Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,643 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness (22816 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / “human Flesh All Over My Car” -eyewitness Account Of This Morning’s Bombing / LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by vislabraye(m): 10:54pm On Aug 12, 2012
A simple thing like CCTV would solve this mystery.
As for the road construction the LCC people are just careless. If you drive in Lekki road and you're not familiar with the turns you're likely to have an accident. Fasola should do something about this.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by jhydebaba(m): 11:05pm On Aug 12, 2012
Let's see how event will unfold tomorrow, till then, no comment.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by WinkWrld: 11:13pm On Aug 12, 2012
[quote
author=wellmax]Pleeeease stop these lies. Yinka Johnson killed someone
and a faceless 'eye witness' is trying to divert our attention. There
were other LASTMA officials at scene of the incident and they know who
really hit their colleague. Mrs Bankker go and face the law. Mtcheeeew.
[/quote]

it is obvious u are retard. how can a car that hit someone have no sign of a dent or damage. wake up boi
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by omosexy1: 11:17pm On Aug 12, 2012
Why are we being insensitive here? A life has been lost, even if the activities of LASTMA are excessive, we are still talking about a human life here. Lets be honest, that woman cannot claim she is not partly responsible for the loss of that LASTMA officer's life. This is not a case of WE against THEM. The LASTMA officer was trying to do his job, yes we have had bad experience with them including myself, but he lost his life trying to correct a problem. If the woman did not drive against traffic, there would be no need for LASTMA officers to try and arrest her and if the LASTMA officers weren't trying to arrest her, there would be no lost of life (whether it was her or a danfo bus). I feel for the banker, I feel for her family, I also feel for the family of the LASTMA officer because a bread-winner has been lost (what will happen to his children and wife?). To the rest of us, this is a huge lesson for us. We should really think of our actions and the consequences before we commence. Now she is trying to convince the nation that she is innocent. Would a judge really buy that? Would the aggrieved LASTMA family, friends and colleagues buy that? Would even the State Governor really buy that? Because I hear he is really interested in the case. If only she had comply to traffic rules, she wouldn't have gotten into this mess. Please lets us all be guided.

I also believe this case should give rise to public outcry for reorientation of LASTMA officers. They need to be helpful, rather than seeking to make extra bucks.

2 Likes

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:32pm On Aug 12, 2012
WinkWrld: I LIVE AROUND THE AREA WHERE THE ACCIDENT HAPPEND AND CAN CONFIRM TO YOU ALL THAT IT WAS A DANFO BUS THAT CRUSHED THE LASTMA OFFICIAL AS WE ALL CAME OUT WHEN WE HEARD THE SOUND OF THE MOVING VEHICLE HIT THE OFFICIAL. A DANFO BUS WITH BADLY DAMAGED FRONT AND WINDSCREEN WAS SEEN TO HAVE HIT THE OFFICIAL. THIS MAKES IT THE 5TH PERSON BEING KILLED AROUND THAT AREA. I ALSO HEARD A SAD NEWS TODAY THAT A MAN WAS ALSO KILLED THIS MORNING BY A MOVING CAR. THIS AGAIN, BRINGS THE TOTAL NUMBER OF CASUALTY TO BE 6. ALL THIS WITHIN A PERIOD OF ONE MONTH.
I WILL RECOMMEND THAT THE LCC COMPANY SHOULD BE HELD LIABLE FOR THESE ACCIDENTS AS THE ROAD LACK ROAD SIGNS ; SPEED LIMIT, U-TURN SIGN, ZEBRA CROSSING AND SLOW SPEED SIGN POST.
MAY THEIR SOULS RIP
NB; THERE IS A SCHOOL IN THE AREA WHERE CHILDREN CROSS AT INTERVALS, AND THIS HAS NOT HIT THE BRAINS OF THE LCC THAT CAUTION SIGNS SHOULD BE INSTALLED UPTILL DATE.
VERY TERRIBLE INDEED.

Please please and please, this makes u a credible witness to the scene of d crime. If you can, try to come forward and let d public know what exactly you saw. That Yinka did not kill the Lastma official.tahanks so much.

There are way too many "witch hunters" here on Nairaland itching to pin blame on this poor woman. One minute they say she killed him and ran into Ikota. When new evidence come up, they change their mouth n maintain she was still at fault and ask y she "ran away" even after others have posted updated news on d matter. Justice must prevail at d end.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 12, 2012
it is very easy to condemn people jailing an innnocent woman would it bring back the dead Lastma guy?? No
read the story in between the lines u can deduce the following
1. she walked to go and call her husband, which means she did not run away with the car
2. due to the construction, residence of ikota take that way which is one way on normal occasion. every where in the world during road construction, the construction crew determines the direction of the road traffic for that period. if not all of us are guilty for driving one way on 3rd mainland every morning since the construction
3. the police should do their work and not just hang an innocent woman. where is the danfo. can they prove beyond all reasonable doubt that there was no danfo bus in the picture??
4. even if she wins the case at the end i am only sorry for her because she would be locked up maybe for years awaiting trial with nigerian crazy system
5. what crime did the baby commit that she was always kept behind the counter at the police station

u cannot correct a wrong with another wrong.

1 Like

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by propofol: 11:53pm On Aug 12, 2012
this incidence just goes to show a glimpse of some of the things wrong with this country, why did she take one-way? why did he stand in front of a moving vehicle? why did she run? Are you saying that there were no witnesses in the area? Why cant someone come out and say the truth? why cant the police investigate the car and the crash site? SO many whys? HONESTLY WE ALL NEED TO CHANGE IN ALL SPHERES OF OUR LIVES.
One last why.Why are people always abusing each other especially at this website. Lets agree to disagree without being disagreable.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by wellmax(m): 11:54pm On Aug 12, 2012
WinkWrld: it is obvious u are retard. how can a car that hit someone have no sign of a dent or damage. wake up boi
Well done oga 'fastpoke', the gatemen locked the gate τ̅☺ the estate for hours, any 'fastpoke' like you would have cleaned the vehicle by that time. And mind you she hit a human being not a trailer, were you expecting a prominent dent?
A note of advice, learn to address issues and not personalities.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by danidon: 11:55pm On Aug 12, 2012
so where is the danfo driver so that he will give his own side of the story.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by damogulxx: 11:55pm On Aug 12, 2012
For those who are crying blue murder and demanding for the head of the banker do you even know the exact location this incident occurred? I live in the said area and can authoritatively tell you that this banker is innocent of all accusations. Yes due to the current road construction the people of ikota estate created an outlet for themselves which for maybe 2 to 3 metres they would have to drive against traffic and this was where the banker was stopped. I was on a bike passing through and stopped at the scene of this incident. Banker and her totally clean and undamaged car were parked on the side of the road, banker was out of it and talking on her phone, lastma official was on the ground some meters from her vehicle and a danfo vehicle which was damaged was parked on the road as well. EVERYONE WHO WAS THERE ALL SAID THE DANFO BUS RAN INTO THE LASTMA OFFICIAL as the banker was stationary when it all happened and not a hazard to oncoming traffic since she was not on the move. People need to get their facts right.

THIS WOMAN IS INNOCENT!

FYI IT WOULD TAKE CONSIDERABLE IMPACT FROM A MOVING VEHICLE TO KILL A MAN. IMPACT WHICH WOULD SURELY LEAVE A MARK OR DENT ON A VEHICLE AND HER CAR HAD ABSOLUTELY NON.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by wellmax(m): 12:04am On Aug 13, 2012
Yinka Johnson is guilty as charged!
Madam stop the crocodile tears and the 'my three month old baby, my CS stitches story, we won't buy it.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by wellmax(m): 12:10am On Aug 13, 2012
damogulxx:
FYI IT WOULD TAKE CONSIDERABLE IMPACT FROM A MOVING VEHICLE TO KILL A MAN. IMPACT WHICH WOULD SURELY LEAVE A MARK OR DENT ON A VEHICLE AND HER CAR HAD ABSOLUTELY NON.
I doubt if you've witness a car hitting someone before. The doesn't neccsarily have a dent, she hit him down and crushed him, do tyres have dent? I bet we don't need τ̅☺ see a dent or any blood stains. I'd been in a car that killed someone and there wasn't a single dent or blood stains.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 13, 2012
@wellmax

since you are 100% so sure the woman killed the lastma official?? what gives you this so much confidence to condemn some one when u were not there, u did not witness it, u only heard about it but u are already condemning the woman

well let me wish u the same, since u want them to kill the woman even if there is a %chase she is innocent, let it happen to you to, when u are in a similar situation even with a % chance you are innocent let them kill you too.

stop wishing evil on people. u sound like u know this woman personally and she had wronged you before now.

she is driving one way one a rough road, there is no way she may have been doing up to 80km/h, before you can kill a man with speed u have to be on 80km/h and above.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by ezotik: 12:17am On Aug 13, 2012
damogulxx: For those who are crying blue murder and demanding for the head of the banker do you even know the exact location this incident occurred? I live in the said area and can authoritatively tell you that this banker is innocent of all accusations. Yes due to the current road construction the people of ikota estate created an outlet for themselves which for maybe 2 to 3 metres they would have to drive against traffic and this was where the banker was stopped. I was on a bike passing through and stopped at the scene of this incident. Banker and her totally clean and undamaged car were parked on the side of the road, banker was out of it and talking on her phone, lastma official was on the ground some meters from her vehicle and a danfo vehicle which was damaged was parked on the road as well. EVERYONE WHO WAS THERE ALL SAID THE DANFO BUS RAN INTO THE LASTMA OFFICIAL as the banker was stationary when it all happened and not a hazard to oncoming traffic since she was not on the move. People need to get their facts right.

THIS WOMAN IS INNOCENT!

so why did the danfo hit the lastma official? and why would they pin the death on her out of everyone there if she had nothing to do with it? why didnt they pin it on u since u were there?

so what u are trying make people believe is that danfo driver ran into a lastma official and killed him, then lastma decided to pin the crime on a banker wey be 'oga madam' who had nothing to do with it? so the danfo driver is more influential than this madam? shocked abegi!
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Seun(m): 12:19am On Aug 13, 2012
Na wa.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by damogulxx: 12:27am On Aug 13, 2012
ezotik:

so why did the danfo hit the lastma official? and why would they pin the death on her out of everyone there if she had nothing to do with it? why didnt they pin it on u since u were there?

so what u are trying make people believe is that danfo driver ran into a lastma official and killed him, then lastma decided to pin the crime on a banker wey be 'oga madam' who had nothing to with it? so the danfo driver is more influential than this madam? shocked abegi!

If you have seen the said one way she took then you would slap the next lastma official you meet and call all of them liars. The road is bumpy and uphill and immidiately she hit the express she was stopped. She was not doing more than perhaps 20 km/hr. In the argument between herself and the lastma official, a towing vehicle was called and this towing vehicle parked right in front of her vehicle in order to block any attempt of escape but by this time she was already out of her vehicle. Another vehicle, a danfo bus was also taking this one way and the lastma official attempted to stop the bus, the driver sped up, hoping the lastma official would jump out of the way but the man was hit and ran over. The driver of the danfo vehicle took to his heels and abandoned the vehicle.

The insinuation by the lastma people who came later was that if her vehicle was not there the man would not have been run over which is plain stupid. All they want to do is make an example of her. She did not commit this crime. Charge her for a traffic offence but for murder?..... All the accusing lastma officials need to get their heads checked.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Biggyd2: 12:29am On Aug 13, 2012
Strangely, we haven't seen any picture of the accident scene. No picture of the danfo or the lady's car. And no CCTV recordings. Without proof, this case is DOA in court! Even if she did commit this crime(without adequate evidence), with a good lawyer, nothing will happen. The law they say is an a.s.s. My earnest prayer is that justice should be done.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by ezotik: 12:51am On Aug 13, 2012
damogulxx:

If you have seen the said one way she took then you would slap the next lastma official you meet and call all of them liars. The road is bumpy and uphill and immidiately she hit the express she was stopped. She was not doing more than perhaps 20 km/hr. In the argument between herself and the lastma official, a towing vehicle was called and this towing vehicle parked right in front of her vehicle in order to block any attempt of escape but by this time she was already out of her vehicle. Another vehicle, a danfo bus was also taking this one way and the lastma official attempted to stop the bus, the driver sped up, hoping the lastma official would jump out of the way but the man was hit and ran over. The driver of the danfo vehicle took to his heels and abandoned the vehicle.

The insinuation by the lastma people who came later was that if her vehicle was not there the man would not have been run over which is plain stupid. All they want to do is make an example of her. She did not commit this crime. Charge her for a traffic offence but for murder?..... All the accusing lastma officials need to get their heads checked.

ur comment kind of makes sense since i have not been around that area since this year and i know how fast lagos can change. i thought she hid in Ikota Shopping Complex..so where did the incident take place? between VGC and Abraham Adesanya or between VGC and Chevron?

anyway, if u are sure of what u are saying u can go and bear witness for her..but one thing i know is that there are a lot of dumb and impatient drivers around that zone and lastma is not always to blame.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by damogulxx: 12:59am On Aug 13, 2012
ezotik:

ur comment kind of make sense since i have not been around that area since this year and i know how fast lagos can change. i thought she hid in Ikota Shopping Complex..so where did the incidence take place? between VCG and Abraham Adesanya or between VGC and Chevron?

anyway, if u are sure of what u are saying u can go and bear witness for her..but one thing i know is that there are a lot of dumb and impatient drivers around that zone and lastma is not always to blame.

it happened between Chevron (second toll gate) and VGC
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by mavinc4u(f): 1:27am On Aug 13, 2012
omosexy1: So what is this suppose to mean? Then why did she flee the scene of incident if her vehicle was stationary and not moving? If she was driving recklessly and they were trying to catch up with her and in the process, the LASTMA officer was hit by a bus, she is then responsible for the death of the LASTMA officer. Actually, that is what driving against traffic (one way) leads to. Because you must be insane to be driving against traffic. It is a suicide mission and also endangers the lives of other drivers. While I still feel sorry for her and her family, I consider that she must be literate enough to know that she had committed an offense/crime, stay cool and get the booking. Rather than flee the crime scene. Running away from a crime scene would only get you to commit another crime. Her actions led to the death of the LASTMA officers whether is was her vehicle or some other person's vehicle.

We all need to be careful, respect traffic rules and learn from this.

which rules if i may ask? if a town doesn't have a head then that town is useless.I think we are all bending all the issues at hand.is there any sign that shows a one way drive in lagos or rather Nigeria as a whole?what government does is to wake up in the morning and decide a one way drive road or close the existing one,will they put it on news if it happens or do they expect us all to leave everywhere in lagos to know which roads are one way or not.it bugs me when some people will come here and start comparing Nigeria with what happens in America or UK.How are you sure she knows the road is a one way drive,i was at an area one time and a woman drove into a one way drive road and she was stopped by people around telling her that this is a one way drive and she screamed like;oh my God i didn't know,am sorry.i bet you if lastma was there,they would have arrested her without finding out if she knows about that area.i think government should put a sign indication on the roads and not lastma as a sign indication cos their job is to wait for people to commit an offence before they will come out.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by wellmax(m): 1:32am On Aug 13, 2012
kaecy5: @wellmax

u did not witness it, u only heard about it but u are already condemning the woman

well let me wish u the same, since u want them to kill the woman even if there is a %chase she is innocent, let it happen to you to, when u are in a similar situation even with a % chance you are innocent let them kill you too.
You did not witness it too

kaecy5: she is driving one way one a rough road, there is no way she may have been doing up to 80km/h, before you can kill a man with speed u have to be on 80km/h and above.
If the road is bad like your cospiracy theory is proposing, how did the Danfo, a loaded Danfo kill the LASTMA official. That reminds me, were there not persengers in the Danfo bus? Let them come out and tell us. Don't bring emotion into this
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by mavinc4u(f): 1:33am On Aug 13, 2012
ezotik:

but not in her case. lekki-ajah is an express road so there is no way she wouldn't know. she is probably one of those money miss road 'oga madam' becos for security men to shut down the gates of ikota trying to hide her, she nor go be 'small' person.

guy na that one dey pain you.che!!! naija
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by ezotik: 1:53am On Aug 13, 2012
mavinc4u:

guy na that one dey pain you.che!!! naija

guy, why u feel say na dat one dey pain me.kai!! naija indeed
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by ladygaga(f): 2:34am On Aug 13, 2012
sigh people are just shallow damn
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by redcliff: 2:51am On Aug 13, 2012
I wouldn't say the lastma guy did not deserve what he got atleast it would serve as a warning sign to others . If you see the lengths to which these guys go in order to accost vehicles, you'l be suprised. Some even go as far as lying down on d bonnet of the vehicle as if to say 'ah see food money don come o'. I just hope others would be very careful and don't go to extremes to stop vehicles they 'can't' stop.

Simple!!! Just let them go.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Nobody: 3:27am On Aug 13, 2012
Y would any sane person drive against traffic? The roads along that axis are clearly demarcated, and there is no way she wouldn't know that she's driving wrongly, and it is an expressway for that matter. I pity her, I pity her family.may she get out of this soon. Amen. This is a lesson to us all. If she hadnot violated traffic rules, no one would have accused her of committing such a crime.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by dowjones(m): 3:45am On Aug 13, 2012
I have always had a firm belief that some of the idiotic posters on NL are non lagos residents because the level of their ignorance baffles me ! some people are actually fighting for LASTMA!.. the world is surely coming to an end !

I should start a thread on "narrate your bad experience with LASTMA ". the level of corruption in the police and LASTMA is beyond incredible but LASTMA is worse cos they are paid higher.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Nobody: 4:54am On Aug 13, 2012
If she didnt drive against traffic, there was no way they would be holding her responsible for the death of the LASTHMA officer. She is not any better than the that waited patiently in traffic, we all won't Nigeria to change, yet, we don't wanna be part of the change. I mean, it is as simple as following the law. If she was on vacation outside Nigeria, I dare her to try what she did. So why do people act like they are beyond control? I'm not saying she's guilty of any murder, but if she wasnt reckless in her driving, she'd not be in the mess she's got herself into. Good lesson for her.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by lanrefront1(m): 4:59am On Aug 13, 2012
@Wellmax,

Are you sure you are alright? I don't think you are. Or do you work at Lastma? You do not even know whayt really happened. And from the woman's account, she never ran off with her car. If ony that can be proven, it means the police and Lastma are lying.

If the committed the crime, good. But if there is reasonable doubt she didn't, she should not pay for a crime she did not commit.

Personally I'll take the word of ordinary citizens who witnessed the incident over that of Lastma or police officials.

Serously if a car had being stoped, and the Lastma officials were right with her at the spot, the car can't get enough speed taking off to kill a man on the spot. It has to be already on motion. Something is wrong in the story.

Then why would you detain a two months baby with the mother? Is that necessary? Does it makes any sense? It only proves that the police are barbaric.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by olumidazz: 5:26am On Aug 13, 2012
@damogluxx your account is most credible here anyway, it correlates with her claim that the lastma official that was hit was not even the same official that accosted her, by and large I really don't think this will be a very good case to frame the accused if in fact she is innocent of the murder crime. There have been a lot of sensless an unrealistic accounts here relating to dent of car, speed of car, and why she took to her heels, these accounts are really not relevant and may not be admissible in proving the crime, why don't u guys allow the law take its course before pointing accusing fingers,if she is innocent of crime I can assure you she will be absolved of the crime even if the 200 lastma officials testify against her.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by surveycash(m): 5:37am On Aug 13, 2012
Yeske!:
Driving against traffic is one thing and accusing her of murder is another, eye witnesses reported a bus did and even had its windscreen shattered. I only hope those around will come out and tell the world what they saw and the case properly investigated.

We won't be here if she hadn't broken the law...
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Deedee49(f): 5:46am On Aug 13, 2012
ebamma: whether na danfo kill am or na okada kill the moral of this story is that he is dead

You might wanna read the story again to get the real moral lesson!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: APC Senators Frustrate Move To Summon Buhari / HURIWA: Hardship, Fuel Scarcity: You’ll Go To Hell If You Don’t Protest / Femi Fani-kayode Slams Rotimi Amaechi - God Will Judge You For Your Evil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.