Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? (23217 Views)

The Coup Speech That Overthrew Buhari On August 27, 1985… / GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 / Pictures of Jonathan's Transformation Rails. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by solomon111(m): 10:41pm On Aug 08, 2012
Who the hell are this so-called diasporean Nigerians.
Why are they arguing with the facts on ground.?
Did your various adoptive countries,accomplish 24/7 power supply in just 2 years,after decades of decay in the electricity sector?.
I wonder who will deliver us from 'The Crab syndrome' inherent in us.
SMH.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by solomon111(m): 10:44pm On Aug 08, 2012
Billyonaire: If its not Jonathan, I see no body else I can vote for in 2015. Should I vote Buhari ? No, he is Boko Haram mandator. Should I vote for El-Rufai ? He is a twitter kolomental. Should I vote for Tinubu ? He is too involved in ripping Lagos. Who should I vote for if not Jonathan Christ. Someone please tell me the best person in the polity of today. GEJ came from the grassroot, he had no shoes so he understands the plight of the poor. He is a lecturer, he has invested massively in education, his kids school in Nigeria, he is a patriot. He owns no international bank account, he is transparent. He is improving Electricity in less than 24 months in office, a feet we could not achieve in 50 yrs of misrule by Aboki and Co.
[size=15pt]
FRESH AIR
[/size]
Even though,i am not a fan of GEJ,i think he is the best among a long list of mediocres,vying for power in this country.
Currently,GEJ trumps them all.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Beaf: 10:50pm On Aug 08, 2012
solomon111:
Who the hell are this so-called diasporean Nigerians.
Why are they arguing with the facts on ground.?

Did your various adoptive countries,accomplish 24/7 power supply in just 2 years,after decades of decay in the electricity sector?.
I wonder who will deliver us from 'The Crab syndrome' inherent in us.
SMH.

They "know" more than Nigerians at home, bro. Its their very own strange strain of madness.
Anytime the unstable kingoflag [/b]looks through his mental asylum window in the dark corners of New York, [b]he see's something like the pic below (proof of 7th degree insanity), so lets take it easy with the pathetic sods:

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Koikoi(m): 10:50pm On Aug 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:

No wonder . . . that explains a whole lot.

Get up and think straight. Don't let bad belle blind you to reason. Many have passed that path before. Mor0n!
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by DExplorer1: 10:50pm On Aug 08, 2012
jmaine: Ediots arguing over plain glaring evidence . . . .

while you all argue uselessly , peeps are attesting to an improvement in their power supply . . .

P:S ====> Where are those useless statistics of yours
LOL. Bro, it's obvious..evidence terminate arguement. They aren't blind.. GEJ's working and if they support instead of baseless criticism, more is yet to come.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by emmatok(m): 10:52pm On Aug 08, 2012
LOL,

See adults celebrating failure, billions sis being wasted on phony power-projects.

In the US, Coal accounts for close to 50 percent of the source of electricity generation; our Coal lays waste in Enugu, our Natural gas is under utilized.

Can someone tell me how many MW has been generated since OBJ AND YARADUA left.

When are going to hit the prophetic 10,000MW.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 08, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

It's gotta be something in the water cheesy cheesy

These people are a special creation I tell ya.

SMH I can't believe how warped in the brain they are.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 08, 2012
emmatok: LOL,

See adults celebrating failure, billions sis being wasted on phony power-projects.

In the US, Coal accounts for close to 50 percent of the source of electricity generation; our Coal lays waste in Enugu, our Natural gas is under utilized.

Can someone tell tell me how many MW has been generated since OBJ AND YARADUA left.

Stop talking trash, which part of USA have you been to ? Coal does not make up 50% of USA power source as you wrongly opine. Do you think only dafts like you love nairaland ? Some of us have gone through thresholds of lives but we love our country enough to come here and educate others on the concepts of patriotism. Castigate your country and be an asylum-seeking alien somewhere else forever. Your pride is your country of birth. Stop the s.t.u.p.i.d.i.t.y
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 11:07pm On Aug 08, 2012
Koikoi:

Get up and think straight. Don't let bad belle blind you to reason. Many have passed that path before. Mor0n!

I will contemplate that when you learn to Read! grin
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 11:08pm On Aug 08, 2012
Some dude says he is in Ikorodu and has not witnessed this wonderful glorious miracle that is like the feeding of 5000 with 5 loaves of bread and 2 pieces of fish. Do we also conclude Ikorodu where this guy lives is not in Nigeria? grin grin grin
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by EzeUche(m): 11:09pm On Aug 08, 2012
The power supply has improved. I have to admit that. Those who saying it hasn't are people who live in the Diaspora.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 11:09pm On Aug 08, 2012
emmatok:

Technically, Obasanjo is to praise for at least investing in building of power plants which we are now enjoying.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Koikoi(m): 11:09pm On Aug 08, 2012
emmatok: LOL,

Don't worry! we will build this Nation cos its our home. Where do you call home?
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 08, 2012
Beaf:

They "know" more than Nigerians at home, bro. Its their very own strange strain of madness.
Anytime the unstable kingoflag [/b]looks through his mental asylum window in the dark corners of New York, [b]he see's something like the pic below (proof of 7th degree insanity), so lets take it easy with the pathetic sods:

Dude, lemme break something down to you:

WE FLING YOU THE CRUMBS YOURE FEEDING ON! But, I have a conscience.

That said, If 2 weeks electricity of 18hrs a day---- in 50 years--- is cause for celebration, then I say:Party on.

Outside of Nigeria, Ive never experienced more than two blackouts in my whole life. The only times my light goes out (like once this week for about 10 mins) is when my circuit is overloaded and I just have to go in the basement and reset everything. Do I write the White House and thank Obama for providing me that which is my right? Tell me o, oga deceiver. Like I asked you: HOW MUCH IS YOUR SOUL WORTH that you'll deceive your own fellow men so? I see sycophants like you all the time in Nigeria and I always feel like spitting in your faces as I walk past you. Its still a lose/lose situation for you because you're being used, just as you're using others, and for that I'm happy.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by emmatok(m): 11:10pm On Aug 08, 2012
Billyonaire: Stop talking trash, which part of USA have you been to ? Coal does not make up 50% of USA power source as you wrongly opine. Do you think only dafts like you love nairaland ? Some of us have gone through thresholds of lives but we love our country enough to come here and educate others on the concepts of patriotism. Castigate your country and be an asylum-seeking alien somewhere else forever. Your pride is your country of birth. Stop the s.t.u.p.i.d.i.t.y

Why reply me!!!

You most be silly.

You are never A PATRIOTIC person, but a political Jingoist/Tribal bigot.

Help yourself SYCOPHANT.

http://www.c2es.org/science-impacts/basics/fact-sheets/coal-facts

http://www.facesofcoal.org/index.php?u-s-coal-and-west-virginia

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Koikoi(m): 11:13pm On Aug 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:

yea! talking about learning, when do you hope to learn how to think straight for a change without getting everything twisted like a lunatic! Read my foot. How do you expect me to read the letters written by a twisted mind!

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 08, 2012
Grammar is your problem, read those links again and use dictionary where you dont understand. Nematode and lover of terrorists. I am presently seeking franchise with drone manufacturers, I will triangulate you then decimate you.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 11:15pm On Aug 08, 2012
Koikoi:

yea! talking about learning, when do you hope to learn how to think straight for a change without getting everything twisted like a lunatic!

Again . . .
Kobojunkie:

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 08, 2012
Beaf:

Mr Foreigner, I hardly ever read more than a couple of lines of the trash you write, bro; and thats when its good, most times, I simply skip your crap like the offensive faecal matter that it is.
You are seriously ignorant, unintelligent, hateful and petty; and of course cerebral people like me are only stimulated by intellectual discuss with moral cardinals, not desperate drug inspired emissions from a self-loathing, low self-esteemed, lost brother from the wrong side of the Bronx. Seen?

I hear you:

TELL HIM TO DECLARE HIS ASSETS SO WE CAN COMPARE HIS SALARY AS A PROFESSOR TILL NOW AND HOW HE SUDDENLY BECAME A BILLIONAIRE IN DOLLARS!

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by emmatok(m): 11:20pm On Aug 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Technically, Obasanjo is to praise for at least investing in building of power plants which we are now enjoying.

Help me ask this people how many Power Plant GEJ has completed.

Even BATH NNAJI lamented that the bane of power generation, was the inadequate gas supply to the completed Power-plant.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Koikoi(m): 11:21pm On Aug 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Again . . .

This a terrible state of static reasoning. Exercise your brains for another change if the first advise didn't work.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 11:22pm On Aug 08, 2012
Koikoi:

This a terrible state of static reasoning. Exercise your brains for another change if the first advise didn't work.
Again . . .
Kobojunkie:

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 08, 2012
I was going to make this another topic but I don't have the time right now.

In case Nigerians are still being silly about what the game plan really is. This is it. ELECTRICTY>>>>> RE-ELECTION 2015>>>> 7YR SINGLE TERM RULE 2018>>>>> 2018 TILL ETERNITY YOURE GONNA BE NO BETTER THAN PRESENT DAY HAITI BY THE TIME THEYRE DONE WITH YOU GUYS. The same tricks in Camroon, Burkina Faso and Uganda.... poor, poor Nigerians. How did you ever get to this stage?

Museveni reveals fat ego in US cable

Top Stories

[img]http://www.observer.ug/images/stories/News/cov-050.jpg[/img]

SUNDAY, 11 SEPTEMBER 2011 20:34 WRITTEN BY HUSSEIN BOGERE 36 COMMENTS

President Museveni does not see any equals amongst African leaders – at least he didn’t see any in 2009 – diplomatic cables released by whistleblower website, WikiLeaks, have revealed.

The cables from the US Embassy in Kampala, sent to the US State Department by Ambassador Jerry Lanier, also show that Museveni was disappointed by Ghanaian president, John Kufuor.

According to the cables authored in 2009, Museveni is preoccupied with African leadership issues.

“He looks around at his fellow African heads of state and sees no equals; no one of his intellect, vision, drive, and few of his longevity,” the cables read.

They also reveal that Museveni was disappointed that former Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo’s third term effort was “thwarted, because his successor, Shehu Yar’Adua, is not strong enough to demonstrate leadership on African issues”.

Yar’Adua died in 2010 after a long illness. Obasanjo stealthily visited Museveni shortly before the debate on whether or not the Nigerian constitution should be amended to allow him run for a third term.

He attempted extending money to legislators, but unlike in Uganda where it paid off, the Nigerian legislators returned his money. Museveni was probably disappointed that the same trick could not bear fruit for Obasanjo.

In fact, the same cables reveal that Museveni, having acknowledged that he would be seeking another term, told Senator Russell Feingold on August 28 that the democratic process in Uganda was ongoing and not bound by electoral schedules.

“For Museveni, change of an individual at the top does not equal democracy. In his view, the development of Ugandan democracy is moving in the right direction and there is no need to change that by changing leadership,” Lanier wrote.

The US, through its embassy officials and the National Security Council, the cables say, told Museveni it would not oppose his bid for a third term if undertaken legally. Museveni expected the same US position regarding his fourth term bid.“Museveni is content ‘to agree to disagree’ with the US on the issue of term limits,” the embassy said.

The most embarrassing revelation, however, is about former Ghanaian President Kufuor, who, according to the cable, was “a disappointment” to Uganda. The cables say Kufuor’s instincts on African issues were similar to Museveni’s, but his performance as head of the African Union did not meet Museveni’s expectations.

“In a meeting, Museveni told A/S Frazer that Ghana lost its nerve once it took on the African Union presidency.” At the time, South Africa was preparing for an election after the shocking resignation of Thabo Mbeki and whose misunderstandings with the current president, Jacob Zuma, were well documented.

A separate cable from South Africa to the US had described Zuma as “controversial, but not well understood personage who emerged from obscurity to where he now occupies the apex of South Africa’s political pyramid.

He is deeply loved and revered by his closest constituencies; he is mistrusted by opposition parties; and is hated by those who believe he is wrong for South Africa.”

Mbeki is described as “thin-skinned” and requires “deft handling”.

But, as the ANC party found itself in a sticky patch, it now appears, the uncertainty was of great concern to Museveni because it could leave him without powerful African allies to confront Sudan and Libya on the continent.

Museveni loathed Sudan for its expansion of fundamentalism, while he also disagreed with now former Libyan leader, Muammar Gaddafi’s ambitious United States of Africa. That was two years ago. Now, with two of Africa’s strongest and longest-serving leaders – Gaddafi and Egypt’s Hosni Mubarak – recently deposed, Museveni remains with little company in his club.

The memos, classified as confidential, also suggest that within East Africa, Museveni remains at the forefront of the charge for economic integration, which he believes would remove key barriers to Uganda’s development.

“Museveni also has picked up on the theme of climate change and believes that developed countries need to curb their emissions while helping developing countries with renewable energy sources and poverty alleviation,” the cables say.

We could not get a comment from the US Embassy in Kampala, but the US government has previously said it does not comment on leaked cables and that revelations on WikiLeaks endanger US national security and the lives of American diplomats.

http://www.observer.ug/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15013:museveni-reveals-fat-ego-in-us-cable&catid=78:topstories&Itemid=116
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Beaf: 11:25pm On Aug 08, 2012
kingoflag:

Dude, lemme break something down to you:

WE FLING YOU THE CRUMBS YOURE FEEDING ON! But, I have a conscience.

That said, If 2 weeks electricity of 18hrs a day---- in 50 years--- is cause for celebration, then I say:Party on.

Outside of Nigeria, Ive never experienced more than two blackouts in my whole life. The only times my light goes out (like once this week for about 10 mins) is when my circuit is overloaded and I just have to go in the basement and reset everything. Do I write the White House and thank Obama for providing me that which is my right? Tell me o, oga deceiver. Like I asked you: HOW MUCH IS YOUR SOUL WORTH that you'll deceive your own fellow men so? I see sycophants like you all the time in Nigeria and I always feel like spitting in your faces as I walk past you. Its still a lose/lose situation for you because you're being used, just as you're using others, and for that I'm happy.

I know your type.
You come across as low esteemed and unhappy with life, a pathetic creature in a foreign land that can barely scrape two meals a day together, one with nothing of pride to his name, a crab who is just minutes away from wearing the noose like a neck chain as a path out of woe.
Check the pic below, bro. An American beggar who has stolen a laptop to log unto NL with and talk shiit with abandon! Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

[img]http://2.bp..com/_RHit95K8lnA/TSdcI3Gd9JI/AAAAAAAAAI4/Uq1AKfnNSZA/s1600/Beggar%2Bwith%2BLaptop.jpg[/img]

For us, the path path is bright at last. For the first time in our history, we have a President who is for the people.
[size=23pt]Fresh Air![/size] cool

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 08, 2012
PAY ATTENTION TO THE DATES!!!!

Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy in Uganda

By Paul Ohia
12 May 2011
Font Size: a / A

President Goodluck Jonathan

Opposition protesters hurled stones at the convoy of President Goodluck Jonathan in Uganda Thursday as he attended the swearing-in of the county’ s President Yoweri Museveni in Kampala, the country’s capital.

In the frenzy of the moment, the Ugandan security forces fired at the protesters, killing one person, Fred Opolot, the head of Uganda's state-run Media centre was quoted by AP as saying.

Jonathan, along with several other African leaders, were in Uganda for the inauguration of Museveni, who was announced the winner of disputed February 18 elections.

Veteran opposition leader Kizsa Besigye rejected the election results, saying they had been rigged in favor of the incumbent. He had in the past threatened to lead Egypt-like protests to oust Museveni.

“The car belonging to Goodluck Jonathan was stoned by mobs,” said Opolot, director of the government media centre. “The security shot around the area, and one person was shot dead.”

Opposition leader over the last month has been leading “walk to work” protests over the rising cost of food and fuel. Besigye, whom Museveni defeated in his February re-election win, said the marches are also to protest government corruption.

Those marches have been the most serious unrest in sub-Saharan Africa since protests swept out leaders in Egypt and Tunisia. Museveni says he will not be swept from office by Egypt-style protests.

A 21-gun salute rang out before a crowd of thousands who watched the country’s chief justice administer an oath to Museveni. Museveni appeared to make reference to Besigye in a speech, saying that opponents wanted to cause chaos but that their “disruptive schemes” will be defeated.

Museveni said the country would begin pumping oil within three years, and that Uganda would no longer need to rely on imports.

He also sought to highlight the country’s progress in the last 25 years, saying that 8 million primary students are in school today compared with 2.5 million in 1986. He also promised to fight corruption.

Museveni also indulged in a moment of self-congratulations, saying: “I thank the Ugandans for overwhelmingly voting for me with 68.3 per cent.”

Although official returns showed Museveni winning that amount, Besigye says the results were falsified, and that Museveni and Besigye both received a bit under 50 per cent of the vote, an outcome that would have required a runoff.

Uganda has seen sharp spikes in food and fuel prices the last several months, making car or bus travel unaffordable for many. Anger over the increases has fuelled Besigye’s protests, and security forces have clashed with protesters around the country. Human Rights Watch says government forces have shot and killed nine people during crackdowns on protests.

Museveni, an ex-rebel commander who seized power at the head of a guerrilla army in 1986, once criticized African rulers who clung to power. In 2001 he promised to retire from politics despite lifting a two-term limit on the presidency so he could run again in 2006. But now Museveni says he is fostering peace, stability and growth.

African strongmen of old are under increasing pressure. Moammar Gadhafi, who has ruled Libya since 1969, is battling attacks from Libyan rebels and NATO. Robert Mugabe in Zimbabwe, who attended Thursday’s inauguration, has been in power since 1980. He has refused to accept a 2008 election defeat.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/protesters-hurl-stones-at-jonathan-s-convoy-in-uganda/91266/
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by emmatok(m): 11:30pm On Aug 08, 2012
Nigeria Requires 135,000 Mega Watts of Power

The Federal Government Monday said Nigeria requires about 135,000 Mega Watts angry angry angry of electricity to effectively power the economy.

Addressing journalists at the sideline of a power conference, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, Minister of Power, Mr. Bath Nnaji said

Nnaji said the country would explore fuel for power generation, gas, hydro, coal, wind and solar to achieve the target adding that the current power generation was 3,600 MW out of the 5,700 MW available capacity embarassed embarassed embarassed.

He cited non-availability of gas, lack of proper maintenance, water management issues and transmission constraints major factors responsible for its inability to achieve maximum capacity.

The minister disclosed that the Federal Government had signed $1.5 billion agreement with the United States (US) Export and Import Bank on power sector financing.

Mr. Nnaji hinted that the Ministry of Power had both signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with General Electric and Siemen respectively to built 10,000 MW power plant respectively in the country.

Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Allison-Madueke, linked the current challenges in the power sector to the "gross mis-alignment’’ in terms of gas supply to power plants.

Mrs. Allison-Madueke said some of the power plants were cited in areas with no gas availability stressing that the situation was because both the ministry of power and the ministry of petroleum resources were not working in synergy before the contracts for those power stations were awarded.

She listed poor payment performance by Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) and National Integrated Power Project (NIPP) as well as poor funding for critical power projects as parts of the constraints of the sector.

She disclosed that as at March, the NIPP was owing NNPC N3.2 billion for gas supply; PHCN was owing about N1.58 billion while Ibom Power Plant in Akwa-Ibom State was indebted to the tune ofN1.19 billion.

Allison-Madueke said the current gas supply level to the power plants was 520 million scf/d and expressed optimism that NNPC would increase the supply to 700 scf/d million in few months.

http://frontiersnews.com/index.php/news/645-nigeria-requires-135000-mega-watts-of-power-
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Koikoi(m): 11:32pm On Aug 08, 2012
emmatok:

Help me ask this people how many Power Plant GEJ has completed.

Even BATH NNAJI lamented that the bane of power generation, was the inadequate gas supply to the completed Power-plant.

Junkie's just feeling high with all her priorities turned upside down.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 08, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan Writes to Paul Biya

SOURCE: CAMEROON TRIBUNE

JEUDI, 26 AOÛT 2010 17:19

ShareThis

Prime Minister Philemon Yang yesterday received the sealed message from the Nigerian envoy for onward transmission to the Head of State.

The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, August 25 sent Nigeria's Minister of Water Resources, Obadiah Ando with a special sealed message to President Paul Biya. Cameroon's Prime Minister Philemon Yang in the Star Building audience received the sealed message from Goodluck Jonathan's special envoy for onward transmission to President Paul Biya.

After the over 30 minutes audience, the Nigerian special envoy, Obadiah Ando who headed a seven-member delegation told the press that he could not speculate on the content of the sealed message. On his assessment of the bilateral relations between the brotherly people of Nigeria and Cameroon, he said, they were "very good" and expressed the wish for the relations to further be improved in all areas.

Nigeria's Minister of Water Resources coincidentally came to Cameroon at the moment the country's North and Far North Regions that share common borders with Nigeria are hit by a cholera epidemic that has already claimed nearly 300 lives. Answering a question on the cholera problem, he admitted that the disease was present in the northern states of Nigeria that have borders with Cameroon. The Prime Minister Yang and Obadiah Ando used the audience to discuss the water problems that constitute the main cause of cholera. "Our doctors are looking into the issue", Nigeria's Minister of Water Resources said and added that, "both Nigerian and Cameroonian doctors are working to see how we can reduce all the incidences of cholera". The main concern will be ensuring potable water as, "water-borne diseases is what our people in the rural areas suffer from both in Cameroon and Nigeria", the Nigerian special envoy concluded.

President Goodluck Jonathan's special envoy was accompanied to the Prime Minister's Office by Senator Simeon Ajibola ; the Under Secretary for African Affairs in Nigeria's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, A.A. Abbas and the Nigerian High Commissioner to Cameroon, Philip Ali Dauda among other key officials.ShareThis

http://www.237online.com/201008264343/Actualites/Politique/president-goodluck-jonathan-writes-to-paul-biya.html

http://www.presidenceducameroun.com/news/index.php?lang=en&mode=newsdetails&id=1775
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 08, 2012
Jonathan Proposes Bill on Single Tenure for President, Governors

26 Jul 2011
Font Size: a / A

President Goodluck Jonathan

By Ahamefula Ogbu

President Goodluck Jonathan Monday admitted that he would soon send an Executive Bill providing for a single term for the President and state Governors to the National Assembly for approval He ,however , said he will not be a beneficiary of the proposed law.

The clarification was contained in a two-page statement issued in Abuja by Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati , who however did not specify how long the single tenure would be

The statement also rested insinuations that Jonathan wanted to extend his tenure in office , as according to Abati , he will not be a beneficiary as the Bill if passed into law will take effect from 2015.

Jonathan explained that his clamour for a single tenure was borne out of his patriotic zeal as well as the fact that the two terms provided for in the constitution does not guarantee stabilising the polity and institutionalisation of democracy which was not good for Nigeria's level of development.
He further explained that the acrimony which follows the issue of election and re-election at federal and State levels overheats the polity, added to inter and intra party squabbles which affect the growth of political parties in the country made him to conclude that a single tenure would help the executive concentrate on governance and development.

He further stated that the cost of conducting primaries every four years followed by general elections was too unwieldy for the economy and distracts from service delivery as attention shifts too early to issues of election and re-election.

On the news making the round that Jonathan wants to elongate his tenure through the back door, the Presidential spokesman declared, “Nothing can be more untrue. The energy that has been devoted to speculations on the content of the likely bill is akin to an attempt to force the abortion of a non-existent pregnancy. The details of the Bill will be clear in terms of its provisions when it is forwarded to the National Assembly for consideration. The President makes it clear that his push for a single tenure for the office of the President and that of the Governors is not borne out of any personal interest.

" The proposed amendment will not have anything to do with him as a person; what he owes Nigerians is good governance, and he is singularly committed to this. Besides, it is trite law that the envisaged amendment cannot have a retroactive effect. This means that whatever single-term tenure that is enacted into law by the National Assembly will take effect from 2015”.

Abati said his principal fervently believes that adopting the single tenure will actualise his transformation agenda, adding that the interest and well being of Nigeria was more than the ambition of an individual and that if the single tenure was adopted, would change the face of politics in the country while he would not be a beneficiary.

“The President also states that the greater good of Nigeria is greater than the ambition of any one individual. The envisaged Bill is part of the Jonathan administration’s transformation agenda aimed at sanitizing the nation’s politics. The President believes that this single move, when actualized, will change the face of our politics and accelerate the overall development of our nation. If the proposed amendment is accepted by the National Assembly, the President assures that he will not in any way be a beneficiary”, he concluded.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-proposes-bill-on-single-tenure-for-president-governors/95749/
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 08, 2012
Jonathan’s proposal dangerous – APGA, CNPP

on AUGUST 1, 2011 · in HEADLINES

1:56 am

BY CLIFFORD NDUJIHE, TONY EDIKE, ANAYO OKOLI, BEN AGANDE & CHINYERE ABIAZIEM

LAGOS—IT has been a week-long of bashing and tongue-lashing of President Goodluck Jonathan’s proposed elongated single term for the President and governors of the 36 states of the country beginning from 2015.

The strident kicks continued yesterday with the Conference of the Nigerian Political Parties (CNPP) fearing that President Jonathan might be a dictator in the making and the Trade Union Congress of Nigeria (TUC), saying that the move was ill-timed and could distract government from focusing on critical issues plaguing the country.

This is coming as eminent Nigerians drawn from all walks of life and the six geo-political zones of the country converge on Lagos tomorrow to review the proposal and other burning issues in the polity, the National Chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Chief Victor Umeh,has also weighed in, opposing the idea on the ground that it would make it difficult to hold the elected officers accountable.

Despite the opposition Senator Nimi Bariagha Amange (PDP, Bayelsa), who represents Jonathan’s senatorial district in the Senate added a twist to the unfolding drama. He said that President Jonathan would seek re-election for a second term of four years if his proposed single term did not sail through.

CNPP launches anti-tenure elongation campaign

Addressing a press conference in Enugu, National Publicity Secretary of CNPP, Mr. Osita Okechukwu said that after a careful assessment of the body language, mannerisms and antecedents of President Jonathan, the organization had come to the inevitable conclusion that he was an emerging dictator in the mould of African big men like Paul Biya of Cameroun and Abdoulaye Wade of Senegal.

Consequently, he said, the CNPP had launched an anti-tenure elongation campaign to stop Jonathan from extending his tenure and urged the citizenry to buy into the campaign tagged: “Stop Jonathan Campaign.”

Okechukwu who alleged that Jonathan had never kept any of his promises to Nigerians, said that a cursory assessment showed that big men in their route to power look humble, honest and un-ambitious, until they get to the zenith of power.

He told newsmen that the big men also exploit the poverty among the citizenry, dichotomy of religion and ethnicity in their country, cultivate rubber stamp legislature and encourage schisms among the opposition, as currently promoted by President Jonathan.

Citing the manner the President in his 2011 ascendancy agenda allegedly breached the PDP zoning arrangement, which he was a signatory to as Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State, Okechukwu further pointed out that the big men have a notorious record of entering into alliances and agreements, which they breach at will.

The CNPP spokesman wondered why a President faced with a plethora of matters of urgent national concern, including the request of the Nigerian Governors Forum for Fiscal Federalism and, in fact, devolution of powers from the centre to the units, should make tenure elongation his first executive bill, warning Nigerians not to trust him, based on his tepid defence that the bill was not about tenure elongation.

He said: “We are witnesses of how President Jonathan came to power innocently, harmlessly and unexpectedly and how his party and the ex-president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, at variance with the provisions of the Constitution broadened the poverty in the land, widened the gap between the rich and poor and how religion and ethnicity were exploited to enthrone Jonathan.

Jonathan violated zoning

“We are also witnesses how as Deputy Governor, President Jonathan endorsed the zoning convention of his party, the Peoples Democratic Party; only to violate the same agreement barely a decade later. We cannot forget as well, how President Jonathan as an acting president promised the Save Nigeria Group (SNG) and indeed Nigerians that he will fully implement the Uwais Electoral Committee Report; if he is confirmed as President. A promise fulfilled in the breach.

“It is glad to note that the Uwais Report rejected single tenure elongation and it is theatre of absurd for a president that rejected the core recommendations of the report to choose an item the Uwais Committee rejected.”

Okechukwu recalled how the President promised Nigerians to fight the war against corruption, only to authorize his Attorney General to launch a gazette aimed at not only emasculating the anti-graft agencies, totally protecting and shielding ex-presidents, ex-governors and ex-ministers, but in addition, providing comfort zone for looters.

APGA moves against proposal

To APGA National Chairman, Chief Victor Umeh, President Jonathan might have good intentions in his proposal but it might be abused by politicians who would feel that they owe the electorate no obligations.

Umeh who spoke to journalists weekend, in Umuahia, said that the obstacle would be the ability of elected officers to be accountable to the electorate.

His worry was that elected officers may feel that as they will not be coming for reelection, they may decide not to work for the development of the people that elected them and the state where they are in charge.

“The President may have good intention for proposing this Bill but a critical analysis of the implications of passing this Bill into Law is that people will now be elected for six year single tenure. So it is very dangerous that from the blast of the whistle, they will decide to abandon the electorate that elected them and there is nothing that you can do to them. With Section 308 Immunity Clause of our constitution; it means that it will be very difficult to remove them when they are going wrong.

“Six years will be a long time to allow a governor or a president who from the blast of the whistle decides to short-change the people. So for me, the four year tenure that will be renewable is still better. So we are going to mount a campaign to agitate for the dropping of this Bill; it is not going to do our democracy any good; we believe that when public office holders know that they are going back to the electorate to renew their mandate, they will be responsible.” Umeh said.

Jonathan ‘ll seek re-election if… – Amange

In an exclusive interview with Vanguard in Abuja, Senator Amange said since all the zones were poised to spend two terms of four years, it would be a great injustice to the South-South Zone if Dr Goodluck Jonathan spends only one term and leaves in 2015.

The President has repeatedly said that he would not be a beneficiary of the proposed single term as he would leave at the end of his tenure in 2015.

Amange said: “If the constitutional amendment can be done, then no problems because by the time he (President Goodluck Jonathan) finishes, he must have served for five years and he can find his way out.

But if that is not done, it would be improper for him to stay for four years and then go and allow another zone to come and spend eight years. The only thing that we can agree for him to spend four years is if the constitution is amended so that the next president can stay for six years.

We in the South-South are ready to sacrifice the one year. But outside that, we cannot accept to stay for only four years when the South-West had already taken eight years and another group will come and take eight years”.

Senator Amange defended the president’s decision to seek the amendment now, saying that it would cut short any insinuation of seeking to perpetuate himself in office.

Braithwaite, Agbakoba, Kalu, Adegbite, Sagay, Ozekhome, others storm Lagos

Disturbed by the dangerous trend national security and President Jonathan’s proposal for a single and longer tenure for the president and governors were taking, some eminent Nigerians will storm Lagos tomorrow.

Drawn from all walks of life, the personalities will meet at the Lagos Island residence of Second Republic politician, Dr. Tunji Braithwaite under the auspices of a new platform tagged Project Nigeria-National Consensus Group.

Expected at the parley, are former President of the Nigerian Bar Association, Mr Olisa Agbakoba (SAN), who hosted the inaugural parley; former Minister of Finance, Dr Kalu Idika Kalu; Secretary General of the Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs, Dr Lateef Adegbite; human rights lawyer Dr Tunji Abayomi; former President of West African Bar Association, Femi Falana; erudite political scientist and Chair of NCC research team, Dr Jibrin Ibrahim; President of the Trade Union Congress, Comrade Peter Esele; rights activist, Mallam Shehu Sani; Leader of Arewa Youths Consultative Forum, Alhaji Shetimah Yerima; OPC Founder, Dr Fedrick Fasehun; and the scion of Gani Fawehinmi legacy, Mr. Mohammed Fawehinmi

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/jonathans-proposal-dangerous-apga-cnpp/
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 08, 2012
IF PICKIN DO WELL MAKE WE TELL AM SO HE GO DO BETTER MORE - NO ARGUMENT, LET SEE IF THIS CAN LAST FOR THIS MONTH.

IF BY PAYING MORE I WILL GET LIGHT LIKE THIS I WILL AND AVOID THE NOISE OF GEN.

BUT ANYTHING IN NIGERIA DO NOT LAST,

SO LET SEE IF THIS CAN LAST FOR THIS MONTH.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Beaf: 11:46pm On Aug 08, 2012
...And the saga of kingoflags descent into full blown madness continues! grin

Eye pop'n shiit!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Senate Suspends Confirmation Of 27 INEC RECs Over Magu's Leadership of EFCC / Lagos To Conclude 4th Mainland Bridge Financial Foreclosure Next Year / Kankara School Register Shows 668 Schoolboys Still Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.