdash, wherein you were drawing references to America, I knew your next post would be to quote me and get yourself eja.culating over my post. Apoda ayeraye oshi.

I am not paid to be the President. So if Retardeen and you sycophants cannot stand the heat, ask the disgrace of a human being to resign. What is it with your dunderheads that once your Retardeen of a president is criticized, insulted for his gross inanity, your idiotic radars are automatically tuned out? How do you know I have wife and kids? cheesy Sugomu wanting to throw a jibe at me. cheesy

Eat some Otueke cassava bread, it will relieve you of the stress of reading my intelligent post. cheesy

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Kobojunkie: 2:50pm On Aug 04, 2012
If you see nothing wrong with the original statement, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with the statement below. . . .

[size=14pt]" Continued struggle is necessary so that the Hausa man will always be at the top and dictate to the all of Nigeria"...[/size]
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by cap28: 2:50pm On Aug 04, 2012
The beauty of white supremacy is that it has succeeded in lulling many africans to sleep while it continues to spread its tentacles unhindered.

Proliferation of white owned media stations in africa with eurocentric values replacing indigenous african cultural values - many africans think this is a sign of advancement and not brainwashing and mass mind control

Increase in interacial relationships between black men and white women - africans think this is a sign that whites love them and now see them as equals, oblivious to the fact that they are committing race suicide.

Adoption of euro centric education - - blacks welcome this and think this is a sign that this will "civilise" them and place them on an equal footing with whites - completely unaware that this same education teaches them to hate themselves, their ancestry, their culture and everything that reminds them of themselves.

Adoption of european standards of beauty - many africans actually beleive that europeans are better looking than themselves - if not why would an african woman wear those atrocious looking wigs and use bleaching creams if not to mimic the way european women look and why would many african men consciously seek out white women for marriage and procreation , most races want their children to look like them - why are we not like that?

white supremacy is no longer overt and in your face - its sophisticated and undercover. It preys on the low self esteem of african people - many years of being mentally beaten and mistreated has convinced us that we are not worth much. This is why so many on here can not even see the importance of showing solidarity with members of their own race.

The biggest trick the system of white supremacy ever played on the mind of black people was to convince us that it no longer exists.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by DerMeister: 2:51pm On Aug 04, 2012
Pataki:
Immediately, I read your first idiotic balderdash, wherein you were drawing references to America, I knew your next post would be to quote me and get yourself eja.culating over my post. Apoda ayeraye oshi.

I am not paid to be the President. So if Retardeen and you sycophants cannot stand the heat, ask the disgrace of a human being to resign. What is it with your dunderheads that once your Retardeen of a president is criticized, insulted for his gross inanity, your idiotic radars are automatically tuned out? How do you know I have wife and kids? cheesy Sugomu wanting to throw a jibe at me. cheesy

Eat some Otueke cassava bread, it will relieve you of the stress of reading my intelligent post. cheesy

grin grin grin ^^^^^^^^^ grin grin grin
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by antitpiah: 2:53pm On Aug 04, 2012
bayooooooo:

There have been quite many gaffes home and abroad. GEJ can not be trusted to deliver without a prepared speech. The capacity to think on one's feet is almost non existent for GEJ.

In the age of teleprompters and speech writers, it is safe to say no modern president can be trusted to deliver without a prepared speech. Even our Abraham Lincoln re-incarnate from south-side Chicago rarely delivers without using teleprompters and prepared speeches. Prepared by some of the best speech writers in the business, and, they are very well paid too; seven of them earning a combined $624200 grin

He views fast changing global issue with a very local and primitive mind set.

If you want him to think like a Westerner, and maybe deliver his speeches with some borrowed accents, just say it. You wont be the first to criticize that aspect of his presidency. Truth be told, there is nothing primitive about his mindset, well, unless you think the Nigerian mindset is primitive? That is an argument for another day. As far as I can tell, he is authentically Nigerian, in mindset and out-look. And you really cant ask for more from a NIGERIAN president or can you?
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Pataki: 2:55pm On Aug 04, 2012
bayooooooo:

There have been quite many gaffes home and abroad. GEJ can not be trusted to deliver without a prepared speech. The capacity to think on one's feet is almost non existent for GEJ. He views fast changing global issue with a very local and primitive mind set.

Thank you sir! Astutely stated. A primitive ignorant mind set. Speaks volume to the intellectual capacity of a man we elected as President. A man who chose to debate his ignorant self during election.

Gosh, history will remember this man as an utter dunce!
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by andyanders: 2:58pm On Aug 04, 2012
Please, do not blame our president for any comment made in Jamaica. He was under the influence of Jamaican Marijuana.

When weed is acting, do not blame the physical asthe spirit mind has been intoxicated.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Pataki: 2:59pm On Aug 04, 2012
oyb:

jonadunce must think he is campigning - the only one waving

master of ceremonies cheesy cheesy

no one but jona - not politically incorrect, politically stoopid

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Abeg no make choke on this Otueke cassava juice I dey drink for my bathroom oh. cheesy
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 04, 2012
andyanders: Please, do not blame our president for any comment made in Jamaica. He was under the influence of Jamaican Marijuana.

When weed is acting, do not blame the physical asthe spirit mind has been intoxicated.
actually, he made the speech in Trinidad and Tobago, not Jamaica.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by affordable4: 3:12pm On Aug 04, 2012
Is true that Goodluck Jonathan is an addict drunkard? .....pls I'm curious to know
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by taharqa: 3:15pm On Aug 04, 2012
It is fearful to what low or extent, HATRED 4 anoda person, sm pips wud descend.just cos sm hypersensitive Indians in T & T cherry-pickd a single word 'dictate' and took it out of context in an odawise fuller speech meant to uplift 'Blacks', sm 9jerians wud call dier President a 'silver-coated gorilla', a 'goat', a 'pot-bellied im.becile', a 'drunker' etc etc, on a public forum seen by all manner of ppl round d world..i was one of d most consistent critic of 9ja govts,including dis one and infact didnt vote 4 it last time, but no more; nt only am I nw trying to understand dis govt nd discovering interesting stuffs, but I kw when a group of Power Mongers re in dier game- virolent critics who are less primarily concernd bout d Good of the nation bt dier own 'vision' of wot d architecture of Power wud b. I may nt yet b sure of d govt but am very sure of this oda group of persons
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Johnprinceugo(m): 3:16pm On Aug 04, 2012
all those criticizing gej r idiots n senseless. What is wrong wit blacks, if not 4 emancipation britain would have bn colonizing us 2day.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by taharqa: 3:18pm On Aug 04, 2012
I read evri single comment here. It is fearful to what low or extent, HATRED 4 anoda person, sm pips wud descend.just cos sm hypersensitive Indians in T & T cherry-pickd a single word 'dictate' and took it out of context in an odawise fuller speech meant to uplift 'Blacks', sm 9jerians wud call dier President a 'silver-coated gorilla', a 'goat', a 'pot-bellied im.becile', a 'drunker' etc etc, on a public forum seen by all manner of ppl round d world..i was one of d most consistent critic of 9ja govts,including dis one and infact didnt vote 4 it last time, but no more; nt only am I nw trying to understand dis govt nd discovering interesting stuffs, but I kw when a group of Power Mongers re in dier game- virolent critics who are less primarily concernd bout d Good of the nation bt dier own 'vision' of wot d architecture of Power wud b. I may nt yet b sure of d govt but am very sure of this oda group of persons
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by dasparrow: 3:18pm On Aug 04, 2012
cap28: The beauty of white supremacy is that it has succeeded in lulling many africans to sleep while it continues to spread its tentacles unhindered.

Proliferation of white owned media stations in africa with eurocentric values replacing indigenous african cultural values - many africans think this is a sign of advancement and not brainwashing and mass mind control

Increase in interacial relationships between black men and white women - africans think this is a sign that whites love them and now see them as equals, oblivious to the fact that they are committing race suicide.

Adoption of euro centric education - - blacks welcome this and think this is a sign that this will "civilise" them and place them on an equal footing with whites - completely unaware that this same education teaches them to hate themselves, their ancestry, their culture and everything that reminds them of themselves.

Adoption of european standards of beauty - many africans actually beleive that europeans are better looking than themselves - if not why would an african woman wear those atrocious looking wigs and use bleaching creams if not to mimic the way european women look and why would many african men consciously seek out white women for marriage and procreation , most races want their children to look like them - why are we not like that?

white supremacy is no longer overt and in your face - its sophisticated and undercover. It preys on the low self esteem of african people - many years of being mentally beaten and mistreated has convinced us that we are not worth much. This is why so many on here can not even see the importance of showing solidarity with members of their own race.

The biggest trick the system of white supremacy ever played on the mind of black people was to convince us that it no longer exists.

Very well said. You and a few others are the only ones making much sense on this thread.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 04, 2012
antitpiah:

In the age of teleprompters and speech writers, it is safe to say no modern president can be trusted to deliver without a prepared speech. Even our Abraham Lincoln incarnate from south-side Chicago rarely delvers without using teleprompters and prepared speeches. Prepared by more some of the best speech writers in the business, and, they are very well paid too. grin

Are you for real? Clinton addressed Nigerian NASS for over two hours without a prepared speech, teleprompters etc and without any gaffe too. You don't need a prepared speech to make an intelligent comment or put mildly a diplomatic one. GEJ can not do it without a prepared speech.

If you want him to think like a Westerner, and maybe deliver his speeches with some borrowed accents, just say it. You wont be the first to criticize that aspect of his presidency. Truth be told, there is nothing primitive about his mindset, well, unless you think the Nigerian mindset is primitive? That is an argument for another day. As far as I can tell, he is authentically Nigerian, in mindset and out-look. And you really cant ask for more from a NIGERIAN president or can you?

No one is talking of accent. In fact, I would even be much more impressed had he spoken in his native Ijaw/Izon language and allowed interpreters to do the job. Chinese, Russian, French etc Presidents speak their respective languages on foreign visits and don't give a damn about accent. So, the accent thing is for you. His is primitive, myopic, crude and not representative of authentic Nigerian mindset.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by shilling(f): 3:22pm On Aug 04, 2012
We all understand what he was trying to say and he meant well. His choice of wording was to wrong and he should fire his speech writer.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by DExplorer1: 3:24pm On Aug 04, 2012
Pataki: cheesy

Arselicker.
Dude, don't derail the thread. Trinidad and Tobago in her entirety has less than 2% whites and over 88% blacks (not particularly Africans). GEJ never said Africans or an African man will also be at the top and can dictate to the rest of the world, he clearly stated BLACK. So dude what's your grievance about? That he was wrong for mentioning black in a country largely occupied by black people? Or is charcoal your rep for blacks? GEJ was referring to the skin color and not the tribes. GEJ was never wrong and that statement is totally mind empowering. Lest i forget, i saw your rudeness, am just observing my 30mins of tolerance. I hope that's clear enough. Cheers

You Need To Read These! Why He Hasn't Proposed

After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Melaye Dance To “konko Below Song”, Host Get Together Party over Atiku's Victory / Oby Ezekwesili Replies Troll Who Slammed Her For Saying National Carrier Must Fa / Oshiomhole An Election Rigger, A Fake Comrade Obasanjo Bribed Severally – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.