Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,124 members, 7,953,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:03 PM

Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? (18770 Views)

UBA Security Collects Bribe At The ATM From Customer, Fight Ensues (Video) / How To Buy Airtime Directly From Your Bank Without Internet Or Using The Atm / Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by tunde300us(m): 11:55am On Aug 05, 2012
I honestly dont see the need to start counting your money right in front of the ATM machine especially when there re so many other people waiting to use the machine.
Honestly i have been short changed before and it was an error for everyone who uses that particular machine that day,but my reason for saying dont count is purely common-sensical

1.If the ATM short pays you,and you confirm right in front of the ATM machine,it makes no difference from if you just step aside somewhere and do the counting,cos the ATM machine cannot correct itself and hence whether na im front u count am oh abi na inside your house it makes no diff at all.

2.If you count, and your cash is not correct then you just step into the bank and make necessary complain,it is not by standing with the machine and counting the cash that authenticates or correct the mistake,it is tru a log or sometin that the ATM itself generates that your complaint is verified.

So next time you go to the ATM machine,please dont waste oda ppls time by counting your cash in front of the ATM.Just step aside and do the counting,and if there is any issue u can then go inside the banking hall and make your complain known

1 Like

Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by bunmixtra(f): 11:56am On Aug 05, 2012
I see no reason why it should be counted. some pple say it dispenses both 500 n 1000 mixed I feel that what u feed it, it vomits same...d garbage in garbagout rule....I av only experienced d one after counting d cash n it won't dispense. or it Wud b counting then d machine Wud go off possibly due to battery ish...
m ok wiv 9ja atms o...d only ish I av is d ntwrk ish wen I need cash badly or no. of days/weeks for refunds, or when my card is trapped in anoda banks machine
Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by sheringan(f): 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2012
afolabom:
How i go dey count money in front ATM.
Even if e no complete who u wan complain to?

GOD go bless u joor, the mone comes out short or not who go believe u wen u report
Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by achi4u(m): 12:08pm On Aug 05, 2012
hahahagrin I even dy listing to the sound of the machine when the money are been count.
naija tin dy differ o!cheesy

1 Like

Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by pafestula(m): 12:12pm On Aug 05, 2012
afolabom:
How i go dey count money in front ATM.
Even if e no complete who u wan complain to?
Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by Gabrielsylar(m): 12:18pm On Aug 05, 2012
of course u have to count your money...WONT U settle the cashier inside the ATM that is dispensing the money.... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by francis247(m): 12:21pm On Aug 05, 2012
Sure! Abi no be NAIJA again.
Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by obimind(m): 12:25pm On Aug 05, 2012
[/color][color=#006600]I count my money after being paid by ATM to avoid being paid with mutilated cash.
Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by jamace(m): 12:28pm On Aug 05, 2012
Oh Nigeria a a a!!!. shocked See how people have lost faith and confidence in anything Nigerian or in Nigeria because of corruption. I weep for this country.sadsad
Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by jevic(m): 12:33pm On Aug 05, 2012
Human beings are not perfect, let alone machines that are built by them. So it is good you count your money after collecting it from the ATM machine. Human beings are not perfect, let alone machines that are built by them. So it is good you count your money after collecting it from the ATM machine. Human beings are not perfect, let alone machines that are built by them. So it is good you count your money after collecting it from the ATM machine.
Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by pafestula(m): 12:34pm On Aug 05, 2012
Exactly d question I wanted to ask them all, even the money is dirty etc, re u going to beat d machine on that, pls lets stop showing public madeness with artificial human, if ATM short paid u b4, pls prove it here because I knw wat to ask u to uncovered yr lies, I do installed ATM, ISP dish, Satellite reciever etc, so lie here and let me get u,
ATM could debit u wrongly....YES
ATM could overpay u....YES my wife told me dis happened in Uk last week YES
ATM could cease yr card.....YES
ATM could reject yr card if broken...YES
ATM could reject yr card IF d magnetic chip is damaged or scratched...YES
ATM could reject yr card if u removed d transparent laminated cover on it...YES
ATM may keep yr card for more 30mins that is netwk problem....YES
ATM comprises of many device and electronics gadget inside it
1. Lens
2. Card reader
3. Infrared rays
4. Camera Lens/ video recorder
5 Mercury bulbs
6. Bin tray
7. ISP server
8. Memory device etc
So tell me the rest that dont knw!
Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 05, 2012
This post appeared twice.
Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by kinsab(f): 12:35pm On Aug 05, 2012
who said counting ur cash is wrong? Atm mechine do make mistakes network error!! but why this topic on front page?
Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 05, 2012
What will you do.Infact,what can you do if the money is not complete?

1 Like

Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by pafestula(m): 12:35pm On Aug 05, 2012
[quote author=pafestula][/quote]
Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:41pm On Aug 05, 2012
mxxpunkxx!:
only illiterates do so . . if u really understand how an ATM works, then you would be wasting ur energy counting,
the machine has a sensor that pushes each bill into the dispatch tray, one bill at a time
another infra-red sensor scans each bill for thickness. this means if two bills are stuck together, it would not come out
rather it would pass into a reject bin. any bill that is badly torn is also passed into the reject bin
it does this so perfectly, it could never go wrong.
the only mistake an ATM could do, is debiting your account without paying
and it's not the machine's fault. it's caused by a timeout in network while transmitting banking messages from the machine to the relay server.
4 ur mind abi? Dis s 9ja, anytin can happen.
Let me gv u some personal experience...
1. U can be overpaid
2. U can be shortpaid
3. U can be paid with torn notes. When u receive dis kinda money, will u accept it in good fate.
4. I v seen an ATM machine dat gives people electric shock @ (Intercontinental) now Access Bank, Ijebu Ode.
No be Thick Zobo! Na confirm.
& 2 people dat r saying if it shortpaid or gives u a dirty or torn money. If its d ATM of a Paticular Bank & it happend during d Banking hours, u can lay ur complains dr. I v done it b4 & d Bank assisted me.
Lastly I m literate & count my money @times b4 leaving d machine inoda 2 avoid stories dat touches d heart.

2 Likes

Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by olu4life(m): 12:41pm On Aug 05, 2012
How many times will they answer the question
Reyginus: What will you do,infact,what can you if the money is not complete?
Simply walk into d bank to make d complain, no staff will disregard your complain. I hate Nigerians with the mentality of nothing hapens even though u make complain. I confirm my cash before leaving the atm and i also change the money if its torn inside the bank. Shikena

1 Like

Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by naturalwaves: 12:43pm On Aug 05, 2012
mxxpunkxx!:
only illiterates do so . . if u really understand how an ATM works, then you would be wasting ur energy counting,
the machine has a sensor that pushes each bill into the dispatch tray, one bill at a time
another infra-red sensor scans each bill for thickness. this means if two bills are stuck together, it would not come out
rather it would pass into a reject bin. any bill that is badly torn is also passed into the reject bin
and it's not the machine's fault. it's caused by a timeout in network while transmitting banking messages from the machine to the relay server.
Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by freecocoa(f): 12:43pm On Aug 05, 2012
Ah i count my money o but its more of a reflex action because i'm used to counting any money i receive at anytime or anywhere.
Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by mallorca(m): 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2012
ebamma: na naija we dey no be europe,u never can tell wetin naija atm fit do.
Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2012
where's the foolishness in counting your money before taking it away from the ATM? Is it God that's dispensing the money?

1 Like

Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by 234GT(m): 12:45pm On Aug 05, 2012
I no need to count any money for atm. Na one one thousand I dey always collectcheesy

4 Likes

Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by kemidebbie(f): 12:46pm On Aug 05, 2012
olaniyi .o:
Why Do You Still Count Your Money After ATM Has Dispensed?

I have seen most people count their money after the ATM machine has dispensed their cash. Is it that the machine can make mistakes even though such as not be recorded.air your view.
me i dey count my money well well, i no want hear any story!:/
Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by pafestula(m): 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa:
4 ur mind abi? Dis s 9ja, anytin can happen.
Let me gv u some personal experience...
1. U can be overpaid
2. U can be shortpaid
3. U can be paid with torn notes. When u receive dis kinda money, will u accept it in good fate.
4. I v seen an ATM machine dat gives people electric shock @ (Intercontinental) now Access Bank, Ijebu Ode.
No be Thick Zobo! Na confirm.
Lastly I m literate & count my money @times b4 leaving d machine inoda 2 avoid stories dat touches d heart.

yr generator, car etc can also give u electric shock, even yr TV antenna, why re u talking like this? When something is powered by Electric Enery and Solar energy, so what re u talking about? I guess you re not a scientist! And as for short paid... SIR U RE WRONG!!! Instead it wont pay u kobo, maybe u ask for 10k, and money inside is 3k, yr answer is "temporary unable to dispense cash"
Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by naturalwaves: 12:49pm On Aug 05, 2012
Here comes an ITK(I too know) calling those that count their monies illiterates.My friend,what do u know about computers and programs?Don't u know that someone can tamper with d program?The program sourcecode can be altered to suit d intent of d cracker for a particular period of time?What if that happens?When pple count their monies,they do so,so that they can confirm if they are paid accurately and also to forward complaints to d financial institutions so that they can correct any abnormality wich will be beneficial to both parties.Go make researches and stop insulting pple.

2 Likes

Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by tunde300us(m): 12:52pm On Aug 05, 2012
So even if the money is 100k,u will stay in front of the ATM and be counting it No one is saying dont count ur money,but please do it else where cos it is not the ATM that authenticate whether if ure over paid or under paid,neither will it change a bad currency for u if u have an issue with it.

U guys can do better than writing some funny scenarios here.This is how it should be when ure at the ATM

Get ur cash,step aside to count it so that others can use the machine,if u notice any probs just go into the banking hall and make ur complain.Please dont make a mockery of urself by counting the money right infront of the ATM machine,except maybe for security reasons

1 Like

Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by chuka2003(m): 12:54pm On Aug 05, 2012
Justosaus: where's the foolishness in counting your money before taking it away from the ATM? Is it God that's dispensing the money?

lolz..oya if the atm shortchange you, what can you do standing in front of the ATM?? What happens? you want to start arguing with the machine?? lolz
Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by pafestula(m): 12:54pm On Aug 05, 2012
pafestula: Exactly d question I wanted to ask them all, even the money is dirty etc, re u going to beat d machine on that, pls lets stop showing public madeness with artificial human, if ATM short paid u b4, pls prove it here because I knw wat to ask u to uncovered yr lies, I do installed ATM, ISP dish, Satellite reciever etc, so lie here and let me get u,
ATM could debit u wrongly....YES
ATM could overpay u....YES my wife told me dis happened in Uk last week YES
ATM could cease yr card.....YES
ATM could reject yr card if broken...YES
ATM could reject yr card IF d magnetic chip is damaged or scratched...YES
ATM could reject yr card if u removed d transparent laminated cover on it...YES
ATM may keep yr card for more 30mins that is netwk problem....YES
ATM comprises of many device and electronics gadget inside it
1. Lens
2. Card reader
3. Infrared rays
4. Camera Lens/ video recorder
5 Mercury bulbs
6. Bin tray
7. ISP server
8. Memory device etc
So tell me the rest that dont knw!
ATM short paid U before....oya face me!
Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by Yinkay: 12:59pm On Aug 05, 2012
It is risky counting money at ATM point especially in a non busy locations
Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by dani1luv: 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2012
It depends! We have different types of atm!

IGBO ATM - Would always wanna collect commission!

YORUBA ATM - You must kneel before the atm to thank it, else ยต e no go dispense all

HAUSA ATM - Hausa's nor deh get atm card jor grin

So why won't I wanna count my cash? I deh craze?! What if the atm I intend using is is igbo?? 10% commission for sure! grin

My two cents!!
Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2012
@poster perhaps an ATM has never short paid you before? Or maybe you haven't heard of the term 'dispense error'

1 Like

Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by Oluwo1: 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2012
mxxpunkxx!:

Lastweek i saw a corper counting money from atm b4 ejecting his card.. So no b only illetrate dey do am

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About Mobile Money / Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) / Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.