Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,801 members, 7,956,049 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:35 PM

Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail (9310 Views)

I See APC And CPC Splitting / All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged / ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by Mrhod: 9:08pm On Aug 15, 2012
I would hv b d happies person If d mager plan works, with d pipulation of ACN supporters in Lagos nd some SW state includin Edo nd Buhari supporters in d North plus GEJ low performance notin can stop dem fr POWER.
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by Ufeolorun(m): 9:12pm On Aug 15, 2012
danjohn:

Jonathan did not win in Gombe State. Buhari won 60% and Jonathan won 38%. From anecdotal evidence, I hear that Adamawa is almost 48% Christian. GEJ supposed to win a state like Adamawa.
Thanks for the Gombe correction.The political structure in Adamawa definitely does not reflect '48% Christianity'.
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by Danigmatic(m): 9:18pm On Aug 15, 2012
amosy007: If dey like make dem merge, if dem like make dem dabaru everything.. E no concern me.. As long as they present fashola 4 2015 ..(fashola or no one else)
The rest of their politricks no concern me
are you aware that lagos is ranked 3rd most worst city to live in?,wondering why all the hype about fashola!.http://ynaija.com/incaseyoumissedit
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by olufunmibi(m): 11:04pm On Aug 15, 2012
Whether Jonathan returns or is eventually sacked, the Northern electorate will largely determine what the outcome will be out of those two mutually exclusive alternatives.

What the ACN and their CPC counterpart should do if they are serious about clinching the presidency come 2015 is to select a presidential candidate that is sellable to the North and can secure voters goodwill down South, whoever that is, is their assignment to find out.

I just pray that we will one day be free from this Unfortunate PDP plague. May the years the locusts (PDP) has eaten be restored.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by taharqa: 12:26am On Aug 16, 2012
Idokojimmy: It is no longer news that some opposition Parties are working assiduously to see how they can dislodge PDP from power. Notable figures here include ACN and CPC. Recently, these parties reportedly held a meeting in Ghana, to fine tune the merger talk. But will the alliance work? If you ask me, I'll say their chances are slim. For instance,

1. They are yet to agree on a unified Party name. While some are suggesting ACTION CONGRESS ALLIANCE, some say it should be called CONGRESS FOR PROGRESSIVE ALLIANCE. Both parties want to dominate in the alliance.

2. Who will be the major financier of the party? Will the major contributor allow others to have a say?

3. They took the merger talk to Ghana, knowing quite well that Ghana doesn't support Nigeria. Aburi Accord held in Ghana didn't work, this may not work too.

4. The proposed Candidates to fly their flag are not sellable. Possible figures include ATIKU, BUHARI, BAKARE, ELRUFAI, AND TINUBU.

5. Lastly, the Northerners don't trust TINUBU, remember that he abandoned Ribadu when he needed them most. Can he be trusted now? Also, the Westerners have continuously asked, what is their place in the new order? In your opinion, will this merger/ alliance work?

I pray that it works cos Nigeria seriously needs a competitive and open political space where Ideas and Results are foremost. This is even regardless of which of the political actors wins in the elections.

However, I completely agree with you on this:
The proposed Candidates to fly their flag are not sellable. Possible figures include ATIKU, BUHARI, BAKARE, ELRUFAI, AND TINUBU.

If in deed any of the above is the Candidate of the alliance, then they will may very likely lose the elections. They should in stead focus on more sellable candidates like Fashola, Ribadu, Sanusi, Oshiomohle, etc
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by taharqa: 12:33am On Aug 16, 2012
lacasa: PDP must go!!

Nigerians are tired of this vampire party

13years of PDP with failure as its trademark

Once ACN/CPC finish their merger, surely the North will go wt CPC & the South West will go fσr ACN =CPC/ACN

The SS/SE are the confused lot, but the SW/North is enough fσr them.

PDP r.i.p grin

CPC/ACN, let's go tђere cool

The north isn't Monolithic any more. 'One North' does not exist anymore. A large chuc of the Middle Belt and some parts of the Northeast may not go with the Upper North especially if there are other good alternatives and if any of those 5 men contest.

I wish the alliance though success and hope they are wise and selfless enough to do
the right thing
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by gsalvatore: 1:22am On Aug 16, 2012
The angel(pdp) you know is better than the devil(acn/cpc) you don't know. Abeg make una bone ACN na PDP wey dem recycle....if dem(GEJ) share money for NASS dem no go oppose GEJ but if yawa gas dem go dey run mouth. All of them na the same people joor
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by gsalvatore: 1:51am On Aug 16, 2012
D sage:

You are example of gullible and anti-developed person I ever know. So,a party that've been ruling us for the past 13years with little or no concrete development is now a good/solid party to you? What you typed here were not but stupid analysis. Because a party have a good structure and solid foundation,we should continue to vote them into power.

I pity your so called SS/SE people.
stop shouting about what you don't know. Are you voting for a candidate or a party? So you mean if acn or cpc unveils an unworthy candidate then you will vote for the party jst because u think party initiates a decision,candidate sells the party, wake up and look at the big piCture, dont be biased....naija don rotten already,military,hausa/fulanis/yorubas don mess our belove naija and GEJ is trying to clean it. most of the wahala u see and hear is because of wind of change blowing over(before most of them will go unnoticed). So don't crucify GEJ(lemme not use PDP) for trying afterall am almost sure that those merger players in your so called west and north won't do any better if they are to be president now even you. Naija wahala wasn't built in a day and you can't clean in a day no matter the party you may come from.
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by pcicero(m): 2:58am On Aug 16, 2012
gsalvatore: stop shouting about what you don't know. Are you voting for a candidate or a party? So you mean if acn or cpc unveils an unworthy candidate then you will vote for the party jst because u think party initiates a decision,candidate sells the party, wake up and look at the big piCture, dont be biased....naija don rotten already,military,hausa/fulanis/yorubas don mess our belove naija and GEJ is trying to clean it. most of the wahala u see and hear is because of wind of change blowing over(before most of them will go unnoticed). So don't crucify GEJ(lemme not use PDP) for trying afterall am almost sure that those merger players in your so called west and north won't do any better if they are to be president now even you. Naija wahala wasn't built in a day and you can't clean in a day no matter the party you may come from.

Okay, the military,Hausas and Yorubas have messed up the country right? What were your people doing while these people were messing it up? Cheering them on or waiting for their own opportunity to maintain the status quo?

GEJ is now performing wonders you say? I really want to believe you but the facts on ground cannot sustain your assertion.

And if you wanna talk, please share figures to back your claims. Stop throwing wild assumptions shallow brat.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by phildon: 4:43am On Aug 16, 2012
2ru-talk:
ACN and CPC alliance cannot stand. The two parties are regional parties with different selfish ideologies.
What are these ideologies, pls?
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by muktarmtt(m): 4:45am On Aug 16, 2012
Esss: Whats the point?!! Wether they call themselves CCC, ACC or CPN, the first problem that all the opposition have is ethinic divide.. The only Uniting political Party in Nigeria till tomorrow remains the PDP. From the North to the South. You cant call them an Igbo Party like APGA, cant call them an Yoruba Party like ACN (& AD), Cant call them a Cattlfucking Party like CPC...

Secondly, the PDP might have produced crooked leaders, but the other advantage they have is that they have their house in other.. Who ever runs shiit in the PDP (Obasanjo) has his machine working at optimum efficiency.. Even if the party principals dont like it, they always seem to put party interest above theirs.. If you no gree, they evict you like Atiku.

The Igbos will never vote for a CPC & ACN coalition party.. Dont forget that the ethinicity that both parties represent have betrayed Ndi Igbos in the past especially the Yoruba one.. Ask for the South-South, their allegeance to the PDP is as solid as Rock.. They may elect an ACN governor, but the presidency belongs to the PDP.

All the top gunners in the coalition party are not widely acceptable.. Not BUHARI (The war monger and NYSC killer), El-Rufai (The Boko Haram Sympatiser), Bakare (the two-tongued Political Pastor), Tinubu (the Yoruba criminal)...

The PDP already owns the East and the South-south.. The Middle belt will go to the PDP, The northern votes will be split and majority of the Western votes will also go to PDP.. In the end, PDP wins yet again... Jonathan till 2019... Fresh Breeze Campaign team wins!!!

U such nd ass hole shut d Bleep up mumu
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by Whobedatte(m): 7:22am On Aug 16, 2012
What nigerian youths need are people of credibility , that is devoid of party affilliations ..that do not need politics to survive ..let us think outside the box..
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by warrior01: 8:20am On Aug 16, 2012
CuteTj: We may not even need an ACN/CPC merger to unseat PDP. Thank God this present PDP administration is not even helping the party's fortunes with its actions and inactions. Nigerians are now aware and conscious of the damage PDP has done to Nigeria and the suffering they have imposed on Nigerians. If you don't know, NOTHING LASTS FOREVER! PDP should start preparing its will, go ahead to purchase a casket and dig 6ft below. Then go home to await its death.
just dey there dey deceive yourself
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by OneNaira6: 8:33am On Aug 16, 2012
I cannot believe people are still trying to figure this out. what is the point in arguing over this? What is the point of insulting eachother over this? 2015 would surely come and we'll see whether or not the alliance would work. It is not worth insulting eachother over it.
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by joeyfire(m): 8:37am On Aug 16, 2012
In 2015 I believe that PDP will fail, same for ACN/CPC. Expect a dark horse to pull a surprise instead of these established devilish parties
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by kutchs: 8:54am On Aug 16, 2012
joeyfire:
In 2015 I believe that PDP will fail, same for ACN/CPC. Expect a dark horse to pull a surprise instead of these established devilish parties
Dont bet on it mate, PDP has much more clout and reach than you can ever imagine. Wonder who this ur ‘dark horse‘ is, has it ever occured to u that dark horses that get born and dont survive in Nigeria?
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by CHIDIEJIOGU: 9:25am On Aug 16, 2012
A UNIFICATION BTW ACN & CPC WILL NOT WORK.REASON? I DID NOT SEE OTHER REGIONS REPRESENTED IN THIS MERGER AND THIS IS THE STRONG POINT OF PDP.HOWEVER LET ME TELL YOU GUYS NIGERIA IS NOW GOING BEYOND VOTING FOR PARTY,IT IS THE INDIVIDUAL THAT IS RUNNING THAT MATTERS AND NOT THE PARTY.
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by KayParamount: 11:10am On Aug 16, 2012
It can never work cos their all Barawo....
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 16, 2012
pcicero:
Why can't people reason like this? Thanks for your insightful thoughts.

I think that one of the major contributors to the narrow way we look at things, is that Africans generally ideal away their time with lazy thoughts. Our fore fathers trusted the gods and blamed the gods for every thing that happened to them. Even malaria was blamed on the gods. We find it easy to blame others for our misfortune rather than look inwards.
Today, we are waiting for over night "break through", over night miracles. We want a super president who will just come and after 3 months in office, would have had all our roads constructed, all hospitals working. Finish off all armed robbers and militant groups, give us fuel free, education at all levels free, free 24 hours electricity, promote students who refused to study, pay everyone an allowance and we all "shall live happily ever after".

Today, parents pay money for other persons to write exams for their children, they pay money for them to get admission, pay for them to graduate, pay for them to get jobs and contracts, pay money for them to get big offices, yet we turn around to blame the government. It is Nigerians who destroyed Nigeria.

We need to get back to he grass roots. We need to talk. Nigeria must be restructured. What type of education does the man from Borno want for his children? One of my kids (about 6 yrs old) wants to become a doctor, and I will do all I can to give her the best opportunity, will the man in Borno do same for his daughter? Does he want his children to learn Arabic studies instead? Shall we share resources together? The federal purse is used to subsidize Arabic studies but I must raise all monies my daughter will need to study medicine and after that she must be sent to Borno where I will scared of her safety, while the Borno man would keep his own daughter in doors, teaching her nothing but Islamic laws.

These are the fundamental issues. We need to have an ideology. This national ideology must cut across the North to the South to the West to the East. Who are the patriots? What was Azikiwe's dream of Nigeria? What was Awolowo's dream of Nigeria? What was Ahmadu Bello's dream of Nigeria? Did these men have the same dream? What makes Nigeria a nation? What is the Nigerian Dream? Do we have Nation Builders today?

I am yet to see the national ideals of the PDP, the ACN, the CPC and all the other parties. We have members of the opposition both in the senate and in the house of rep, why have they not teamed up and remove immunity clause, and caught down on their allowances and salaries?

Until we get the fundamentals right, we will only be deceiving ourselves. WE need to call for a national conference and discuss Nigeria. We need to come to agreements on we should move forward.

Because we don't have any ideals as a nation, people were protesting against the arrest and prosecution of James Ibori. Bode Goerge had traditional dancers waiting for him on the day he was sentenced and on the day he released from prison. Honorable Faruk had sympathizers even in Nairaland whether he was guilty or not is immaterial. Why was the subsidy protest lopsided? Why was the south south and the south east in support of the complete removal while the north and the west moved against it with all their mights? This is the puzzle about Nigeria. Everything is seen from ethnic and religious point of view.

Sanusi has turn down the works of Soludo and if you bring another CBN governor from the South part, he will go a different direction from Sanusi. Do you know why? There is no national ideals. Sanusi is more interested in Islamic banking and the secular banks had to die for the Islamic bank to come up. since he was appointed, do you know how many bankers that have lost their jobs? These are the fundamental issues.

The citizens of Nigeria are all "aliens" to the Nation called Nigeria. So the Minister of sports will think of how the ministry will benefit the people of his region first before Nigeria. We are interested in quota system more than the merit system. My heart is bleeding!

D sage:
I'm quite agree with you that Nigeria is so ethnically and religiously divided and that,our problem started with the amalgamation of Jan 1914 by Lugard. But on a more serious note, PDP has failed Nigerians since inception of democracy in 1999. Therefore,a series of changes must occur in 2015.
And who are those to effect such a change is what I don't know at least for now.

One of the top echelons of the AC that later became the ACN is Atiku! Abacha's son accused of looting during his fathers stay as the head of state was a guber candidate for the CPC in Kano. Uche Ekwunife, a member of the House of Rep from Anambra left the PDP and joined Orji Kalu's party to contest the guber seat in Anambra and after the elections, went back to the PDP.

All these people were crying for change!

What sort of change are we talking about? Who are these agents of change? Tinunbu? Atiku? Buhari? Bakare? El Rufia?
Please, I want the names of these "radicals" who will not blink an eye to tame the ethnic/religious demons troubling Nigeria.

Apart from Bakare, the rest have tested political power but governing a complex country like Nigeria is different from pastoring a church! Bakare must know this. In the recent time he is over stepping his grounds, threatening violence and calling for anarchy. I don't envy him.

Tinunbu, please tell us how clean you are! you never stole public funds?Please sir, what is your ideal? What is the ideal of the ACN? Where is the impact of such ideals in the national Assembly?

Buhari, you and your misguided "elite" army officers truncated our democracy and you became the head of state through the power of the gun. Hope you can recall how relieved Nigerians were the day IBB announced your removal because under your government, Nigerians were terrorized as if we were in a war. You muzzled the law and ruled by decrees. You stifled the press and never wanted democracy. You were so happy when Abach had sympathy on you an called you to head the PTF = "Petroleum Thieving Funds?". Sir, what change do you really have in mind? What do you know about governance? Sir, government is different from war! Unfortunately, your training as a soldier had made you to be so narrow minded, and without realising it, you shout "change or blood will flow" but fail to tell us the kind of change. What is your ideal and what is the ideal of the CPC? Where did people kill in your name chanting "Sai Buhari" as they slaughtered their victims?

[b]Atiku [/b]you went back to the PDP but in those days, you so much campaigned against the PDP that it was only AC and you that had the interest of Nigerians at heart. I am disappointed in you.

El Rufia, you were there with OBJ in his days as the maximum ruler. You were part and parcel of what made OBJs government tick. Now, I don't really understand what you are saying. Please explain it.

Okay for the sake of argument, Fahsola of ACN, Oshimole of ACN are doing great, but let me point out here that they doing great has nothing to do with the ACN as a party. Chris Ngige was PDP when he turned the light on in Anambra State. Donald Duke of Cross River was PDP, Amechi is doing milestone projects in Rivers and he is PDP. And let me tell you, Dickson in Bayelsa is showing signs of a brave heart, and he is PDP.

Rochas of Imo would still be Rochas irrespective of party name. It would not had made any difference if he is PDP, ACN or APGA.

It is time to think right. I need to know the patriots, show me the agents of change! Stop pursuing shadows in the name of parties. They are all the same. The only change that will help Nigeria today is, a national conference. Thats my party. Join us.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by sokera: 11:49am On Aug 16, 2012
Esss: Whats the point?!! Wether they call themselves CCC, ACC or CPN, the first problem that all the opposition have is ethinic divide.. The only Uniting political Party in Nigeria till tomorrow remains the PDP. From the North to the South. You cant call them an Igbo Party like APGA, cant call them an Yoruba Party like ACN (& AD), Cant call them a Cattlfucking Party like CPC...

Secondly, the PDP might have produced crooked leaders, but the other advantage they have is that they have their house in other.. Who ever runs shiit in the PDP (Obasanjo) has his machine working at optimum efficiency.. Even if the party principals dont like it, they always seem to put party interest above theirs.. If you no gree, they evict you like Atiku.

The Igbos will never vote for a CPC & ACN coalition party.. Dont forget that the ethinicity that both parties represent have betrayed Ndi Igbos in the past especially the Yoruba one.. Ask for the South-South, their allegeance to the PDP is as solid as Rock.. They may elect an ACN governor, but the presidency belongs to the PDP.

All the top gunners in the coalition party are not widely acceptable.. Not BUHARI (The war monger and NYSC killer), El-Rufai (The Boko Haram Sympatiser), Bakare (the two-tongued Political Pastor), Tinubu (the Yoruba criminal)...

The PDP already owns the East and the South-south.. The Middle belt will go to the PDP, The northern votes will be split and majority of the Western votes will also go to PDP.. In the end, PDP wins yet again... Jonathan till 2019... Fresh Breeze Campaign team wins!!!

Sincerely I can feel d bribe u took during d last election to vote for dull baby jonathan and it already running poverty in ur generation...
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by sokera: 12:01pm On Aug 16, 2012
Mekusnwa: grin grin grin ochi ato gbuo m. I'm laughing in Igbo. Buhari and co are just a bunch of clowns. You are forming a party around Atiku, Tinubu, El Rufai & Bakare and expect the party to stand. LWKMD. Talk about a marriage between our corrupt icons and the politically naive.
Besides, I beg to ask, where are the south east and south south leaders in this formation? I guess Buhari has not learnt from his mistakes in 2011. He still thinks Nigeria to be only in the North West. Sorry.
Tomorrow if we return 90 % again for GEJ, they will cry foul. But they are forming their party now without reaching out to the South south and South East.
do you think the vote of south south and south east can determine? Don't make the mistake entire nigeria supported JEG remember south south remain minority...
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by tiwasiaife(m): 12:16pm On Aug 16, 2012
I see a situation where buhari will promise tinubu to be the president by 2023 after his tenure only to disapoint him as gowon did to awolowo.
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by strangest(m): 12:17pm On Aug 16, 2012
lacasa: PDP must go!!

Nigerians are tired of this vampire party

13years of PDP with failure as its trademark

Once ACN/CPC finish their merger, surely the North will go wt CPC & the South West will go fσr ACN =CPC/ACN

The SS/SE are the confused lot, but the SW/North is enough fσr them.

PDP r.i.p grin

CPC/ACN, let's go tђere cool

wake up
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by Dsage1: 1:09pm On Aug 16, 2012
gsalvatore: stop shouting about what you don't know. Are you voting for a candidate or a party? So you mean if acn or cpc unveils an unworthy candidate then you will vote for the party jst because u think party initiates a decision,candidate sells the party, wake up and look at the big piCture, dont be biased....naija don rotten already,military,hausa/fulanis/yorubas don mess our belove naija and GEJ is trying to clean it. most of the wahala u see and hear is because of wind of change blowing over(before most of them will go unnoticed). So don't crucify GEJ(lemme not use PDP) for trying afterall am almost sure that those merger players in your so called west and north won't do any better if they are to be president now even you. Naija wahala wasn't built in a day and you can't clean in a day no matter the party you may come from.

You must be silly, did I in anywhere crucify GEJ in my previous posts.

@ GEJ is trying to cleans up or fixed our problem, I pity you guys.

Actually, I love GEJ as a person but his administration is not but total flop and embarasment to the country in both home and abroad.

1.Formulation of wrong policy.

2. He impoverish the masses through removal of fuel subsidy in the name of fishes out the oil thiefs.

3. Over 900b was allocated for security of life and properties with nothing to show for it.

I could continue but let me reserve my comment till the end of his tenure because he can still turn a new leaf. But if he continue like this, my brothers in SW are ready to vote him out.
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by bajosky: 2:12pm On Aug 16, 2012
GEJ 2015 shal receive Popular Vote of Cofidence by INEC. THEREfore declare Elected til 2019 Unopposed.
Jointly signed by ACN/CPC/APGA/ANPP/LABOUR/fresh etc alongside failed planned tactis of 9ja been Ungovernable.
This wil b ratified by IBB,BUHARI,ATIKU,TINUBU,BAKARE,GUsau,SANUSI,EL rufai,boko haram Babangida Aliyu,TAMBUWAL and Seal by INEC B4 GOD N 9JA. The spirit of unity in undestanding .
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by emmyluv1: 2:37pm On Aug 16, 2012
The leadership of the parties have lost focus. They are confused , very soon they will want 2 merge with ALAMAJERI BOYS.
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by Dsage1: 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2012
noblezone:

I think that one of the major contributors to the narrow way we look at things, is that Africans generally ideal away their time with lazy thoughts. Our fore fathers trusted the gods and blamed the gods for every thing that happened to them. Even malaria was blamed on the gods. We find it easy to blame others for our misfortune rather than look inwards.
Today, we are waiting for over night "break through", over night miracles. We want a super president who will just come and after 3 months in office, would have had all our roads constructed, all hospitals working. Finish off all armed robbers and militant groups, give us fuel free, education at all levels free, free 24 hours electricity, promote students who refused to study, pay everyone an allowance and we all "shall live happily ever after".

Today, parents pay money for other persons to write exams for their children, they pay money for them to get admission, pay for them to graduate, pay for them to get jobs and contracts, pay money for them to get big offices, yet we turn around to blame the government. It is Nigerians who destroyed Nigeria.

We need to get back to he grass roots. We need to talk. Nigeria must be restructured. What type of education does the man from Borno want for his children? One of my kids (about 6 yrs old) wants to become a doctor, and I will do all I can to give her the best opportunity, will the man in Borno do same for his daughter? Does he want his children to learn Arabic studies instead? Shall we share resources together? The federal purse is used to subsidize Arabic studies but I must raise all monies my daughter will need to study medicine and after that she must be sent to Borno where I will scared of her safety, while the Borno man would keep his own daughter in doors, teaching her nothing but Islamic laws.

These are the fundamental issues. We need to have an ideology. This national ideology must cut across the North to the South to the West to the East. Who are the patriots? What was Azikiwe's dream of Nigeria? What was Awolowo's dream of Nigeria? What was Ahmadu Bello's dream of Nigeria? Did these men have the same dream? What makes Nigeria a nation? What is the Nigerian Dream? Do we have Nation Builders today?

I am yet to see the national ideals of the PDP, the ACN, the CPC and all the other parties. We have members of the opposition both in the senate and in the house of rep, why have they not teamed up and remove immunity clause, and caught down on their allowances and salaries?

Until we get the fundamentals right, we will only be deceiving ourselves. WE need to call for a national conference and discuss Nigeria. We need to come to agreements on we should move forward.

Because we don't have any ideals as a nation, people were protesting against the arrest and prosecution of James Ibori. Bode Goerge had traditional dancers waiting for him on the day he was sentenced and on the day he released from prison. Honorable Faruk had sympathizers even in Nairaland whether he was guilty or not is immaterial. Why was the subsidy protest lopsided? Why was the south south and the south east in support of the complete removal while the north and the west moved against it with all their mights? This is the puzzle about Nigeria. Everything is seen from ethnic and religious point of view.

Sanusi has turn down the works of Soludo and if you bring another CBN governor from the South part, he will go a different direction from Sanusi. Do you know why? There is no national ideals. Sanusi is more interested in Islamic banking and the secular banks had to die for the Islamic bank to come up. since he was appointed, do you know how many bankers that have lost their jobs? These are the fundamental issues.

The citizens of Nigeria are all "aliens" to the Nation called Nigeria. So the Minister of sports will think of how the ministry will benefit the people of his region first before Nigeria. We are interested in quota system more than the merit system. My heart is bleeding!

One of the top echelons of the AC that later became the ACN is Atiku! Abacha's son accused of looting during his fathers stay as the head of state was a guber candidate for the CPC in Kano. Uche Ekwunife, a member of the House of Rep from Anambra left the PDP and joined Orji Kalu's party to contest the guber seat in Anambra and after the elections, went back to the PDP.

All these people were crying for change!

What sort of change are we talking about? Who are these agents of change? Tinunbu? Atiku? Buhari? Bakare? El Rufia?
Please, I want the names of these "radicals" who will not blink an eye to tame the ethnic/religious demons troubling Nigeria.

Apart from Bakare, the rest have tested political power but governing a complex country like Nigeria is different from pastoring a church! Bakare must know this. In the recent time he is over stepping his grounds, threatening violence and calling for anarchy. I don't envy him.

Tinunbu, please tell us how clean you are! you never stole public funds?Please sir, what is your ideal? What is the ideal of the ACN? Where is the impact of such ideals in the national Assembly?

Buhari, you and your misguided "elite" army officers truncated our democracy and you became the head of state through the power of the gun. Hope you can recall how relieved Nigerians were the day IBB announced your removal because under your government, Nigerians were terrorized as if we were in a war. You muzzled the law and ruled by decrees. You stifled the press and never wanted democracy. You were so happy when Abach had sympathy on you an called you to head the PTF = "Petroleum Thieving Funds?". Sir, what change do you really have in mind? What do you know about governance? Sir, government is different from war! Unfortunately, your training as a soldier had made you to be so narrow minded, and without realising it, you shout "change or blood will flow" but fail to tell us the kind of change. What is your ideal and what is the ideal of the CPC? Where did people kill in your name chanting "Sai Buhari" as they slaughtered their victims?

[b]Atiku [/b]you went back to the PDP but in those days, you so much campaigned against the PDP that it was only AC and you that had the interest of Nigerians at heart. I am disappointed in you.

El Rufia, you were there with OBJ in his days as the maximum ruler. You were part and parcel of what made OBJs government tick. Now, I don't really understand what you are saying. Please explain it.

Okay for the sake of argument, Fahsola of ACN, Oshimole of ACN are doing great, but let me point out here that they doing great has nothing to do with the ACN as a party. Chris Ngige was PDP when he turned the light on in Anambra State. Donald Duke of Cross River was PDP, Amechi is doing milestone projects in Rivers and he is PDP. And let me tell you, Dickson in Bayelsa is showing signs of a brave heart, and he is PDP.

Rochas of Imo would still be Rochas irrespective of party name. It would not had made any difference if he is PDP, ACN or APGA.

It is time to think right. I need to know the patriots, show me the agents of change! Stop pursuing shadows in the name of parties. They are all the same. The only change that will help Nigeria today is, a national conference. Thats my party. Join us.

@ Noblezone, why don't you leaves the history and let face the current situation.

Although, you ignored some the questions I asked in other thread as regard to SNC you always claims we needed, but I'm here again to let you know the following;

1. Unless we adopt confederal system of govt or disintegrate,nothing can stop the issues of ethnicity.

2. Though non of Nigerial pol parties have a clear/genuine party ideology but they're different in term of party's disciplines and focuses.

3.If you say all pol parties were the same, under which platform should we seek for a change.

4. You must be joking by saying individual achievement has nothing to with the party,hmmmm, I laugh. That statement shows that you only understand the theory but not practical aspect of politics.

5. If country eventually call for SNC, what will you do if it's not different from a normal discussion in the National Assembly?

6. Lastly, as a political scientist,analyst/theorist, what do we citizens do to ensure this change? Also,what do expect the outcome of your so called SNC to be?
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by bajosky: 2:44pm On Aug 16, 2012
Of a truth 4CPC n ACN 2Suceed in d merger a national,dynamic,vibrant,holistic icon should be picked 4d job.
2.A SS contestant not Buhari or Tinubu regionist.
3.DONALD DUKE the former Governor of Cross River State, a Proactive personality ,VISIONARY in every ramificatn is d choice for a stiff opositn for gej .
4.be rest assured that a Prophet has spoken d mind of God because Gej has failed like (KING SAUL) AND DONALD DUKE IS CHOOSEN AS A MAN AFTER GODS OWN HEART.(ISHA ALLAH)
A TRIAL WILL CONVINCE UR VOTE FOR CHANGE .any candidate less than or more dan is a failure MERGER n credit 2GEJ
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by pcicero(m): 5:11pm On Aug 16, 2012
@noblezone and bajosky

*Sighs*...the beautyful ones are not yet born. I agree that we are part of the rot. We have contributed in no small measure to the mess we are complaining about.

Btw, I would not really mind a Donald Duke as president. There are no saints but he seems like a man with the right ideas and can readily secure a pan-Nigerian mandate.

However, how do we address the agitation of the Igbos for a chance to rule?

Will those who are 'born to rule' allow peace to reign if denied another chance to govern the nation?

Are we prepared to give another chance to someone from SS right after GEJ?

Will the alliance of basically CPC and ACN (Hausa and Yoruba) be strong enough to dislodge PDP?

Will the alliance be able to produce a candidate with widespread acceptability?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by tempest01(m): 9:10am On Aug 17, 2012
The merger if it works, will successfully dislodge the pdp, in a bid to forge stronger, members of other parties will migrate to it, power will stay in their hands for 12 yrs and Nigerians will start crying wolf again...looking for another alliance to dislodge them....we should all 4get this day dreaming. It is when we stop voting based on religious and ethnic affiliation, and when we can stand up against bad practices with one voice, that we can make a headway. Nigeria problem is so complicated I don't see this merger solving it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

[picture] Baby Mama Sexually Assault's Ice Prince's Son On Birthday / Jubrin's Allegations: EFCC, ICPC, Police May Clash Over Budget Padding Probe / Don’t Ruin Your Future With Hard Drugs, Buhari Tells Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.