Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,059 members, 7,814,645 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 - Jobs/Vacancies (457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 (2397668 Views)

Oyo TESCOM Teachers Recruitment 2013 / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment Test / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (851) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 6:26pm On Oct 27, 2016
PaulThor:
I am 95 percent sure we get paid tomorrow... Four months down... Thank me later....
oya come defend your thesis...
moral of today's lesson-never trust this people,even with as little as 5 percent of your trust.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by ORUWISE(m): 9:06pm On Oct 27, 2016
Strike loading............
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by otubobo: 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2016
in my great aunt's voice" you find work you see, you see work you run"....why!!!!teaching work?....this system we're working under....isnt favourable oh.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by waliezi(m): 10:08pm On Oct 27, 2016
neoph:
the 30 tasan teashers from UBE and SSB make up about 3bn a month in salary... so u know wher de sarari av been goin?

read dis very well.... 90bn spent in 17 months on roads to nowhere... about more than 5bn a month... ndimadu ooo!!!

‘Rivers expends N90bn on roads in 17 months’
By NAN | 26 October 2016 | 10:59 am
The Rivers Government has spent over N90 billion on the construction of critical roads in the last 17 months, Governor Nyesom Wike has said.‬

Mr Simeon Nwakaudu, the Special Assistant to Wike on Electronic Media, said in a statement made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the governor made the disclosure while declaring open the West Africa Architects Fair (WAAF 2016) in Port Harcourt.

‬‪The governor also said that the infrastructure development programme of his administration had been insulated from political consideration for the attainment of positive results.‬

“We have spent over N90 billion on construction, rehabilitation and reconstruction of roads, bridges and jetties.
“This money has effectively delivered over 80 roads while work is ongoing on the construction of about 35 new roads, spread across the three senatorial districts of the state.‬

‪”Most importantly, in order to derive maximum value for money spent, we have insulated our infrastructure development and delivery master plan from political considerations by ensuring that the designing, construction and supervision of all our roads are handled by reputable professionals and construction companies.”‬

‪According to Wike, his administration has overcome the initial challenges of empty treasury, unpaid salaries, insecurity caused by closed courts and a weak economy.‬

‪”When we assumed office, we met a state that was at the lowest rung in all indices of development.

“Besides an empty treasury, we inherited months of unpaid salaries to civil servants and a totally broken infrastructure.

“The poor security situation was exacerbated by the prolonged closure of the courts for over 12 months, leading to unprecedented capital flight and disinvestments.‬

‪”However, 17 months after, we have recorded remarkable achievements in several areas of development.”

He said that his administration’s priority was to clear the backlog of salaries, fix broken roads and transport infrastructure and create jobs by reflating the economy.

“In all these, we have successfully delivered.‬

‪”For instance, apart from clearing the arrears of salaries, we are among the very few states with proven capacity to meet our financial obligations to civil servants, contractors and vendors.”

The governor lauded Nigerian Architects for their contributions to the development of the country.

He recalled that since his days as council chairman of Obio/Akpor Local Government Area up to becoming the o Minister of State for Education and now governor, he had been collaborating with architects to deliver quality projects.‬

‪In his remarks, the President, Nigeria Institute of Architects, Mr Tonye Braide, said that members were working towards developing new cities that would help grow the economies of different countries.‬

‪NAN reports that WAAF 2016 is a gathering of architects and allied professionals from across the West Africa sub-region.

Yes d 90b claim on road is verifiable n could be true because Wike has done/is really doing a lot in road rehabilitation. #plsWikePayUpMyColleagues#
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by debans22: 5:52am On Oct 28, 2016
ORUWISE:
Strike loading............
Yes oooooooooo....................... 99.9%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by tekxx: 6:40am On Oct 28, 2016
waliezi:

Yes d 90b claim on road is verifiable n could be true because Wike has done/is really doing a lot in road rehabilitation. #plsWikePayUpMyColleagues#

come to Oyigbo and see the road he commissioned in September last year!
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 28, 2016
debans22:

Yes oooooooooo....................... 99.9%
make una dey dey wait for strike. I've been on strike since resumption. If the government wan scatter education for rivers state I go help them scatter am wella.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 6:55am On Oct 28, 2016
darkstan:
I called a reliable source (a family friend) who is a senior staff in the ministry of finance yesterday evening and asked if it is true that Governor Wike refused to approve payment of our salary arrears. He asked me if I've received September salary and I answered yes. He told me that Governor Wike was not the person who went on air and said he that he is not owing any teachers salary. He told me that more two months arrears are coming and that I should relax. The person who gave me this info is more or less like an uncle to me since the death of my parents and believe he will not lie to me.
please help us find out from this your family friend at the ministry of finance to explain what is happening. have they really started processing the payment of our arrears? thanks.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Okjay: 8:34am On Oct 28, 2016
waliezi:

My dear it is well fed human beings that will walk or drive on a road made of gold.he ought to balance whatever he is doing with human capital development. u should rather say he is working on roads cos that's where he is stealing from

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by darkstan(m): 9:16am On Oct 28, 2016
gold360:
please help us find out from this your family friend at the ministry of finance to explain what is happening. have they really started processing the payment of our arrears? thanks.

I have called him this morning and he said the money that was approved to pay us two months arrears was diverted to pay pensioners. My own strike has already begun. Right now, I'm preparing my CV for submission in a private firm.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kingsjeroneyah: 9:27am On Oct 28, 2016
Strike loading............. 80% as at this morning.
Salary waited for...... Till even tide.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by tekxx: 12:40pm On Oct 28, 2016
darkstan:
I have called him this morning and he said the money that was approved to pay us two months arrears was diverted to pay pensioners. My own strike has already begun. Right now, I'm preparing my CV for submission in a private firm.

please, did Our Uncle say what made them not to pay us in the first place??
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Rexmarysweet(m): 1:22pm On Oct 28, 2016
BELIEVE NYESOM WIKE AND NKPOGENE AND THEN YOU CAN BELIEVE THE STORY OF A PREGNANT VIRGIN.

CHECK THE DICTIONARY MEANING OF SCAM!!!
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by wealthyprince(m): 1:47pm On Oct 28, 2016
darkstan:

Jesus have mercy. I just don't know whether to laugh or cry.....the whole thing is just funny to me. Approve to pay us and yet diverted for another purpose....hmmm who approve the diversion? This thing is becoming serious every day and NUT chairman is still enjoying their romance. OK...we shall see how it will end though hungry and angry am watching and praying. #payteachersnow
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 1:50pm On Oct 28, 2016
darkstan:
see wickedness oh.. to think i left my job at indomie where i was assured of a decent salary and carton of indomie every month end for this job because of job security and pension that comes with it oh.. OK I've now SECURED hunger.. my people.. on your mark, get set....STRIKE
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by wealthyprince(m): 1:55pm On Oct 28, 2016
As important as the Doctors are they still go on strike to put pressure on government but here is NUT telling us to go to work with empty stomach and in debt so that when they pay the money become meaningless. Tomorrow they will compare teaching work with Doctors and lawyers who are ready to save their members at all cost. How noble is a profession that want its member to die before they get a small simple salary they have toiled for? I have a friend whose house rent expired since July yet his only source of income is put on hold by greedy politician. ..No wonder someone called them chameleon...they promise A and do Z.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by dmercy141983(m): 2:23pm On Oct 28, 2016
gold360:
see wickedness oh.. to think i left my job at indomie where i was assured of a decent salary and carton of indomie every month end for this job because of job security and pension that comes with it oh.. OK I've now SECURED hunger.. my people.. on your mark, get set....STRIKE
wealthyprince:

Jesus have mercy. I just don't know whether to laugh or cry.....the whole thing is just funny to me. Approve to pay us and yet diverted for another purpose....hmmm who approve the diversion? This thing is becoming serious every day and NUT chairman is still enjoying their romance. OK...we shall see how it will end though hungry and angry am watching and praying. #payteachersnow
darkstan:

I don't believe the post that says our approved money was diverted to pay pensioners ... Its a n expensive joke and if indeed it is true then its a pity doom is their portion.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by dmercy141983(m): 2:30pm On Oct 28, 2016
Some months back head of service, commissioner of finance and governor wike nyeso fixed our money in order to get interest ( may God punish dem accordingly) now that I read that money signed for our payment have been used to pay pensioners ( though I don't believe that report ) may God punish them accordingly ...
Its a pity evil men ate ruling.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 2:35pm On Oct 28, 2016
dmercy141983:

I don't believe the post that says our approved money was diverted to pay pensioners ... Its a n expensive joke and if indeed it is true then its a pity doom is their portion.
my brother, my colleague's view also tallies with yours. when i first informed her about this division of a thing. you know wetin the andoni girl reply me? she said
SATAN GET THEE BEHIND ME..

omo,make them pay this money today oh.' if not thousands of teachers go take them do dangerous prayer points for today's night vigil.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by otubobo: 3:21pm On Oct 28, 2016
I go wait till them pay this months salary....local government workers smiled to the bank some received 3months, some 2 and half months, pensioners received 2months..heaven forbid!!!! rivers state government pays teachers without arrears. its long over due....mbanu now.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 5:14pm On Oct 28, 2016
make una rest.. una hear?
no show today.

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Leader01(m): 6:25pm On Oct 28, 2016
See how the government and NUT is playing with teachers as though the teachers are little kids, forgetting that the least teacher is a graduate and is well qualified to occupy the office of the governor state or even that of the President

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by tutudame(m): 6:29pm On Oct 28, 2016
The reason they paid some of us n left others out is not cuz they had any intention of reducing the number of unpaid workers,rather it was meant to create confusion amongst us.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by darkstan(m): 10:06pm On Oct 28, 2016
I don't post information that I'm not sure of. The same person who told me that our two months arrears was diverted to pay pensioners two months arrears was the same person who told me to relax after we were paid September salary that we will be paid two months arrears. I went to Ministry of Finance last week Wednesday to Ministry of Finance see him personally and he told me to relax and wait for the two months arrears. It is this morning that he told me the true position of things. If u like, believe it or not, my father is the mentor of the person who gives me info and he has never given me false info. We should be thinking of ways to stop NUT from deducting union dues from our salary because it is our union dues that they share every month as rebate. I am speaking from a very informed source. My maternal aunt is the NUT Treasurer in my LGA. A word is enough for the wise. I will stop giving confidential update because many people here are not aluta conscious and that's why we are suffering. We don't need Rivers State NUT Chairman's approval to enforce strike when he has already been compromised.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by barika2011(m): 10:27pm On Oct 28, 2016
darkstan:
I don't post information that I'm not sure of. The same person who told me that our two months arrears was diverted to pay pensioners two months arrears was the same person who told me to relax after we were paid September salary that we will be paid two months arrears. I went to Ministry of Finance last week Wednesday to Ministry of Finance see him personally and he told me to relax and wait for the two months arrears. It is this morning that he told me the true position of things. If u like, believe it or not, my father is the mentor of the person who gives me info and he has never given me false info. We should be thinking of ways to stop NUT from deducting union dues from our salary because it is our union dues that they share every month as rebate. I am speaking from a very informed source. My maternal aunt is the NUT Treasurer in my LGA. A word is enough for the wise. I will stop giving confidential update because many people here are not aluta conscious and that's why we are suffering. We don't need Rivers State NUT Chairman's approval to enforce strike when he has never already been compromised.
darkstan:
I don't post information that I'm not sure of. The same person who told me that our two months arrears was diverted to pay pensioners two months arrears was the same person who told me to relax after we were paid September salary that we will be paid two months arrears. I went to Ministry of Finance last week Wednesday to Ministry of Finance see him personally and he told me to relax and wait for the two months arrears. It is this morning that he told me the true position of things. If u like, believe it or not, my father is the mentor of the person who gives me info and he has never given me false info. We should be thinking of ways to stop NUT from deducting union dues from our salary because it is our union dues that they share every month as rebate. I am speaking from a very informed source. My maternal aunt is the NUT Treasurer in my LGA. A word is enough for the wise. I will stop giving confidential update because many people here are not aluta conscious and that's why we are suffering. We don't need Rivers State NUT Chairman's approval to enforce strike when he has never already been compromised.
My broda abeg continue to give us any info u have... But rumour flying round has it dat the wicked governor is threatening to sack any teacher dat goes on strike...we are in trouble in rivers state....oooo God i miss amaechi...I remember on the 2nd/_3rd of the new month I move with my ATM card cos I know amaechi wud alert me..it is still the same wicked man dat diverted amaechi's attention in the ending part of his tenure...under did wicked governor as minister of state,..ASUU went on strike for close to 6 months... God please answer us........

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by xxkash: 10:39pm On Oct 28, 2016
Salary loading.................failed system error
Strick loading..........................................110%
Now you know thoes who have your well being at heart.
You can not always be the level headed one in the family if so you will continue be the one at the other end of the stick. Violence begat violence and to the Dogs speak their language. That is and will be the only way forward
Don't get me wrong, am not advocating for violence I am just saying the rivers state teachers has been blacklisted.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by emekatex: 4:51am On Oct 29, 2016
darkstan:
I don't post information that I'm not sure of. The same person who told me that our two months arrears was diverted to pay pensioners two months arrears was the same person who told me to relax after we were paid September salary that we will be paid two months arrears. I went to Ministry of Finance last week Wednesday to Ministry of Finance see him personally and he told me to relax and wait for the two months arrears. It is this morning that he told me the true position of things. If u like, believe it or not, my father is the mentor of the person who gives me info and he has never given me false info. We should be thinking of ways to stop NUT from deducting union dues from our salary because it is our union dues that they share every month as rebate. I am speaking from a very informed source. My maternal aunt is the NUT Treasurer in my LGA. A word is enough for the wise. I will stop giving confidential update because many people here are not aluta conscious and that's why we are suffering. We don't need Rivers State NUT Chairman's approval to enforce strike when he has already been compromised.
Pls keep sharing ur info here. I believe u 100percent. Hwever, did ur uncle tell u when next we are likely to receive d salary arreas? The truth is that Govt will pay but we do nt knw when.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Chibuking81(m): 7:12am On Oct 29, 2016
Who will declare the strike? Is it the scam NUT?

I have zero my mind at the side of NUT.

Governor would have paid our arrears salary by now, had it been that our one chance NUT did not show up at first place.

NUT only compounded our problem.

When ever the governor like let him pay our arrears.

I am patiently waiting and praying for federal government job, or establishing a big time business. With that I will resign from this job,

Because the way it is now, this job is not taking us any where.

We don't have NUT, what we have now is "radio info & other radio stations" governor hear us only through media.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Hopesweet2: 7:34am On Oct 29, 2016
@Darkstan, nobody is saying that the information you gave is false.

The man unquote may not be accurate about everything because from what l was told earlier on, both teachers and pensioners were to be paid two months. If they had paid pensioners first does not mean it is teachers salaries that is being diverted.

I will rather say that, we shouldn't jump into conclusions yet because l don't know who told us that we will be paid this week.....

If we are so lucky, they may pay us next week. But with assurance , payment commences from 7th of November.

I rest my case

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (851) (Reply)

Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs / Updated-New Job Vacancies

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.