Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,611 members, 7,816,513 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness (22814 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / “human Flesh All Over My Car” -eyewitness Account Of This Morning’s Bombing / LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by stillme(m): 8:26pm On Aug 12, 2012
The woman don enter problem. Human beings are too ignorant. Not all problems are avoidable but the ones that are avoidable should be avoided.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by kumbalo(m): 8:29pm On Aug 12, 2012
afam4eva: This is a case of the more you look the less you see. I just hope a thourough investigation is done to ascertain the culprit. Btw, what happened to the CCTV introduced by Fashola some time back?
The CCTV? That was another scam cos we have only a very few of them. It was mere political publicity to just give lagosian the impression that lagos is fast becoming a mega city.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by kumbalo(m): 8:31pm On Aug 12, 2012
government versus common citizen(perhaps a non-lagosian). You know the winner na. Another eye-witness will come soon. Fingers crossed
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Ninapha(f): 8:34pm On Aug 12, 2012
9ja news. Na wah oo.

Die, die, die die, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, kill, kill, kill, kill, kidnapp, kidnapp, kidnapp, kidnapps, gunmen gunmen, attack, attck, shot, shot, boko boko boko. Gej, gej. Lawan, lawan, mend, mend, sls, sls, NoI. I tire o'jare. I need new lines.

2 Likes

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 12, 2012
teminoni:

Who cares if she's terribly shaken? Wat about the LASTMA official that is terribly dead.

I wudnt blame her for trying to escape though. Sometimes people don't know which roads are one-way and which is not. And instead of putting up signboards to indicate, the LASTMA guys hide and wait for you to enter their trap.

Just last week, I and my friend entered one of their traps but quickly escaped by putting the car in reverse and speeding away before they got to the car. Thank God we were not caught and no one was hurt.

What if, as you reversed and tried to speed away, a LASTMA guy jumped out from nowhere, and you ended up killing him?
People condemning the woman for driving one way need to have their heads examined. No be the same Lagos we dey talk?
Yeah, in a sane society, why would anyone take a one way road? Is Lagos sane? Are street signs properly labelled?
I've even been made to know that most of the residents even use that part she took to avoid going to the next toll due to the inconvenience that LCC's roundabout created. (I am not advocating what she did or what others do because inconvenience or not, you should always follow rules).

I am/would never be happy that anyone dies be it naija police or lastma but they really need to put up CONSPICOUS signs and stop hiding in corners to catch people. All they do is wait for people to fall in their trap so they can milk them dry. Have you ever gotten in a situation where the LASTMA guy would simply give you a warning and tell you to do the right thing the next time? This is the main reason people try to run. Also, shouldn't we also question the ILLITERATE LASTMA guys that chase after cars?

2 Likes

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Barthx(m): 9:02pm On Aug 12, 2012
Weda she drove against traffic or not is no longer the issue. The issue now is 'Did she hit the Lasma offical or not'.
If truely she didnt den i dont see why she should be made 2 suffer for a crime she didnt commit.
And for those that re still asking why she ran and why d gate was locked... In my own opinion i think she probably ran because she was scared. And d gate was locked 4 her safety.
#trust lagosians they wld so beat her and ask questions leta#

1 Like

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by DTaj: 9:05pm On Aug 12, 2012
Interesting topic. I just had a little spat with a friend some moments ago about this. The friend claimed that I did not help his 'cause' because I refused to forward the broadcast about the lady's innocence making the rounds on BB. My views are:

a. Everyone that is forwarding this meaningless BB broadcast claiming that the woman (Mrs. Johnson) was innocent, were they at the scene?
b. When the woman claimed that she was innocent and we all believed her, let us know that it was just her word against LASTMA only, and the court ALONE could judge!
c. The case is with the judiciary, let them do their job. I said an emphatic 'no' to ambush judgement!
c. The LASTMA guy who was killed had a family and dependents! How would they have felt losing their breadwinner?
d. So, because the grief-striken family of the dead poor LASTMA official did not have access to BBM, we should just wish his cruel death away?

I told my 'activist friend' that we attended schools in order to hone our innate thinking faculties, and no one could force me to spread a broadcast that was purely based on sentiment and emotion.

In discussing issues, let us have some perspective...

4 Likes

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by stpat1(m): 9:15pm On Aug 12, 2012
Its unfortunate that the guy died while carrying out active duty.
Now back to the woman, yes she must have driven against traffic and I expect her to face the full wrath of the law but her offense should not include manslaughter as the incident should be critically circumspected to ensure the right person answers for the death of the official.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by DICKtator: 9:15pm On Aug 12, 2012
But in the above pix, the LASTma official doesn't look dead to me #Justsaying

p
phew!!!.so this is how retarded posts looks like
grin grin grin grin
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by hannydarl(f): 9:23pm On Aug 12, 2012
These are two different things. Traffic offence is different from murder.
The police should locate the said danfo before the owner hides. In advanced country they will stop and study the scene before jumping into conclusion.

Those of you complaining about the woman running away from the scene, who does not know that in nigeria if you hit and kill a person you stand the risk of being lynched to death or burnt in your car by area boys and emergency sympatizers if you stop to acces the damage?
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by jude33084(m): 9:24pm On Aug 12, 2012
shocked
iragbijile:

Thats what he deserved, he got himself killed. Next time others will use their common sense. My thoughts and prayers are with that innocent 'banker.'

JEEEEZ! I don't believe Ɣ☺Ʊ just said that shocked shocked
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 12, 2012
If roles don't exist, this picture wouldn't look so awkward...they don't just av to be too strict

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by dowjones(m): 9:33pm On Aug 12, 2012
ebamma: whether na danfo kill am or na okada kill the moral of this story is that he is dead

ebamma ebamma ! I really love your posts keep it up.. lol.

but really, all I've learned from this story is that there's a dead LASTMA snitch whose sins have caught up with him !
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Rastamann: 9:33pm On Aug 12, 2012
Female banker denies crushing LASTMA official

by Eniola Akinkuotu

Yinka Johnson, the female banker, who was arrested on Friday by the police for allegedly crushing an official of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority to death while driving against traffic, has said the alleged crime was a frame-up.

LASTMA officers on the road

advertisement

The General Manager, LASTMA, Mr. Babatunde Edu, had told SATURDAY PUNCH that Johnson crushed the LASTMA official, Ahmed Balogun, while trying to evade arrest in the Ajah area of the state.

Edu alleged that Johnson ran from the scene of the incident immediately into Ikota Estate, Ajah, where she was later arrested by policemen attached to Area J Command.

However, Johnson told SUNDAY PUNCH that she did not hit the LASTMA official, adding that it was another vehicle that ran over Balogun.

Johnson, who is an employee of Stanbic IBTC, is being detained along with her three-month old baby, Deborah.

Although she admitted to driving against traffic, she said where Balogun was crushed was a few metres away from her vehicle, adding that there were no blood stains on her car.

She said, “I was driving on Lekki-Epe Expressway trying to navigate to the other side of the road when I was accosted by a LASTMA official.

“The path I took was a one-way road but residents of Ikota Estate usually take it because of the ongoing road reconstruction on the alternative road.

“While I was discussing with the LASTMA official, a vehicle crushed another official a few metres away, causing commotion.”

Johnson said she did not run away from the crime scene as it was not far from her home but instead, alighted from her car during the pandemonium and called her husband.

According to her, after the LASTMA officials drove her car way, she went to the police station with her husband to report the incident.

She added that upon getting to the station, she saw her vehicle and learnt that the matter had been reported to the police.

She said, “When I got to the police station, the area commander immediately took over the case and took me to the office of the commissioner of police. I heard the state governor had already told him about the case

“When I narrated my ordeal to the CP, he did not believe my story. He immediately ordered that I should be taken to the SCID.”

A relative of the victim, who craved anonymity, said the police was biased with investigations. He said because the state government was aggrieved, it was trying to punish Johnson even though the real suspect was still at large.

Due to the sensitive nature of the case and the minor involved, Project Alert, a non-governmental organisation and some legal luminaries were also at the SCID on Saturday.

Maintaining her innocence, she decried the situation where her baby was being kept behind the counter with her.

“My baby has been crying because of hunger and I cannot even feed her well here. I still have my stitches from the caesarean operation,” she said.

In an appeal to the state government, Johnson urged the governor to properly investigate the matter and not just rely on what he was told by LASTMA.

She said, “I am the innocent person here, yet I am being made to pay for what I did not do.”

Edu, however, said he maintained his earlier position, adding that Johnson was the alleged killer.

A senior police officer, who craved anonymity, told our correspondent that Johnson would be charged to court on Monday for murder.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by jude33084(m): 9:35pm On Aug 12, 2012
ezotik:

but not in her case. lekki-ajah is an express road so there is no way she wouldn't know. she is probably one of those money miss road 'oga madam' becos for security men to shut down the gates of ikota trying to hide her, she nor go be 'small' person.

I wonder oh! Ť☺ ♍e ∂ sane person won't take O̶̲̥̅̊nE̶̲̥̅̊ way Őᵑ Lekki Ajah express road naaa!

Whether she was τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ O̶̲̥̅̊nE̶̲̥̅̊ that hit τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ deceased or not, taking O̶̲̥̅̊nE̶̲̥̅̊ way has made her almost as guilty
I pray that τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ family of τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ deceased should temper justice with Mercy. wink
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by mu2sa2: 9:45pm On Aug 12, 2012
omosexy1: So what is this suppose to mean? Then why did she flee the scene of incident if her vehicle was stationary and not moving? If she was driving recklessly and they were trying to catch up with her and in the process, the LASTMA officer was hit by a bus, she is then responsible for the death of the LASTMA officer. Actually, that is what driving against traffic (one way) leads to. Because you must be insane to be driving against traffic. It is a suicide mission and also endangers the lives of other drivers. While I still feel sorry for her and her family, I consider that she must be literate enough to know that she had committed an offense/crime, stay cool and get the booking. Rather than flee the crime scene. Running away from a crime scene would only get you to commit another crime. Her actions led to the death of the LASTMA officers whether is was her vehicle or some other person's vehicle.

We all need to be careful, respect traffic rules and learn from this.
If she drove against d traffic she should be sanctioned for that, not for an offence she did not commit. We should be very careful when it comes to believing public officials in Nigeria. LASTMA may well b trying to pin the crime on d woman, just like d police do frequently because of laziness or mischief: they will either not conduct thorough investigation or arrest an innocent person and demand for bribe, if u dont give them u are paraded on TV and charged. People dont know that the eyewitness account is very crucial in any criminal prosecution, and d gentleman's account has created a big doubt on d account of the incident given by LASTMA and apparently believed by many as evidenced by posters here. By d way, fleeing from scene of crime is not evidence of guilt in nigerian law. In fact, it's wise to get away from a crime scene otherwise u may get charged for it!!!
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 12, 2012
while driving obey the rules, while in the line of duty becareful and think about your family not the money you want to collect as a bribe
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 12, 2012
12 inches!:
If roles don't exist, this picture wouldn't look so awkward...they don't just av to be too strict
what is the meaning
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by vislabraye(m): 10:03pm On Aug 12, 2012
She violated traffic rules. Some times this is what impatience can lead to. Everyone in Lagos is living on the fast paste. So many reckless drivers around. You'll see drivers zooming pass u at 180 km/hr only to me et traffic 20 meters away.

She's not guilty for man slaughter though. One thing about LASTMA is their lawlessness. If your car breaks down, they'll fine you. Many of them look for the slightest opportunity to extort money from poor motorists. But killing one is very wrong.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by duality(m): 10:04pm On Aug 12, 2012
when there is traffic, lots of people go through one way

weda na damfo kill am or na madam range rover, people go still follow one way if go slow dey.

me some times dey follow one way... i no send..ooh

after all " it is unlawful to be lawful in a lawless society"
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Tafugo: 10:14pm On Aug 12, 2012
Who on this forum has not taken a one way street in this chaotic Lagos let him cast the first stone.with the construction along the Ajah axis it is stupid to go and turn at ikota after VGC with the traffic when you can safely drive on the verge for one minute and turn at the opening by the Mega chicken. That's the truth the idiots building the road should share the blame they have no consideration for anybody and lack tragic management skills.

2 Likes

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Agboola1(m): 10:15pm On Aug 12, 2012
Picture of the banker

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by born2boink(m): 10:20pm On Aug 12, 2012
afam4eva: This is a case of the more you look the less you see. I just hope a thourough investigation is done to ascertain the culprit. Btw, what happened to the CCTV introduced by Fashola some time back?
you dey believe nigerian government, lie-lie government
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by WinkWrld: 10:24pm On Aug 12, 2012
I LIVE AROUND THE AREA WHERE THE ACCIDENT HAPPEND AND CAN CONFIRM TO YOU ALL THAT IT WAS A DANFO BUS THAT CRUSHED THE LASTMA OFFICIAL AS WE ALL CAME OUT WHEN WE HEARD THE SOUND OF THE MOVING VEHICLE HIT THE OFFICIAL. A DANFO BUS WITH BADLY DAMAGED FRONT AND WINDSCREEN WAS SEEN TO HAVE HIT THE OFFICIAL. THIS MAKES IT THE 5TH PERSON BEING KILLED AROUND THAT AREA. I ALSO HEARD A SAD NEWS TODAY THAT A MAN WAS ALSO KILLED THIS MORNING BY A MOVING CAR. THIS AGAIN, BRINGS THE TOTAL NUMBER OF CASUALTY TO BE 6. ALL THIS WITHIN A PERIOD OF ONE MONTH.
I WILL RECOMMEND THAT THE LCC COMPANY SHOULD BE HELD LIABLE FOR THESE ACCIDENTS AS THE ROAD LACK ROAD SIGNS ; SPEED LIMIT, U-TURN SIGN, ZEBRA CROSSING AND SLOW SPEED SIGN POST.
MAY THEIR SOULS RIP
NB; THERE IS A SCHOOL IN THE AREA WHERE CHILDREN CROSS AT INTERVALS, AND THIS HAS NOT HIT THE BRAINS OF THE LCC THAT CAUTION SIGNS SHOULD BE INSTALLED UPTILL DATE.
VERY TERRIBLE INDEED.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 12, 2012
litmus test for our igp and his blather about police is your friend

also a litmus test for lasg and these new laws - which is whta this is really about

i suspect fashola has made it clear that he wants some scapegoats to drive home the fact that lasg means business

knowing nigerian police, those crazy animals i believe the womans story

note that it is the police who seem to be making all the noise
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by chatterly: 10:27pm On Aug 12, 2012
I dont believe the lastma side of the story,going by the pics of the car ,that is not a car that killed someone.i have seen examples of cars involved in such incidents and it usually is gory with bllood splashes and major dents including a broken windscreen.she probably took one way and she can be charged for that but not murder.law enforcement in Nigeria is joke is it not the same pieople claiming that 2 different sets of ppple confessed to the same murder in Benin.they just want to pin a case on the lady unjustly.i am a die hard AG,UPN,SDP,AD,ACN supporter but on this their traffic law in Lagos state I am not in support.i was in traffic on Friday and I saw a lastma guy parading a traffic hold up in ilupeju looking for who to arrest for eating while driving.how ridiculous.It seems to me that the Lagos state govt is now taking us the ppple for granted believing that we have no choice forgetting that 2015 is around the corner and change is the only constant in life.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by wellmax(m): 10:32pm On Aug 12, 2012
Pleeeease stop these lies. Yinka Johnson killed someone and a faceless 'eye witness' is trying to divert our attention. There were other LASTMA officials at scene of the incident and they know who really hit their colleague. Mrs Bankker go and face the law. Mtcheeeew.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by ezotik: 10:32pm On Aug 12, 2012
Tafugo: Who on this forum has not taken a one way street in this chaotic Lagos let him cast the first stone.with the construction along the Ajah axis it is stupid to go and turn at ikota after VGC with the traffic when you can safely drive on the verge for one minute and turn at the opening by the Mega chicken. That's the truth the idiots building the road should share the blame they have no consideration for anybody and lack tragic management skills.

people violate traffic laws everywhere in the world, but when u are caught u stop and pay ur fine. that is the ‘enlightened’ thing to do especially for our so-called ‘big men’ and ‘elites’ who probably have spent time abroad where they dared not commit such offense.

fleeing the scene of the offense is another offense of its own. and someone died while she was being chased down to pay her fine, so it was due to her negligence that led to the death of the person. so a few years in jail would be just fine.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Oduola412: 10:36pm On Aug 12, 2012
omosexy1: So what is this suppose to mean? Then why did she flee the scene of incident if her vehicle was stationary and not moving? If she was driving recklessly and they were trying to catch up with her and in the process, the LASTMA officer was hit by a bus, she is then responsible for the death of the LASTMA officer. Actually, that is what driving against traffic (one way) leads to. Because you must be insane to be driving against trafTfic. It is a suicide mission and also endangers the lives of other drivers. While I still feel sorry for her and her family, I consider that she must be literate enough to know that she had committed an offense/crime, stay cool and get the booking. Rather than flee the crime scene. Running away from a crime scene would only get you to commit another crime. Her actions led to the death of the LASTMA officers whether is was her vehicle or some other person's vehicle.b

We all need to be careful, respect traffic rules and learn from this.
. Haha!! In as uch as I don't condone violation of the law.. One must still be rational when trying to judge issues.. There is a very big diff. Btw violating traffic law and Gcommitting Murder/manslaughter.. If an eye witness could confirm it that a danfo driver actually crutched the lasma official to death.. And all evidence proves that the windshield of the danfo was smatched.. I don't see any reason the banker shuld be prosecuted for what she is innocent of.. Let's be fair in adjudication cus only is d best judge.. Pray God vindicate d banker if truely she is innocent of the allegation and also pray God shuld grant the family of the Late LASMA official the fortitude to bear the lost of their own...
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by immaalfred(f): 10:44pm On Aug 12, 2012
it is very easy for us to sit here and pour blames on this young lady the truth is that she made a huge mistake by taking an opposing lane, that offense is huge but i bet you if u have ever had any cause to confront these LASMA guys my dear you will do exactly what that lady did, though its most unfortunate that a life was lost as a result but i tell u most times when confronted with such situation for a woman u must v acted before remembering to think
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by ABsI1: 10:44pm On Aug 12, 2012
Abali1:

Oga, if she did not hit the man down with her car, I believe she should be punished for the traffic violation and not murder/manslaughter. She is not the first person driving against traffic and I believe she will not be the last person.
LET S/HE WHO HAVE NO SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by ABsI1: 10:45pm On Aug 12, 2012
Fork you murder forka

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fani-kayode Sponsors Protest Against Gen. Buhari In UK – APC Reveals / Wike Withdraws Charges Against Caverton Helicopter Pilots, Passengers / Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.