Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,075 members, 7,821,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem (77792 Views)

Troops Recovers Large Cache Of Arms And Ammunitions At Gursum (photos) / Dasuki Releases Breakdown Of Arms Purchases, Says “nigerians Will Hear A Lot” / Every State Get Dem Own Flag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 1:44am On Aug 08, 2012
O_D_B:
it's not magga. is there an English prime minister or a British PM?

English pounds is different from the Scottish pounds..

The laws are also somewhat different..

Apart from the olympics, they also compete as separate nations, dumbo..

Do you even know Scotland has a different parliament, apart from the one in Westminster?
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by ODB2: 1:51am On Aug 08, 2012
The parliament thing and currency stuff is recent. The Scots still pledge allegiance to the English Crown which happens to be the Head Of State of GB.

Is Scotland listed as a member nation in the UN?

Go back to your minimum wage job
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 2:03am On Aug 08, 2012
O_D_B: The parliament thing and currency stuff is recent. The Scots still pledge allegiance to the English Crown which happens to be the Head Of State of GB.

Is Scotland listed as a member nation in the UN?

Go back to your minimum wage job

You're a wack job, stick to posting e.rotic pictures - and stop arguing what you know little, or nothing about...

They're all countries within a country...

The Scots are going to have a referendum in the next couple of years, for full independence, and there's nothing Westminster can do to stop them..
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by ODB2: 2:07am On Aug 08, 2012
shymmex:

You're a wack job, stick to posting e.rotic pictures - and stop arguing what you know little, or nothing about...

They're all countries within a country...

The Scots are going to have a referendum in the next couple of years, for full independence, and there's nothing Westminster can do to stop them..

Yes I guess living in damp squalid filth in between hustling minimum wage and looking on how to grab a bestowed citizenship makes my life a whole lot worse than yours.
It's called autonomy and not a full fledged state.

Answer me this; Do the Scotts carry separate passports?
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 2:17am On Aug 08, 2012
And a state police too !

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 2:21am On Aug 08, 2012
O_D_B:
Yes I guess living in damp squalid filth in between hustling minimum wage and looking on how to grab a bestowed citizenship makes my life a whole lot worse than yours.
It's called autonomy and not a full fledged state.

Answer me this; Do the Scotts carry separate passports?

Faggit, fvck off, cu.nt faced cum bucket...

You think I've got time to argue back and forth with a riff raff, who knows nothing better than posting erotic pictures, plonker??

And why do you think there are English artists, journalists, footballers, sportsmen/sportswomen etc...?

I don't want to get too personal by using myself as an illustration - google is your friend, pillock..
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by ODB2: 2:27am On Aug 08, 2012
shymmex:

And why do you think there are English artists, journalists, footballers, sportsmen/sportswomen etc...?

just like we have Ibo, Yoruba and Hausa journalists, footballers, etc.

Being English in GB is a tribal categorization and not a nationality, tongue.

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 2:39am On Aug 08, 2012
O_D_B:

just like we have Ibo, Yoruba and Hausa journalists, footballers, etc.

Being English in GB is a tribal categorization and not a nationality, tongue.

Tribal?? Bwahahahahaha

Check my profile next time before arguing ignorantly, dumbo..

I'm done with you! undecided
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by ODB2: 2:40am On Aug 08, 2012
shymmex:

Check my profile next time before arguing ignorantly, dumbo..

undecided

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by foyeks2001(f): 3:11am On Aug 08, 2012
If this is true...then we are getting there
Oodua Republic-mainly Lagos,Ogun,Oyo,Osun,Ekiti and Ondo States...No Kwara nor Kogi, even Edo...
Federal Capital Territory wld b in Osun...
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by ODB2: 3:13am On Aug 08, 2012
foyeks2001: If this is true...then we are getting there
Oodua Republic-mainly Lagos,Ogun,Oyo,Osun,Ekiti and Ondo States...No Kwara nor Kogi, even Edo...

abeg fast fast no think am, go form your country
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by foyeks2001(f): 3:24am On Aug 08, 2012
O_D_B:

abeg fast fast no think am, go form your country

Yes o...don't think it abt giving just anyhow peeps our Visas...
*Dancing azonto on his head*
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 3:53am On Aug 08, 2012
Even Lagos Island Local Government has its own Coat of Arms. I once posted the flags of all the regions of Nigeria. I shall do so again on this thread.
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by dasparrow: 3:57am On Aug 08, 2012
foyeks2001: If this is true...then we are getting there

@Bolded

That will not happen because Abuja is actually part of the north. The natives of Abuja are the GWARI people so I don't know how Abuja will fit into oodua republic. The hausa and fulani people will not sit and watch that happen. Besides, Nigerians from all ethnic groups own land and properties in Abuja. What happens to them?
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 4:02am On Aug 08, 2012
These are the Flags of Northern Region (1960-1966), Eastern Region (1960-1966), Western Region (1960-1966), Mid-Western Region (1964-1966), Lagos (1960-Present), Hausa/Northern Republic Flag of 1966 and Republic of Biafra's flag (1967-1970).

Below is the flag of the Eastern Region.

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 4:04am On Aug 08, 2012
Below is the flag of the Western Region.

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 4:05am On Aug 08, 2012
Below is the flag of the Northern Region.

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 4:06am On Aug 08, 2012
Below is the flag of the Mid-Western Region.

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 4:07am On Aug 08, 2012
Below is the flag of Lagos (post 1960)

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 4:08am On Aug 08, 2012
Below is the flag of Lagos (pre 1960)

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by foyeks2001(f): 4:09am On Aug 08, 2012
dasparrow:

@Bolded

That will not happen because Abuja is actually part of the north. The natives of Abuja are the GWARI people so I don't know how Abuja will fit into oodua republic. The hausa and fulani people will not sit and watch that happen. Besides, Nigerians from all ethnic groups own land and properties in Abuja. What happens to them?

I said Osun State Sir...Yorubas don't fight 4 what's not theirs...

@Naptu...thanks 4 dat info...those flags
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 4:10am On Aug 08, 2012
Below is the Northern/Hausa Republic flag, during the call for "Araba" (separation) in 1966.

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 4:11am On Aug 08, 2012
Note: each region had its own constitution (see 1960 & 1963 federal constitutions).
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by foyeks2001(f): 4:12am On Aug 08, 2012
@Naptu
Mehn I love d one of Lagos...I bet it that's what Oodua Republic gonna use...so beautiful
Hmmmmmm
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 4:23am On Aug 08, 2012
Thanks @ foyeks2001

Below is the flag of the Republic of Biafra (1967-1970). You can see that the "rising sun" theme is adapted from the flag of the Eastern Region.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by HiiiPower(m): 4:23am On Aug 08, 2012
foyeks2001: @Naptu
Mehn I love d one of Lagos...I bet it that's what Oodua Republic gonna use...so beautiful
Hmmmmmm

U love colonial flag?
dumb girl smh.
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 4:25am On Aug 08, 2012
naptu2: Below is the flag of the Mid-Western Region.
naptu2: Below is the flag of the Northern Region.
naptu2: Below is the flag of the Western Region.

Same ol boring flag with different crest.
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by foyeks2001(f): 4:32am On Aug 08, 2012
HiiiPower:

U love colonial flag?
dumb girl smh.

This got me thinking of those days...nofin sweet pass during d pre 1960...OMG, when mummy was a girl...u got me thinking my son...
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 4:44am On Aug 08, 2012
You can clearly see that the coat of arms of the State of Osun was adapted from the coat of arms of the Western Region.

Below is the coat of arms and flag of the State of Osun.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 4:50am On Aug 08, 2012
[size=14pt]Constitution of the Federation of Nigeria[/size] (1960).

5. ---(1) Subject to the provisions of this Constitution and the
Nigeria Independence Act, 1960, the constitution of each Region
shall have the force of law throughout that Region and if any other
law is inconsistent with that constitution, the provisions of that
constitution shall prevail and the other law shall, to the extent of
the inconsistency, be void.

(2) Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, the constitution
of a Region may be altered only by a law enacted by the legislature
of that Region.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Presius(m): 5:04am On Aug 08, 2012
O_D_B: A state flag is different from a National flag dimwits.

All states that make the U.S. have their own flag and crest.

It's similar to Lagos crest and motto.

Even Great Britain which is comprised of several individual Nations (England, Wales, Scotland and N.Ireland) all have their own emblems and flags

Texas Flag
so who are you,, or what are you to call others dimwits?*
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by ODB2: 5:05am On Aug 08, 2012
Presius: so who are you,, or what are you to call others dimwits?*

that muthaphucker

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Captain Abdulkarim Bala Na'Allah Assassinated By Gunmen (Pictures) / Owerri Prison Break In Pictures / Designer Emeka Opara Measures Tinubu's Dress Size (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.