Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,472 members, 7,819,719 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem (77781 Views)

Troops Recovers Large Cache Of Arms And Ammunitions At Gursum (photos) / Dasuki Releases Breakdown Of Arms Purchases, Says “nigerians Will Hear A Lot” / Every State Get Dem Own Flag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by ODB2: 7:41am On Aug 08, 2012
thank God the sensible ones are now posting.
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 7:41am On Aug 08, 2012
Rivers State.

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 7:44am On Aug 08, 2012
Kaduna State (1967-1970)

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 7:45am On Aug 08, 2012
Kano State (1967-1970)

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 7:46am On Aug 08, 2012
East-Central State (1967-1970).

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 7:48am On Aug 08, 2012
North-Western State (1967-1970).

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 7:50am On Aug 08, 2012
Kwara State (1967-1970).

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 08, 2012
Atleast kwara did sth different by place two different animals on its crest. undecided
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 7:52am On Aug 08, 2012
Benue-Plateau State.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 7:57am On Aug 08, 2012
North-Eastern State (1967-1970).

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by revolt(m): 8:07am On Aug 08, 2012
What hapnd to the good olddays when Nairaland activated political analytical awareneSs not shallow threads and sentimental vituperations eery wheree!!
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 8:11am On Aug 08, 2012
ilugunboy:

You are probably benefitting from the present cesspit. What is there to be proud of about this dung hole ? Just tell me one thing. For this country to make meaning, it's either we go back to the 1960 constitution or we sit to fashion out a whole new rules of engagement.

It appears to me that we are slowly moving back to the kind of constitutional arrangement we had in the early 1960s, ie, greater autonomy for the federating units (however, the pace might be too slow).

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Lordave: 8:40am On Aug 08, 2012
Wetin de worry dis Hausa people, which kind hausa arab flag be dat one na?
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 08, 2012
shymmex:

England is a country, dumbo.. grin

England is a country?? shocked shocked shocked, is have said it this guy called shymmex work in the tube and know nothing, the only thing that separate them is football. The country is called United Kingdom of Great Britain, England is not a country
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Demdem(m): 8:50am On Aug 08, 2012
alaoeri: People that are criticising Aregbesola when he initiated this idea what 'll they say now?

nattin, they have no choice but to cover their faces. shameless iidiots.
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 08, 2012
shymmex:

You're a wack job, stick to posting e.rotic pictures - and stop arguing what you know little, or nothing about...

They're all countries within a country...

The Scots are going to have a referendum in the next couple of years, for full independence, and there's nothing Westminster can do to stop them..

Until this happens , no body including UN will recognize them as a country
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 8:58am On Aug 08, 2012
We went back to the past (1960-1967), came to the present and, to round off, we are going further into the past and then back to the present again.

1) Flag of The Protectorate of Southern Nigeria (1900-1914).

2) Flag of The Protectorate of Northern Nigeria (1900-1914)

3) Flag of The Colony and Protectorate of Nigeria (1914-1960)

4) Flag of The Federation of Nigeria (1960-1963) & The Federal Republic of Nigeria (1963-Present)

5) Coat of Arms of Nigeria

Below: Flag of The Protectorate of Southern Nigeria (1900-1914).

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by fortyfeet(m): 8:58am On Aug 08, 2012
smile4kenn: Is this sign that Nigeria is about to Divide?

Its too late to divide people!

Let us join hands together and uphold this great country people

http://www.carsdey.com/
you and who? you must be kidding. something i've prayed for over 25 years. AZI GBAKWA GI. ETUTO TOKWA GI NA ONU AMU. IDIOTT.
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 08, 2012
CHESSBOARD:
England is a country?? shocked shocked shocked, is have said it this guy called shymmex work in the tube and know nothing, the only thing that separate them is football. The country is called United Kingdom of Great Britain, England is not a country

Why do you freshies always argue what you don't know nothing about? STFU! - and let me educate you..

[size=14pt]England i/ˈɪŋɡlənd/ is a country that is part of the United Kingdom.[/size][6][7][8] It shares land borders with Scotland to the north and Wales to the west; the Irish Sea is to the north west, the Celtic Sea to the south west, while the North Sea to the east and the English Channel to the south separate it from continental Europe. Most of England comprises the central and southern part of the island of Great Britain in the North Atlantic. The country also includes over 100 smaller islands such as the Isles of Scilly and the Isle of Wight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England

BRITAIN, the largest island in the archipelago just north of France; the island of [size=14pt]Britain contains three countries: ENGLAND, SCOTLAND, and WALES.[/size]

ENGLAND is one of the countries of Britain.

SCOTLAND is one of the countries of Britain.

WALES is one of the countries of Britain.

NORTHERN IRELAND is a jurisdiction having approximately the same status as England, Scotland, and Wales, but on a different island.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071202154957AAEWDAk
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by johnie: 8:59am On Aug 08, 2012
I don't see anything wrong with this if we are truly a federation.

I remember clearly that each state had its own distinct coat of arms when we had twelve states.

Lagos still maintains its coat of arms and flag.

The colours of the Lagos flag can be found on the LBIR logo. One of these pictures shows the flag of Lagos State beside that of the country.

Meanwhile, let's see the Bayelsa flag and coat of arms.

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by inene: 9:01am On Aug 08, 2012
This is not new. The state ruled by the Ogbeni, did so months back. States and even local councils can adopt flags and anthems, its just like the anthems of schools and colleges> it does not mean a declaration of independence and i am sure such state governments do not see themselves as Heads of government, forget the Okorocha gaffe in Ukrian where he spoke in Igbo in response to an address by the President of Ukrain. Okorocha's gaffe was due to ignorance and illiteracy. Flying a state flag and singing an anthem at state functions is not a statement of independence. When i hear that Ogoni has declared independence, i ask, HOW.
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 9:01am On Aug 08, 2012
Flag of The Protectorate of Northern Nigeria (1900-1914)

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:02am On Aug 08, 2012
NIGERIANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN FLAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 08, 2012
CHESSBOARD:
Until this happens , no body including UN will recognize them as a country

If you don't have anything intelligent to say to me, DON'T EVER QUOTE MY DAMN POSTS AGAIN!!! Just ignore me, and move over!!

And for the umpteenth time, I'm not in your league - and you'll NEVER be in my league..

Go get your pops the tube job, and stop following me everywhere, re.tard..

Fvcking freshie, go learn how to speak proper English before quoting me next time - and brush up your thick accent..

You guys are just annoying..
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 08, 2012
LarryTreash: In my hause every body is a republic of his own, we all hav Flag,Anthem,Coat of arm, even Militery. In my younger sis Army barracks GEJ is in cell.

Na waooo, bro spend more time in school and concentrate on English, NL is exposing u, shocked
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 9:03am On Aug 08, 2012
Flag of The Colony and Protectorate of Nigeria (1914-1960)

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 9:05am On Aug 08, 2012
Flag of The Federation of Nigeria (1960-1963) & The Federal Republic of Nigeria (1963-Present)

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 9:07am On Aug 08, 2012
Coat of Arms of The Federation of Nigeria (1960-1963) & The Federal Republic of Nigeria (1963-Present)

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by 1025: 9:08am On Aug 08, 2012
this union is not working. let us try DIVISION.
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Gozzzy(m): 9:41am On Aug 08, 2012
i smell seccession somewhere...but mek dem wait till after 2016 naa,abeg.....
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by stuhporh: 9:49am On Aug 08, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

England , wales, scotland and nothern ireland are different countries but not independent countries and isnt recognised as such. its gets confusing but som basic things should be considerd. EXAMPLE.
only UK embassies exists in every other countries of the world, you will find neither english embassy nor wales, not even scottish embassy. i hope i contributed right on that.

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by O_D_B: 5:28am
Rudebwoy:

Great Britain or United Kingdom? just asking.

are they not the same thing?no London

The dude asked a question, and by the way they are not same.
Great Britain is commonly but incorrectly, used as a synonym for the sovereign state properly known as the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland or the UK in short.
If you look at the full name of the UK, you will see that the UK includes Great Britain AND Northern Ireland. Great Britain is a political term which describes the union of England, Scotland, and Wales. Addition of the Norther ireland which remain the only part of Ireland that is independent makes
UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND
. Hope i answered your question?
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 08, 2012
shymmex:

If you don't have anything intelligent to say to me, DON'T EVER QUOTE MY DAMN POSTS AGAIN!!! Just ignore me, and move over!!

And for the umpteenth time, I'm not in your league - and you'll NEVER be in my league..

Go get your pops the tube job, and stop following me everywhere, re.tard..

Fvcking freshie, go learn how to speak proper English before quoting me next time - and brush up your thick accent..

You guys are just annoying..

Hahahaha, U mess urself up here and u r looking for a relief. Tube worker, there is a diff b/w a Nation and a country. A country inside another country is no recognized as country, get it into ur empty head, I know u run shift as a farmer in Wales. Now for the fact that my profile stated reg on 2012 does not mean am a freshie, if i give u my old moniker u know we took NL to where it is today. now I am not in ur league, hahahaha, u dont even want to know me cos i can employ u and pay u good cash u asylum seeker.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Accused Of Photoshopping This Picture / Designer Emeka Opara Measures Tinubu's Dress Size (photos) / Owerri Prison Break In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.