Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,492 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? (9965 Views)

Muhammad cannot be the Comforter / Who Is The Comforter Jesus Promised / Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by tiarabubu: 7:28pm On Sep 08, 2012
LagosShia: ^
I hope you know (with the exception of syria and iran that back hamas) most if not all of these arab states are governed by tyrants who are loyal to the west.

Mubarak closed the border with gaza and cut food and gas supply with israel's blessing.mubarak himself who put egypt in bondage was receiving 3 billion dollars 'aide' from the US.the generals of the egyptian army under mubarak were on the payroll of the pentagon as well.for what? I think to protect and keep israel safe.and you think they care about palestinians? Or is it zionist-wahhabi saudi monarcy? Please get your facts straight!

And many of those helping hamas would definitely not come out to state what they have given.

So what you are saying is that the Arabs are a greedy lot? They will sell their own for a few dollars? So none is bold to walk the talk? Thanks for that confirmation. Next time please remember your statement when you try to uphold the Arabs in your arguments.

Why then hasn't your dear Iran come in to help? Huh? With 330 billion dollars GDP and 100 billion dollars in foreign reserve surely they can dash the palestinians the 1bn dollar deficit they are facing. With children dying, hospitals without drugs and workers not paid and threatening strike SURELY that's more of an emergency than anything ko? Why is Iran quiet?

mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2010-10-30/iran-has-foreign-exchange-reserves-topping-100-billion-ahmadinejad-says.html

You have removed saudi, Eygpt and Co., what is the excuse for Iran not dashing 1bn dollars. What say ye? Yet it is the west that is raising the alarm for the palestinians!

Ironically it is Isreali that are asking for a loan FOR the palestinians as the PLA is heading towards financial meltdown! Yet YOUR iran is quiet!

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM: Israel sought a $1 billion IMF bridging loan for the Palestinian Authority earlier this year, but was turned down, an Israeli newspaper said Monday in a report confirmed to AFP by a senior Israeli official.

Haaretz reported that Israel's central bank chief Stanley Fischer approached the International Monetary Fund for the money after discussing the Palestinian Authority's financial crisis with Palestinian prime minister Salam Fayyad.

Sometime after the IMF's annual conference in mid-April, Fischer asked the body for the loan, which Israel would have taken on the Palestinians' behalf.

Israel would then have transferred the money to the Palestinian Authority (PA) headed by president Mahmoud Abbas, which would have repaid the money to the Israeli government.

Israel would have remained responsible for repaying the loan to the IMF, under the deal, but the institution eventually declined to make the loan available.

Haaretz said it turned the proposal down because it feared setting a precedent of making IMF money available to non-state entities, like the Palestinian Authority, which as a non-state cannot directly request or receive IMF funding.

A senior Israeli official who spoke to AFP on condition of anonymity confirmed that the details contained in the Haaretz report were accurate.

The Palestinian Authority in the West Bank has been suffering a financial crisis for at least the past year, as pledged funds from Arab nations have failed to materialize, leaving the government unable to pay wages and bills.

www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/2012/Jul-02/179027-israel-sought-$1-billion-imf-loan-for-palestinians.ashx#axzz1zRzZx9Hs

Abegi. The middle east politics is more complex than you think. It's a delicate balancing act on all sides. It's people like you that bring sentiments into reality. Until those that matter come down from their high horses and take pragmatic steps, the suffering will continue.

Please let the thread resume, you hear?
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by tiarabubu: 7:40pm On Sep 08, 2012
dexmond: Tiarabubu, well done, I am preparing for exam, when I finish I will resume, hope they dont ban me.

Thanks. I hope not too.

Wishing you AAAAAAAAA'ssssssss!
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by LagosShia: 10:42pm On Sep 08, 2012
^
What on earth don't you understand that the PA doesn't represent all or most palestinians and their deficit is their own headach? The PA is loyal to its masters in the west,so the west should rescue them.
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by tiarabubu: 12:10am On Sep 09, 2012
^^^
There are two palestinian leadership factions - Fatah and Hamas holding out in West Bank and Gaza respectively.

I have trashed out fatah's financial troubles. Let's consider the other faction (which is more militant, has more local support and has the backing of Iran and syria)

Is hamas any better? NO. They also depend on aid outside what small amount iran is doling out. (though more ingenious than fatah)

In the late 1980s, 10% of all Hamas funding came Islamic Republic of Iran.Later, from 1993 to 2006, Iran provided Hamas with approximately $30 US million annually . More recent assessments indicate that Iranian funding has increased significantly between 2006–2009, to hundreds of millions of Euros per year. After 2009, sanctions on Iran made funding difficult, forcing Hamas instead to rely on religious donations by individuals in the West Bank, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia. Since June 2011 funding from the Islamic Republic of Iran has been cut to show "displeasure at Hamas's failure to hold public rallies in support of President Assad" in the face of the Syrian uprising, and funding from the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt has been cut so the MB can diverts funds "to support Arab Spring revolts". The shortages have meant that Gaza's 40,000 civil service and security employees were not paid July 2011.

To fund it's budget, Hamas has raised new taxes on businesses and imposed a 14.5% tax on luxury goods smuggled through the tunnels. Gaza businessmen have accused Hamas of profiting from the blockade and using these taxes to buy large tracts of land and private buildings for public facilities in competition to established businesses.

In August 2011, the U.S State Department threatened to cut a 100 million dollars in aid it sends to the Gaza Strip if Hamas continues to insist upon auditing American foreign aid organizations after Hamas suspended operations of the International Medical Corps following the group's refusal to submit to an onsite audit.

A day after the US announced it was suspending financial aid to Gaza, Hamas officials said they had reached an agreement with the United States

shocked shocked

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas#section_13

So you see, all sides have interests to protect. See how Hamas too needs US money. Without international funds the palestinians are in trouble.

Just go back to the main issue of this thread jor.
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by LagosShia: 12:38am On Sep 09, 2012
tiarabubu: ^^^
There are two palestinian leadership factions - Fatah and Hamas holding out in West Bank and Gaza respectively.

I have trashed out fatah's financial troubles. Let's consider the other faction (which is more militant, has more local support and has the backing of Iran and syria)

Is hamas any better? NO. They also depend on aid outside what small amount iran is doling out. (though more ingenious than fatah)

In the late 1980s, 10% of all Hamas funding came Islamic Republic of Iran.Later, from 1993 to 2006, Iran provided Hamas with approximately $30 US million annually . More recent assessments indicate that Iranian funding has increased significantly between 2006–2009, to hundreds of millions of Euros per year. After 2009, sanctions on Iran made funding difficult, forcing Hamas instead to rely on religious donations by individuals in the West Bank, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia. Since June 2011 funding from the Islamic Republic of Iran has been cut to show "displeasure at Hamas's failure to hold public rallies in support of President Assad" in the face of the Syrian uprising, and funding from the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt has been cut so the MB can diverts funds "to support Arab Spring revolts". The shortages have meant that Gaza's 40,000 civil service and security employees were not paid July 2011.

To fund it's budget, Hamas has raised new taxes on businesses and imposed a 14.5% tax on luxury goods smuggled through the tunnels. Gaza businessmen have accused Hamas of profiting from the blockade and using these taxes to buy large tracts of land and private buildings for public facilities in competition to established businesses.

In August 2011, the U.S State Department threatened to cut a 100 million dollars in aid it sends to the Gaza Strip if Hamas continues to insist upon auditing American foreign aid organizations after Hamas suspended operations of the International Medical Corps following the group's refusal to submit to an onsite audit.

A day after the US announced it was suspending financial aid to Gaza, Hamas officials said they had reached an agreement with the United States

shocked shocked

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas#section_13

So you see, all sides have interests to protect. See how Hamas too needs US money. Without international funds the palestinians are in trouble.

Just go back to the main issue of this thread jor.

With the above you've proven two of my earlier points right:

1.Muslim countries provide the palestinians through unofficial channel (I.e. Not through UNRWA) even more than western countries do.your article cited Iran providing hundreds of millions of dollars to hamas.

2. The US is using blackmail against the palestinian people in particular by fighting against hamas' armed struggle against zionism and its occupation.the action of the US is to uphold apartheid israel and support genocide of the palestinians over the decades.

There is no harm in hamas accepting US aide.I'm sure it would even be good news if the US would remove hamas from the terrorist list and supply it with weapons to fight the illegal zionist occupation of palestinian land as both Iran and Syria do to keep the cause of the palestinian people alive to reclaim their land.
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by tiarabubu: 9:07am On Sep 09, 2012
^^
Stop being slippery.

Who says palestinian funding only comes from one source? Or only UN backed funding is "official". What is the percentage of Iranian funding compared to the west?

If arab nations feel US is blackmailing the palestinians over isreal why are they not filling the void now that Hamas and Fatah are now flat broke. Why are they still waiting for money from the "great satan"? Don't they have shame? If the US is not supporting the peace process why are Hamas and Fatah so hooked to their dollars. Hamas should not depend on US at all if it feels it so strongly as you wrote in (2). In fact that's why the Arabs & iran should step in . Don't you agree? Why are they not?

Why is Hamas accepting money from the US and keeping on the rhetoric? Why is the arab world standing by and letting hamas and Fatah go broke putting the lives of millions of fellow Arabs in jeopardy? Why has the arab world has FAILED to reconcile Hamas and Fatah to guide them towards a settlement of the palestinian problem? Why would Hamas and Fatah depend on the very same country they deride for their sustenance? Why is it that the arab countries cannot put their money where their mouths are and failing the palestinian people by not fulfilling their pledges? Why is it that you do not recognize that without the US & EU that you deride the palestinians would be worse off?

The palestinians know where the shoe pinches and know where their survival lies. U are just here swallowing propaganda without thinking pragmatically.

Well I have shown you that;

(i) prophet Muhammad is not the Comforter as promised by Jesus;

(ii) arab nations are not fully behind the palestinians. The" christian " west (as you guys call them) are the ones doing more to cater for the millions of Palestinian muslims than their own muslim arab brothers (who ironically make the most noise threatening the peace process).

I leave you to your ignorance. It's bliss. Enjoy!
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by LagosShia: 10:28am On Sep 09, 2012
tiarabubu: ^^
Stop being slippery.

Who says palestinian funding only comes from one source? Or only UN backed funding is "official". What is the percentage of Iranian funding compared to the west?

If arab nations feel US is blackmailing the palestinians over isreal why are they not filling the void now that Hamas and Fatah are now flat broke. Why are they still waiting for money from the "great satan"? Don't they have shame? If the US is not supporting the peace process why are Hamas and Fatah so hooked to their dollars. Hamas should not depend on US at all if it feels it so strongly as you wrote in (2). In fact that's why the Arabs & iran should step in . Don't you agree? Why are they not?

Why is Hamas accepting money from the US and keeping on the rhetoric? Why is the arab world standing by and letting hamas and Fatah go broke putting the lives of millions of fellow Arabs in jeopardy? Why has the arab world has FAILED to reconcile Hamas and Fatah to guide them towards a settlement of the palestinian problem? Why would Hamas and Fatah depend on the very same country they deride for their sustenance? Why is it that the arab countries cannot put their money where their mouths are and failing the palestinian people by not fulfilling their pledges? Why is it that you do not recognize that without the US & EU that you deride the palestinians would be worse off?

The palestinians know where the shoe pinches and know where their survival lies. U are just here swallowing propaganda without thinking pragmatically.

Well I have shown you that;

(i) prophet Muhammad is not the Comforter as promised by Jesus;

(ii) arab nations are not fully behind the palestinians. The" christian " west (as you guys call them) are the ones doing more to cater for the millions of Palestinian muslims than their own muslim arab brothers (who ironically make the most noise threatening the peace process).

I leave you to your ignorance. It's bliss. Enjoy!

You like generalizations and that makes it easy to deflect from the facts.imagine comparing what Iran donate to what the entire west donate.isn't that just $tupid?

You like using big and diverse terms like 'arabs','muslims',etc.suit yourself but there are exceptions in all things.

Like I said earlier hamas would honestly wish the US stops its support to apatheid israel,and improve on its humanitarian assistance to give weapons.

You can keep making claims about who the 'comforter' is.you're bitter about what's in your bible and this thread is evidence for all to see how pitiful you're .
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by tiarabubu: 11:33am On Sep 09, 2012
LagosShia:

You like generalizations and that makes it easy to deflect from the facts.imagine comparing what Iran donate to what the entire west donate.isn't that just $tupid?

Open your eyes. The palestinians are struggling with 1 billion dollars deficit. Iran has 300 billion dollars GDP and 100 billion dollars in foreign reserve. Surely 1 billion is very affordable. No? Given their hatred of the Isrealies, surely they have the capacity to bail the palestinians even if it's just Hamas. WHY ARE THEY NOT? Hamas is BROKE, their civil servants unpaid, social services in melt down to the extent they are negotiating with US for AID! Even isreal wants to guarantee PLA a loan of 1 billion dollars!

So the west loves palestinians more than iran or the arab world? Surely action speaks louder than words! You are very good at defending the indefensible when it comes to iran.

You like using big and diverse terms like 'arabs','muslims',etc.suit yourself but there are exceptions in all things.

Familiarize yourself with the Hamas charter. It wants to establish a arab muslims country of palestine. Does that not confirm them Muslims and arab? Don't they have afirnity with other Arab and Muslim countries? Who am I to tag them differently from what they call themselves? What? are you not proud of them being majorly muslims and arabs again?

The Charter of Allah: The Platform of the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas)

Article One: The Ideological Aspects
The Islamic Resistance Movement draws its guidelines from Islam; derives from it its thinking, interpretations and views about existence, life and humanity; refers back to it for its conduct; and is inspired by it in whatever step it takes.

Article Six: Peculiarity and Independence
The Islamic Resistance Movement is a distinct Palestinian Movement which owes its loyalty to Allah, derives from Islam its way of life and strives to raise the banner of Allah over every inch of Palestine.

Article Eleven: The Strategy of Hamas: Palestine is an Islamic Waqf
The Islamic Resistance Movement believes that the land of Palestine has been an Islamic Waqf throughout the generations and until the Day of Resurrection, no one can renounce it or part of it, or abandon it or part of it.

Article Fourteen: The Three Circles
The problem of the liberation of Palestine relates to three circles: the Palestinian, the Arab and the Islamic.

www.thejerusalemfund.org/www.thejerusalemfund.org/carryover/documents/charter.html

Like I said earlier hamas would honestly wish the US stops its support to apatheid israel,and improve on its humanitarian assistance to give weapons.

Come oh, are you hamas? Or are you a mind reader? Lol so to IMPROVE HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE is to give WEAPONS! shocked shocked

I thought you just castigated the US earlier. Now you want "christian" USA (as you so often point out) to come to the aid of hamas by giving weapons? That's your idea of humanitarian assistance. No wonder the palestinian issue is so knotty. Chai I feel for poor palestinians.

You can keep making claims about who the 'comforter' is. you're bitter about what's in your bible and this thread is evidence for all to see how pitiful you're .

Me bitter? Buahahahaha!

U have short memory. It was muslims who keep making claims that prophet Muhammad is the comforter. We have never associated such either remotely or otherwise with prophet Muhammad AT ALL.

The Bible is clear. It has NO mention of your prophet or religion. It is you guys who CONSTANTLY imagine things in the Bible. So it's more logical for you guys to be bitter that your claims are DEBUNKED all the time! Any time I see your feeble attempt to conjure things and smuggle your ideas into the Bible and realise how easily the Bible itself clears things up, my faith is further cast in iron! cool

Keep on dreaming & trying.

An advice. Just stick to your beliefs and stop seeking validation from the Bible. It portrays you as desperate and insecure.

It reminds me of the story of a bully in primary school who often went along with his mates to the play ground for lunch. Instead of eating from his own lunch box for nourishment, he would constantly be fighting to dip his hands into his mates lunch boxes for morsels. Whether it's cos his mate's was sweeter or he wants to confirm the deliciousness or otherwise of mama's cooking, or its just an attitude problem was not stated. LagosShia, you guys should stick to your lunch box and get all the nourishment Allah prepared for you. If you want some of Yahweh's nourishment you have to throw away your lunch box and come to the kitchen for some spiritual meal serving.

The Koran should be able to justify itself, by itself and for itself. After all it says:

And We have revealed the Book to you which has clear explanation of everything, and a guidance, mercy and good news for those who submit." (Qur'an 16:89)

and

“Shall I then seek a Judge other than Allah? When it is He Who has revealed to you the Book fully detailed?” (Qur'an 6:114)

We Christians have never and will never seek validation from the Koran.

Ma salaam.
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by Sweetnecta: 11:48am On Sep 09, 2012
^^^ Ma salaam? What does it mean to you?
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by tiarabubu: 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2012
^^
"with peace" in Arabic.

I could try "les adieux" in French. Or "Auf wiedersehen" in German or "sat Sri akal" in Hindu. Take your pick

I hope you wouldn't start an epistle linking ma salaam with Islam. grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by LagosShia: 12:42pm On Sep 09, 2012
tiarabubu:

Open your eyes. The palestinians are struggling with 1 billion dollars deficit. Iran has 300 billion dollars GDP and 100 billion dollars in foreign reserve. Surely 1 billion is very affordable. No? Given their hatred of the Isrealies, surely they have the capacity to bail the palestinians even if it's just Hamas. WHY ARE THEY NOT? Hamas is BROKE, their civil servants unpaid, social services in melt down to the extent they are negotiating with US for AID! Even isreal wants to guarantee PLA a loan of 1 billion dollars!

So the west loves palestinians more than iran or the arab world? Surely action speaks louder than words! You are very good at defending the indefensible when it comes to iran.

Familiarize yourself with the Hamas charter. It wants to establish a arab muslims country of palestine. Does that not confirm them Muslims and arab? Don't they have afirnity with other Arab and Muslim countries? Who am I to tag them differently from what they call themselves? What? are you not proud of them being majorly muslims and arabs again?

The Charter of Allah: The Platform of the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas)

Article One: The Ideological Aspects
The Islamic Resistance Movement draws its guidelines from Islam; derives from it its thinking, interpretations and views about existence, life and humanity; refers back to it for its conduct; and is inspired by it in whatever step it takes.

Article Six: Peculiarity and Independence
The Islamic Resistance Movement is a distinct Palestinian Movement which owes its loyalty to Allah, derives from Islam its way of life and strives to raise the banner of Allah over every inch of Palestine.

Article Eleven: The Strategy of Hamas: Palestine is an Islamic Waqf
The Islamic Resistance Movement believes that the land of Palestine has been an Islamic Waqf throughout the generations and until the Day of Resurrection, no one can renounce it or part of it, or abandon it or part of it.

Article Fourteen: The Three Circles
The problem of the liberation of Palestine relates to three circles: the Palestinian, the Arab and the Islamic.

www.thejerusalemfund.org/www.thejerusalemfund.org/carryover/documents/charter.html

Come oh, are you hamas? Or are you a mind reader? Lol so to IMPROVE HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE is to give WEAPONS! shocked shocked

I thought you just castigated the US earlier. Now you want "christian" USA (as you so often point out) to come to the aid of hamas by giving weapons? That's your idea of humanitarian assistance. No wonder the palestinian issue is so knotty. Chai I feel for poor palestinians.

Me bitter? Buahahahaha!

U have short memory. It was muslims who keep making claims that prophet Muhammad is the comforter. We have never associated such either remotely or otherwise with prophet Muhammad AT ALL.

The Bible is clear. It has NO mention of your prophet or religion. It is you guys who CONSTANTLY imagine things in the Bible. So it's more logical for you guys to be bitter that your claims are DEBUNKED all the time! Any time I see your feeble attempt to conjure things and smuggle your ideas into the Bible and realise how easily the Bible itself clears things up, my faith is further cast in iron! cool

Keep on dreaming & trying.

An advice. Just stick to your beliefs and stop seeking validation from the Bible. It portrays you as desperate and insecure.

It reminds me of the story of a bully in primary school who often went along with his mates to the play ground for lunch. Instead of eating from his own lunch box for nourishment, he would constantly be fighting to dip his hands into his mates lunch boxes for morsels. Whether it's cos his mate's was sweeter or he wants to confirm the deliciousness or otherwise of mama's cooking, or its just an attitude problem was not stated. LagosShia, you guys should stick to your lunch box and get all the nourishment Allah prepared for you. If you want some of Yahweh's nourishment you have to throw away your lunch box and come to the kitchen for some spiritual meal serving.

The Koran should be able to justify itself, by itself and for itself. After all it says:

And We have revealed the Book to you which has clear explanation of everything, and a guidance, mercy and good news for those who submit." (Qur'an 16:89)

and

“Shall I then seek a Judge other than Allah? When it is He Who has revealed to you the Book fully detailed?” (Qur'an 6:114)

We Christians have never and will never seek validation from the Koran.

Ma salaam.

Your long senseless post only shows how restless you're over this thread.when you reject the truth that is how you'd keep barking.

Too bad! You must go check your blood pressure after typing that much nonsense,wasted your time,shout-typing to use one country against another to validate your faith.

Be like Jesus (as) and accept Islam or you die panting.

I honestly would not waste my time to reply every ignorant point you made there.I'm not obliged to educate an unwilling student.as for the topic of the thread,it has being established the 'comforter' cannot be your 'holy spirit' and proven beyond the shadow of a doubt it is the holy Prophet (sa).that should continue to give you sleepless nights and more nightmares.looking forward to your next epistle in reply.have fun! grin

Holy Quran 7:176
"And if We had willed, we could have elevated him thereby, but he adhered [instead] to the earth and followed his own desire. So his example is like that of the dog: if you chase him, he pants, or if you leave him, he [still] pants. That is the example of the people who denied Our signs. So relate the stories that perhaps they will give thought."
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by LagosShia: 12:50pm On Sep 09, 2012
tiarabubu: ^^
"with peace" in Arabic.

I could try "les adieux" in French. Or "Auf wiedersehen" in German or "sat Sri akal" in Hindu. Take your pick

I hope you wouldn't start an epistle linking ma salaam with Islam. grin

"And peace is upon those who follow the Guidance" (20:47;27:59)
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by tiarabubu: 3:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
LagosShia:

Your long senseless post only shows how restless you're over this thread.when you reject the truth that is how you'd keep barking.

Too bad! You must go check your blood pressure after typing that much nonsense,wasted your time,shout-typing to use one country against another to validate your faith.

Be like Jesus (as) and accept Islam or you die panting.

I honestly would not waste my time to reply every ignorant point you made there.I'm not obliged to educate an unwilling student.as for the topic of the thread,it has being established the 'comforter' cannot be your 'holy spirit' and proven beyond the shadow of a doubt it is the holy Prophet (sa).that should continue to give you sleepless nights and more nightmares.looking forward to your next epistle in reply.have fun! grin

Holy Quran 7:176
"And if We had willed, we could have elevated him thereby, but he adhered [instead] to the earth and followed his own desire. So his example is like that of the dog: if you chase him, he pants, or if you leave him, he [still] pants. That is the example of the people who denied Our signs. So relate the stories that perhaps they will give thought."

Lamentation of LagosShia.

You sound frustrated grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by tiarabubu: 4:01pm On Sep 09, 2012
LagosShia:

"And peace is upon those who follow the Guidance" (20:47;27:59)

www.nowlebanon.com/NewsArticleDetails.aspx?ID=434366&MID=149&PID=2

www.geo.tv/GeoDetail.aspx?ID=66520

m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/news/wave-blasts-kill-19-iraq-scores-wounded-063707988.html?orig_host_hdr=news.yahoo.com&.intl=US&.lang=en-US

Etc etc etc
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by LagosShia: 5:47pm On Sep 09, 2012
tiarabubu:

Lamentation of LagosShia.

You sound frustrated grin grin grin grin

Not yet 'speaking in tongues'.till then.
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by LagosShia: 5:49pm On Sep 09, 2012
tiarabubu:

www.nowlebanon.com/NewsArticleDetails.aspx?ID=434366&MID=149&PID=2

www.geo.tv/GeoDetail.aspx?ID=66520

m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/news/wave-blasts-kill-19-iraq-scores-wounded-063707988.html?orig_host_hdr=news.yahoo.com&.intl=US&.lang=en-US

Etc etc etc

Alqaeda is now representative of your own 'islam',abi?
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by bukatyne(f): 9:02pm On Sep 18, 2012
Abisafree:

if jesus is god nd that he came in human flesh nd that he die 4 the sin of the world WHY christain er praying 4 forgiveness of sins day nd night after the death of jesus
it's by the reason of the blood of Jesus shed on the Cross of Calvary that we are forgiven. we are washed clean (sinless) wit d blood. as to ur question, there is no automatic forgiveness i.e. when we sin, we are dirty so we plead to God to forgive us (wash us clean) by the blood of Jesus. however, as christians, we are called to strive for perfection as our heavenly Father is perfect. this means we try by God's grace to resist sin and when we fall, we ask for forgiveness. it's wrong to sin willfully and then ask for forgiveness. it's like knowingly stepping on a person and apologizin after.
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by bukatyne(f): 9:08pm On Sep 18, 2012
@tiarabubu: thanks and welldone for holding the fort. @ all, sorry i've been away. my sis got wedded on d 8th so i've soo busy.

i've not gotten a reply to my question yet. to all d muslims in the house, do christians and muslims serve the same God
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by maclatunji: 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2012
bukatyne: @tiarabubu: thanks and welldone for holding the fort. @ all, sorry i've been away. my sis got wedded on d 8th so i've soo busy.

i've not gotten a reply to my question yet. to all d muslims in the house, do christians and muslims serve the same God

Congratulations to your family especially your sister. I wish her a blissful married life. Your question is irrelevant (sorry), you should be asking instead: Who is God?
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by LagosShia: 10:32am On Sep 19, 2012
bukatyne: @tiarabubu: thanks and welldone for holding the fort. @ all, sorry i've been away. my sis got wedded on d 8th so i've soo busy.

We undoubtedly have or know the same God who Jesus and Moses (as) in the bible both stated that "the Lord our God is One Lord".however,muslims and christians do not serve/worship the same God because christians have added "appendages" to God Almighty Creator and they worship beside or alongside God those appendages (Jesus and their "holy spirit" ) as well.in the bible too we read in several places that we should take no god beside God.

So definitely the answer is we do not worship the same God.had we being worshipping the same God you'd definitely have seen muslims trooping into churches on sundays to worship with christians.but ofcourse that have never being the case.
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by bukatyne(f): 12:31pm On Sep 19, 2012
LagosShia:

We undoubtedly have or know the same God who Jesus and Moses (as) in the bible both stated that "the Lord our God is One Lord".however,muslims and christians do not serve/worship the same God because christians have added "appendages" to God Almighty Creator and they worship beside or alongside God those appendages (Jesus and their "holy spirit" ) as well.in the bible too we read in several places that we should take no god beside God.

So definitely the answer is we do not worship the same God.had we being worshipping the same God you'd definitely have seen muslims trooping into churches on sundays to worship with christians.but ofcourse that have never being the case.
thanks for ur reply. if we don't serve the same God, why do u now think that the Comforter a God you don't worship promised is ur prophet?
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by bukatyne(f): 12:34pm On Sep 19, 2012
maclatunji:

Congratulations to your family especially your sister. I wish her a blissful married life. Your question is irrelevant (sorry), you should be asking instead: Who is God?
thanks! my question is relevant. okay, let me ask another one: do muslims and sango worshippers worship the same God?
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by LagosShia: 1:42pm On Sep 19, 2012
bukatyne: thanks for ur reply. if we don't serve the same God, why do u now think that the Comforter a God you don't worship promised is ur prophet?

Because we believe in Jesus (as) as our prophet and we believe the God of Jesus and Moses (as) and we worship their God.
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by bukatyne(f): 9:57pm On Sep 19, 2012
LagosShia:

Because we believe in Jesus (as) as our prophet and we believe the God of Jesus and Moses (as) and we worship their God.
u believe that Jesus Christ is your prophet? are u 100% sure? ok then, do u believe that Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life? that NO ONE can come to the Father (God) except through Jesus? John 14:6. it's in the same chapter where He promised the Comforter.
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by LagosShia: 10:22pm On Sep 19, 2012
bukatyne: u believe that Jesus Christ is your prophet? are u 100% sure? ok then, do u believe that Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life? that NO ONE can come to the Father (God) except through Jesus? John 14:6. it's in the same chapter where He promised the Comforter.

Yes I do.and because I do that is why I also believe the "comforter" Jesus (as) promised to "show us all truth" is in the same capacity as the "other comforter" which is Jesus (as) himself to lead us to "the father" and is also the wat,the truth and life.
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by maclatunji: 6:13am On Sep 20, 2012
bukatyne: thanks! my question is relevant. okay, let me ask another one: do muslims and sango worshippers worship the same God?

LOL, Sango worshippers don't say Sango is God. They believe that he is one of several "gods" that people must go through to reach Eledumare (God).

_There's only one God we all seek to worship. However, many have lost their way and end-up worshipping other things,like Christians worshipping Jesus and others worshipping Sango.

Bukatyne, your problem is that you have never allowed yourself to think of God outside the paradigm of Christianity and you're trapped in one-dimensional reasoning.
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by bukatyne(f): 9:00pm On Sep 20, 2012
LagosShia:

Yes I do.and because I do that is why I also believe the "comforter" Jesus (as) promised to "show us all truth" is in the same capacity as the "other comforter" which is Jesus (as) himself to lead us to "the father" and is also the wat,the truth and life.
is Allah your father? does islam have the concept of fatherhood?
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by bukatyne(f): 9:02pm On Sep 20, 2012
maclatunji:

LOL, Sango worshippers don't say Sango is God. They believe that he is one of several "gods" that people must go through to reach Eledumare (God).

_There's only one God we all seek to worship. However, many have lost their way and end-up worshipping other things,like Christians worshipping Jesus and others worshipping Sango.

Bukatyne, your problem is that you have never allowed yourself to think of God outside the paradigm of Christianity and you're trapped in one-dimensional reasoning.
lol @ been trapped in one-dimensional reasoning! i wonder why u can't answer a yes or no
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by LagosShia: 9:15pm On Sep 20, 2012
bukatyne: is Allah your father? does islam have the concept of fatherhood?

There is no harm if you refer to God as "your father" in the figurative sense.however christian take that term to be literal.before Jesus (as),God had many "sons" in the figurative sense.even in the book of romans,we are told that "all those led by the spirit of God are sons of God".

Sheikh Ahmad Deedat made an interesting observation.according to him the reason among God's beautiful names mentioned in the holy Quran "father" is not among have to do with the christian claim and literal meaning they use for the word when refering to Jesus (as).when you say someone is the "begotten son of God","begotten" means "not made";and God made us all.

So figuratively no problem but literally,we don't accept that.
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by bukatyne(f): 8:57pm On Sep 25, 2012
LagosShia:

There is no harm if you refer to God as "your father" in the figurative sense.however christian take that term to be literal.before Jesus (as),God had many "sons" in the figurative sense.even in the book of romans,we are told that "all those led by the spirit of God are sons of God".

Sheikh Ahmad Deedat made an interesting observation.according to him the reason among God's beautiful names mentioned in the holy Quran "father" is not among have to do with the christian claim and literal meaning they use for the word when refering to Jesus (as).when you say someone is the "begotten son of God","begotten" means "not made";and God made us all.

So figuratively no problem but literally,we don't accept that.
ok. however, It's literal that God's our Father. we are His adopted children through Jesus Christ. there re several relationship level wit God. we have the Creator - creation, God - people/servant, Friend - friend, Father - child, Father - son, Husband - wife etc He's many things to us.
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by Cityguy: 5:40pm On Sep 29, 2012
maclatunji:

Think deeply, Jesus (AS) was never married for example. What lessons can you learn from him in terms of marriage or being a father? It is silly to think that God would send Prophets to the earth and would not seek to give proper guidance in terms of the basic social unit of human existence which is the family.

We Musims love Jesus (AS) but understand that his mission was limited. Hence, there had to be someone who would come after him to complete God's divine message for man that had been revealed bit-by-bit from the time of Adam (AS). That person is Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and like you said, Jesus (AS) did tell of his coming.

If you just think without the bias of all you have been trained with, you will understand that this makes more sense than claiming that Jesus was talking of the "Holy Spirit". The concept of the Holy Spirit is even more laughable than that of God having "a son." Think about these points deeply.
Isn't this nt just dumb!
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by LagosShia: 10:59pm On Sep 29, 2012
bukatyne: ok. however, It's literal that God's our Father. we are His adopted children through Jesus Christ. there re several relationship level wit God. we have the Creator - creation, God - people/servant, Friend - friend, Father - child, Father - son, Husband - wife etc He's many things to us.

If God is "literally" your "father",then who's your mother and who's her husband literally and how many fathers do you have literally? I hope you know what someone with more than one literal father is called.when you say someone is "literally" your father,you're claiming him to be your biological father.I hope you understand the implications of the words you utter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

They Wont Stop Opposing A Sunnah (mut'ah) But Prefer A Bid'ah (misyar) / Death In Islam And Proper Burial Techniques| Part 1 / Ruling On Watching Films

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.