Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,540 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness (22815 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / “human Flesh All Over My Car” -eyewitness Account Of This Morning’s Bombing / LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by elledoe(f): 9:50am On Aug 13, 2012
Its only God dat can help her I pity the 2mnths baby to d lastma official dats lost his life RIP and dis will be a lesson to all lastma officialI
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by serty1: 10:01am On Aug 13, 2012
this is the stationary SUV dat lastma said killed its official ..............so pathetic.....no dent , scratch or blood stain

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Biggyd2: 10:03am On Aug 13, 2012
serty1: this is the stationary SUV dat lastma said killed its official ..............so pathetic.....no dent , scratch or blood stain

Finally, something to go by. It doesn't look dented. I will want to believe that this was after the arrest because the lady is not in the drivers seat. Looks empty to me. Thanks a million. Please does anyone have a picture of this danfo? And please people, anyone that saw this accident happen, should please go and make a statement at the police station. LET JUSTICE BE DONE!!!

1 Like

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by omosexy1: 10:14am On Aug 13, 2012
aribisala0: i think the cctv argument is trying to insult our intelligence. How many murder convictions or convictions in general are obtained on the basis of CCTV anywhere?. We are talking about an allegation for which there are several witnesses.Let their testimony be heard and other evidence presented before a court. I believe there is enough material for a competent court to make a determination either way. I wonder why there is all this hysteria

Well said. Let the Court decide.

1 Like

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Series22(m): 10:21am On Aug 13, 2012
Deedee49:

When sometin similar happens to u someday, may u have someone write dis against u!
my friend stop being emotional, wat of d official dat died? If she's innocent, allow d jury 2 dcide. Make she stop all dis 3months baby and ceasaran section story.. We d vex. R.I.P OFFICER
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by lanrefront1(m): 10:21am On Aug 13, 2012
Hey, I am focusing on personalities and not issues. But you needed to be asked "if you are well". All over the thread you have been crucifying the woman as if you were actually there. As if you know all this things for a fact.

I didn't say I believe the woman's story. I said I'll believe the story of witnesses over that of the police or Lastma. In this our Nigeria, can you honestly say there is not reasonable cause to say that due to precedence.

You said people are saying the woman is innocent because of some BB mesages being around. I've not seen any and I'm not even saying she's innocent.

So you accusing people of this, what reason do you have for al the screaming at the top of your writing-voice that she is guilty? It had better be because you were present when the events happened.

Imagine, listen to yourself, you said "hmmm, she never ran off with
her car, yet the police had to come
before the security men at Okota gate
open the gate... Is this logical?" You are saying it as if you were there. You heard about it the same way your alledged BB message recipients heard about it. So how come you their accuser is not exersing more wisdom?

wellmax:

Once again, I'll remind you on the need to focus on issues and not personalities.
That said, you believe the woman's story? hmmm, she never ran off with her car, yet the police had to come before the security men at Okota gate open the gate... Is this logical? If you believe one woman, why would you doubt the police, LASTMA and other well meaning Nigerian at the scene. All you saying the woman is innocent are just doing that because some mischievous persons are sending out some BCs to that effect.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 13, 2012
gidig: I understand how envious people can get at times when they see a young successful person driving a SUV while they are under the sun, eking out a living. Hating someone because they have what you do not have is a sign that you dont even deserve it in the first place

OMG! How do you know they are hating? Are they not doing their job? Why do you judge others? You must be wicked if that's how you feel about law enforcement officers working in the hot African Sun because you earn more than they do. Pride goes before destruction. Atleast give them the respect they deserve i.e the law enforcement officers (Police, FRSC, Fire brigades, Soldiers e.t.c). They are doing a tough job even with the meagre salary they earn.

Your statement here is very rude and callous. No wonder military guys brutalise the civilian populace at the slightest opportunity in Nigeria cos they know this is your thoughts towards them. Contribute to the topic and not how people react to others driving a Lamborghini.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by annamaria: 10:22am On Aug 13, 2012
The woman's side of the story is the side I heard on Friday before the newspapers and Lastma carried the fake news. They should just go to that Zenith bank opposite that turning. They witnessed it and they were the ones telling the story on Friday. People have come forward to vindicate this woman. No one says driving against traffic is a good thing but if you live around that axis and understand that road and with the construction going on and the point at which people make that turn, you will be less critical of the people who try to use that turning by driving one-way on the edge of the road to make that turn in front of Zenith Bank. The nearest turn is to go all the way to VGC. That turning is completely useless to people who need to use it. Lastma officials lay siege on that spot daily just to exploit the situation. Pathetic lot!
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by aribisala0(m): 10:27am On Aug 13, 2012
We can all see a campaign for what it is ! You post a photo telling this is the vehicle in question and go on to say NO DENT NO BLOOD

Must there be a dent?
Did the deceased bleed at all?.
What was the cause of death.
Was he knocked down and trampled under
We do not know any of this so let us calm down.

We are told he was CRUSHED which could mean anything.

There is no way any sensible person can draw conclusions without listening to testimony from witnesses of which there are some. Any accuesed person should have the opportunity to challenge and cross-examine these witnesses.
All this trial by photo convinces no one.How many deaths by collision and vehicles involved have you studied to pronounce on what the forensic signature of a car involved in a killing must look like.
It is a simple matter.Trial is is COURT and NOT the Internet. Of course she remains innocent until proven guilty.

2 Likes

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by lanrefront1(m): 10:27am On Aug 13, 2012
wellmax:

Once again, I'll remind you on the need to focus on issues and not personalities.
That said, you believe the woman's story? hmmm, she never ran off with her car, yet the police had to come before the security men at Okota gate open the gate... Is this logical? If you believe one woman, why would you doubt the police, LASTMA and other well meaning Nigerian at the scene. All you saying the woman is innocent are just doing that because some mischievous persons are sending out some BCs to that effect.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by chiborado: 10:32am On Aug 13, 2012
She committed a traffic offence and must be charged for it.
But if its proved beyond reasonable doubt that she did not hit the Lastma James Bond, then she cannot be responsible. Though she may be linked to the complicity leading to the event.
For Christ sake, why would someone here declare her guilty of a crime with 2 versions?
Legally she is innocent till proven guilty in the law court with documentary evidence.
A lot of people here makes biased comments. Its a pity.

I repeat, she should be handed the applicable traffic sentence if actually she went the wrong way.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by aribisala0(m): 10:37am On Aug 13, 2012
One thing that I find quite puzzling is this.

WE ARE ASKED TO BELIEVE THAT:
A LASTMA official is killed by a Danfo driver.
This is witnessed by several members of the public.Other LASTMA officials presumably witness the killing of a colleague and what do they do?
They ignore the driver and choose to PIN it on someone else.So Where is the Danfo guy?
Did the LASTMA officials make this decision ON THE SPOT or after hours of consultation.

WHY?

Any thinking person cannot be satisfied with this,not really. A court needs to hear more. At the very least if not a trial certainly a coroner's court.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by aribisala0(m): 10:42am On Aug 13, 2012
chiborado: She committed a traffic offence and must be charged for it.
But if its proved beyond reasonable doubt that she did not hit the Lastma James Bond, then she cannot be responsible. Though she may be linked to the complicity leading to the event.
For Christ sake, why would someone here declare her guilty of a crime with 2 versions?
Legally she is innocent till proven guilty in the law court with documentary evidence.
A lot of people here makes biased comments. Its a pity.

I repeat, she should be handed the applicable traffic sentence if actually she went the wrong way.

A bit of contradiction here i am afraid what applies for the traffic offence applies to the killing
For both she is Innocent until proven guilty
Why are you suggesting only punishment for the traffic offence as if you have already found her guilty. you say "SHE COMMITTED". It is an allegation.
She should be charged for both allegations and remains innocent until proven guilty
If found guilty of either offence she must pay the price that is all there is to it
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Redstone(m): 10:55am On Aug 13, 2012
This matter is very simple. Accident investigator should carry out a thorough check to determine if there are signs on the car that will suggest that the bankers car actually hit the lastma official. I think a proper forensic will do the job.

If there is an eye witness account, then it should be followed by a forensic, if proved, the woman only has to face charges on traffic violation only. The deceased lastma official may actually be chasing another traffic offender before the incident happened. lekki/Ajah axis is prone to traffic violation more than any other road in Lagos apparently due to the heavy traffic and no alternative routes.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by propofol: 11:50am On Aug 13, 2012
aribisala0: We can all see a campaign for what it is ! You post a photo telling this is the vehicle in question and go on to say NO DENT NO BLOOD

Must there be a dent?

There is no way any sensible person can draw conclusions without listening to testimony from witnesses of which there are some. Any accuesed person should have the opportunity to challenge and cross-examine these witnesses.
All this trial by photo convinces no one.How many deaths by collision and vehicles involved have you studied to pronounce on what the forensic signature of a car involved in a killing must look like.
It is a simple matter.Trial is is COURT and NOT the Internet. Of course she remains innocent until proven guilty.
THE ABOVE STATEMENT IS JUST EMBARRASSING TO SAY THE LEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!haba.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by ezotik: 12:18pm On Aug 13, 2012
hmmmm ... if that's really the scene of the incident, the road seems free with no hold-up. so why was she blowing one way? she nor wan go turn for front.. throw her azz in jail and keep her there.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by aribisala0(m): 1:08pm On Aug 13, 2012
propofol:
THE ABOVE STATEMENT IS JUST EMBARRASSING TO SAY THE LEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!haba.

Do you have anything to say?

go to school and learn how to join ideas together and then how to communicate that with others.

1 Like

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by emmatok(m): 1:21pm On Aug 13, 2012
Redstone: This matter is very simple. Accident investigator should carry out a thorough check to determine if there are signs on the car that will suggest that the bankers car actually hit the lastma official. I think a proper forensic will do the job.

If there is an eye witness account, then it should be followed by a forensic, if proved, the woman only has to face charges on traffic violation only. The deceased lastma official may actually be chasing another traffic offender before the incident happened. lekki/Ajah axis is prone to traffic violation more than any other road in Lagos apparently due to the heavy traffic and no alternative routes.

Traffic offence is a MISDEMEANOR and not FELONY.

People are being killed on that road with or without one-way driving.

And the LATSMA officials lied she ran away with the Jeep, when they LATSMA acctualy towed the Jeep themselves from the crime scene to the Polices station.

LATSMA IS NOT TELL US THE TRUTH HERE.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by omosexy1: 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2012
emmatok:

Traffic offence is a MISDEMEANOR and not FELONY.

People are being killed on that road with or without one-way driving.

And the LATSMA officials lied she ran away with the Jeep, when they LATSMA acctualy towed the Jeep themselves from the crime scene to the Polices station.

LATSMA IS NOT TELL US THE TRUTH HERE.

Please read the recent traffic law. You might go to jail for breaking some laws.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by emmatok(m): 1:51pm On Aug 13, 2012
omosexy1:

Please read the recent traffic law. You might go to jail for breaking some laws.

Well, thier is a difference between MISDEMEANOR and FELONY.

Traffic offence can NEVER be a FELONY.

Now the killing of the LATSMA guy by who-ever is not s traffic offence but a FELONY.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by wellmax(m): 4:01pm On Aug 13, 2012
lanre_front:

Hey, I am focusing on personalities and not issues.
You have said it all, why am I wasting time trying to convince you.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by abacus(m): 4:57pm On Aug 13, 2012
chucky234: Watching as this drama unfold....
LASTMA + Danfo - woman = death
Equation solved

No

(woman * Danfo) + LASTMA = death
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by abacus(m): 5:14pm On Aug 13, 2012
aribisala0:
A bit of contradiction here i am afraid what applies for the traffic offence applies to the killing
For both she is Innocent until proven guilty
Why are you suggesting only punishment for the traffic offence as if you have already found her guilty. you say "SHE COMMITTED". It is an allegation.
She should be charged for both allegations and remains innocent until proven guilty
If found guilty of either offence she must pay the price that is all there is to it

Oga lawyer, is driving 1-way an offence or not?
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by by2k(m): 5:33pm On Aug 13, 2012
Friends, let's learn the lessons, and acknowlegde the fact that: Both the driver and LASTMA guy could've been anyone of us. Depending on d circumstances.
If d lady is innocent, imagine being in her shoes! Also, imagine being crushed by a car, if U̶̲̥̅̊ were d official.
Lesson(s) 1: Obey traffic rules
2: Be careful while on duty, life has no duplicate.
3: Justice demands truth.
4: The punishment of the innocent
is antithetical(opposite) to justice
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by gidig(m): 6:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
Thank God. One of the occupants of the Danfo bus that actually killed the Lastma officer has come to Panti to confirm that Yinka did not kill the man. Great piece of news. More witnesses are coming. God answers prayers.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by aribisala0(m): 7:06pm On Aug 13, 2012
abacus:

Oga lawyer, is driving 1-way an offence or not?
No it is a defence
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by aribisala0(m): 7:16pm On Aug 13, 2012
emmatok:

Well, thier is a difference between MISDEMEANOR and FELONY.

Traffic offence can NEVER be a FELONY.

Now the killing of the LATSMA guy by who-ever is not s traffic offence but a FELONY.
A felony is an offence that may attract a prison sentence or worse. so I really don't get where this NEVER comes from. Many traffic offences are felonies e.g Driving while banned,driving under the influence etc. driving without insurance,failing to stop at an accident scene etc

Ultimately it is not the NATURE of an Offence that makes it a felony but the PENALTY attached.
This varies from place to place
So while adultery is not a felony in MOST countries it is in some. It is my understanding that the particular offence she is alleged to have committed is a felony in Lagos state
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by nativedoctor(m): 8:04pm On Aug 13, 2012
THESE NAIRALANDERS ARE CRAZY!!!

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by nefertitiram: 8:07pm On Aug 13, 2012
Series22: my friend stop being emotional, wat of d official dat died? If she's innocent, allow d jury 2 dcide. Make she stop all dis 3months baby and ceasaran section story.. We d vex. R.I.P OFFICER

Jury no dey Naija, thanks for your contribution.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by wellmax(m): 8:41pm On Aug 13, 2012
gidig: Thank God. One of the occupants of the Danfo bus that actually killed the Lastma officer has come to Panti to confirm that Yinka did not kill the man. Great piece of news. More witnesses are coming. God answers prayers.

LIER, LIER, LIER
Do you think a Danfo will kill a person and the occupants of the Danfo allow it escape. Think with your hind brain.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by wellmax(m): 8:44pm On Aug 13, 2012
aribisala0: We can all see a campaign for what it is ! You post a photo telling this is the vehicle in question and go on to say NO DENT NO BLOOD

Must there be a dent?

Guy, you've said it all.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by aspabay(m): 8:55pm On Aug 13, 2012
I see a grand conspiracy by some Lekki elites to win public symphaty for this woman and make us believe she's innocent.
The TRUTH will be revealed soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hamza Al-Mustapha Wins PPN Presidential Ticket / Senator Haliru Jika Shares 55 Cars, 96 Motorcycles, 83 Keke In Bauchi / Fuel Scarcity: APC Senators Frustrate Move To Summon Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.