Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Do You Believe In These Superstitions? - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Believe In These Superstitions? (28515 Views)

Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days / Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? / Funny But True To Life Superstitions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 5:54am On Aug 28, 2012
kaiye007: A di.ck stuck inside a woman puuny. It take the intervention of a pastor to set both free out of the mess. Who say he/she doesnt believe in voodoo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVfkj26yebA

The technical name for this occurence is "penis captivus". This would occur if the muscles in the vagina clamp down on the penis much more firmly than usual, making it impossible for the penis to withdraw from the vagina regardless of erection

Believe it or not, it has happened before (I have a friend who's a nurse who once had to deal with this in the Emergency Room). However it's extremely rare in humans.

It's caused by a very powerful muscle cramp in the woman. It tends to hurt both people at the same time.

Most of the time, even if a woman gets a strong muscle cramp in the vagina, the penis can be removed without any trouble. However, if the man feels pain upon attempting to withdraw, then it might end up with a trip to the hospital. All they do at the hospital is inject the woman with a muscle relaxant.

However, like I said: extremely rare! I've been researching and talking to people about sex for more than ten years, and I've only ever heard of one case of this ever happening.

Do you see how shallow we Africans are?.. penis get stuck in the Virgina is now called JUJU VOODOOO why are we going to school? what happens to little research? why not ask questions?
is only in African that people killed by thunder are called JUJU and VOODOO.
only in Africa that people dying in HIV are called JUJU and VOODOO...

... MY PEOPLE ARE PERISHING DUE TO LACK OF KNOWLEDGE.......
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 5:57am On Aug 28, 2012
hollas2jnr:

@OP: Ur explanations are just vain... U first need to proof that God does not exist, then we move from there. And mind u, GO BACK TO YOUR BIBLE if u'r a genuine christian! I can't say more.

when you make a point i will reply you..
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 6:01am On Aug 28, 2012
sarutobie: In the bible,Christ walked on water and beckoned peter to come.peter followed suit and was walking on water by faith till he looked around and was overcome with fear.he started to sink..christ said to him"o ye of little faith!"..Christ also said"anything is possible for they that BELIEVE"..the mysteries of the universe transcends physical forms whether you believe it or not..voodoo or magic,palm readers, exists thus the bible says that the devil is a perverter of the true ways of God..you are what you believe but that doesn't invalidate the existence of what you don't believe in..
when christ said everything is possible if you believe he was only teaching his followers about power of faith. It has nothing to do with JUJU and VOODOO..
If it only takes faith to move mountain why then do people need JUJU AND VOODOO?..
because there is nothing like that...
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 6:06am On Aug 28, 2012
fijiano202: this guy is as fullish as a cow,i beleive you are under a voodoo

I have pity for you and your Ignorance. Just trying to help you out from your bondage of voodooism and juju.
Poverty has eaten your body like a cankerworm to the point that your thinking faculty is in a bad situation.

By the way do you mean fullish with oo??
as in foolish??
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 6:08am On Aug 28, 2012
Dele.ahmed:
where is Okijajuju[b][/b]? U have questions to answer ooooo

where is Okija JUJU ..?
do you mean WHAT IS OKIJA JUJU?

so answer first ...
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by TerryCarr(m): 6:14am On Aug 28, 2012
"voodoo" aka Vodun is not "evil"
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by TerryCarr(m): 6:15am On Aug 28, 2012
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 6:17am On Aug 28, 2012
odumchi:

Maybe you should research the slave trade in detail because I don't remember there being a time when Europeans invaded Nigeria and forcefully captured people for export.

Cosmology is inexplicable and is beyond human comprehension. Tell me, how do you explain money-making rituals? Or are they fake? How do you explain people dying after taking oaths, or is that fake also?

Let me explain to you what Money ritual is..

DO YOU HAVE CLUE HOW MUCH IT COST TO BUY ONE SINGLE KIDNEY FOR TRANSPLANT?? THEN TIMES TWO??
DO YOU HAVE CLUE HOW MUCH IT COST TO BUY LIVER FOR TRANSPLANT??
BONE MARROW?..
BLOOD??
OTHER VITAL ORGANS
That is what is call money ritual..

some useless native doctors do not even have clue what Evil minded people do with fresh killed body..IN THE NAME OF MONEY..

ARE YOUR EYES OPEN NOW??
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 6:19am On Aug 28, 2012
odumchi: In Things Fall Apart how do you explain the sudden death of Okoli who killed the royal python?

YOU ARE A PROPER FOOL
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 6:22am On Aug 28, 2012
Shollypopz:
I can see you've removed any form of intelligence from ur post right?? All u're concerned about is being rude.....

Continue ur life with ur ignorance.....It's fun!

*You're a complete waste of time*

TRUTH HURTS!!! if you talk to me nicely i will reply you nicely..

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 28, 2012
cuteonyii:

TRUTH HURTS!!! if you talk to me nicely i will reply you nicely..
What exactly is ur truth.....lmao

Babez, i don talk my own finish. Enjoy ur ignorance
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 6:47am On Aug 28, 2012
sunkoye:
@OP, with the look of things i dont need to argue with you as u already drawn a pre-determined inference. so why play on other people's intelligence? i belive you only want to showcase u research. but it's unfortunate your defence lines were very faulty especially when you start quoting BIble. as it is evident with due respect u foolishly pick the verses and bible chapters that suit your research. whatever am responding here is definitely for the christians here. not for you that is nither here or there!

For the record, you cannot proclaim your self a christian and walk the word of God and deny spirituality cos the word of God never shy a way from it. it is evident that there are lots of things that is out of our grasp, due to limits of humanity. they bible made me believe that their are out there a lot goin unseen that than the seen.

see, out of the prophet of the old and new testament, the experience of Daniel was the most facinitating and the words of Paul is awesome among other senerios in the bible! daniel provides a remarkable insight into the reality and might of the principalities and powers under the rule of Satan, “the prince of the power of the air” (Ephesians 2:2). Although Satan is not omnipresent, he has a highly organized host of evil angels at his command. if you check out daniel 10:13"But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia." Undoubtedly, one who takes into view all the circumstances referred to in this passage would most naturally understand this of an angelic being, having some kind of jurisdiction over the kingdom of Persia then. What was the character of this "prince," however, whether he was a good or bad angel, is not intimated by the language. It is only implied that he had a chieftainship, or some species of guardian care over that kingdom - watching over its interests and directing its affairs. As he offered resistance, however, to this heavenly messenger on his way to Daniel, as it was necessary to counteract his plans, and as the aid of Michael was required to overcome his opposition, the fair construction is, that he belonged to the class of evil angels.
in paul's case he so confirm the meta-physical in the book of ephesian 6:12"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms" see,apostle Paul says that our struggle is not against flesh and blood. Our true battle is not against our political opponents or family or co-workers or neighbors or any other human agent. The battle is not against people, but against unseen spiritual powers. In fact, the entire human race is under a vicious assault by certain principalities and powers, world rulers of darkness, wicked spirits in high places.

ofcourse we av alot of scams that unbalance both good and evil but that does not makes the power that be unreal. my people, wisdom is the principal thing and He that has wisdom let him get understanding. peace!

when you stop preaching let me know so that we could come back to the great question.. Do u believe in voodoo?
if your answer is yes, Give me example and prove it to me. because i do not.. I call them magic for entertainment..they are fake and not real.. has nothing to do with satan..
You only went fast into the bible because thats the only book you know.
I have said it before lets leave Bible out of these but people keep bringing in verses which made me to return some answers from bible as well.
If me and you go into bible argument .. I BET YOU, YOU WILL HATE YOURSELF..
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by odumchi: 6:52am On Aug 28, 2012
cuteonyii:

YOU ARE A PROPER FOOL

Why the insult? Are we quarreling? I really hate it when people start verbally abusing others instead of tackling the topic at hand; it is a sign of incompetence.

Anyway, I'll repose my question to you: how do you explain the death of Okoli in Things Fall Apart?
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by odumchi: 6:54am On Aug 28, 2012
cuteonyii:

Let me explain to you what Money ritual is..

DO YOU HAVE CLUE HOW MUCH IT COST TO BUY ONE SINGLE KIDNEY FOR TRANSPLANT?? THEN TIMES TWO??
DO YOU HAVE CLUE HOW MUCH IT COST TO BUY LIVER FOR TRANSPLANT??
BONE MARROW?..
BLOOD??
OTHER VITAL ORGANS
That is what is call money ritual..

some useless native doctors do not even have clue what Evil minded people do with fresh killed body..IN THE NAME OF MONEY..

ARE YOUR EYES OPEN NOW??

I don't understand what you wrote. What I asked for is your scientific explanation for people sacrificing human beings in exchange for wealth? Or is that fake too?
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 28, 2012
MrPrsdent:

Apparently this was a set up by a kenyan pastor trying to advertize himself and his supposed powers..and it worked..

ONLY IN AFRICA

You can't pull off this bullshit anywhere else but the underdeveloped world,because law enforcement will make you pay

Then again, the phenomenon of a p€n.is. being stuck inside a va.g.i.n.a is something that can be explained by science. Those who care to learn should google "p.e.n.is. captivus" and "vaginismus" to enlighten themselves and get rid of their shameful ignorance and primitive superstitious beliefs - even on issues that science has already explained. Indeed, the article in the following link would be quite educative for those who want to learn:

www.lifeinthefastlane.com/2008/11/penis-captivus

I wonder why Africans have refused to become civilised in spite of the prevalence of western education across the continent these days. No wonder you always hear that someone died of a "strange illness", or died "under mysterious circumstances". If you take that same dead body to Europe or other advanced societies for proper autopsy, the cause of death or the ailment that killed the person, no matter how rare, would be precisely established.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 6:58am On Aug 28, 2012
odumchi:

Why the insult? Are we quarreling? I really hate it when people start verbally abusing others instead of tackling the topic at hand; it is a sign of incompetence.

Anyway, I'll repose my question to you: how do you explain the death of Okoli in Things Fall Apart?

lol well I apologize for being rude to you...Now you have showed me a sign of maturity..
well why i was so turned hot was that it is quite obvious that Things fall apart is just a mare novel, like ferry tell, like a movie or drama.. is not a a real story of what happened any where.
is the same thing like other novel we read every day. SO CAN NOT BE USED TO PROVE THAT THERE IS JUJU..
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by odumchi: 7:07am On Aug 28, 2012
cuteonyii:

lol well I apologize for being rude to you...Now you have showed me a sign of maturity..
well why i was so turned hot was that it is quite obvious that Things fall apart
is just a mare novel, like ferry tell, like a movie or drama.. is not a a real story of what happened any where.
is the same thing like other novel we read every day. SO CAN NOT BE USED TO PROVE THAT THERE IS JUJU..

Thanks.

You see, Things Fall Apart is realistic fiction meaning that everything that happened within it could've also happened in real life.
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by sunkoye: 8:17am On Aug 28, 2012
cuteonyii:
when you stop preaching let me know so that we could come back to the great question.. Do u believe in voodoo?
if your answer is yes, Give me example and prove it to me. because i do not.. I call them magic for entertainment..they are fake and not real.. has nothing to do with satan..
You only went fast into the bible because thats the only book you know.
I have said it before lets leave Bible out of these but people keep bringing in verses which made me to return some answers from bible as well.
If me and you go into bible argument .. I BET YOU, YOU WILL HATE YOURSELF..
I was not after u but the christians here...Mr god knows it all huh??. U are so much on ur own.bye
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by jeprestnenyiaba: 8:30am On Aug 28, 2012
with God almighty all this cant be possible but without him MAN IT IS REAL
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by studM(m): 8:49am On Aug 28, 2012
afam4eva:
Evil spirits.

evil spirits does exist,they are called DEMONS(the falling angels)
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by fubbyy(m): 8:58am On Aug 28, 2012
cuteonyii: Hey guys, i'm not trying to offend any body here. But sometimes my friends finds it annoying when I tell them that I do not believe in the following.

1. That someone can make me appear on a mirror and cast a spell on me.
2. That someone can tie my destiny with my picture taken to some where.
3. That I can get ill when i walk over something buried under the earth or in front of my door.
4. That someone can changed baby in the womb to something else e.g stone, tortoise, etc.
5. That dead people can come out and hunt me.
6. I can see ghost.
7. That someone can get shot at and the bullet will not get into the body.
8. That Ritual will make money fill in your room.

Is not because of religion but just they way I grew up. I was born and raised in Africa for over 30 year i'm yet to get any prove for those stuff. I strongly believe in magics and poison, but when it comes to voodoo I do not believe in that.
I have actually seen people break, chew and swallow bottle when i was in Aba. But I call those stuffs magics because thats the only thing they could do all the time. I think we Africans call most things voodoo simply because we do not have explanations to them.
What do you believe??

Lol@ thread, you don't belief they exist? Anyway you are right since you haven't seen any prove to do so,my brother no need to talk 2much in order to convince that they exist but to be candid with you am a prove to no7, back in the days in unical, guy if you throw give me e no go enter,men have thrown plenty times and none entered,@ yellow duke street in calabar,on 14 february 2005(val day)it happened and people confirmed it, so my man such thing is in existence,

B4 I 4get, to all my bam egede men in the building..(Lords,T.As,arakis)fall out hand make we ....
Aye Jaja malinga on the roll, marokwu product.
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by studM(m): 9:04am On Aug 28, 2012
solomon111: so you mean,for voodoo to work on you,one must have wronged someone?
So,you mean those who are victims of voodoo,are those who hands are not clean?
Who did job offend,before he was visited with all kind of afflictions?
You are very funny. Unfortunately many people hold this erroneous view of yours.

@solomon111
you must understand that the principles(laws of the spirit of life)of GOD are universal,irrespective of you being a born again or not,what you believe is what works for you,and what you dont believe dont work for you,hence,"..be it unto you according to your faith"PRAISE GOD!INDEED THE SCRIPTURES CANT BE BROKEN!
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by studM(m): 9:26am On Aug 28, 2012
Lovine: Because you don't believe on something does not mean it don't exist. Don't doubt what you don't know or have never heard of.Go to Republic of Benin, Togo, Ivory Coast, etc, Voodoo is real whether you believe it or not. In Benin Republic up-till today people can still turn to animals and other stuffs, Satan is real and exist in planet earth. The Bible said the he makes himself to appear like the angel of light. There is magic that is only tricks but there magics that are from the pit of hell(demonic)

wrong dude!magic is totally devilish wisdom(jam3:14-15,1cor2:6),there is no two ways about that,its d trick of the devil to deceive the ignorant ones in this world!will definitely have a strong effect on those who believe,but wont work on those who dont,..,hence,.."be it unto you according to your faith"
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by buoye1(m): 9:37am On Aug 28, 2012
Guy you are on ur own oo....where av u bin 2,hw many places av u steped in your life?there's evil under d sun...all these u said are real&thru....u better wake up frm ur nytmare.........voodoo is damn real
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by studM(m): 10:06am On Aug 28, 2012
cuteonyii:

No sir we are not spirit. We are human being with flesh, Brian, blood and water. You brian is the most powerful section of your life where all the illusions, miracle, magic, voodoo, etc are generated, manipulated, processed, believed.
which part of your body do your spirit occupy?

Bros .. you can sense people's intelligence, not spirit. and you can not see spirit..
If you said you are a christian then you should know Trinity better than i do. God the father, God the son and God the spirit. And Jesus said I and my Father are one. who ever have SEEN ME have seen my father. (something you can see )
and he said you shall receive power when the spirit shall come upon you..."""
If you are a spirit which other spirit SHALL COME UPON YOU??

@onyi,
man is a 3dimensional being,same as GOD,he is a spirit(prv20:27,job32:8(the breathe of GOD)that has a soul(where you have the mind,the feelings,etc)and a body(icor3:16)
the spirit of man interacts with spirits in the spirit world,the soul is what houses the reasoning faculty of man,his will and emotions,while the body is the dwelling place of the soul and the spirit,would throw more light on these if you want me to
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by Purist(m): 11:05am On Aug 28, 2012
odumchi:

I don't understand what you wrote. What I asked for is your scientific explanation for people sacrificing human beings in exchange for wealth? Or is that fake too?

Do you have any evidence to support your claim that money ritual works as widely claimed besides mere anecdotes and storybook accounts? Are you willing to replicate this seeming act of money rituals in the full glare of the public if given the platform to do so? Of course, people do sacrifice other human beings because they believe it will bring them wealth. But then again, people do all sorts due to irrational beliefs. The question is, does it work? There is no evidence ANYWHERE that it does. If you have such evidence however, bring it forth and let's examine it critically.
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by tobezekiel(f): 1:09pm On Aug 28, 2012
cuteonyii:
Do you mean wich with T??
as in witch?
yep thanks
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 28, 2012
pro01:

T[b]hen again, the phenomenon of a p€n.is. being stuck inside a va.g.i.n.a is something that can be explained by science. Those who care to learn should google "p.e.n.is. captivus" and "vaginismus"[/b] to enlighten themselves and get rid of their shameful ignorance and primitive superstitious beliefs - even on issues that science has already explained. Indeed, the article in the following link would be quite educative for those who want to learn:

www.lifeinthefastlane.com/2008/11/penis-captivus

I wonder why Africans have refused to become civilised in spite of the prevalence of western education across the continent these days. No wonder you always hear that someone died of a "strange illness", or died "under mysterious circumstances". If you take that same dead body to Europe or other advanced societies for proper autopsy, the cause of death or the ailment that killed the person, no matter how rare, would be precisely established.

YES i agree that vaginismus could cause such. But,on this instance,i heard from Kenyans who know the pastor in question,that he is fond of this kind of show. He clearly set it up,appeared just at the right time to pray for them and immediately,they became separated.Africans love 'mircles' and 'powers',so this pastor uses that to fill his church and his pockets.
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by Elebiju: 12:19am On Aug 29, 2012
These things really exist and I can prove N̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ 7 personally, let's fix a date and u will know its not magic oodua tokantokan, omode omogun onpe ni efo
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 02, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/1036160/man-testing-bullet-proof-charm

Read about Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 12:01am On Sep 03, 2012
MrPrsdent: https://www.nairaland.com/1036160/man-testing-bullet-proof-charm

Read about Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead
hahaha my bros.. i just copied the same link to paste it here for fools to read and be wise...
But you already did..
thanks

WELL FOOLS READ AND BE WISE... OR DIE LIKE FOOLS...
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by nnamanijanie13: 6:42pm On Dec 18, 2013
ifyalways: You saw someone break and chew bottles LIVE and you call that magic?

Define magic please?

The things you listed up there exist. I however don't believe it can affect me. Vodoo operate and work under principles amongst other things but 'point of contact and faith' is required before anything works(for all religious beliefs sef). So long as my faith is unshaking, firmly believe that I'm well protected and there is no contact point(I've treated all men fairly, kept my hands clean) then I have no reason to fear voodoo. That's my opinion. Works for me.

I strongly support your view.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) / Why Does Our Society Condemn Using Left Hand To Give And Receive? / Igbo Art (Nka Igbo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.