Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce (10799 Views)

Is It OK For Newly Wedded Couple To Do This? / Divorced Almost 50 Years Ago, 85-year-old Couple To Remarry / LOVE: 85-year-old Couple Remarry After 48 Years Of Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by olabiz2010: 8:29am On Aug 06, 2012
Lena Henderson and Roland Davis got married as teenagers in Chattanooga, Tenn., during World War II. On Saturday, the 85-year-olds are getting re-hitched in Buffalo, nearly 50 years after they divorced, according to Cupid's news cherubs.

"I always thought it might happen," Davis, a military vet whose second wife died in January, told the Buffalo News. "It was always in the back of my mind. We're just thankful that we could get back together."

"I think we just kept thinking about each other all the time, even though we were so far apart," said Henderson, a widow after her second marriage.

After divorcing in 1964 -- nobody is saying why -- they kept in touch, even as Davis moved around the world. His new wife even used to call Henderson for advice. They last saw each other in 1996 at a family funeral.

"The way they would act to each other never indicated there was anything but a friendship between them," their youngest daughter, Renita Chadwick, told the Buffalo paper. "My mother never had a harsh or contrary word to say about my dad, and my dad never had anything but loving remarks to make about my mother."

"Every person I share this story with smiles, cries or laughs," Chadwick said.

Davis proposed over the phone at Easter. He arrived in suburban West Seneca from Colorado Springs with an engagement ring "pinned to my T-shirt" so he wouldn't lose it.

With four generations of family watching, including the four children they had while married, the forever lovers will re-tie the knot at a church, which they didn't do as teens.

A reception will follow, but, once again, no honeymoon trip.

"I'm just happy that we're here," said Davis.

"You don't think people are going to get married at this age," he added. ""We're just thankful we've lived this long and that we're still here. We have a lot to be thankful for."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2012/07/divorced-50-years-ago-85-year-old-couple-to-remarry/1#.UB_KlaAXLeg

This is great..but wait ohh,what will happen after the marraige? I mean about fika-faka ..lol grin grin

1 Like

Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by olabiz2010: 8:31am On Aug 06, 2012
Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 06, 2012
Awww.
Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by Libkid(m): 3:12pm On Aug 06, 2012
Dats wat i call real love.
Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by ebamma(m): 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2012
love is wicked

1 Like

Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by stevade(f): 3:15pm On Aug 06, 2012
happy reunion
Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by omicron(m): 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2012
'Love' comes and goes.......real friendship never truly fades! Lovers must also become real friends.

1 Like

Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by upnaijaDRN: 3:28pm On Aug 06, 2012
Love is wicked thats all I can say
Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by megawax8: 3:34pm On Aug 06, 2012
love is blind grin grin grin
Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by Okijajuju1(m): 3:37pm On Aug 06, 2012
Awww!!

How useless...

His Dickoder is not working anymore and her Kondo is prolly filled with Cobwebs by now.. Whats the point.. They should both be considering the size and make of their caskets by now instead of marriage..
Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:41pm On Aug 06, 2012
This people's love has gone senile, their love is crazy but it's beautiful.
I wan know weda dem fit nyansh!
Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by fittty(m): 3:44pm On Aug 06, 2012
Love is old shocked
Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by freecocoa(f): 3:51pm On Aug 06, 2012
Could this be love?
Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 06, 2012
Awww that's so cute,but I still bought fuel at N97/ltr na

2 Likes

Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by ebamma(m): 4:08pm On Aug 06, 2012
freecocoa: Could this be love?
yes she is
Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by joskin: 4:10pm On Aug 06, 2012
ebamma: love is wicked

likewise, you are wicked
Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by mrperfect(m): 4:12pm On Aug 06, 2012
This is really unique one.

1 Like

Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by tessyade: 4:26pm On Aug 06, 2012
This is serious.
Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by megawax8: 4:34pm On Aug 06, 2012
ebamma: yes she is
laffin in an unknown language grin grin grin grin
Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by impetus: 4:39pm On Aug 06, 2012
I'm yet to understand these old people, looks like they are confuse or were confused. According to the news, they were still friends and even communicated after their divorce, their daughter disclosed that they speak good of each other. Then my question is; why did they divorce? since from all indication, they love themselves and have good thought about each other, that is if they are not confused or they don't know what they want. Hope they are not going to divorce again with the hope of remarrying again.
Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by richdata: 4:46pm On Aug 06, 2012
god bless dem in all dey do abeg............... e no easy grin angry
Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by pomporiking: 4:52pm On Aug 06, 2012
Hahahahaha...rubbish..who 4 don mari dem b4..
Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2012
E no go better for love! undecided
Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by folaked(f): 5:14pm On Aug 06, 2012
pompori king: Hahahahaha...rubbish..who 4 don mari dem b4..
which kain love b dat sef?, d truth is dat they both av spiritual problems,d devil has succeded in doing them apart 4 50 good yrs!!, they'v missed 50yrs of marriage and a good romance,so wats d joy there? Wen they ar both tired,planning 2 sleep 4eva so they stil talk abt proposals and wedding?. They ar crazy! ITS 4RM THEIR VILLAGE! SHIKENA! KOSORO!
Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by iyaayi(f): 5:51pm On Aug 06, 2012
I thank God for them. They would end their lives fulfilled in bliss. My husband divorced me shortly after our marriage in d '80s and we remarried 15 years later with both of us being abt 40 years of age. His most singular gratitude to God was dt we were able to accomplish d reunion while stil being sexually active! Everyone who knew abt d reunion was really happy for us. We hva boy and a girl who have abt 16 years gap in between them!

2 Likes

Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by honeric01(m): 5:51pm On Aug 06, 2012
Why were they divorced in the first place?
Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by Idowuogbo(f): 6:16pm On Aug 06, 2012
iya ayi: I thank God for them. They would end their lives fulfilled in bliss. My husband divorced me shortly after our marriage in d '80s and we remarried 15 years later with both of us being abt 40 years of age. His most singular gratitude to God was dt we were able to accomplish d reunion while stil being sexually active! Everyone who knew abt d reunion was really happy for us. We hva boy and a girl who have abt 16 years gap in between them!
Wowwww!!!! shocked shocked
Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by Oshiite: 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2012
Now wey the man teeth don comot finish nahim e wan come.if i were the babe i no gree lai lai
Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by bamac(m): 6:34pm On Aug 06, 2012
megawax8: laffin in an unknown language grin grin grin grin
i guez u r laughing in tongues...
Re: 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce by bamac(m): 6:37pm On Aug 06, 2012
impetus: I'm yet to understand these old people, looks like they are confuse or were confused. According to the news, they were still friends and even communicated after their divorce, their daughter disclosed that they speak good of each other. Then my question is; why did they divorce? since from all indication, they love themselves and have good thought about each other, that is if they are not confused or they don't know what they want. Hope they are not going to divorce again with the hope of remarrying again.
dnt wory if they divorce again am sure they wl re-unite in eitha heaven or hell fire in 50yrs time...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Allowed A Good Man To Slip Away From My Grasp. *in Tears* / I Was Searching For How To Enlarge Picture On Google What I Saw Shocked Me (pic) / Which African Country Has Most Handsome And Smart MEN?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.