Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,101 members, 7,818,291 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? (23214 Views)

The Coup Speech That Overthrew Buhari On August 27, 1985… / GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 / Pictures of Jonathan's Transformation Rails. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by edicolove: 6:50pm On Aug 08, 2012
proudlyafrican: Power Generation Hit 4237MW on the pages of newspapers.....Have not had light for 5 days in my hood,so how does the increase benefit me? People deceiving party.

So the report is wrong just because a small community does not have light for 5 days? The power problem is multifaceted. The report did not say all our power problems is solved. It just said there is improvement. Some are celebrating here because people are beginning to feel and believe some people like you don't want GEJ so succeed. That's the real problem
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Beaf: 6:54pm On Aug 08, 2012
edicolove:

So the report is wrong just because a small community does not have light for 5 days? The power problem is multifaceted. The report did not say all our power problems is solved. It just said there is improvement. Some are celebrating here because people are beginning to feel and believe some people like you don't want GEJ so succeed. That's the real problem

Bro, proudlyafrican is an intellectual and moral mongrel; a true winsh. Don't waste time on his type who would call black white out of sheer hatred.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by ABAKA72(m): 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2012
Am very happy about the posetive development in the power sector. This is what happens when a round peg is in a round hole. Thank God for bringing prof. Barth Nnaji on board.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 7:00pm On Aug 08, 2012
Again . . .Again . . .
taharqa: What happened was that there were some saboteurs in d top echelon of TCN(Transmission Company of Nigeria) responsible 4 d decrease, who d Minister uncharacteristically identified and sackd (the 3 of them). Following which the situatn is again stabilising. This kind of swift response is one of d reasons why sm ppl re saying smthing is diff now...by d way, d TCN is now been managed by Manitoba International, a well-known international power utility company

Stop Lying!!
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by manny4life(m): 7:02pm On Aug 08, 2012
How can Nigerians be pleased ? embarassed embarassed embarassed

The man, through his minister is trying to undo the wrongs in the power industry, in fact there is improvement, now it's that he's improving power so he can rule forever.

I he doesn't improve power, he's a weakling, if he improves, he wants to remain president. I guess if he improves Aviation, Transportation, Eduction, Healthcare, etc, that will make him president for the two lives to come... cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by edicolove: 7:09pm On Aug 08, 2012
Hahahahaha! ....and again hahahahahaha ...and again. Hahahahahah...coconut head with mustard seed brain. Like she is in JSS 1 or something. Very funny.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by AkoEja: 7:11pm On Aug 08, 2012
This is still a drop in the ocean, I hope they do not rest on their oars. We actually need more than 10,000 MW
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by monkeyleg: 7:11pm On Aug 08, 2012
Reminds me of the savant who was sent to the market with 50,000 naira, and came back with only a loaf of half eaten bread. The folks in the house praised the savant saying "at least he came back with something"

Typical Nigerians, easily decieved, easily pleased. The exact same recipe for a failed society, no wonder things dont change in that bloody country, because the citizens are just as corrupt and useless as the government that claims to lead them. Ever heard of the saying "whom much is given, much is expected", well I guess it doesnt apply to Nigeria. Make una continue to dey celebrate failure, bloody self deceivers
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by edicolove: 7:15pm On Aug 08, 2012
AkoEja: This is still a drop in the ocean, I hope they do not rest on their oars. We actually need more than 10,000 MW

At the moment, we do not actually need up to 10,000MW. But as investors begin to believe power is improving, they will start to invest. Many SMEs will start to come up too. That will increase the power demand. But the good thing is that this will not happen over night so there's a small window for improvement. If they keep up the pace and don't relent, I think we can keep up with the gradual increase in demand as we go on.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by manny4life(m): 7:17pm On Aug 08, 2012
monkeyleg: Reminds me of the savant who was sent to the market with 50,000 naira, and came back with only a loaf of half eaten bread. The folks in the house praised the savant saying "at least he came back with something"

Typical Nigerians, easily decieved, easily pleased. The exact same recipe for a failed society, no wonder things dont change in that bloody country, because the citizens are just as corrupt and useless as the government that claims to lead them. Ever heard of the saying "whom much is given, much is expected", well I guess it doesnt apply to Nigeria. Make una continue to dey celebrate failure, bloody self deceivers

#NEXTTTTTTT grin grin grin
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by jmaine: 7:21pm On Aug 08, 2012
edicolove:

Lol. You beginning to sound like a kid with this your repetition of posts. Are you a primary school teacher? Lol. #childish

If he/she has nothing meaningful to say or counter in the face of potent fact . . .he/she goes stvpid

wondering why he/she isn't peddling some useless statistics of theirs . . .
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by edicolove: 7:22pm On Aug 08, 2012
monkeyleg: Reminds me of the savant who was sent to the market with 50,000 naira, and came back with only a loaf of half eaten bread. The folks in the house praised the savant saying "at least he came back with something"

I am sitting at home and the generator has not worked for one week now. So why will I not celebrate? How is that a failure? Or your dictionary has a different definition of failure? You be comedian?

Ok I will give you a simple home work. Pick up your phone and call anyone in Benin or Owerri and ask them how is "NEPA" doing? Then come back and tell me the reply you get. Some of them are thinking of selling their generators. Well maybe you are the El rufai 50 used BB squad! Lol
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Repubocrat(m): 7:23pm On Aug 08, 2012
edicolove:

At the moment, we do not actually need up to 10,000MW.

I find that hard to believe.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by acetee: 7:27pm On Aug 08, 2012
GreenJ: Only hear of it on news!
Won Ku won Gbe Won Daran.. Oyinbo Lo Dun Toh Yi.. It's Sweeter Than Oyin grin
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by ABAKA72(m): 7:27pm On Aug 08, 2012
Kobojunkie: um . . . The article only says 4237MW was generated. Not that that 4237MW was transmitted ooooo . . . .

kobojunkie I admire your fighting spirit, but I believe you are intelligent enough to know when to draw the line, retreat and wait for the chance to hit back (when there is a reversal on current improvement in power generation and supply, though I don't personaly pray for that) . There is actualy a remarkable improvement in the power sector, even though it is still a far cry from our National power requirments. Anything you post here to disprove the current situation will only bring redicle to you and present you as an unreasonable person. Meanwhile I pray that the improvement will be sustained.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Purely: 7:28pm On Aug 08, 2012
kingoflag: Yeah, like I've always said, he will give you electricity, then he will bless you with life Presidency too.

Electricity is your right. Use the light to fire up your computers and read your constitution and fight against corruption. Thats what you need to be doing instead of thanking Government for doing their job as if they are doing you favors.

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by SisiKill1: 7:28pm On Aug 08, 2012
All this one one day hit or miss power generation that is causing people to celebrate. Let it last at least 6 months naa!

Haba! cheesy cheesy
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by jayjam(m): 7:29pm On Aug 08, 2012
onatisi: why are ppl jubilating ,the guy said power GENERATION THAT DOESNT MEAN IT IS BEEN DISTRIBUTED EFFECTIVELY,what about effective power distribution wht is the purpose of having 50000mgw and yet not been able to distribute it to ppl,nd for those jubilting do you know the power genertion of ghana for just 26million ppl ?or that of sa?we should be ashamed nigeria should have passed the stage of jubliating of 6kmw when smaller countries are already on 16 to 20kmw and yet not satisfied and they re not jubilating
must u bring ghana to everything,for ur information they only av 2000plusMW for 24milion people,their landmass is nt even up to dat of niger state while their population equals dat of kano state,let niger av 2000mw then u cn compare them
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by monkeyleg: 7:31pm On Aug 08, 2012
edicolove:

I am sitting at home and the generator has not worked for one week now. So why will I not celebrate? How is that a failure? Or your dictionary has a different definition of failure? You be comedian?

Ok I will give you a simple home work. Pick up your phone and call anyone in Benin or Owerri and ask them how is "NEPA" doing? Then come back and tell me the reply you get. Some of them are thinking of selling their generators. Well maybe you are the El rufai 50 used BB squad! Lol

I dont need to prove anything to you. Rather you need to ask yourself if spending $billions to get 4000MGW represents a wise sensible investment worthy of celebration. If the answer to you is yes, then really where is the rational basis for discuss here? You can continue to wallow in your self deceit.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Akiika: 7:33pm On Aug 08, 2012
What a country of retards! struggling with electricity generation in the 21st century. We really should call the Brits to come back and re-colonise us.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 7:35pm On Aug 08, 2012
ABAKA72: kobojunkie I admire your fighting spirit, but I believe you are intelligent enough to know when to draw the line, retreat and wait for the chance to hit back (when there is a reversal on current improvement in power generation and supply, though I don't personaly pray for that) . There is actualy a remarkable improvement in the power sector, even though it is still a far cry from our National power requirments. Anything you post here to disprove the current situation will only bring redicle to you and present you as an unreasonable person. Meanwhile I pray that the improvement will be sustained.

And I believe you are intelligent enough to not only read what is posted but analysis what it says to ensure you understand what is being told you.

Again, generation Capacity is NOT amount of Electricity transmitted. Those are two different numbers. If you think this is an attempt to disprove Nnaji's claim that yesterday, Nigeria hit 4237 MW, then my friend, you need to make sure you are not the one here PROJECTING your delusion on my person. grin grin grin grin
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by edicolove: 7:35pm On Aug 08, 2012
One of them even said early last week that the increase is due to the fact that they want to bring bill for the month. Today is 8th. Have they not brought your bill yet? Has the power returned back to the way it used to be? The dunce even forgot that so many people now use pay-as-you-go. Anyone who wants the system to fail is an enemy of the public. #witchcraft
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by SisiKill1: 7:36pm On Aug 08, 2012
edicolove:

This is soooooooooo freaking sad!!

Look what Nigerians have been reduced to. ..Celebrating one week of light? People living in other places don't even know they can take light sef yet here you are happy as a clam that you didn't turn on your gen in a week.

Sometimes you can't blame the people in power sha, they know the citizens don't know their right and are ever so ready to prostrate in eternal gratefulness for the little bread crumbs thrown at them.

Carry oh jare, my dear Simpleton. Celebrate away!!
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Olaolufred(m): 7:38pm On Aug 08, 2012
onatisi: why are ppl jubilating ,the guy said power GENERATION THAT DOESNT MEAN IT IS BEEN DISTRIBUTED EFFECTIVELY,what about effective power distribution wht is the purpose of having 50000mgw and yet not been able to distribute it to ppl,nd for those jubilting do you know the power genertion of ghana for just 26million ppl ?or that of sa?we should be ashamed nigeria should have passed the stage of jubliating of 6kmw when smaller countries are already on 16 to 20kmw and yet not satisfied and they re not jubilating

It is simple.
They have so acutely impoverished them so that they become so dissilusioned.
Thay lost all the colors deserving of humanity. Lost every sense of dignity.
So well-conditioned for mediocrity.
Which made them see their rights as favors.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Purely: 7:38pm On Aug 08, 2012
@kingoflag, i pray u will get to a position whereby every of ur good efforts will be talked down on, then you will feel how frustrating u and fellows like you makes our president. May God have mercy on all of you that will never see anything good in anybody's efforts.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by edicolove: 7:40pm On Aug 08, 2012
monkeyleg:

I dont need to prove anything to you. Rather you need to ask yourself if spending $billions to get 4000MGW represents a wise sensible investment worthy of celebration. If the answer to you is yes, then really where is the rational basis for discuss here? You can continue to wallow in your self deceit.

Are you using the said $16 billion OBJ spent on power to judge GEJ? Did GEJ spend $billions on power? What are you on about? Must you peddle falsehood. GEJ has not spent $billions on power. So keep you deceit to yourself
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by SisiKill1: 7:44pm On Aug 08, 2012
Going by the comments on this thread, it is safe to say only GEJ supporters are enjoying this phantom power supply. So it is either GEJ is repaying them for their loyalty (Awww, how sweet. Where can I sign my cousins. . .they need light too grin ) or errr. . .ehm. . .these dudes be lying outta their azzes!!!

I'll let you draw you own conclusions. cheesy cheesy
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by gbadexy(m): 7:49pm On Aug 08, 2012
Well done, they shouldn't relent on their effort.
Let the president deal with subsidy fraud and resume subsidy fraud and he would have one more sure vote
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by monkeyleg: 7:50pm On Aug 08, 2012
edicolove:

Are you using the said $16 billion OBJ spent on power to judge GEJ? Did GEJ spend $billions on power? What are you on about? Must you peddle falsehood. GEJ has not spent $billions on power. So keep you deceit to yourself

Like I said, if you are celebrating this, and dont understand why you should challenge the savants that you employ and seek proper accountability, then really like I said no basis for discussion. Continue to wallow and bask in hollow victory
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Beaf: 7:52pm On Aug 08, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Look what Nigerians have been reduced to. ..Celebrating one week of light? People living in other places don't even know they can take light sef yet here you are happy as a clam that you didn't turn on your gen in a week.

Sometimes you can't blame the people in power sha, they know the citizens don't know their right and are ever so ready to prostrate in eternal gratefulness for the little bread crumbs thrown at them.

Other people got us to where we are by employing the repated system of failure from "strong" leaders that you love. The type of leadership that yielded blackouts that lasted months, weeks (or days if we were lucky). Those blackouts would have been bad enough if "strong" leadership didn't ensure multi billion dollar scandal after multi billion dollar scandal to spice and flavour our commune with PHCN enforced darkness.

GEJ is getting us out of the rot, we see the improvement, we see the doggedness, focus and direction and we rejoice. It is a sign of bitterness not to acknowledge observable improvements, you are above that, sis.

Thank you, GEJ. Fresh Air! cool
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by dasparrow: 7:52pm On Aug 08, 2012
@Post

So? A mere 4237MW for 150 + million people and you people are sheepishly jubilating? I probably use that much electricity in a month. We are always celebrating mediocrity in Nigeria. Mtshew!
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by edicolove: 7:53pm On Aug 08, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Why is English so hard for some of you? Please tell me. Should I say it in pidgin? Ok here it is: I say I never use my generator for one week now because, light dey always dey. I no say na only one week. Light don dey like that since like march/april. But I use my generator one week ago and since then, e never work sam sam!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Photo: Protest In Kaduna By Victims Of 2011 Post-election Crisis / Why Nobody Knows The Population Of Nigeria - The Economist / WIPAS: Igbo Group To Raise N500 Billion For 2023 Presidency Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.