Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics (28247 Views)

Faithia Balogun, Dayo Amusa, Others Stun On The Red Carpet Of BON Awards 2015 / AMAA Red Carpet: Eniola Badmus Scores 1/10 (Photo) / Rick Ross & Young Jeezy Fight At BET Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by MrGlobe(m): 12:09am On Aug 25, 2012
~Royal~:

I was talking about Popularity as Well. I gave examples of the Hip Hop Stranglehold on Popularity from both Demographics

And you said you can't recall a hardcore rapper that has crossed bridges while they were hardcore

50 cent was not a household name...he is the answer to your question

He was a Hardcore rapper who crossed over and had his highest success during his "gangsta" image

After he got soft, and turned pop...making videos with Justin timberlake...people stopped buying his music.

50 Cent was not Mainstream since day 1.

Ill give you a Rapper right now...

"The Game"

His main album sold over 5 million when he was with Aftermath.

He was killing the charts.

Hip Hop music has a Strangle Hold on popularity they dominate the Triple headed monster, Television,Charts,Urban Mega Cities

Why are Media Whoores like Kim K chasing after Hip Hop Artist instead of artist from majority white genre's if Hip Hop artist are not the most Popular?

Don't say it's race because there are Black Artist from Other Music Genre

you skipped Snoop Dogs Doggystyle album, the highest selling debut of all time by a new artists of any genre, Dr dres albums that were pushing platinum like pure water even when majors refused signing them for their gangster lyrics until Jimmy iodine signed them and the majors all came back. If anything the rap game has lost touch
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 25, 2012
ogugua88: Was 50 Cent ever known as a hardcore rapper? I don't think so, and that's my point exactly. The first track that hit mainstream radio was "In Da Club", which even had grandmas dancing. "Get Rich Or Die Tryin'"... isn't that considered a mainstream rap album? Several tracks got massive airplay.

This can't be a serious question.......

He is the Epitome of a Hardcore Rapper.

His original claim to fame was getting shot 9 times, and living to write about it.

Album Content was nothing about selling cokke and compiling bodies..

Yet sold like 14 million copies or some outlandish number

Come on now......

50 cent Musical Content during his Prime was as Gangsta as it comes.

I think you are judging Rappers by their "club" singles and not their entire content and true persona

Hell 50 even released a video for "Many Men" off that Album, speaking nothing else but direct Murder
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 25, 2012
I can tell by 88's "nevada" line she was trying to allude to the fact "White America" does not know Hip Hop artist

Which is not true at all

"White America" are Rap artist Largest Purchasing Audience.

These little white suburban Kids eat these Rap Albums up like Kandii...wtf @that spelling..I mean Candy.

Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 25, 2012
i ccosign rapper are no longer active it's all about hip hop/RnB now
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 25, 2012
~Royal~:
How do record Sales and Visibility not Equal Popularity?

...If they sell the most...

...If they are on Tv the Most....

How are they not the Most Popular?

i see these rappers on talk shows every day.

I think you just dislike Hip Hop artist and tried to make a false claim they could not carry weight

Personally i don't blame you for disliking the artist

But you have to give credit where credit is due, Hip Hop Artist Dominate the Music Game

2Chainz has the number one album in America right now...The niqqqah is flat out [size=16pt]Garbage!
[/size]
That alone should tell you something.

I'm glad you're the one calling him garbage. You know fully well that there's a difference between rap and mainstream rap. That's the only distinction I'm trying to make. As someone noted earlier, Rick Ross gets hype in Nigeria because he's international. In terms of hyping here? Black rappers have to go through BET first. Wasn't that why BET and MTV Raps were invented in the first place? Rappers weren't heard. Even Don Cornelius objected to rap being featured on Soul Train. He allowed it but mentioned his distaste on air. That alone should tell you something too.

Rap comes with a bad connotation. It did when it was first created and it does now. Probably less now as top rappers like Weezy and the rest are showing the blingy side of it, but before that, it was violence. If you're not a mainstream blingy rapper, then you're an underground violent rapper. At least that's what the protrayal is. Mainstream pop >>>>>>>>>>> mainstream rap >> rap.

I don't dislike hip hop artists. I was raised listening to an array of music. I'm only pointing out that they have a harder time reaching the top than popstars do. Isn't that the truth? There are talented rappers out there but their music will never see the light of day because the US music industry has a new infatuation with Europop, an old genre that blew over in Europe 1-2 decades ago.
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 25, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: i ccosign rapper are no longer active it's all about hip hop/RnB now

Rappers are no longer active...yet a rapper is number 1 on the billboard charts right now as we speak (2Chainz)

Do you think before you type your foolishness brah? lol
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 25, 2012
~Royal~:

This can't be a serious question.......

He is the Epitome of a Hardcore Rapper.

His original claim to fame was getting shot 9 times, and living to write about it.

Album Content was nothing about selling cokke and compiling bodies..

Yet sold like 14 million copies or some outlandish number

Come on now......

50 cent Musical Content during his Prime was as Gangsta as it comes.

I think you are judging Rappers by their "club" singles and not their entire content and true persona

Hell 50 even released a video for "Many Men" off that Album, speaking nothing else but direct Murder

*sighs*

Royal, that album was a mainstream album. Hardcore/underground music is what you and your two friends only know. If your whole school is talking about it, if it's getting news coverage, and if it's getting play on American radios, then it's mainstream.
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by MrGlobe(m): 12:18am On Aug 25, 2012
~Royal~:
I can tell by 88's "nevada" line she was trying to allude to the fact "White America" does not know Hip Hop artist

Which is not true at all

"White America" are Rap artist Largest Purchasing Audience.

These little white suburban Kids eat these Rap Albums up like Kandii...wtf @that spelling..I mean Candy.

these white kids have taken this stuff seriously than black folks, look how white rappers both male and female are coming out everyday in droves. rap may be the new rock - taken over by white folks
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 25, 2012
~Royal~:

Rappers are no longer active...yet a rapper is number 1 on the billboard charts right now as we speak (2Chainz)

Do you think before you type your foolishness brah? lol

only one can you compare is popularity with the hip hop and RnB artists? who knows him outside America?
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 25, 2012
That's how you know rap isn't what it once was. How many whites bought Eazy E?
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:22am On Aug 25, 2012
You don't get it...

An ALbum "becomes" Mainstream by virtue of Success...not by it's content.

50 cent was a Nobody prior to that ALbum being released

Guys like 2chainz did hundreds of mixtapes prior to him having the number 1 album in America...

You are trying to make the correlation to "mainstream" as being less hard core

and I am explaining to you it's not

"singles" are softer for the sole purposes of radio play

The album's content speak of destructive murderous lyrics and cokke dealing.

Why do you keep calling this man's work "Mainstream"...When it was released 97% of america had not even heard of him

You can only be Mainstream if you are already Known, otherwise you have no "main"..."stream" To channel your content Through.

Your Correlation between Mainstream Rap Music and Popularity is wrong

The Artist "Makes himself Mainstream"...not the other way around.

Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by MrGlobe(m): 12:22am On Aug 25, 2012
ogugua88:

*sighs*

Royal, that album was a mainstream album. Hardcore music is what you and your two friends only know. If your whole school is talking about it, if it's getting news coverage, and if it's getting play on American radios, then it's mainstream.
looooooooooooooooooooooooooool at this definition of mainstream and hardcore. somebody is talking murder and you call it mainstream. This is hardcore that went mainstream. Massacre too his second album did over 10 million copies and there was no in da club. I that's to give you that pass that in da club is pop
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 25, 2012
@88

The music industry is down across the board from Every Genre

because of Pirating and Modern Day Technology.

Your Mainstream and Hardcore analogy was flawed as hell

Why does this woman think 50 cent get rich or die trying was Mainstream pop music?

The Title Alone should tell you something......
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 25, 2012
That was not Pop Music, 50 had like 2 diamond albums in the decade of the 2000s speaking of nothing but Murda and Guns

Mainstream!?!?

Wtf!?...lol smh
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 25, 2012
~Royal~:
You don't get it...

An ALbum "becomes" Mainstream by virtue of Success...not by it's content.

50 cent was a Nobody prior to that ALbum being released

Guys like 2chainz did hundreds of mixtapes prior to him having the number 1 album in America...

You are trying to make the correlation to "mainstream" as being less hard core

and I am explaining to you it's not

"singles" are softer for the sole purposes of radio play

The album's content speak of destructive murderous lyrics and cokke dealing.

Why do you keep calling this man's work "Mainstream"...When it was released 97% of america had not even heard of him

You can only be Mainstream if you are already Known, otherwise you have no "main"..."stream" To channel your content Through.

Your Correlation between Mainstream Rap Music and Popularity is wrong

The Artist "Makes himself Mainstream"...not the other way around.

Something's gotta give in order to become mainstream. Unless you're lucky like Katy Perry and people accept weird, you usually have to conform somehow. Rihanna was doing well with her first two albums. Jay-Z featured on a track and Rihanna got a haircut. She was no longer the cute island girl. She became became a good girl gone bad.

That's what the big powerhouses in the music industry are for. Kanye, Jay-Z, Akon, Dr Dre, Timbaland, Keri Hilson (for songwriting), Usher, etc. Most musicians don't want to stray from their roots. Usually they have to for marketability reasons. Usher made Justin Bieber. Keri Hilson wrote for Britney Spears, Usher, and a host of others. The list goes on. It wasn't until 50 Cent teamed up with Eminem and Dr Dre that he became known. Eminem and Dre know something about marketability, especially with rap as it's that much harder.
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:33am On Aug 25, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: only one can you compare is popularity with the hip hop and RnB artists? who knows him outside America?

Do Rap Artist from America, go outside of America and Sell out Concerts all over the World?

is A Rap artist currently at Number 1 on the Billboard charts?

How can you say Rappers are no longer Active, when they continue to run the game

Makes no sense.

Where are the Numbers to back it up?

I posted Number on the Previous Page.

If Rappers were no longer relevant we would not have music charts with garbage rappers as number 1 and we would not have so many people on this Nigerian Forum all Jocking on how much they Love Rick Ross.
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 25, 2012
~Royal~:
@88

The music industry is down across the board from Every Genre

because of Pirating and Modern Day Technology.

Your Mainstream and Hardcore analogy was flawed as hell

Why does this woman think 50 cent get rich or die trying was Mainstream pop music?

The Title Alone should tell you something......

Content can make an album mainstream. We know how albums work. About 3-5 radio-worthy songs and then a bunch of other songs where they say what they want. They depend on those radio tracks to sell their albums. Without "In Da Club", "21 Questions" (which featured the late Nate Dogg, a legend), "P.I.M.P", would that album have been mainstream? No way. It would have been another rap album that mainstream listeners wouldn't have known.
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:36am On Aug 25, 2012
ogugua88:

Something's gotta give in order to become mainstream. Unless you're lucky like Katy Perry and people accept weird, you usually have to conform somehow. Rihanna was doing well with her first two albums. Jay-Z featured on a track and Rihanna got a haircut. She was no longer the cute island girl. She became became a good girl gone bad.

That's what the big powerhouses in the music industry are for. Kanye, Jay-Z, Akon, Dr Dre, Timbaland, Keri Hilson (for songwriting), Usher, etc. Most musicians don't want to stray from their roots. Usually they have to for marketability reasons. Usher made Justin Bieber. Keri Hilson wrote for Britney Spears, Usher, and a host of others. The list goes on. It wasn't until 50 Cent teamed up with Eminem and Dr Dre that he became known. Eminem and Dre know something about marketability, especially with rap as it's that much harder.

The only reason 50 cent "became mainstream" is because the Purchasing public was sick and tired of the junk Ja-Rule was Putting out

And his Beefs with other rappers including him, helped his record sales and gave him extraordinary sales figures

He did not give anything to become mainstream, truth be told the softer his music got...the less units he pushed

Look it up.
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 25, 2012
~Royal~:

The only reason 50 cent "became mainstream" is because the Purchasing public was sick and tired of the junk Ja-Rule was Putting out

And his Beefs with other rappers including him, helped his record sales and gave him extraordinary sales figures

He did not give anything to become mainstream, truth be told the softer his music got...the less units he pushed

Look it up.

Of course he did. In order to become mainstream, old formulas have to change. That's how it works. Better lyrics, better team, better beats, etc. Out with the old and in with the new.

And I know. No need for me to look. We agree on that.
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 25, 2012
He became mainstream off "Beef"...it's as simple as that.

Jarule was the number 1 rapper prior to 50 entering the game

Their Beef Ended Jarule's career and sparked 50's

It seems like this conversation has switched gears from "Rappers Carry Last"

To..."Gangsta Rappers Carry Last"

Truthfully i can't even agree with that either, because you have 2chainz and rick ross at #1 and #3 ..

Two bums who do nothing but rap about cokke, women and Gunz all day
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:41am On Aug 25, 2012
Personally i wish rap would fall off, that way artist could be held accountable for their garbage content being released

But as long as bumz like 2chainz take spots as number 1 on the charts...then i can't really honestly state that Rappers Carry Last

It would just be my own personal biased agenda over reality.
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:42am On Aug 25, 2012
~Royal~:
He became mainstream off "Beef"...it's as simple as that.

Jarule was the number 1 rapper prior to 50 entering the game

Their Beef Ended Jarule's career and sparked 50's

It seems like this conversation has switched gears from "Rappers Carry Last"

To..."Gangsta Rappers Carry Last"

Truthfully i can't even agree with that either, because you have 2chainz and rick ross at #1 and #3 ..

Two bums who do nothing but rap about cokke, women and Gunz all day

Are 2chainz and Rick Ross gangsters?
I just checked out 2chainz's wiki bio. He went to school through university with good grades. It says he surprised his high school teacher by finishing second in his class lol.

Who cares what they say? You know fully well that what some people sing and rap can be completely contrary to what actually happens in their lives. Ie Drake and most Nigerian musicians. Several Nigerian singers are like "my levels don change, I dey pop champagne" but they can't afford recharge cards.
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:46am On Aug 25, 2012
When "Sub-Par" artist from a Particular Genre can reach Number 1 on Charts and have the most played records in America on Television and Radio Stations

Then that Genre must be doing well

I remember in the early 2000s when Dmx use to push like 7-8 million units.

Are we going to call him Mainstream? lol

Guy rapped about Murda every Bar.

As i am writing this post...i have this corny bum Meek Mills on my Tv right now spitting those garbage lyrics..and this is his 3rd video back to back

I think it's safe to say Rap Artist are very much still relevant...even the Trashy Ones Unfortunately.
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:46am On Aug 25, 2012
~Royal~:

Do Rap Artist from America, go outside of America and Sell out Concerts all over the World?

How can you say Rappers are no longer Active, when they continue to run the game

Makes no sense.

If Rappers were no longer relevant we would not have music charts with garbage rappers as number 1 and we would not have so many people on this Nigerian Forum all Jocking on how much they Love Rick Ross.
my Bad i wanted to say no much famous like the hip hop artist....i think people should redefine the term rap ..cuz to me Rick ross is not a rapper ....but this is to me i might be wrong ..as an american you can answer to this i guess: are drake,lil wayne,rick ross , snoop dog(snoop of today) rappers?... actually the most famoust artists/musicians in the world are Beyonce/Rihanaa/Drake,Kanye west,Jay-z,Lady gaga,Trey songz.etc there are so many but i doubt that the ones i listed are in the rap industry ...maybe u can make it clear to me ..When do you call a song rap? or what's rap nowadys?
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:47am On Aug 25, 2012
grin ~No Rappers are actual "Gangsters" its all Lies~ grin
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 12:50am On Aug 25, 2012
~Royal~:

D[b]o Rap Artist from America, go outside of America and Sell out Concerts all over the World?
[/b]

Makes no sense.

why they don't go outside? maybe because they won't be able to sell....like the hip hop artists
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 1:11am On Aug 25, 2012
ogugua88:

Are 2chainz and Rick Ross gangsters?
I just checked out 2chainz's wiki bio. He went to school through university with good grades. It says he surprised his high school teacher by finishing second in his class lol.

Who cares what they say? You know fully well that what some people sing and rap can be completely contrary to what actually happens in their lives. Ie Drake and most Nigerian musicians. Several Nigerian singers are like "my levels don change, I dey pop champagne" but they can't afford recharge cards.
£ö£! @ r€çhärg€ çärdß.
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 25, 2012
~Royal~:
grin ~No Rappers are actual "Gangsters" its all Lies~ grin
Big Meech was a Gängster and a Rapper.
NWA were gangsters.
I guess most of `em gangster rappers all softened up when money came into rap.
The likes of Dre, Tupac and even 50 were all gun wielding rappers earlier in their carreers.
Even late Dagrin was a freakiñg gangster.
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by eruudy(m): 3:20am On Aug 25, 2012
John mayer all the way ... He sings beautifully and he bangs the most beautiful stars also ..None compare ...
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 3:26am On Aug 25, 2012
Yeah you got a few out there, Like BG was really living the life. A few WestCoast Artist too

But, i have never personally seen a "great" rapper. who was a true "thug"

Tupac was one of the fakest Thugs ever.

Same with nas

Same with Jay

Same with Em

Same with BiG

It's all a gimmick

The truth is, the guys who really live that street life, don't really have the time to practice Rapping

The guys who perfect the craft of rhyming and spitting lyrics are Nerdy Cats. That's the truth of the Situation.

Tupac was a straight geek on the east coast...Hanging around with digital underground

He did not start all that gangsta garbage till he moved out west to cali..and saw all the crips and bloods and Bay Area Lifestyle

He started out in the bay, then moved down to La. But originally pac was an east coast dude going to Acting School over here

Tupac Studied "Acting and Ballet" ...Google it. lol a Gangsta taking Dancing and Ballet Classes

All that Gangsta Nonsense was an Image....Typical "wanna be"...Moved out to Cali and started copying their life style

Still the Best Rapper of All Time imo...but he was fake as hell.
Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Ivynwa(f): 3:44am On Aug 25, 2012
@IjeBabe
Nne who is that Babe wearing short pant that has some tattoo scribbled on her laps? Why did you remove the picture please put it back for me to admire biko. I want to check out the best position to place my tattoo on my laps when I go for it. I love scribbled words tattoo.
Girl when I place that on my laps and dons a short pant, it's gonna be too hot to handle. I see a lady that has a beautiful flower on her laps and when she is wearing something short , you can't help liking the look of that tat on her. Can't wait to get me some cute sophisticated looking ones.

Please who is this dude with a funny Mohawk? Can't he get a more cute mohawk that has a lil width instead of this pencil thing that looks terrible. Wow, I saw a guy in my work place with a mohawk designed as lizard on his head and I was like WTF*reak, the fella is always bringing all kinds of designed mohawk to work. Real creative.

Re: Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 25, 2012
@Royal...
If what you say is really true, then Gangstart rap is just an art to suit the Urban lifestyle of an average American living in the Ghettos #violenceandprostitution .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kim Kardashian Gives Birth To A Girl / Chidinma Slays In Ankara Oufit (photos) / Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.