Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,868 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Its Good To Know Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Nation ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Its Good To Know Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Nation ! (1190 Views)

Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos / Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll / Nigeria The Most Corrupt Nation In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Its Good To Know Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Nation ! by Digiman(m): 7:08pm On Dec 26, 2007
Someone sent this link to me, it makes good food for thought

http://www.slide.com/r/9DZMwipM2T_rKH6zCpsG_584uojOPLtV
Re: Its Good To Know Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Nation ! by vigasimple(m): 8:22pm On Dec 26, 2007
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Nigeria may well be a very corrupt country BUT definitely is NOT the most corrupt country. We have our challenges and mostly dated back to how the colonial masters have programm us and we have stupidly being unable to deprogramm ourselves and transform our mind and situation.

America is the most corrupt nation on earth without a shadow of a doubt. They dupe the whole world especially with military power and now as the only super power and make the dollar the international currency without any backing assets except that it is made in America. They can print more of the greenback and ship it to anybody who want it for their debt to be settled. Before we have the gold standard and at least you know there are assets backing your money. Now all you get is a piece of paper called Dollars diminshing in value fast.

They owe a lot of countries in the world huge amount of money and the debtor has now become the master because if they refuse to pay, there is nothing anybody can do or those country challenging the authority of the USA will become 'axis of evil' (whatever that means) as I am sure the speaker, one WG BUSH don't even know the meaning, it was a speech prepared for him and he read it and he was asking afterwards 'what is an axis' as he think evil is synonomus with anyone who doen't agree with America and therefore they must be AL-QAIDA and they need regime change because he thinks they have WMD because they have to make up some excuse.

See who got WMD (wilful malicious disinformation) WG BUSH himself and Chavez gave him the smell of his own medicine when he called him sulpuric smelling acid.

The other truth is that minority of the powerful people in Nigeria are simply playing the music note of some big powerful countries in the world. They call us bad name, we dance to it and revel in it, and they dump their goods here as we don't manufature any ourselves(part of the ploy- they made us believe that we are no good) and that is a great lie from the pit of hell.

Propaganda is part of war, and good ones with economic warfare and those guy are doing it very well. Even the so call 419 are so daft that their victims are even more stupid to want to reap where they do not sow. some millions of dollars in some stupid African country overnight. The thief and the receiver who is more culpable?

Nigeria is a great country and our brothers and sisters we should try and give it a good name further and shun crimes, 419 etc and let us put rubbish back in the face of the biggest 419 of the world AMERICA

God bless Nigeria and make her great.
Re: Its Good To Know Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Nation ! by almondjoy(f): 10:23am On Dec 27, 2007
Yes, it may not the most corrupt but is one of the most corrupt! kiss

How that makes you feel a tad better is what I cannot understand.

Misery loves company I guess.
Re: Its Good To Know Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Nation ! by babasin(m): 10:36am On Dec 27, 2007
what is corruption?

how do you measure corruption?
Re: Its Good To Know Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Nation ! by rookie(m): 5:26pm On Dec 27, 2007
So it pleases you to know that we might not be the first on the list, but still one of the worst? Would it not be even better if we were no longer considered as a corrupt nation by the rest of the world?

Why would you want to settle for less?
Re: Its Good To Know Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Nation ! by obotutuoko(m): 5:30pm On Dec 27, 2007
Thats a man there talking - not like Nigerians who will put down their own country at any slightest given opportunity.
Re: Its Good To Know Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Nation ! by Digiman(m): 8:46pm On Dec 27, 2007
almondjoy & rookie

As babasin has asked, how do you measure corruption ?.

It's everywhere you go, just beacause other nations are  quick to point the finger at Nigerians does not mean such things do not go on in their own country.

Have you heard of the scams masterminded by the eastern europeans ?, have you heard of the piracy of asians of the far east ?
talk less of America  and Britain, do you think they don't have corrupt people ?, just because you don't hear of it everyday does not mean it does not exists.
Re: Its Good To Know Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Nation ! by wendymanda: 6:12am On Dec 28, 2007
We should be the best at everything we do.
Re: Its Good To Know Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Nation ! by MP007(m): 6:48am On Dec 28, 2007
you people are very funny, who cares about the ranking?this is annoying, who cares if we are number 1 or 4? the point is that the nation is corrupt .we should be talking corruption eradication in stead of corruption ranking, so sad
Re: Its Good To Know Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Nation ! by wendymanda: 6:55am On Dec 28, 2007
you people are very funny, who cares about the ranking?this is annoying, who cares if we are number 1 or 4? the point is that the nation is corrupt .we should be talking corruption eradication in stead of corruption ranking, so sad

So funny.
Re: Its Good To Know Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Nation ! by almondjoy(f): 9:58am On Dec 28, 2007
MP007:

That only goes to show the kind of brains God gave Nigerians!

Brains filled with macaroni and cheese!!!

Digiman:

almondjoy & rookie

As babasin has asked, how do you measure corruption ?.
It's everywhere you go, just beacause other nations are quick to point the finger at Nigerians does not mean such things do not go on in their own country.

Have you heard of the scams masterminded by the eastern europeans ?, have you heard of the piracy of asians of the far east ?
talk less of America and Britain, do you think they don't have corrupt people ?, just because you don't hear of it everyday does not mean it does not exists.

How do you measure corruption? Is it a competition? undecided

Why am I bothering to reply you?

One of them "macaroni and cheesy brain" peeps I was talking about!

Please make sure you change as you get into the coming Year. You can't get very far with this kind of thought process! embarassed
Re: Its Good To Know Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Nation ! by niceuzor: 10:02am On Dec 28, 2007
wait a min. Guyz what's going on here, i came in late undecided
Re: Its Good To Know Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Nation ! by almondjoy(f): 10:05am On Dec 28, 2007
niceuzor:

wait a min. Guys what's going on here, i came in late undecided

Of course! Lounging in "Romance and Sexuality" section all year round! Anyway better late than "ever"! cheesy
Re: Its Good To Know Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Nation ! by niceuzor: 10:10am On Dec 28, 2007
Sister Koyo! please don't mind me,just a little bit romantic i guess but i can't keep lounging in that Section When Something Interesting is Going on here *Sight* So my Country is not the most Corrupt Nation in the World
This is Interesting. wink
Re: Its Good To Know Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Nation ! by mrpataki(m): 10:24am On Dec 28, 2007
babasin:

what is corruption?

Which country do you reside in? shocked

2007 is not over, don't carry this mentality into 2008.
Re: Its Good To Know Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Nation ! by niceuzor: 10:26am On Dec 28, 2007
lol cheesy
Re: Its Good To Know Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Nation ! by babasin(m): 10:37am On Dec 28, 2007
Which country do you reside in?

what does that got to do with my post.

The problem with AFRICANS: we allow other to define us; we are too GULLIBLE.

Let someone answer these questions if they can:

what is corrupion?
who determines the measures to use?
Re: Its Good To Know Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Nation ! by niceuzor: 10:40am On Dec 28, 2007
*Clear Throat*
Re: Its Good To Know Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Nation ! by mrpataki(m): 10:43am On Dec 28, 2007
babasin:

The problem with AFRICANS: we allow other to define us; we are too GULLIBLE.

Just reading the above quote from you, I can deduce you are confused.

This was the same thing I stated in the Adam and Eve thread, you came attacking me for it, yet you come here to state the same word!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-101988.0.html

What is corruption to you? Is Nigeria a corrupt nation?
Re: Its Good To Know Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Nation ! by babasin(m): 10:47am On Dec 28, 2007
I dont go about attacking individuals here.

answer the questions if you can:

what is corrupion?
who determines the measures to use?

until then there is no basis to determine if NIGERIA is corrupt or not.
Re: Its Good To Know Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Nation ! by niceuzor: 10:54am On Dec 28, 2007
And Why are you so Curious about this Questions? Simply give us the answers if you can and stop repeating youself.
Re: Its Good To Know Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Nation ! by babasin(m): 11:13am On Dec 28, 2007
And Why are you so Curious about this Questions? Simply give us the answers if you can and stop repeating youself.

I dont have answer, thats why I asked.

Once I have answer, then It would be easy to see if those fit NIGERIA alone.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Diplomats Abroad / Former Petroleum Ministers Wife Kidnapped By Gunmen / Mallam Spends £4350.00 Or N1.1 Million On Baby Pram At Harrods London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.