Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC (9894 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm Again, Kill OPC Security Guard / I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff / GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by Angel778(f): 12:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
chucky234: I can hardly attach a meaning to your post,what trend are you talking about? You registered on NL yesterday,wake up this morning and decided to diss me. Bad news girl because you made the wrong choice,your albino eyes could not tell the difference between Chuck and Chuks. Since when did Chuck become an Igbo name?
oldtimer on nairaland, how many medals have u won since u'v been a member, and what are ur achievement? I am waiting.
Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by Dsage1: 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2012
noblezone: When the OPC speaks like this:

You must realise that it is not love for Jonathan nor even for Nigeria.

It is playing the politics on Nigeria. OPC is throwing the darts at Arewa, Jonathan only happens to be at the centre.

And let me still voice my opinion: we should and must call for a national conference.

If we dont do it now, Nigeria will surely fragment. If not now, later.

But why are you guys keeps clamoring for SNC? If SNC were to happen today,it won't be different from normal section in the National assembly. Remember,your representatives could easily be bought with money by those mallams in favor of this wrong entity called Nigeria. I preferred referendum as it happen in Sudan.
Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by Angel778(f): 12:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
chucky234: I can hardly attach a meaning to your post,what trend are you talking about? You registered on NL yesterday,wake up this morning and decided to diss me. Bad news girl because you made the wrong choice,your albino eyes could not tell the difference between Chuck and Chuks. Since when did Chuck become an Igbo name?
oldtimer on nairaland, how many medals have u won since u'v been a member, and what are ur achievement? I am waiting. And again i wnt mind if u can lend me ur eyes since u felt i dnt knw d dif btw chuks and chuky or watever ur name might be!
Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by charles424(m): 12:37pm On Aug 15, 2012
chucky234: What is OPC ? Are they into the manufacturing of Yoruba Juju,I think that's what OPc stands for. But why would such organisation have the gut to GEJ what to do,they are just struggling for relevance.

Why don't u go back to your forefathers who fought the civil war and failed to tell you who the OPC are ? They will tell you that your forefathers surrender to one of the OPC sons during the civil war....Don't just open your mouth foolishly without consulting with your Ohanenze before you talk to Yoruba kingdom.One day a small boy went to the bush to poopoo,and after he finished,he saw a lion and he call the lion to carry him home and the lion never hesitate,he carry him.On getting inside the town,everybody on siting the lion in the market coming start running helter skelter..the boy ask the lion why is everybody running,the lion said just show me your house..don't worry.
The boy pointed to their house,on reaching their house the boy notice his father and mother standing in the verander having a discussion on siting the lion they tumble inside the house and thru the backdoor run for safety,the boy ask lion why did my mum and dad pick such a race?Lion said are you in your house,the boy said yes,come down the lion told the boy...Those who are running helter skelter are the ppl that knows me...you don't know me that's why you have the guts to ask me to carry you home...when your parents comes back home tell them it was me LION dat brought you home..dey will never allow you to come back to the bush to poopoo again not to ever meet me.
So you don't know who or what OPC means Go home and ask.
Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by bubadaniel13: 12:49pm On Aug 15, 2012
Good advice,even thought the adviser has faulty credentials,we cannot throw the baby and the bath water....GEJ is not the problem of Naija,it's something that has been there,we must all put hands on deck to make Nigeria great.....
Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 15, 2012
O_D_B:

goat, hasn't the ACN also called for GEJ's resignation? Haven't they got into an alliance to with that unholy CPC which is the political arm of Boko-Haram.

You need not respond to my post as it was never meant for you neither was there any stint of tribalism in what i posted.

you m0r0n

Your post reeks of stupidity...

The only way you shouldn't expect a response to your post is NEVER to post on Nairaland again....that said!

Am been very nice this morning...ask around here, I don't take prisoners like you...let this be the last time you use gutter words with me...I wont be nice next time.

So how is OPC an arm of ACN or CPC?

Use your brain for once....that is why God gave it to you for free.
Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by anonimi: 1:03pm On Aug 15, 2012
gistme24: My question has always been: what have we got to lose if we give sovereign national conference a chance?
Particularly when everythign else we have tried seems not to be working?

We already have legislators paid hefty sums of money to make laws reflecting the desires of their people (constituents).
These legis LOOTERs need to earn their pay as we ordinary Nigerians are earning ours from which we pay taxes.
BTW, how will the SNC delegates be chosen
Will they also not be representatives of the people
Why duplicate functions for some loafers
Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by ODB2: 1:10pm On Aug 15, 2012
ilugunboy:

Your post reeks of stupidity...

The only way you shouldn't expect a response to your post is NEVER to post on Nairaland again....that said!

Am been very nice this morning...ask around here, I don't take prisoners like you...let this be the last time you use gutter words with me...I wont be nice next time.

So how is OPC an arm of ACN or CPC?

Use your brain for once....that is why God gave it to you for free.

[size=30pt]m0ronic banter. go take ur meds [/size]
Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
O_D_B:

[size=30pt]m0ronic banter. go take ur meds [/size]

Just like the Peak Milk advert says....Stupidity is in you!

Like I always say..when you type in huge fonts...show you have a problem with life..you silly pervert!

Get out of Nairaland if you have nothing but tribal bashing to throw around here!!

We deserve better commentators around.
Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by mratom: 2:51pm On Aug 15, 2012
traitors. Today behind Gej and tomorrow behind tunibu,
Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by mratom: 2:51pm On Aug 15, 2012
traitors. Today behind Gej and tomorrow behind tunibu.
Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by mratom: 2:52pm On Aug 15, 2012
traitors. Today behind Gej and tomorrow behind tunibu,
Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
D sage:

But why are you guys keeps clamoring for SNC? If SNC were to happen today,it won't be different from normal section in the National assembly. Remember,your representatives could easily be bought with money by those mallams in favor of this wrong entity called Nigeria. I preferred referendum as it happen in Sudan.

No sir.

Go back and check what happened at Abacha's constitutional conference where the 6 geo-zones were born.
It won't be same. It is not the reps that will go.

I can assure that when it comes, it will be the real people that will go. Arewa Consultative Forum, OPC, Afenifere, Massob, Mossop, Niger Delta Volunteer Force, Middle Belt Forum, NBA, NMA, etc. Figures like Wole Soyinka will be there live.

Any politician that tries any manipulation will regret ever coming to this world.

Let us try it first and fail rather than not try because we fear to fall.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 15, 2012
noblezone:

No sir.

Go back and check what happened at Abacha's constitutional conference where the 6 geo-zones were born.

I can assure that when it comes, it will be the real people that will go. Arewa Consultative Forum, OPC, Afenifere, Massob, Mossop, Niger Delta Volunteer Force, Middle Belt Forum, NBA, NMA, etc. Figures like Wole Soyinka will be there live.

Any politician that tries any manipulation will regret ever coming to this world.

Cheers

Yes that is suppose to be the spirit going forward, but some people will rather be fixated as to why it's not feasible than looking at the merit in it.

Nigeria is simply not working in the right way...and people will rather pretend that we keep with this "patchy-patchy" contraption.

We can either sit and talk as civilized people now or we go the way of savagery. Either way, the choice is ours as a people.
Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by Dsage1: 4:11pm On Aug 15, 2012
noblezone:

No sir.

Cheers

I didn't mean those rep in the current NA,I mean representatives such as those you mentioned in your latest comment.

What give you hope,that these people actually had the interest of masses at heart?

How would you tell whether these people think the same way as ordinary Nigerians in which you and I part of?

What give you an assurance that these people you mentioned won't betray us?

On what bases do you thing our representative would emerge?

Since you and i will only be watching them from TV, will you be able to correct them when they are making mistake.

Did the SNC during Abacha regime yield positive result?

Lastly, the majority of people you mentioned are directly or indirectly politician who actually benefited from existing system.

To me,SNC is waste of time and resources,since we are not going to choose our representatives by ourselves through popular vote.

1 Like

Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by kennytidistar(m): 4:41pm On Aug 15, 2012
[mr atom]traitors. Today behind Gej and tomorrow behind tunibu,

bros pls get your fact right OPC is in no way a traitor to either GEJ or Tinubu, more over Tinubu is just ACN leader and not yoruba leader if any decision need to be taken about yoruba, the real asiwaju is Gen Adeyinka and not Tinubu. so when calling yoruba leader pls leave Tinubu out of it.
let him concentrate on his party business otherwise OPC will wake up one day and tell ACN to close market.
Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by dayokanu(m): 5:51pm On Aug 15, 2012
Why shouldnt Retardeen resign?
Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by deltaforce7(m): 10:01pm On Aug 15, 2012
Kpac, you made some salient points about the issue under focus. Quite frankly, stated GEJ's administration has failed to address burning issues that have eaten deep into the continuity of Nigeria as a political entity. There have been overwhelming evidence of incompetence in addressing security and economic issues. However, i defer with you on your point-range shot against his kinsmen as those responsible for the administration's incongruent handling of the nation's problems. To be fair to this current administration, appointments to political positions have been near even. The kinsmen of GEJ have been objective in their criticisms . We have read about some of them opening blazing fire of cricitism against the administration. It is, therefore, capricious to jump to conclusions the way you just did in your post.

We have a duty to BE OBJECTIVE IN OUR CRITICISMS. This country is ours,we shall make it work against the wishes of those who want it to go up in flames.
Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by iahmed(m): 10:21pm On Aug 15, 2012
chucky234: What is OPC ? Are they into the manufacturing of Yoruba Juju,I think that's what OPc stands for. But why would such organisation have the gut to GEJ what to do,they are just struggling for relevance.
Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by taharqa: 2:19am On Aug 16, 2012
-
Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by taharqa: 2:19am On Aug 16, 2012
probably: demdem pls continue wat u do best. I always look forward to ur comments. Free of bias, sentiments and tribalism. You call a spade a spade. For goodness sake even animals know everything s wrng with this country. So many people are living in denial, u are not, I am not. Our major problem is GEJ. History will tell, our kids and their kids will always relate this era as the worst in d history of nigeria. Even worse than d period of d civil war. Never compromise demdem, dnt relent in ur constructive and objective criticism of this sham called a govt. Even if you have to insult them pls by all means insult the fools. Anuofias. d

Oh keep your mouth SHUT my frnd. The only thing that has deteriorated during this administration is Security and it could not have been worse than the Civil War era as you so sheepishly said. Almost every other area have improved to vary degrees(especially if directly related to this admin), though certainly not even near the extent that we want as Nigerians- Finances, Rails, Roads, Power, Agriculture, Ports, Water transport etc

Any body that disagrees on this with me should should accept the challenge of a DEBATE. Am Sick and tired of the lie that GEJ 'has not done anything'.

Either accept the challenge or Shut your mouth
Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by Demdem(m): 7:39am On Aug 16, 2012
taharqa:

Oh keep your mouth SHUT my frnd. The only thing that has deteriorated during this administration is Security and it could not have been worse than the Civil War era as you so sheepishly said. Almost every other area have improved to vary degrees(especially if directly related to this admin), though certainly not even near the extent that we want as Nigerians- Finances, Rails, Roads, Power, Agriculture, Ports, Water transport etc

Any body that disagrees on this with me should should accept the challenge of a DEBATE. Am Sick and tired of the lie that GEJ 'has not done anything'.

Either accept the challenge or Shut your mouth

[b]Security itself is more than enough considering the fact that when there is no life nothing more is important and thats why the primary responsibility as stated in the constitution for the Retardeen is SECURITY OF LIVES AND PROPERTIES. U fail in that, u fail in all. Deal with that. Infact security to me takes more than 50% of his score card and thats even reflected in our national budget

Secondly IMO other major sectors i also feel the Retardeen is found wanting is corruption and education. Its getting worse. taking 4steps backwards and a step forward takes us no where. leadership by example is all is needed as regards corruption which will definately trickle down. Its not that the retardeen isnt doing anything at all (of cos he is working), however when one has to weigh the resources so far expended and weigh it side by side with the so called acheivements, i make bold to say that Nigerians arent truly having true value for real money spent. This is what corruption does. Corruption will make u spend Billions of naira on a less than 1 kilometer of un-standardized road and the dumbs will tell u that at least u have ur road.
For instance, here in nigerdelta where NDDC is building some roads, some of these roads after completion are simply pathetic. of cos what do we expect when NDDC contracts are being sold even here on Nairaland, peeps advertise NDDC contracts to be sold and of cos to the highest bidder who will in turn do a very shoddy job. (https://www.nairaland.com/958271/nddc-contracts-sale)

besides there are other structural issues the retardeen is yet to attend to as regards true federation (especially now that the coutry is divided), Judicial reform, electoral reform (Uwais committee report- appointing Jega alone is not the end of electoral reform)etc these issues are fundamental and not the tenure extension he so much desires.

What about his promise of downsizing his government, what we keep hearing is this will be done, that will be done yet new establishment are being created coupled with new assistants upon assistants. This shows insincerity on his part.

Everything is not about roads, rail, water etc (these are also important no doubt).

A debate isnt needed my friend, Nigerians arent blind neither are we dumb and propaganda wont speak for the govt all the time. Its simply results that will be appreciated. For example, yesterday i appreciated what Nnaji has done so far as regards power, though to me the process is still very slow (becuase we are simply not initiating or inventing any new technology to the sector) however i am convinced for now that he seems to be the only minister working for now. Nnaji dont need to employ someone that will be advertising his acheivements, his report card will speak for him.[/b]
Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by ODB2: 9:21am On Aug 16, 2012
ilugunboy:

Just like the Peak Milk advert says....Stupidity is in you!

Like I always say..when you type in huge fonts...show you have a problem with life..you silly pervert!

Get out of Nairaland if you have nothing but tribal bashing to throw around here!!

We deserve better commentators around.

may god continue to make you stupidierr by the day. olofo. nah here u wan sure urself
Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by okooyinbo(m): 12:48pm On Aug 16, 2012
berem: I have never heard of a nigerian president resigning and so it won't start from GEJ.

IBB did

Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida aka Maradona did not resign, he stepped aside. That was what he said and intended. Things just did not work as he planned. That naughty boy Abacha was tired of announcing COUPE D'ETAT, he wanted and became the maximal ruler himself.
Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by yanni1(m): 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2012
e fit?
Re: 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC by sbeezy8: 6:23pm On Aug 16, 2012
No reason for him to resign... so what an even bigger ediot can take over with EVEN MORE WORSE POLICIES? Doesnt make sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Will Form Govt In Ogun Come May 29 – Osoba / Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son / 33 Feared Dead In Ogun As Coaster Bus Plunges Into River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.