Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,506 members, 7,958,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:41 PM

EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case (7627 Views)

I Got N100m From PDP, Not Yuguda – Odili / Dasuki Implicates A Top Blogger In The Ongoing Corruption Case? / Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by Abagworo(m): 9:37pm On Aug 07, 2012
Abuja, Port Harcourt — A case of alleged multi-billion naira corruption against former Rivers State governor Peter Odili and some officials of his administration has been abandoned by the EFCC, Daily Trust's investigations have shown.

This is even as the "perpetual injunction" against arrest secured by Odili in March 2008 still subsists because the Appeal Court in Port Harcourt is yet to vacate it nearly four years after the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission filed an appeal.

EFCC began moves to swoop on Rivers state officials in late 2006 when it issued a report of investigation into the state's finances in which it said over N100 billion was diverted during Odili's two terms.

The report contained allegations of large-scale fraud, conspiracy, conversion of public funds, foreign exchange malpractice, money laundering, stealing and abuse of oath of office against the former governor.

To stave off impeding prosecution of officials, the then Rivers state attorney general went to court and got a perpetual injunction in March 2007 restraining EFCC from investigating the state government.

A year later, months after he had left office in May 2007, Odili himself went to court and asked to be made to benefit from the injunction and the court granted his prayers, making him perpetually immune from arrest, investigation or prosecution.

In October 2008, EFCC challenged the perpetual injunction at the Court of Appeal, but no judgement has yet been given nearly four years after, because of what a source close to the matter said was lack of diligent prosecution and official interference.

In the meantime, the commission had built a case against Odili and other officials, hoping to move in to file charges as soon as the injunction was lifted, sources familiar with matter said.

But about two years ago, the commission dropped further action against Odili, and retrieved the case file from the lawyer handling the matter, because of what a source said were "orders from above."

http://allafrica.com/stories/201208070256.html
Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On Aug 07, 2012
Abagworo: But about two years ago, the commission dropped further action against Odili, and retrieved the case file from the lawyer handling the matter, because of what a source said were "orders from above."

http://allafrica.com/stories/201208070256.html

WOW . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by Biggyd2: 10:31pm On Aug 07, 2012
Why am I not surprised?
Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by Kobojunkie: 11:04pm On Aug 07, 2012
This is disturbing news. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by SkyBlue1: 11:44pm On Aug 07, 2012
So freaking fed up of this crap. There has been NO progression made in anti corruption in this administration. Farouk, Fuel Subsidy, Pensions scam. This administration IS COMPLICIT. If true then this lies squarely on the head of Lamorde, and Jonathan is guilty by association. Because over a year later, he is still yet to shift away from the norm of corruption. Epic fail.
Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 08, 2012
But about two years ago, the commission dropped further action against Odili, and retrieved the case file from the lawyer handling the matter, because of what a source said were "orders from above."

http://allafrica.com/stories/201208070256.html[/quote]

shake my head shocked

1 Like

Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 08, 2012
That's why I laugh at the nitwits who sing and dance whenever a random Ibori is used as sacrificial lamb to appease the gods. The Anti-Corruption 'war' in Nigeria is all motion without movement. Sad, sad, commentary.
Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by brightmon: 9:47am On Aug 08, 2012
The only thing they are good at, what a shame.
Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by ebamma(m): 9:48am On Aug 08, 2012
naija i dey hail una
Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by exbash: 9:51am On Aug 08, 2012
Am "happy" for him!! This is 9ja for u....I cant wait for dem to drop that against Farouk....Odili Sori for the inconvenience

1 Like

Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by abbey37(m): 9:55am On Aug 08, 2012
I think a london court should take up this case cause every corruption charges droped against anyone in nigeria is always a diff case in london.
Ibori is a good example
Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by miteolu(m): 9:55am On Aug 08, 2012
Dropping cases is EFCC hobby
Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by scribble: 9:55am On Aug 08, 2012
Jonathan is a clown for this.

Amaechi is a friggin bast.ardo

Lamorde is a puppet!

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by Okijajuju1(m): 9:56am On Aug 08, 2012
Now I officially hate the JUDICIARY in this country...

A "PERPERTUAL INJUNCTION"... Like where in the Fhcuking world do you grant a "PERPETUAL INJUNCTION"?!!

Like honestly... Dont blame the government anymore.. The new criminals are the Judiciary.. If you can pay the judiciary off, you can rob Central bank and even put a Picture of you inside the vault on your Blackberry Messenger DP and walk away free of charge courtesy of a "PERPETUAL IMMUNITY"..

God save Nigeria..

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 08, 2012
All along,i thought Odili was clean...am surprised to hear his accused of all these corrupt acts...#justsaying
Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by Okijajuju1(m): 9:57am On Aug 08, 2012
abbey37: I think a london court should take up this case cause every corruption charges droped against anyone in nigeria is always a diff case in london.
Ibori is a good example

Odili was no fool, his monies never eft the shores of Nigeria...
Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by bigx(m): 9:57am On Aug 08, 2012
When you steal, steal big... "Small" crime doesn't pay. Moral of the story
Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by ANYPEN(m): 9:58am On Aug 08, 2012
100billion naira loot left off the hook just like that?

This is Boko haram
This is the potholes on our roads
This is lack of health facilities
This is lack of sporting facilities
This is lack of social amenities

This is why this country will never know good governance.

If we want good governance, this has to change. If this has to change, GEJ has to GO!!!
It is obvious we're not tackling our primary problem instead the problem is getting worse!!!
We need change!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by idirect(m): 10:02am On Aug 08, 2012
Na today undecided
Good Job by EFCC
And Congrat to Odili
Naija Judiciary I hail thee
Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by mufc009(m): 10:03am On Aug 08, 2012
Odili if dem born you well make U travel go UK

1 Like

Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by crackhouse(m): 10:05am On Aug 08, 2012
pro01: That's why I laugh at the nitwits who sing and dance whenever a random Ibori is used as sacrificial lamb to appease the gods. The Anti-Corruption 'war' in Nigeria is all motion without movement. Sad, sad, commentary.
u are right and i think it's because the international community is involve, so EFCC want to appear dedicated & serious, but don't be surprise to see Ibori been celebrated in Nigeria after he must have finish serving his jail terms in Uk. He will come back and probably go for a thanksgiving and by then u will see the dignitaries and other high placed politicians that will grace the occasion. We are watching.
Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by tempest01(m): 10:06am On Aug 08, 2012
First it was d subsidy suspects now this. Seems these people up there know that they can do these things without any reaction from we nigerians. Now the question is what can we do to stop this trend?
Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by mycito90: 10:09am On Aug 08, 2012
we need change my fellow naira landers shun centiment tribalism , napotism, religionism, partysm that is d only thing that can save us in this fuckin nation
Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by Demdem(m): 10:10am On Aug 08, 2012
Odili is the only Nigerian i know of that have a perpetual injuction from the court against arrest by any security outfit.
Odili is obviously above the law.
Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by hardywaltz(m): 10:10am On Aug 08, 2012
Peter 'Donatus' Odili the Billboard Golden Governor of his tym, I miss dat chap, sometimes I wonder y he wasn't made VP. He wouldn't have waited 4 SNG to protest he would have sent his evil squad to kill Yar'dua in Saudi and chased Turia out of Aso Rock..... Well Odili's arrest/prosecution will lead to so many politicians in Rivers State also going to jail eg Chibuike Ameachi, Sen. Magnus Abe, Abiye Sekibo, Tele Ikuru, Nyesom Wike, Dakuku Peterside etc not to mention Justice Mary Odili who is making sure her colleagues are in order. It will be in their interest dat Peter is left alone.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by Demdem(m): 10:11am On Aug 08, 2012
binger: All along,i thought Odili was clean...am surprised to hear his accused of all these corrupt acts...#justsaying

u have obviously been living in fool's paradise all these while concerning this issue. welkom to the light.
Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by Okijajuju1(m): 10:13am On Aug 08, 2012
hardywaltz: Peter 'Donatus' Odili the Billboard Golden Governor of his tym, I miss dat chap, sometimes I wonder y he wasn't made VP. He wouldn't have waited 4 SNG to protest he would have sent his evil squad to kill Yar'dua in Saudi and chased Turia out of Aso Rock..... Well Odili's arrest/prosecution will lead to so many politicians in Rivers State also going to jail eg Chibuike Ameachi, Sen. Magnus Abe, Abiye Sekibo, Tele Ikuru, Nyesom Wike, Dakuku Peterside etc not to mention Justice Mary Odili who is making sure her colleagues are in order. It will be in their interest dat Peter is left alone.

Are you mixing Rotimi Amaechi up with Chibudom Nwuche?!

Anyways, No doubt, alot of Niggas will go down with him, but nonetheless... The EFCC and the Judiciary are both useless drain pipe of our budget.. We should simply scrap the Judiciary arm of government and resort to peoples court and jungle justice..

1 Like

Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by Demdem(m): 10:19am On Aug 08, 2012
Okija_juju:

Anyways, No doubt, alot of Niggas will go down with him, but nonetheless... The EFCC and the Judiciary are both useless drain pipe of our budget.. We should simply scrap the Judiciary arm of government and resort to peoples court and jungle justice..

I wonder what the Retardeen is doing about the Judiciary? he promised us Judicial reform nauuu tongue tongue tongue
Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by fellory: 10:21am On Aug 08, 2012
binger: All along,i thought Odili was clean...am surprised to hear his accused of all these corrupt acts...#justsaying

Then u must know another odili or u have been out of the country for so long or u just came of age
Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by ifyalways(f): 10:22am On Aug 08, 2012
What's new ?
Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by miteolu(m): 10:23am On Aug 08, 2012
Demdem:

I wonder what the Retardeen is doing about the Judiciary? he promised us Judicial reform nauuu tongue tongue tongue

Still in progress by 2035 report of committees upon committees on judiciary reforms will be released.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case by hardywaltz(m): 10:26am On Aug 08, 2012
Okija_juju:

Nope I said Chibuike Rotimi Ameachi (Speaker RVHA 1999-2007). Current Gov of Rivers State. Ameachi's adult life cannot be complete without mentioning Peter Odili

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April / 10 Beautiful photos of Lagos you will mistake for london / It Is Only The North Calling For War. Igbos Are Not.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.