Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' (3231 Views)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Should Christians Support Israel In Their Middle East Wars - Vote / Should Christians Support The Death Penalty? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 22, 2012
Scofield and the dispensationalists see the tribulation as a fulfillment of Dan 9:24-27 with a 2,000 year gap between the 69th and 70th week. According to them, Jesus has a bride which is the church and then a separate relationship with the Jews. But the Bible says that Jesus has removed the dividing wall, that in Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile, but rather one new man (Colossians 3:10-11). Jesus’ prayer was not that we would be taken out of world but that we would be kept from evil (Jn 17:15)
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Joagbaje(m): 4:07pm On Aug 22, 2012
frosbel:

In the new covenant, there is no favouritism, it is either in unbelief or belief.

Jews in their unbelief are not any more special than any other gentile in unbelief. God makes no rules for one and another for a different set.

This is a diffrent thing now. it is was not the original idea i got from your write up. you were talking about the support for isreal and not about favouritism.

This matter never ceases to baffle me as to why a large proportion of Christians support the physical nation called 'ISRAEL' despite their endless atrocities and unruly behaviour.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by oiseworld: 4:47pm On Aug 22, 2012
frosbel:

In the new covenant, there is no favouritism, it is either in unbelief or belief.

Jews in their unbelief are not any more special than any other gentile in unbelief. God makes no rules for one and another for a different set.

It is one set of rules, except you be born again ( Jew or Gentile - remember Nicodemus ) you shall likewise perish.

More importantly the body of Christ is made up of believing Jews and believing Gentiles. The body of Christ is not made up of believing Jews, unbelieving Jews and believing Gentiles.

To accept this heretical dual covenant theology is to make a mockery of the sacrifice of Christ Jesus.

There is but one covenant , this is that which was promised through Abraham by faith and not by ethnicity. Circumcision came as a sign after faith not before faith so that no man can boast that by his works he was saved. We are saved by faith in the promise made to Abraham which is fulfilled in Christ Jesus.

Therefore a physical nation called Israel and which still rejects Christ is actually anti Christ as apostle John mentioned.

To go contrary to John's inspired statement is to add to the word of God based on the false interpretations of Men like Hal Lindsey and countless other false prophets.

frosbel i think you're right again. After going through SNCOQ3's link it became clearer. But i think he himself didn't get the message.

If God had been using the isrealite from the begining, it would be unfair if Jesus the saviour of the world didn't come from there.moreover, God already promised their father's (i think David) that the messiah would come through his generation. This relationship was what God tried to mend when he sent christ to the people of isreal, but christ actually came for all man kind.
Isrealite who do not accept christ are the tree that he cut off.
(Romans 11:20: 20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fearsmiley
Romans 11:21: 21 For if God spared not the natural branches, [take heed] lest he also spare not thee.

The passage above shows that no human or nation,race or ethnic has an automatic place in heaven. Only those who accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour.

Yet, if we read the book of revelation we would understand that most of the endtme battles would take place in isreal(the present nation)/the middle east. Probably why a lot misinterprete this issue of isreal nation ( present day isreal) being a special nation to God.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Goshen360(m): 8:31pm On Aug 22, 2012
I wonder why people will clearly read the truth and still argue with the truth in a kind of thread like this. Yes, Israel produced the Messiah but it was in the fulfillment to the promise of God less God becomes a liar and covenant breaker. I have nothing against natural Israel but it is very clear from the word of God that believing Jews and Gentiles together makes the body of Christ - the church. How can God then be dealing with just one nation in a geographical location. What then shall be say? Has God cast away His people? Certainly not. Those who believe shall be saved.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Joagbaje(m): 6:52am On Aug 23, 2012
There's one Body, Jesus Christ . But Israel was chosen above all nations , its an everlasting covenat. Jesus will rule the world in the millenial reign from jerusalem. it will be Gods geographical headquarters forever.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by SNCOQ3(m): 6:57am On Aug 23, 2012
@oiseworld and Goshen360, My first link is regrettably unclear especially towards the end. I am not disputing your position; Salvation is by Jesus Christ ONLY and their is NO favoritism- That is not what i am disputing. Arab christians(Palestinians, Iraqis, Lebanese...) are spiritual jews therefore are God's children- are we clear on that? My point is: God has not abandoned the biological jews. They are still under God's protection and His ultimate plan is to restore them in Christ. I am going to address frosbel's damning accusation against the jews later in the evening.

To clarify my position:
--------------
Firstly, notice that the nation of Israel is still "beloved" by God today for their fathers' sakes [Replacement theologians need to read their Bible and believe it!]. God has not "cast away His people" Israel, for the gifts and calling of God (to the Jews) are without repentance (Romans 11:1, 28,29). That call and those gifts, divinely granted to Abraham and his descendants, are first recorded in Genesis 12:1-3. They were to be a "kingdom of priests, a holy nation" (Exodus 19:5-6), to bring His salvation to the world. So God gave to them a land to be the centre from which to fulfill this destiny (Genesis 13:14-18).

Further, that God intends to save the Jews in the end-time and to use them in a very definite way, before Christ returns, is clear from Romans 11:12 (Amplified): "Now if their stumbling has so enriched the world, and if (Israel's) failure means such riches for the Gentiles, think what an enrichment and greater advantage will follow their full reinstatement."

http://theemmauswalk.tripod.com/endtimedestiny.html
----------------
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Joagbaje(m): 7:06am On Aug 23, 2012
SNCOQ3: @oiseworld and Goshen360, My fisrt link is regrettably unclear especially towards the end. I am not disputing your position; Salvation is by Jesus Christ ONLY and their is NO favoritism- That is not what i am disputing. Arab christians(Palestinians, Iraqis, Lebanese...) are spiritual jews therefore are God's children- are we clear on that? My point is: God has not abandoned the biological jews. They are still under God's protection and His ultimate plan is to restore them in Christ. I am going to address frosbel's damning accusation against the jews later in the evening.l
----------------

That's right . God cannot abandon his chosen nation. They only experience a temporary set back. Paul warned us not to boast against the natural Israel .because they were temporarily broken off olive branch.

Romans 11:17-18
And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; 18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. . . . 24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

Why did he use the term "THEIR OWN". Why are the names on the gates of the new city from Israel ? Etc and etc. they are chosen by Gods election.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by SNCOQ3(m): 7:15am On Aug 23, 2012
^ God bless you!

I hope my brothers will focus on the real issue now that we are clear on the error of "replacement theology".
Joagbaje:
This is a diffrent thing now. it is was not the original idea i got from your write up. you were talking about the support for isreal and not about favouritism.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by ijawkid(m): 8:11am On Aug 23, 2012
Joagbaje:

That's right . God cannot abandon his chosen nation. They only experience a temporary set back. Paul warned us not to boast against the natural Israel .because they were temporarily broken off olive branch.

Romans 11:17-18
And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; 18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. . . . 24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

Why did he use the term "THEIR OWN". Why are the names on the gates of the new city from Israel ? Etc and etc. they are chosen by Gods election.

GOD deals with individuals and no longer with any nation,,,....not even physical Isreal anymore...........

U guys will drag us back and make many say Yahweh is a racist.......

If u assume Yahweh still does support isreal as a nation till date ,then u guys are implying that all d recent killings and political wars fought by isreal were supported by Yahweh....

But let me tell u this......

Daniel 2:44 tells us that all earthly governments would be crushed by Gods kingdom,and the nation of isreal is in that group......

GOD has no business with isreal as a nation anymore.....

The scriptures says it all.......

If any jew chooses to follow Christ then no wahala.....

Its an individual race,no longer a national race.........

Thanks.....
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Joagbaje(m): 8:57am On Aug 23, 2012
you dont get the point, read, my post again, God deals with people individually, God would judge us individually but geographically, God's headquaters on earth is isreal, and it would be for ever. there is a spritual structure and a physical structure of God's kingdom, we should understand the balance. just like in the church today, we all have equal salvation, yet there is administrative structure in the local church.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 23, 2012
Joagbaje: you dont get the point, read, my post again, God deals with people individually, God would judge us individually but geographically, God's headquaters on earth is isreal, and it would be for ever. there is a spritual structure and a physical structure of God's kingdom, we should understand the balance. just like in the church today, we all have equal salvation, yet there is administrative structure in the local church.

God's headquarters is Heaven and the Earth is his footstool not physical Israel. This present heaven and earth is corrupt including the nation called Israel and will be utterly destroyed by fire to make way for the new.

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea." - Revelation 21:1

Christ Jesus will dwell with believers as King in the new Jerusalem not the old forsaken Jerusalem.

"'Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. What kind of house will you build for me? says the Lord. Or where will my resting place be?" - Acts 7:49

"I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband." - Revelation 21:2
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by oiseworld: 10:00am On Aug 23, 2012
please, lets take a careful look at the whole of Rom 11. It spoke specifically on this argument.
God help us.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by ijawkid(m): 10:10am On Aug 23, 2012
Joagbaje: you dont get the point, read, my post again, God deals with people individually, God would judge us individually but geographically, God's headquaters on earth is isreal, and it would be for ever. there is a spritual structure and a physical structure of God's kingdom, we should understand the balance. just like in the church today, we all have equal salvation, yet there is administrative structure in the local church.

U still don't get it too....

That covenant God had with d isrealites as a nation is gone ......no longer exists.....

God has no head quaters oooooo here on earth........

Gods kingdom is now situated in heaven...

That's where Yahwehs king designate resides.....HEAVEN......

Now I see why many strive to go to the pilgrimage........

God does not have any head quaters as we speak here on earth(not with any nation)............
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 23, 2012
oiseworld: please, lets take a careful look at the whole of Rom 11. It spoke specifically on this argument.
God help us.

I agree, a separate article to discuss Romans 11 has been raised.

https://www.nairaland.com/1026341/let-us-rightly-divide-romans

Let us discuss this in detail there.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:23am On Aug 23, 2012
oiseworld:

please, lets take a careful look at the whole of Rom 11. It spoke specifically on this argument.
God help us.

This verse sums it up.

"And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob" (Romans 11:26).

11:26 Israel shall be saved. The complete restoration of Israel will climax the purging trials of “the day of Jacob’s trouble” (Jeremiah 30:7). Paul refers here to Isaiah 59:20. This will take place when Christ returns to earth to establish His millennial kingdom centered in Jerusalem (Zechariah 12:8-10; 13:1; 14:9), following the great tribulation period (Matthew 24:29-31). The surviving and resurrected Jews will all acknowledge Jesus Christ as their Messiah and Savior in that day.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 23, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

This verse sums it up.

"And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob" (Romans 11:26).

Wrong again.

ALL Israel here refers to the entire group of spiritual Israel, the body of Christ.

"It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham's children. On the contrary, "It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned." - Romans 9:6-7

And yes, the deliverer came out of Zion and he is turning away all ungodliness from the Israel of GOD.

He is purifying his church to make it spotlesss and without SIN ( ungodliness ).

"Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand." - Daniel 12:10

"and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless." - Ephesians 5:27

God is not going to automatically save all the Jews despite their wilful rejection of him.

He is dealing with the Jews as he is dealing with the Gentiles today, which is through the Holy Spirit, convicting the world of sin, judgement and righteousness.

So what about the Jews who are saved today and number into the tens of thousands, are they not part of that remnant

How can God save all the Jews today by some automatic process and then prevent the gentiles from experiencing this same favour. This is false.

Nay , God is no respecter of persons. Only those who wilfully accept Christ Jesus and repent of their sins will be saved , both Jew and Gentile.

All Israel will be saved, this is the Israel of God , for not all Israel is Israel and neither is he a Jew because of outward circumcision, he counts for a Jew only through the inward circumcision of his heart through the blood of Jesus.

Brother, the way is narrow and that way is through Christ Jesus.

There is no such thing as two separate roads, one for Jews and one for Gentiles.

Salvation and admittance into the kingdom of God is by the same rule.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Joagbaje(m): 10:45am On Aug 23, 2012
ijawkid:

U still don't get it too....

That covenant God had with d isrealites as a nation is gone ......no longer exists.....

God has no head quaters oooooo here on earth........

Gods kingdom is now situated in heaven...

That's where Yahwehs king designate resides.....HEAVEN......

Now I see why many strive to go to the pilgrimage........

God does not have any head quaters as we speak here on earth(not with any nation)............

youre still missing something, heaven is not our final destination, earth is our final abode. God himself would come to the earth to establish a new jerusalem which would be hos headquaters. try read the book of revelations
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 23, 2012
Joagbaje:

youre still missing something, heaven is not our final destination, earth is our final abode. God himself would come to the earth to establish a new jerusalem which would be hos headquaters. try read the book of revelations

Now we agree, Lord Jesus Christ himself will dwell with us in the new Jerusalem not the physical Jerusalem.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:32am On Aug 23, 2012
Kingdom Of Priests

"And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel" (Exodus 19:6).

These were the words of God to Israel, even before they received the Ten Commandments on Mount Sinai. As a priest serves as an intermediary between God and men, so this "kingdom of priests" had been called by God to bring God’s word to man. As a holy nation with such a high calling, its people also should have been holy (that is, consecrated to God) in life and witness. But instead, after almost 2000 years, God had to lament: "All day long have I stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people" (Romans 10:21).

There will still come a day when "all Israel shall be saved" (Romans 11:26), but God has, in the meantime, chosen a new people, in whom "there is neither Jew nor Greek . . . for ye are all one in Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:28 ). We are now "one body in Christ, and every one members one of another" (Romans 12:5).

We now have been given the same high privileges long ago given to Israel. We who belong to Christ have been "born again" into the "kingdom of God" (John 3:3), and this is nothing less than a kingdom of priests, a holy nation. The apostle Peter said: "Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ" (1 Peter 2:5).

Not only are we a holy priesthood, we are a royal priesthood, a kingdom of priest-kings. "Ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous light" (1 Peter 2:9). We, indeed, have a high calling, and should devote our lives to showing forth His praises, for He "hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father; to Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever" (Revelation 1:6). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 23, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Kingdom Of Priests

"And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel" (Exodus 19:6).

This is an anti-type of the true Israel which consists of old testament saints to the present day body of Christ.

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." - 1 Peter 2:9

Titus 2:14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

These were the words of God to Israel, even before they received the Ten Commandments on Mount Sinai. As a priest serves as an intermediary between God and men, so this "kingdom of priests" had been called by God to bring God’s word to man. As a holy nation with such a high calling, its people also should have been holy (that is, consecrated to God) in life and witness. But instead, after almost 2000 years, God had to lament: "All day long have I stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people" (Romans 10:21).

We are a kingdom of priests who belong to the true nation of Israel.

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood " - 1 Peter 2:9

Always read the old testament in the context of anti-types.

So whereas the nation of Israel in the old was physical, in the new it is spiritual

There will still come a day when "all Israel shall be saved" (Romans 11:26), but God has, in the meantime, chosen a new people, in whom "there is neither Jew nor Greek . . . for ye are all one in Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:28 ). We are now "one body in Christ, and every one members one of another" (Romans 12:5).

All Israel here denotes the church or Israel of GOD. All the called out ones will be saved.

"I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand." - John 10:28

We now have been given the same high privileges long ago given to Israel. We who belong to Christ have been "born again" into the "kingdom of God" (John 3:3), and this is nothing less than a kingdom of priests, a holy nation. The apostle Peter said: "Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ" (1 Peter 2:5).

We are Israel, together with Jew , we Gentiles have been grated into the true Israel which is rooted in Christ Jesus.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by oiseworld: 9:57am On Aug 24, 2012
double post.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Joagbaje(m): 9:59am On Aug 24, 2012
frosbel:

Now we agree, Lord Jesus Christ himself will dwell with us in the new Jerusalem not the physical Jerusalem.

It's physical sir. Nations will still exist in the new world . God will make all thing new in world system. New structure ,administration etc. but geographically ,nations will still be where they are presently. The new Jerusalem will still be where the old Jerusalem was.

The gates will have the names of the 12 tribes of the old Israeal and the 12 apostles of the lamb who were also natural Jews.

Jesus still identufiy himself as seed of David . It's an everlasting covenant. They only have a tempirary set back. God and Christ will eventually come to terbarnacle in physical geographical Israel as his headquarter on earth. Nations will be coming to visit Jerusalem .

Revelation 21:2-4
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Revelation 21:12
And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

Revelation 21:24-26
And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. 25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. 26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations
into it
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by oiseworld: 10:02am On Aug 24, 2012
after much consultation,as we must agree this topic is a sensitive one i came up with this findings.

God is God, he can do and undo, he never lies and what ever he says, that he would do. As we stand today, the only way to God is thru Jesus christ, and their exist no other way.
But if we must remember, while on the cross, Jesus died in the mist of two thieves, one accused him of not being able to save himself, the other rebuked him and asked christ to remember him in paradise. Jesus replyed today shalt thou be with me in paradise. Luke 23:39-43. If at such a last hour, one could be saved. Then anything is possible with God.

Somewhere in revelation we where told that in the last days there shall be great revival and withnesses and testimonies even in this present isreal. Many shall turn to the Lord and they ( the present isreal/jew) shall finally come to accepting christ as the messiah. This nd time revival would also continue allover the nations of the earth.

I was made to understand clearly that the jews are Gods people, his own chosen people.John 1:11: 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.John 1:12: 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

This i believe is Gods plan for the jews and the church.

The land of isreal is a blessed land, the people are blessed people. that they now have a owners corner in heaven automatically without christ is not true. But according to the bible we can't phantom the ways and misteries of God.Thats why he is God. If he has told us that their would be lots of surprises in heaven, then we should be prepared and work out our own salvation with as much fear and trembling. Phi 2:12.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Joagbaje(m): 10:09am On Aug 24, 2012
Jesus identifies with natural Israel still

Revelation 22:16
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 24, 2012
@ Frosbel,

Interesting discussion you bring up here. I may not be able to support your thinking about the verses of revelation you quoted but I do support most of your conclusions. Especially that it's all about Christ and the church and not the Jewish nation and the church. That is 100% perfect

@ Ola

I agree with you that replacement theology is unscriptural, so also is Jewish superiority, where modern Israel can continue to commit crimes and some Christians either support them or keep silent because they still think that somehow God has made them more important than other men. I have even heard some preachers claim that on the judgement day, some jews would be judged by the law of Moses, even though Christ has died for them only that they refused, so that it might be fulfilled that all Jews will be grafted in.

While many do quote those verses you cited to support the prophesies concerning Israel return in 1948, the fact remains those prophesies may not be appropriate because most of the lands have not been reclaimed by Israel. And East Jerusalem will likely go to the Arabs in the near future (the reason Tel-Aviv and not Jerusalem is the capital of Israel). The Zionist movement (not Judaism now) has been doing all it can to restore the whole land of ancient Israel, some parts which is today under the control of some Arab states notably Syria.

Ultimately when Christians understand the significance of Christ's death we would not think some nations are more important than others in Christ, or that some Pastors are priests unto God while some other Christians are just laymen, we would not think tithe is somehow more blessed than giving 5% if that’s what we can afford. We would be doing our best to support people in need especially members of the Christian faith as our way of giving to God and not give all to a pastor who is already wealthy at the expense of the needy, We would not be observing Jewish laws in order to " perfect" our Christian faith.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Joagbaje(m): 3:14pm On Aug 24, 2012
belabela:

While many do quote those verses you cited to support the prophesies concerning Israel return in 1948, the fact remains those prophesies may not be appropriate because most of the lands have not been reclaimed by Israel. And East Jerusalem will likely go to the Arabs in the near future (the reason Tel-Aviv and not Jerusalem is the capital of Israel). The Zionist movement (not Judaism now) has been doing all it can to restore the whole land of ancient Israel, some parts which is today under the control of some Arab states notably Syria..

The 1948 incidence is a clear fulfillment of prophecy for Gods people isreal.

When israel was declared a nation in 1948. It took the world by surprise . Because the name of Israel had been wiped off the map of the world according to prophecy of the bible.They had changed the name of the land to Palestine .for about 2000 years,Israel had ceased to be a nation

Psalms 83:4
4 They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from [being] a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.

Even theologians had given up on israel , but when it happened ,historians couldnt believe their ears. Israel had been scattered all over the earth. Not only that, they were been slaughtered in many nation. Hitler killed millions of them .The name of their land had been changed to Palestine by the ottoman empire,and they brought Arabs to occupy that land. They had no more homeland .there was no way Israel could exist again. But in 1948 , the prophecy came to pass. It was never done in history that a nation who's name had been wiped off resurrects again.

The bible had predicted that God would scatter them if they remain stubborn . They did and he did. By AD 70 . The Romans invaded and destroyed Israel. After that several nations came and did their own destruction. Until the name was removed from world map. After much suffering by many of them in several nations even though some prospered earlier. They began to return to their homeland who's name had been changed to Palestine land .

How did this happen
After the defeat of Hitler's Third Reich the United Nations in November 1947 passed the "Resolution For the Partition of Palestine," granting a portion to the Jews, a portion to the Arabs, and internationalizing Jerusalem. The Arabs rejected the plan. The Jews did not like the plan but accepted it, believing 'half a loaf to be better than none.

Although they may not know it, the nations jointly, by doing so, have set themselves on a collision course with  the prophecy of the bible in Joel

Joel 3:1 
For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem 2 I will also gather all nations. . . and will plead with them there for my people and [for] my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

Some of these parted land  were miraculously recovered from  Egypt Jordan Judea and Samaria as well as east Jerusalem containing the Temple Mount.  When the arab gathered to fight the small returnees of Israel so that they could finally eliminate them ,The world was watching but couldnt do anything to save israel. Israel only fought to defend themselves and miraculously they did without help. Not only did they survive, miraculously also they recovered some of the parted land from the Arabs . It was then the world moved in for peace and demanded that israel should returned some of the land conquered . But they are yet to have full claim of Jerusalem now. That is the present conflict they face now.

Isaiah 66:8
8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? [or] shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

. . . But the nation was born in one day.. . .
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 24, 2012
Joagbaje:

The 1948 incidence is a clear fulfillment of prophecy for Gods people isreal.

When israel was declared a nation in 1948. It took the world by surprise . Because the name of Israel had been wiped off the map of the world according to prophecy of the bible.They had changed the name of the land to Palestine .for about 2000 years,Israel had ceased to be a nation

4 They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from [being] a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.

Have you considered that the present day Israel is a great deception sent by Satan to derail the church , the true Israel

Why do you not accept what Scripture says about who the true Israel is.?

“For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God through faith. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one n Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s offspring, heirs according to promise.” - Galatians 3:26-29

Even theologians had given up on israel , but when it happened ,historians couldnt believe their ears.

Theologians ? Who are they ?

Peter , Paul , John , Thomas etc , were not Theologians, why do we need them, what happened to the Holy Spirit ?

Israel had been scattered all over the earth. Not only that, they were been slaughtered in many nation. Hitler killed millions of them .The name of their land had been changed to Palestine by the ottoman empire,and they brought Arabs to occupy that land. They had no more homeland .there was no way Israel could exist again. But in 1948 , the prophecy came to pass. It was never done in history that a nation who's name had been wiped off resurrects again.

You are joking right ?

Not the part about the holocaust, that was bad , but about the fact that there was no one living in the land.

Friend, before the Jews moved into that land gradually until 1948, Palestinian Arabs lived there and had been for centuries. To suddenly kick them out because God said so does not line up with the bible.

Israel the physical received a deadly wound in 70ad when the temple was destroyed, today the wound is healed and they are warmongering all over the middle east. Are we saying that God supports this rascal behavior of the so called chosen. Are they better that the Palestinians ? Are we not all human ?

The bible had predicted that God would scatter them if they remain stubborn . They did and he did. By AD 70 . The Romans invaded and destroyed Israel. After that several nations came and did their own destruction. Until the name was removed from world map. After much suffering by many of them in several nations even though some prospered earlier. They began to return to their homeland who's name had been changed to Palestine land .

Heresy is to teach that a Jew, by virtue of his race (flesh), is still a chosen one of God through the Old Covenant. The same heresy claims that a collection of Jews (even agnostics, atheists, and secularists) who inhabit the political Israeli state is still a chosen people under the Old Covenant, receiving the promises and prophesies of that covenant just because they are born Jews and live in a nation calling itself “Israel.”
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 24, 2012
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Joagbaje(m): 4:21am On Aug 25, 2012
frosbel:

Have you considered that the present day Israel is a great deception sent by Satan to derail the church , the true Israel

That's not true. They are fulfillment of prophecy. As I shared earlier.

Why do you not accept what Scripture says about who the true Israel is.?

“For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God through faith. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one n Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s offspring, heirs according to promise.” - Galatians 3:26-29

I accept what the bible says . That's in Christ but not in God. In God they are still beloved and he loves them. The kingdom of Christ is trmpora. There will be a unity whereby Christ will deliver his kingdom to the father. Christ is the head of the church .

[quote]Theologians ? Who are they ?

The term refers to bible scholars and prophecy students

Peter , Paul , John , Thomas etc , were not Theologians, why do we need them, what happened to the Holy Spirit ?

They were. Anyone who study the doctrine of God is. We have secular theologians and spiritual theologians. The secular ones may teach in the university by they don't know Christ

Friend, before the Jews moved into that land gradually until 1948, Palestinian Arabs lived there and had been for centuries. To suddenly kick them out because God said so does not line up with the bible.

The Othoman empire invaded the land and conquered it. Moved the natural Jews out and brough Arabs to occupy it. Them they changed the name to " THE LAND OF PALESTINE" thereby wiping the name of isreal from the map of the world in fulfillment of prophecy.

These occupiers are the Palestinians today. Isreal was able to push them out in 1948 and became a nation again.

Israel the physical received a deadly wound in 70ad when the temple was destroyed, today the wound is healed and they are warmongering all over the middle east. Are we saying that God supports this rascal behavior of the so called chosen. Are they better that the Palestinians ? Are we not all human ?

Don't forget that salvation was primarily Jews. Out of the 490 year callendar for their redemption they had 7 years left.

Daniel 9:24
Seventy weeks [of years, or 490 years] are decreed upon your people and upon your holy city [Jerusalem], to finish and put an end to transgression, to seal up and make full the measure of sin, to purge away and make expiation and reconciliation for sin, to bring in everlasting righteousness (permanent moral and spiritual rectitude in every area and relation) to seal up vision and prophecy and prophet, and to anoint a Holy of Holies.

The count down began when axterxerxes commanded the Jews like Nehemiah and Ezra to rebuilt Jerusalem.

Daniel 9:25
Know therefore and understand that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem until [the coming of] the Anointed One, a Prince, shall be seven weeks [of years] and sixty- two weeks [of years]; it shall be built again with [city] square and moat, but in troublous times.

You can see from the above the specific date for Christ death was predicted .

Out of the 490 years countdown the Jews had had spent 450 yrs remaining only 40 years left in Gods calendar to their full redemption. Jesus died about the age of 33 only 7years left in the calendar. If the Jews had accepted Christ at even at his death , the calendar would have continued that's why paul fought frantically to preach to the Jews but God forbade him. So the remaining 7 years is suspended temporary. God shifted attention to Gentiles for the time being . A new nation "THE CHURCH" is born. After the last of the gentile is saved , the church will be raptured and the attention of God will shift back to isreal to continue the remaining 7 years. But this time the 7 years will be tribulation for isreal. After 3/12 years their eyes will be opened . According to Daniel 12 by an incidence called "ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION" that's when their new Christ "ANTICHRIST" will show his true color by desecrating the temple and claiming to be God.

Daniel 12:11
And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Matthew 24:15[/b]When ye therefore shall see the [b]abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand]

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple [/b]of God, shewing himself that he is God.;

Heresy is to teach that a Jew, by virtue of his race (flesh), is still a chosen one of God through the Old Covenant. The same heresy claims that a collection of Jews (even agnostics, atheists, and secularists) who inhabit the political Israeli state is still a chosen people under the Old Covenant, receiving the promises and prophesies of that covenant just because they are born Jews and live in a nation calling itself “Israel.”

Other nations chose God, but isreal is a nation God Chose .It's not heresy , they only have a temporal set back.

[b]Romans 11:25-26

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

God warned us not to booast against them in ther fall.

Romans 11:17-19
And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; 18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.

They are still beloved . God only want to make them jealous for a time because they made him jealous. God made them reject Christ . He used Isaiah to achieve Christ. But his election or choice of isreal as a place to put his name forever is still binding

Romans 11:28-29
As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers 'sakes. 29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by beylinko(m): 11:22am On Aug 25, 2012
U said it all. The reason we hv so much arguement of the word is dat many of us don't read beyond d letters. Sincerely we nid 2 ask ursevs wen ws d last tym u askd d Holyspirit 2 show u mysteries in d word.
"We are all saved by Grace tru faith... Not by works any should boast(Eph 2:8-9). " that d gentiles should be made fellowheir, and of d same body and partaker of his promise in christ by the gospel."( Eph 3:6) "knowing dat a man is not justified by d works of d law but by d faith of Jesus christ... For if righteousnes come by d law,then christ is dead in vain"(GAl 2:16-21)
Christ hath redeemed us from d curse of the law... Dat d blessings of abraham might come on d gentiles thru Jesus christ.
U know why God made a new Convenant? He was tired of their heart being far from him.Sin 2day sin 2mrw. "for if first convenant had been faultless then should no place be sought for the second... Nt accordin to the convenant dat i made with their father in the day which i took them out of egypt (ref Exo 4: dat dey may serve in d wildernes with sacrifices or hold a feast) Heb 8:9. BUT to Put his law into their mind and write them in their hearts, to be to them a God. If you read Heb 8 down to 10 you wil see the reason Jesus christ came to the world.
So forget dis issue of natural isreal or not. As path of d benefits of the new convenant we d gentiles were just GRAFTED in to enjoy it too. Part of those convenant ws d law of moses - an eye 4 n eye issue. Although some of them stil operate in dis realm God did nt and can never 4get isreal,they are his people. The new convenant is an upgrade of the old to write his law into our heart not stones, to worship him in truth n spirit nt on mountains, to acess his presence as we wish nt 1ce in a year,to give him sacrifice of praise,tanksgivin n odas nt Blod of ram n animals
Time n space will nt permit me to tell you how the isrealites operated with God all thru there Journey.I was grieved wen i saw hw God got angry with them in Exo 32. They completely 4got him.
WE should also nt deviate from this purpose

oiseworld: after much consultation,as we must agree this topic is a sensitive one i came up with this findings.

God is God, he can do and undo, he never lies and what ever he says, that he would do. As we stand today, the only way to God is thru Jesus christ, and their exist no other way.
But if we must remember, while on the cross, Jesus died in the mist of two thieves, one accused him of not being able to save himself, the other rebuked him and asked christ to remember him in paradise. Jesus replyed today shalt thou be with me in paradise. Luke 23:39-43. If at such a last hour, one could be saved. Then anything is possible with God.

Somewhere in revelation we where told that in the last days there shall be great revival and withnesses and testimonies even in this present isreal. Many shall turn to the Lord and they ( the present isreal/jew) shall finally come to accepting christ as the messiah. This nd time revival would also continue allover the nations of the earth.

I was made to understand clearly that the jews are Gods people, his own chosen people.John 1:11: 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.John 1:12: 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

This i believe is Gods plan for the jews and the church.

The land of isreal is a blessed land, the people are blessed people. that they now have a owners corner in heaven automatically without christ is not true. But according to the bible we can't phantom the ways and misteries of God.Thats why he is God. If he has told us that their would be lots of surprises in heaven, then we should be prepared and work out our own salvation with as much fear and trembling. Phi 2:12.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 25, 2012
beylinko: U said it all. The reason we hv so much arguement of the word is dat many of us don't read beyond d letters. Sincerely we nid 2 ask ursevs wen ws d last tym u askd d Holyspirit 2 show u mysteries in d word.
"We are all saved by Grace tru faith... Not by works any should boast(Eph 2:8-9). " that d gentiles should be made fellowheir, and of d same body and partaker of his promise in christ by the gospel."( Eph 3:6) "knowing dat a man is not justified by d works of d law but by d faith of Jesus christ... For if righteousnes come by d law,then christ is dead in vain"(GAl 2:16-21)
Christ hath redeemed us from d curse of the law... Dat d blessings of abraham might come on d gentiles thru Jesus christ.
U know why God made a new Convenant? He was tired of their heart being far from him.Sin 2day sin 2mrw. "for if first convenant had been faultless then should no place be sought for the second... Nt accordin to the convenant dat i made with their father in the day which i took them out of egypt (ref Exo 4: dat dey may serve in d wildernes with sacrifices or hold a feast) Heb 8:9. BUT to Put his law into their mind and write them in their hearts, to be to them a God. If you read Heb 8 down to 10 you wil see the reason Jesus christ came to the world.
So forget dis issue of natural isreal or not. As path of d benefits of the new convenant we d gentiles were just GRAFTED in to enjoy it too. Part of those convenant ws d law of moses - an eye 4 n eye issue. Although some of them stil operate in dis realm God did nt and can never 4get isreal,they are his people. The new convenant is an upgrade of the old to write his law into our heart not stones, to worship him in truth n spirit nt on mountains, to acess his presence as we wish nt 1ce in a year,to give him sacrifice of praise,tanksgivin n odas nt Blod of ram n animals
Time n space will nt permit me to tell you how the isrealites operated with God all thru there Journey.I was grieved wen i saw hw God got angry with them in Exo 32. They completely 4got him.
WE should also nt deviate from this purpose

You were doing well until you came to this part , I quote :

'Although some of them stil operate in dis realm God did nt and can never 4get isreal,they are his people.'

God cannot forget the true Israel which is the church.

All Israel , which means the born again and redeemed of God not ethnic Israel. Besides the Jews are from Judah not Israel, the Messiah came from Judah through the seed of David.

Christians are idolizing a physical apostate nation who have NO COVENANT with GOD.

This is why Muslims reject our messsage, they cannot understand why we support the murder of countless Palestinian women and children, we donate no money or aid to the Palestinians, we look at them as a wild men, we dehumanize them and doom them to ghettos.

And you really think Jesus supports this silly approach.

After all Jesus did not mince words when he called them the synagogue of Satan [/b]and told them [b]their father was Satan. We are the ones being politically correct and supporting a nation founded not on God but on WAR.

"He shall honor the god of fortresses ( war ) instead of these. A god whom his fathers ( Abraham etc ) did not know he shall honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and costly gifts." - Daniel 11:38

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies." - John 8:44

"I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you." - Revelation 3:9
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 25, 2012
frosbel:

You were doing well until you came to this part , I quote :

God cannot forget the true Israel which is the church.

All Israel , which means the born again and redeemed of God not ethnic Israel. Besides the Jews are from Judah not Israel, the Messiah came from Judah through the seed of David.

Christians are idolizing a physical apostate nation who have NO COVENANT with GOD.

This is why Muslims reject our messsage, they cannot understand why we support the murder of countless Palestinian women and children, we donate no money or aid to the Palestinians, we look at them as a wild men, we dehumanize them and doom them to ghettos.

And you really think Jesus supports this silly approach.

After all Jesus did not mince words when he called them the synagogue of Satan [/b]and told them [b]their father was Satan. We are the ones being politically correct and supporting a nation founded not on God but on WAR.

"He shall honor the god of fortresses ( war ) instead of these. A god whom his fathers ( Abraham etc ) did not know he shall honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and costly gifts." - Daniel 11:38

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies." - John 8:44

"I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you." - Revelation 3:9

Frosbel, I imagine that you're following a lot of threads, but if you could check in on Oladeegbu's thread on this same issue, you'll find a comment awaiting response from you. However, because there are other people involved here, I'll say here that your explanation concerning Political Israel does not take right account of Romans 11:25-29.

I totally agree that the Israel of God is the Church, but the Church comprising believing Gentiles and believing Jews. And we receive from Paul's letter to the Romans, that the Jews are currently hardened so that the full number of Gentiles will come in. When that has happened, they will get another opportunity to embrace their Messiah. They will always be "special" to God. God has a right to pick favorites if He wants, but favorites or not, He picked the Jews to be the nation through which the Messiah will come. His casting off of them is for a while, not forever. He will still return specifically for them to bring them home to Himself again. Believe me when I say that we are in the presence of a huge mystery that stretches back all the way through Abraham to Noah to Seth to Abel to the Garden. It is BIG and we are strongly warned not to make light of it.

Suffice to say, that the political entity called Israel is not done for; on the basis of their ancestry alone, if it takes destroying all the nations of the earth to save them, God will not be averse to doing so.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

does The Jehovah Witness Still Forbids Blood Transfusion In This Century? / Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven / Your Religion Is Determined By Geography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 204
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.