Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness (22817 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / “human Flesh All Over My Car” -eyewitness Account Of This Morning’s Bombing / LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by olatwo(m): 5:52am On Aug 13, 2012
Abali1:

Oga, if she did not hit the man down with her car, I believe she should be punished for the traffic violation and not murder/manslaughter. She is not the first person driving against traffic and I believe she will not be the last person.
LET S/HE WHO HAVE NO SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE

THANK YOU JAWE MY BLOODA, LIKE SOME HAVE NEVER EVEN GONE PASS A WRONG PATH ONE WAY OR THE OTHER IN LIFE. NO 1 IS COVERING ANYTHING BUT, JUSTICE MUST BE DONE. WHY WOULD SHE BE HELD FOR SOMETHING DIDN"T DO. I KNOW THAT THEY WERE TOO OCCUPIED IN THEIR MIND OF HOW MUCH THEY WILL GET HAVING SEEN A LADY BEHIND THE WHEEL THEREFORE LOST THE REAL CULPRIT ON THE CHASE. GOD IS WATCHING sad sad sad
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Deedee49(f): 6:01am On Aug 13, 2012
wellmax: Pleeeease stop these lies. Yinka Johnson killed someone and a faceless 'eye witness' is trying to divert our attention. There were other LASTMA officials at scene of the incident and they know who really hit their colleague. Mrs Bankker go and face the law. Mtcheeeew.

When sometin similar happens to u someday, may u have someone write dis against u!

2 Likes

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by malele(m): 6:35am On Aug 13, 2012
damogulxx: For those who are crying blue murder and demanding for the head of the banker do you even know the exact location this incident occurred? I live in the said area and can authoritatively tell you that this banker is innocent of all accusations. Yes due to the current road construction the people of ikota estate created an outlet for themselves which for maybe 2 to 3 metres they would have to drive against traffic and this was where the banker was stopped. I was on a bike passing through and stopped at the scene of this incident. Banker and her totally clean and undamaged car were parked on the side of the road, banker was out of it and talking on her phone, lastma official was on the ground some meters from her vehicle and a danfo vehicle which was damaged was parked on the road as well. EVERYONE WHO WAS THERE ALL SAID THE DANFO BUS RAN INTO THE LASTMA OFFICIAL as the banker was stationary when it all happened and not a hazard to oncoming traffic since she was not on the move. People need to get their facts right.

THIS WOMAN IS INNOCENT!

FYI IT WOULD TAKE CONSIDERABLE IMPACT FROM A MOVING VEHICLE TO KILL A MAN. IMPACT WHICH WOULD SURELY LEAVE A MARK OR DENT ON A VEHICLE AND HER CAR HAD ABSOLUTELY NON.

Wicked people dey this nairaland a lot, everybody wants to crucify the lady. Without know actually what happened.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by malele(m): 6:39am On Aug 13, 2012
damogulxx:

If you have seen the said one way she took then you would slap the next lastma official you meet and call all of them liars. The road is bumpy and uphill and immidiately she hit the express she was stopped. She was not doing more than perhaps 20 km/hr. In the argument between herself and the lastma official, a towing vehicle was called and this towing vehicle parked right in front of her vehicle in order to block any attempt of escape but by this time she was already out of her vehicle. Another vehicle, a danfo bus was also taking this one way and the lastma official attempted to stop the bus, the driver sped up, hoping the lastma official would jump out of the way but the man was hit and ran over. The driver of the danfo vehicle took to his heels and abandoned the vehicle.

The insinuation by the lastma people who came later was that if her vehicle was not there the man would not have been run over which is plain stupid. All they want to do is make an example of her. She did not commit this crime. Charge her for a traffic offence but for murder?..... All the accusing lastma officials need to get their heads checked.

These lastma people trying to pin that banker even though he is innocent will suffer the same.

1 Like

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 13, 2012
kaecy5:
there is no way she/he may have been doing up to 80km/h, before you can kill a man with speed u have to be on 80km/h and above.

Hello, a vehicle doing 20km/hr can kill. Remember your basic secondary school physics E: 1/2 mv2. Yes, the energy of an impact is directly related to the velocity of the vehicle by the power of 2. One could actually get killed by falling of a chair and knocking your head against an object.

Sad she was at the wrong place at the wrong time, if she had stayed jeje in her lane as a law abiding citizen, all these charges of manslaughter, murder, traffic misdemeanor, road rage, obstruction of justice e.t.c wouldn't have been labeled against her. I can't even imagine the stress she's going through now.

Lesson learnt, let us obey the laws of the land else things could get murky. Even the bible commands it.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by aribisala0(m): 7:15am On Aug 13, 2012
It is possible for a car to kill a man without a dent or scratch.In this case the allegation was "CRUSHED". Can all the armchair forensic experts give it a rest please.
Did the banker kill the man? I don't know and no one here does and all these PSEUDO-FORENSICS will not solve the mystery.
An allegation has been made.If the government have a case or think they do they should charge her to court and if she has a defence she should present her case in court.
That she fled the scene of itself proves Nothing.
Clearly there is an elitist Lekki campaign(IMO) to establish her innocence.That is their right. But a life has been lost and if that means she endures a trial so be it.

Commiserations to the family and colleagues of the LASTMA official.
Their modus operandi of "arresting" vehicles needs to be reviewed.It is NOT safe. Not for the public not for the LASTMEN( grin) Recently Lagos state government made a show of closing down companies for Unsafe work practice. Safety should be for EVERYONE even law enforcement officials. Some acts by Lastma officials can only be described as suicidal. They should have a clear manual of operational guidance on what to do and not do.They should improve the integrity of registration details so that people can be tracked if they flee and they should take more photos/videos of offences and vehicles. Perhaps they need to learn that they can't win always and some offenders will not be apprehended.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by yomz1e(m): 7:18am On Aug 13, 2012
Hmmmm.....I see lots of haters here, just because the banker has status some bad minded people want her head. We have all committed traffic offences in one way or the other, such as asking the okada driver to go through opposite lane, throwing rubbish on the roads, telling danfo driver to stop illegally for you to get down, overtaking unnecessarily and Crossing the roads or motorways obstructing the flowing traffic etc. The simple truth is she broke the law..checked! Did she run over the driver....Unknown So X... What we need here is CSI to investigate the scene of the accident, take the jeep for forensics, perform autopsy on the deceased, make the accusing officers and woman go through a lie detector test and reconstruct the accident for the jury to judge.
So this woman is innocent until proven guilty, also she should have been bailed.My prayers to the grieving family also. But let this be a warning to these so called officials do your job correctly, put deterrent on roads to stop people breaking the law rather than acting like highway thieves hiding in one corner waiting for people to fall into their traps. So until then all you haters of people who have some kind of fortune keep hating, and with that hateful minds you will end up poor and sad. ....mtchewwwww..KMT
If she's found innocent of not killing the driver, the officers and their area commander should be sacked and imprisoned for falsifying evidence and bringing the public to disorder.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by dammygolden: 7:27am On Aug 13, 2012
na
Gbabe 2:

See ur life.So what did was right?She drove against the traffic that led to death a soul while in d line of duty.Let roast there.Its a signal to others.Obey the law of the land
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by monex(m): 7:35am On Aug 13, 2012
the story is still very hazy and all it needs are pictures and witnesses to testify. The lady's story is a far cry from both the Lastma story and the initial defense put up for her: According to her, she didnt run anywhere. if the bus in the picture was the danfo bus dat killed the lastma guy then it should be possible to track the bus na. the registration number, park details etc.

Personally, i would never believe a law enforcement officer over ordinary citizens. My initial guess is that this woman is completely innocent but there is so much room for real evidence in this case.

as for her baby being with her, i guess it was because the baby is still being breastfeed. dont think the police decided to arrest the baby with the mother.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by monex(m): 7:38am On Aug 13, 2012
i think there is a witness here

Doyin Akinlade, a Lagos TV producer, who claimed to be privy to the circumstances leading to her arrest, spoke to YNaija saying that “the LASTMA authorities, for some unexplained reasons are trying to pin the alleged crime on Yinka Johnson whose car was not even moving at the time Hammed Balogun was hit. She did not even see the man being hit.”

He agreed that the banker violated the law by driving against traffic but he insisted that it was not true that she hit the official. He also noted that there was no sign of impact on her car but the said Danfo had its windscreen broken.

She was at the scene with another man who was also in his car."He said that lastma officials were in the process of towing Yinka's car when the late Mr Balogun started fighting with the owner of the other car".And a hard punch from the man in the second car threw the late Mr Balogun into the expressway,where he was crushed by a danfo bus.

Yinka Johnson is a of mother three, including a two month old baby who is reported to be held with her in detention.

https://www.nairaland.com/1015548/banker-didn-t-murder-anyone
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by yomz1e(m): 7:40am On Aug 13, 2012
omosexy1: Why are we being insensitive here? A life has been lost, even if the activities of LASTMA are excessive, we are still talking about a human life here. Lets be honest, that woman cannot claim she is not partly responsible for the loss of that LASTMA officer's life. This is not a case of WE against THEM. The LASTMA officer was trying to do his job, yes we have had bad experience with them including myself, but he lost his life trying to correct a problem. If the woman did not drive against traffic, there would be no need for LASTMA officers to try and arrest her and if the LASTMA officers weren't trying to arrest her, there would be no lost of life (whether it was her or a danfo bus). I feel for the banker, I feel for her family, I also feel for the family of the LASTMA officer because a bread-winner has been lost (what will happen to his children and wife?). To the rest of us, this is a huge lesson for us. We should really think of our actions and the consequences before we commence. Now she is trying to convince the nation that she is innocent. Would a judge really buy that? Would the aggrieved LASTMA family, friends and colleagues buy that? Would even the State Governor really buy that? Because I hear he is really interested in the case. If only she had comply to traffic rules, she wouldn't have gotten into this mess. Please lets us all be guided.

I also believe this case should give rise to public outcry for reorientation of LASTMA officers. They need to be helpful, rather than seeking to make extra bucks.

Please how in your sixpence (cockney for senses) did you acetate that the woman is responsible for the Dead officer, did you even read the story so far? Or the vocals are beyond your reasoning level, can a stationary car kill a fly? The deceased was hit by a fast moving vehicle. He was responsible for his actions, greed and stupidity led to his demise. Ask yourself this question, if you see a crazeman coming towards you with knife will you wait? I saw the picture of the car, I did not see any impact on the landrover . All I can say is Forensics will show the truth of what really happened. The height of the bonnet will be compared to the injuries sustained. Watch discovery channel, you may learn a lot about accidents.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by monex(m): 7:50am On Aug 13, 2012
another loophole is where Edu said that the security agents @ the estate prevented them from entering the estate to arrest Yinka and her car. Yinka however said she went straight to the police. many contradictions here. Is it not possible to confirm from the security agents? I really think this woman is innocent and I wonder why Lastma want to pin this thing on herf. It also goes to show that lots of innocent people are being accused unjustly.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by member479760: 7:56am On Aug 13, 2012
omosexy1: So what is this suppose to mean? Then why did she flee the scene of incident if her vehicle was stationary and not moving? If she was driving recklessly and they were trying to catch up with her and in the process, the LASTMA officer was hit by a bus, she is then responsible for the death of the LASTMA officer. Actually, that is what driving against traffic (one way) leads to. Because you must be insane to be driving against traffic. It is a suicide mission and also endangers the lives of other drivers. While I still feel sorry for her and her family, I consider that she must be literate enough to know that she had committed an offense/crime, stay cool and get the booking. Rather than flee the crime scene. Running away from a crime scene would only get you to commit another crime. Her actions led to the death of the LASTMA officers whether is was her vehicle or some other person's vehicle.

We all need to be careful, respect traffic rules and learn from this.

Exactly, this how it work in YANKEE. are you in YANKEE?

If a car hit your car for back and your car hit the front car and the driver of the front car die, you are not responsible for the death, the driver the hit you for back is responsible. so therefor, the lady is responsible for the death.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by kingparagon1: 8:06am On Aug 13, 2012
omosexy1: So what is this suppose to mean? Then why did she flee the scene of incident if her vehicle was stationary and not moving? If she was driving recklessly and they were trying to catch up with her and in the process, the LASTMA officer was hit by a bus, she is then responsible for the death of the LASTMA officer. Actually, that is what driving against traffic (one way) leads to. Because you must be insane to be driving against traffic. It is a suicide mission and also endangers the lives of other drivers. While I still feel sorry for her and her family, I consider that she must be literate enough to know that she had committed an offense/crime, stay cool and get the booking. Rather than flee the crime scene. Running away from a crime scene would only get you to commit another crime. Her actions led to the death of the LASTMA officers whether is was her vehicle or some other person's vehicle.

We all need to be careful, respect traffic rules and learn from this.
thank u! U hv said it all.

1 Like

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by easydone: 8:07am On Aug 13, 2012
Just last Friday, I was driving home close to the Falomo Bridge in Ikoyi doing about 20kph; suddenly a LASTMA official ran into my front (at 20 mph). I stopped suddenly only for him to apologise that he was actually going for the car behind me who was making a call while driving. I told him point blank "I for don kill you, are you that useless to your family?"

Yes we agree they are on the line of duty but I see the same stupid mistake the suite-less bomb detonator made. How can you jump in front of a moving car just top create a stop so u can catch a law breaker. Why cant we have a technic that traps number and easily put them on the rough driver list. To me, I see hundreds of LASTMA men kicking the bucket in the next few months, quote me.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by wellmax(m): 8:11am On Aug 13, 2012
lanre_front: @Wellmax,

And from the woman's account, she never ran off with her car. If ony that can be proven, it means the police and Lastma are lying.
If the committed the crime, good. But if there is reasonable doubt she didn't, she should not pay for a crime she did not commit.
Personally I'll take the word of ordinary citizens who witnessed the incident over that of Lastma or police officials.

Once again, I'll remind you on the need to focus on issues and not personalities.
That said, you believe the woman's story? hmmm, she never ran off with her car, yet the police had to come before the security men at Okota gate open the gate... Is this logical? If you believe one woman, why would you doubt the police, LASTMA and other well meaning Nigerian at the scene. All you saying the woman is innocent are just doing that because some mischievous persons are sending out some BCs to that effect.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Nurudeen390: 8:20am On Aug 13, 2012
U ar absolutly ryt omosexy
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by yomz1e(m): 8:23am On Aug 13, 2012
4uck all dis! She ain't responsible for the death. Sh has already been apprehended, lasma guy tried to catch another lawbreaker and ended up been tattooed on the road. Simples. I have had it before when the lasma guy was harassing me he told his other officer to stop the other car that was coming towards us at a speed, but smattering guy pretended he wanted to stop it, told his oga, the guy no wan stop, the snr officer told him, you are useless, what area did they bring you from shocked
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by LeJeun3: 8:26am On Aug 13, 2012
Funny how we reason a times. This story we can say for sure that:
1. She was driving against traffic
2. She was stopped by 3 LASTMA officials
3. Somehow, one of dem got hit by a bus
4. She used the commotion to escape from LASTMA officials
5. Since, LASTMA couldn't catch d BUS, they caught d MUM.
6. News reportage in Nigeria is gradually becoming a sham. I think d idea of making tomorrow's news today is a pretty bad one.

1 Like

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by gidig(m): 8:27am On Aug 13, 2012
So many of our people are too stupid to reason with. in a more civilized place, the papers that published that story released by lastma without verifying the claims will be looking for the best lawyers to defend them against libel but we live in a nation where journalists just lazy around town ready to publish stories without verifying them. Many people are still taking the initial story as the truth when people who live around the area, who saw the incident are mad that the crime of the Danfo driver has been blamed on someone else. Its so sad what we have become in this country! So sad!
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by yomz1e(m): 8:31am On Aug 13, 2012
nakedall:

Exactly, this how it work in YANKEE. are you in YANKEE?

If a car hit your car for back and your car hit the front car and the driver of the front car die, you are not responsible for the death, the driver the hit you for back is responsible. so therefor, the lady is responsible for the death.

Totally a different scenario which don't even come close to this situation, pls take your reasonings to another thread! What utter nonsense. So if the banker's car was stolen and stopped by lasma, she's responsible for the death because her car was involved , you might as well blame all beer parlours for drink and drive accident, blame govt for the level of crimes in Nigeria... Kmt!. We are the architects of our lives, we are responsible for our actions in this case only heavens know what was in his mind that made him jump in front of a car, he assumed the alleged driver will stop, and assumption is mother of all 4uck ups!
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by illicit(m): 8:31am On Aug 13, 2012
iragbijile:

Thats what he deserved, he got himself killed. Next time others will use their common sense. My thoughts and prayers are with that innocent 'banker.'
u must be a fool for dis ur comment, dont u av family? imagine if dis guy is ur brother, wud u be saying this? dont u have common human sympathy? its not as if the guy was a common robber or pickpocket, he was ran down on duty! why is ur life like this i wonder wat u do for a living idiot.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by LeJeun3: 8:49am On Aug 13, 2012
[quote author=omosexy1]So what is this suppose to mean?

Omo, I think you got it wrong there abit.
If you've ever had an encounter wit LASTMA or any taskforce, you'll know that:
1. You are guilty of whatever they accused you of whether rightly or wrongly.
2. Your default mode will be how do I get out of this mess.
3. She can't be blamed for the death of the LASTMA official, cause he wasn't at a pedestrian crossing nor was he on d sidewalk and if it is ascertained that she never made contact wit him, how then is she responsible.
4. We don't have wat it takes to solve such cases most of d time.
5. I sympathize with the family of the late LASTMA official.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by anicho(m): 8:56am On Aug 13, 2012
Na wa ooo! ....check out my signature
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by vislabraye(m): 8:56am On Aug 13, 2012
Its citizens vs law enforcement agents. This case can be investigated by experts. But in Nigeria do we have these facilities? Are we ready to take the pain to find out the truth? Things like this should be anticipated and CCTV should be installed in strategic places.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by pss: 9:04am On Aug 13, 2012
I struggle to understand why we cannot examine cases at their merit. The bank drove against the tariff - she should pay the penalty not being charged for murder committed by a danfo driver.

Massage for the Governemnt: If there is CCTV on the road this case would have be easily determined
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by kennytidistar(m): 9:10am On Aug 13, 2012
afam4eva]This is a case of the more you look the less you see. I
just hope a thourough investigation is done to ascertain the culprit.
Btw, what happened to the CCTV introduced by Fashola some time
back?

CCTV or FLTV fashola lagos television, wait o, is there anything like one way in lagos where there is no sign board, traffic light only on few roads and highway code derecognised and fashola himself frustrated the activity of FRSC on lagos road. what do you expect when you make law without putting adequate facility in place though they say where there is no law no offence but then will a law be effective when there is no adequate things in place, federal govt is very careful in making law that will only victimise citizen look @ other state they make law only when things are properly put in place i only pity the family of that lastma sha because fashola is currently enjoying the fine fron another victim God bless naija.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by omosexy1: 9:12am On Aug 13, 2012
I think we are missing out the point here. Already the woman is in jail with her 3 months old baby. Her family and friends are in distress trying to save her neck. A life is already gone. People are aggrieved. A lot of people do not see the wrong with violating traffic rules. The rules are there to avoid issues like this. We need to be abide to the law and not violate it. 2 wrongs does not make a right.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by vanminister: 9:14am On Aug 13, 2012
BANKER

WHAT HAS A PROFESSION GOT TO DO WITH A CRIME

STOP PUTTING 'POWER' TITLES BEFORE CRIMINAL'S NAMES. YOU STUPID LASPOTECH JOURNALIST STOP ELEVATING PEOPLE

BY WHAT THEY DO FOR A LIVING. WHERE HAS THE TITLES MR OR MRS GONE TO?

STOP TRYING TO WIND PEOPLE UP.

WHO IS A BANKER, ANYWAY? LAWLESS ROGUE?
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by gidig(m): 9:15am On Aug 13, 2012
I understand how envious people can get at times when they see a young successful person driving a SUV while they are under the sun, eking out a living. Hating someone because they have what you do not have is a sign that you dont even deserve it in the first place. Investigations have started and witnesses came out to she did not kill the officer. Even though she drove on the wrong way, it is not on the road (it does not make driving that way right). It is a bumpy side path that makes entering the estate easy because of the atrocious and unending road work in Ajah. The other alternative is to go to Ikota and God help you with that as you may be there for one hour. This is something that happened in the open. Anyone can go there to ask what happened. It did not happen in the dark! That is what baffles all reasonable people. All the witnesses are alive. Thank God, they came out when the investigation started.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by aribisala0(m): 9:15am On Aug 13, 2012
i think the cctv argument is trying to insult our intelligence. How many murder convictions or convictions in general are obtained on the basis of CCTV anywhere?. We are talking about an allegation for which there are several witnesses.Let their testimony be heard and other evidence presented before a court. I believe there is enough material for a competent court to make a determination either way. I wonder why there is all this hysteria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode Slams Rotimi Amaechi - God Will Judge You For Your Evil / Sanwo-olu’s Stern Message To SSG, Chief Of Staff / Arzika Tureta Is Dead (Sokoto Commissioner)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.