Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,995 members, 7,810,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics (28245 Views)

Faithia Balogun, Dayo Amusa, Others Stun On The Red Carpet Of BON Awards 2015 / AMAA Red Carpet: Eniola Badmus Scores 1/10 (Photo) / Rick Ross & Young Jeezy Fight At BET Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 24, 2012
Mr. Globe:
hahahahaha. Akon picked lady gaga when she was dropped by her label, I think also produced that just dance song that made her famous. of course you know Jay z made Beyonce and Rihanna. what are you saying

Akon handpicked Lady Gaga, sure. He didn't feature on her song and then use his fame to bolster her own. Beyonce made Beyonce, or were Destiny's Child nobodies too? Rihanna was already played on the radio and popular before "Umbrella".

You're shifting your argument. Initially, you said hiphop and rap artists featured on tracks to make pop stars who they were. Now you're talking of production. Which way?
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 24, 2012
~Royal~:
I am not sure she knows what she is saying.

She basically thought Hip Hop Artist/Rap Artist did not sell as well and had a small purchasing population...

Until she was hit in the face by a bunch of Irrefutable Numerical Data...

It is, what it is.

Or maybe you didn't read what I said. I said nobody swarms to Rick Ross the way Nigerians do. I never spoke about album-selling and chart stats. I said Rick Ross isn't widespread the way Rihanna, Lady Gaga, and Katy Perry are. Rick Ross can't do a show in Japan or Russia the way those girls do. Check the demographics of rap albums being sold. They pull the same people. That's what rappers have been fighting for years. They want more exposure.

You and Globe should learn how to respond to someone's opinion rather than digress with irrelevant facts.
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by MrGlobe(m): 10:37pm On Aug 24, 2012
ogugua88:

You don't know what you're talking about. Maroon 5 has been consistent since their debut in 2003. If anything, they've only gotten bigger with the release of every album.

Rihanna, Lady Gaga, and Katy Perry are irrelevant?
I just keep laughing at your post. pls when did Maroon 5 have their last number 1, no, top 10 single?

I never said Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry are irrelevant, I said hip hop made them famous. Rihanna - Jayz, Lady Gaga - Akon, Katy Perry - Kanye West and Snoop Dog, Taylor Swift - Kanye West. Those were their claim to fame
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 24, 2012
I still can't believe this argument about the BOSS is still on SMH for the ignorant ones!
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 24, 2012
ogugua88: Rappers carry last, always. They only attract the same sort of people. They aren't widespread. I guarantee you he can walk in Nevada and no one will know him or care, but if he walks in Georgia, people will flock to him. That's how it's always been.

I responded to this quote and this quote only, How are my statistics irrelevant when you made a false incorrect claim about "Rappers carry last"

You were just flat out wrong, and ignorant in your statement

All i did is flashed some Light on how Ignorant it was

You were wrong, but instead of admitting you were wrong you want to act like a stereotypical black bird and argue.

As if your quotes have not been quoted smh lol

Explain the stupidity in your quote Above.
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 24, 2012
You generalized and made an ignorant statement, Point Blank Period

I backed up my claims with numbers

If Rappers "Carry Last" and are not Widespread, why do they dominate the Charts?

Your statement makes no sense at all.

You specifically said "Rappers Carry Last. They Only Attract the same sort of people. They aren't widespread"

Which is a pretty dumb quote when you have rap artist born in New York selling out concerts in Australia.

....Kind of a an ignorant statement don't ya think Mami?.. undecided
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by MrGlobe(m): 10:45pm On Aug 24, 2012
ogugua88:

Akon handpicked Lady Gaga, sure. He didn't feature on her song and then use his fame to bolster her own. Beyonce made Beyonce, or were Destiny's Child nobodies too? Rihanna was already played on the radio and popular before "Umbrella".

You're shifting your argument. Initially, you said hiphop and rap artists featured on tracks to make pop stars who they were. Now you're talking of production. What ich way?
was Beyonce the only person in Destiny's child? people became more interested in b when she started
dating jayz. how did Beyonce blow up? Crazy in love. That's her biggest song to date.
don't even talk of Rihanna cos Jayz gave birth to that one and made her everything she is today just like he is about to do with Rita Ora. I already talked about Katy Perry
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 24, 2012
Mr. Globe:
I just keep laughing at your post. pls when did Maroon 5 have their last number 1, no, top 10 single?

I never said Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry are irrelevant, I said hip hop made them famous. Rihanna - Jayz, Lady Gaga - Akon, Katy Perry - Kanye West and Snoop Dog, Taylor Swift - Kanye West. Those were their claim to fame

Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl" (controversial song) made her famous. Lady Gaga's "Just Dance" made her famous [her very first track took the nation by storm]. Rihanna was famous before "Umbrella".

As for Maroon 5, do you want a list of number top 10 singles? Their first album alone had how many songs charted. "This Love" only ruled the airwaves for how many months. "Songs About Jane" won them countless Grammys, talkless of their following albums. They didn't have a single collabo in their first two albums. In their third, they featured country group Lady Antebellum and were still EXTREMELY relevant. Notice I didn't even mention their smash hit, "Moves Like Jagger", of 2011.
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by MrGlobe(m): 10:52pm On Aug 24, 2012
ogugua88:

Or maybe you didn't read what I said. I said nobody swarms to Rick Ross the way Nigerians do. I never spoke about album-selling and chart stats. I said Rick Ross isn't widespread the way Rihanna, Lady Gaga, and Katy Perry are. Rick Ross can't do a show in Japan or Russia the way those girls do. Check the demographics of rap albums being sold. They pull the same people. That's what rappers have been fighting for years. They want more exposure.

You and Globe should learn how to respond to someone's opinion rather than digress with irrelevant facts.
more gibberish. how many black people buy Katy Perrys album. how do you define your demographic. I will rather choose to sell 1million copies of my record in one place than sell 100k 'widespreadly' that's going by your logic. you are not making any sense
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 24, 2012
Mr. Globe:
more gibberish. how many black people buy Katy Perrys album. how do you define your demographic. I will rather choose to sell 1million copies of my record in one place than sell 100k 'widespreadly' that's going by your logic. you are not making any sense

Katy Perry doesn't have to have a black majority as an audience. Blacks buy pop albums. Most of the people that buy rap albums are blacks. If blacks didn't buy rap albums, then rap albums wouldn't sell. Try and refute that claim.
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 24, 2012
~Royal~:

I responded to this quote and this quote only, How are my statistics irrelevant when you made a false incorrect claim about "Rappers carry last"

You were wrong, but instead of admitting you were wrong you want to act like a stereotypical black bird and argue.

What I said isn't false or ignorant at all. In terms of appearances on late night shows, concerts, tours, popularity, rappers carry last. David Letterman and Jay Leno would rather call up an oldie like Jimmy Cliff or Bunny Wailer or some unknown garage band artists debuting an album before calling in hardcore rappers to do his show. I'm not talking about veterans like Jay-Z and Snoop Dogg, who are now mainstream by the way. The US likes mainstream. It is always difficult for rappers to hit mainstream because of their language and the way they carry themselves. The music industry is still very much white America. Did Nas not have to change the title of his album from "Niggas"? How many mainstream stations play rap? The only rap/hiphop they play is mainstream rap/hiphop.
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 24, 2012
Completely Trying to change the Argument to avoid "your own quote"

ogugua88: Rappers carry last, always. They only attract the same sort of people. They aren't widespread. I guarantee you he can walk in Nevada and no one will know him or care, but if he walks in Georgia, people will flock to him. That's how it's always been.

You generalized with this Statement and it flat out makes no sense and is incorrect.

The most Populated Cities in America are Urban, Urban areas are the base for Hip Hop Fan Base...(from a culture stand point)

Suburbs are the Base area for hip hop "sales"

I slammed sales numbers over the top of your head....Now which part of your ignorant quote did i not systematically devour?

Every Point Countered

Every Single One.

Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 24, 2012
I'm not changing the argument at all. I stand by what I said. Rick Ross is not as popular as mainstream popstars. Simple. Some people turn the radio dial JUST because it's a rap song. Wake up.
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 24, 2012
If hip hop owns both Urban Areas and Suburbs...

Sales Charts...

Where exactly are they not Widespread or Known

Do we even have to take it to Television?

Turn on VH1...MTV AND MTV Jams RIGHT now

And tell me why i see LiL Wayne corny azz on both channels...

With an Eminem Video Playing shortly after....

Your quote has no meaning

Its biased.(i understand why, i hate the music too now) but still...It's a fabricated fairy tale

Hip Hop Dominates..

Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 24, 2012
~Royal~:

cheesy
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 24, 2012
ogugua88: I'm not changing the argument at all. I stand by what I said. Rick Ross is not as popular as mainstream popstars. Simple. Some people turn the radio dial JUST because it's a rap song. Wake up.

Rick Ross...Yes

but you did not say Rick Ross...

You said...

"Rappers carry Last"

were they carrying last when eminem was pushing 14 million units?

were they carrying last when 50 cent pushed 10 million units?

Are they carrying last with this bum 2chainz on top of the Charts as we speak?
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by MrGlobe(m): 11:01pm On Aug 24, 2012
ogugua88:

Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl" (controversial song) made her famous. Lady Gaga's "Just Dance" made her famous [her very first track took the nation by storm]. Rihanna was famous before "Umbrella".
you don't even know how these people became famous in the first place. It was snoop dogs song with Katy Perry that brought her into the the lime light the one with Kanye sealed it. I told you to stop calling Rihanna if you thought it was only umbrella jayz did for her. You didn't watch when he was introducing her on 106 and park on bet. For lady gaga go watch the just dance video.
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by MrGlobe(m): 11:05pm On Aug 24, 2012
ogugua88:

Katy Perry doesn't have to have a black majority as an audience. Blacks buy pop albums. Most of the people that buy rap albums are blacks. If blacks didn't buy rap albums, then rap albums wouldn't sell. Try and refute that claim.
you are truly ignorant. White people buy majority of rap albums go find out. You know who buys albums again? gays. Black people bootleg. you keep disgracting yoself on this thread. don't say what you don't know
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 24, 2012
Mr. Globe:
you don't even know how these people became famous in the first place. It was snoop dogs song with Katy Perry that brought her into the the lime light the one with Kanye sealed it. I told you to stop calling Rihanna if you thought it was only umbrella jayz did for her. You didn't watch when he was introducing her on 106 and park on bet. For lady gaga go watch the just dance video.

You're absolutely wrong. "I Kissed A Girl" caused a media storm. Katy Perry was already topping charts with that track, as well as "Hot and Cold" and her Vegas song before her second album.

You said these artists were famous for [b]features. I'm going based on what you said, no one's talking about Jay-Z's first feature with Rihanna was "Umbrella", a track on her third album. Was she famous before that? Yes or no? I know Jay-Z signed her, I'm no fool. I'm going based on what you said, which was features/collabos. Same goes for Lady Gaga.
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 24, 2012
ogugua88: I'm not changing the argument at all. I stand by what I said. Rick Ross is not as popular as mainstream popstars. Simple. Some people turn the radio dial JUST because it's a rap song. Wake up.
...my theory is, far away in nigeria, any international artist you even get to hear about is a 'mainstream'star...Rick ross is a big star, you may not be one of his fans, but he's the Boss!
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by MrGlobe(m): 11:09pm On Aug 24, 2012
and you don't know how many people that have stopped listening to radio cos of pop songs. is radio even still relevant again?
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by MrGlobe(m): 11:13pm On Aug 24, 2012
ogugua88:

You're absolutely wrong. "I Kissed A Girl" caused a media storm. Katy Perry was already topping charts with that track, as well as "Hot and Cold" and her Vegas song before her second album.

You said these artists were famous for [b]features. I'm going based on what you said, no one's talking about Jay-Z's first feature with Rihanna was "Umbrella", a track on her third album. Was she famous before that? Yes or no? I know Jay-Z signed her, I'm no fool. I'm going based on what you said, which was features/collabos. Same goes for Lady Gaga.
It was umbrella that broke Rihanna into the mainstream. case closed. Admit you don't know how Katy Perry became famous. Go find out her biggest song
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by MrGlobe(m): 11:17pm On Aug 24, 2012
~Royal~:

Rick Ross...Yes

You said...

"Rappers carry Last"

lol. Maybe last is the new first
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 24, 2012
~Royal~:
Rick Ross...Yes

You said...

"Rappers carry Last"

You're the only one talking about units. I wasn't talking about units. I was clearly talking about popularity. Pop artists can perform wherever they like. Rappers can't, not unless you're mainstream and a household name like Snoop, Eminem, and 50 Cent. Out of the three of them, Eminem is considered the hardest. Snoop is a family man singing/rapping pop songs now and 50 Cent was mainstream from day 1. I honestly can't recall a rapper that came out as a hardcore rapper and crossed bridges while they were hardcore. I'm not old enough to know how Tupac and Biggie were doing while they were alive, but they achieved it in death.

Mainstream artists do just fine in terms of album sales and success. You know fully well though that if this was back in the 90s, no one would be giving them time of day, especially when politicians like Tipper Gore was pursuing them. Luckily things are changing. I, personally, don't think that things today are that much better than the 90s. The stations that used to play rap where I live have either been taken over and play mainstream (Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, Drake) or stopped targeting the rap fans altogether. There's another station that has a slogan as "Today's best hits, without the rap". Imagine that.

It's complete bull of course, but it is what it is. Rappers have bigger obstacles than Jessie J and the likes. That's all I've been trying to say. It may be 2012, but people STILL run away from rap and the image that it brings or represents. That's how it's been since the 1980s.
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 24, 2012
Mr. Globe:
It was umbrella that broke Rihanna into the mainstream. case closed. Admit you don't know how Katy Perry became famous. Go find out her biggest song

Rihanna didn't know superstardom until "Umbrella" came out. I think I told you that earlier. However, she was famous before that track with "Pon de Replay", "SOS", and a few others.

Permit me to use Wikipedia until I find a better source. According to Wiki, Katy Perry's biggest song is "I Kissed A Girl". I keep telling you that that song caused a media storm, not just in the US but worldwide because of its controversial lyrics. For that reason alone, people loved the song and her as she was edgy and didn't conform like other pop stars do, and she's still like that. If you don't remember, then just say so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katy_Perry_discography
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by MrGlobe(m): 11:45pm On Aug 24, 2012
ogugua88:

You're the only one talking about units. I wasn't talking about units. I was clearly talking about popularity. Pop artists can perform wherever they like. Rappers can't, not unless you're mainstream and a household name like Snoop, Eminem, and 50 Cent. Out of the three of them, Eminem is considered the hardest. Snoop is a family man singing/rapping pop songs now and 50 Cent was mainstream from day 1. I honestly can't recall a rapper that came out as a hardcore rapper and crossed bridges while they were hardcore. I'm not old enough to know how Tupac and Biggie were doing while they were alive, but they achieved it in death.

Mainstream artists do just fine in terms of album sales and success. You know fully well though that if this was back in the 90s, no one would be giving them time of day, especially when politicians like Tipper Gore was pursuing them. Luckily things are changing. I, personally, don't think that things today are that much better than the 90s. The stations that used to play rap where I live have either been taken over and play mainstream (Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, Drake) or stopped targeting the rap fans altogether. There's another station that has a slogan as "Today's best hits, without the rap". Imagine that.

It's complete bull of course, but it is what it is. Rappers have bigger obstacles than Jessie J and the likes. That's all I've been trying to say. It may be 2012, but people STILL run away from rap and the image that it brings or represents. That's how it's been since the 1980s.
what a bunch of thrash. Tupac was selling tens of millions of albums even back in the day. What do you mean by rappers cannot perform everywhere. you have not seen Nelly's show in Russia or Busta Ryhme in Japan. Eminem just concluded a huge set of shows in Japan this month which was shown on tv. Even small rapper's like game are pulling crowds everywhere. you have a warped knowledge of hip hop. you don't know how far it has come. you don't know the role it played in Obama becoming president. you don't know what it means for a NY senator to start a protest March against Lil Wayne for just saying he hates NY. you are just arguing for the sake of it
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 24, 2012
Thank you for concluding that you lack comprehension skills. I did not say Tupac and Biggie didn't sell. I said I wasn't old enough to remember how they were when they were alive, but they crossed bridges in death. Anyone and everyone listens to Tupac and Biggie these days. Was it that way in the early 90s? I do not know. Thank you and have a nice day Globe.
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by MrGlobe(m): 11:55pm On Aug 24, 2012
ogugua88:

Rihanna didn't know superstardom until "Umbrella" came out. I think I told you that earlier. However, she was famous before that track with "Pon de Replay", "SOS", and a few others.

Permit me to use Wikipedia until I find a better source. According to Wiki, Katy Perry's biggest song is "I Kissed A Girl". I keep telling you that that song caused a media storm, not just in the US but worldwide because of its controversial lyrics. For that reason alone, people loved the song and her as she was edgy and didn't conform like other pop stars do, and she's still like that. If you don't remember, then just say so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katy_Perry_discography
funny. Nobody even know those Rihanna tracks you mentioned. it was umbrella that brought her into mainstream America. jayz signed her straight from Barbados she couldn't ve done it on her own. sos may be a hit track but it's not mainstream worthy ask people like keri hilson. I can't repeat myself on Katy Perry. I wikepedia is no link. You goofed accept it and stop this silly arguments
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 24, 2012
ogugua88:

I was talking about Popularity as Well. I gave examples of the Hip Hop Stranglehold on Popularity from both Demographics

And you said you can't recall a hardcore rapper that has crossed bridges while they were hardcore

50 cent was not a household name...he is the answer to your question

He was a Hardcore rapper who crossed over and had his highest success during his "gangsta" image

After he got soft, and turned pop...making videos with Justin timberlake...people stopped buying his music.

50 Cent was not Mainstream since day 1.

Ill give you a Rapper right now...

"The Game"

His main album sold over 5 million when he was with Aftermath.

He was killing the charts.

Hip Hop music has a Strangle Hold on popularity they dominate the Triple headed monster, Television,Charts,Urban Mega Cities

Why are Media Whoores like Kim K chasing after Hip Hop Artist instead of artist from majority white genre's if Hip Hop artist are not the most Popular?

Don't say it's race because there are Black Artist from Other Music Genre
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 25, 2012
How do record Sales and Visibility not Equal Popularity?

...If they sell the most...

...If they are on Tv the Most....

How are they not the Most Popular?

i see these rappers on talk shows every day.

I think you just dislike Hip Hop artist and tried to make a false claim they could not carry weight

Personally i don't blame you for disliking the artist

But you have to give credit where credit is due, Hip Hop Artist Dominate the Music Game

2Chainz has the number one album in America right now...The niqqqah is flat out [size=16pt]Garbage!
[/size]
That alone should tell you something.
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:05am On Aug 25, 2012
I remember back in the day i use to love listening to Mtv Late at night and watch their all Rock countdowns and stuff

Those have all disappeared...it's Hip Hop 24/7 all day Long

You watch Tmz...it's hip hop artist and their drama

You turn on ESPN..it's "Hip Hop" artist debating with the sports writers.....

Hip Hop is the New Pop.

This quote Below has no Validity.

Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 25, 2012
~Royal~:

I was talking about Popularity as Well. I gave examples of the Hip Hop Stranglehold on Popularity from both Demographics

And you said you can't recall a hardcore rapper that has crossed bridges while they were hardcore

50 cent was not a household name...he is the answer to your question

He was a Hardcore rapper who crossed over and had his highest success during his "gangsta" image

After he got soft, and turned pop...making videos with Justin timberlake...people stopped buying his music.

50 Cent was not Mainstream since day 1.

Ill give you a Rapper right now...

"The Game"

His main album sold over 5 million when he was with Aftermath.

He was killing the charts.

Hip Hop music has a Strangle Hold on popularity they dominate the Triple headed monster, Television,Charts,Urban Mega Cities

Why are Media Whoores like Kim K chasing after Hip Hop Artist instead of artist from majority white genre's if Hip Hop artist are not the most Popular?

Don't say it's race because there are Black Artist from Other Music Genre

I'll give you the opportunity to remove Kim K from your argument. You know exactly why Kim K chases black men, and it has nothing to do with hip hop lol. Besides, Reggie Bush and Kris Humphries are athletes.

Was 50 Cent ever known as a hardcore rapper? I don't think so, and that's my point exactly. The first track that hit mainstream radio was "In Da Club", which even had grandmas dancing. "Get Rich Or Die Tryin'"... isn't that considered a mainstream rap album? Several tracks got massive airplay.

I don't know much about The Game so I won't even go there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Adaeze And Joseph Yobo's Children Fun Photos / Bbnaija Tboss Looks Radiant In Cleavage Baring Outfit / 2face: Any God That Tells You To Judge And Kill Others Is A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.