Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,388 members, 7,822,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ? (13875 Views)

Have you eaten Egret before--"tastes like beef" / Have You Eaten The Black Chickens From Indonesia (see Photo) / Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ? by bluejeff(m): 10:21pm On Aug 26, 2012
pendo89: which one is grass cutter?
that fellow in the pic can eat a small baby imo. jesus!

And a hairy black snail? shocked shocked are snails hairy?
It is called greater cane rat but known in this part of the world as grasscutter or cutting grass. Some pple now rear it for commercial purposes and sell as bush meat. Am considering going that line too.

Re: What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 26, 2012
Please don't laugh at my own because it is really odd.
Monkey, elephant, crocodile, octopus, hawk, lizard, dove, donkey, termites, monitor lizard etc that are the ones I can remember.
Re: What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ? by LYNDDY(f): 12:16am On Aug 27, 2012
u guys r all having fun wth d kind of meat u've all eaten,but do u know d spiritual impact of ths meat...let me enlighten u a little.
wat is d spiritual signficance of eating duck? alot of u guys dat eats duck,al hv one thing in common,i.e u r always broke,no matter d amount of money u make,u jus fine urselves broke @d end of day!
significance of eating bat?do u know dat bats r messengers of witches?watevr a witch do to u.wil affect u,no mata hw prayerful u r,cos u hv their agents living inside of u.
significance of eating dog?do u know dat must of ths dogs r possessed by demons b4 dey r killed?wat do u make of eating possesed animal,snakes tortoise.e.t.c
why do u think the bible condemns eating such animal,cos they r unclean and r nt fit 4 human consumption.u guys needs deliverance.
Re: What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ? by MrHim(m): 12:21am On Aug 27, 2012
Human....the best meat in zee world, especially when well marinated and stirred fried hmmmmmmmmmm cheesy
Re: What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ? by DIG1: 3:20am On Aug 27, 2012
If a sane person can prepare all dis meat u guys ve mentioned, then I'm done with meat tins. Fish all D̶̲̥̅̊ way!!!!!
Re: What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ? by Diakpa(m): 5:55am On Aug 27, 2012
kellystech: I've eaten shark meat grin
I wonder if there's anything like 'shark meat'. Isn't shark supposed to be a fish? And since when did fish become meat?
Re: What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ? by Nobody: 6:07am On Aug 27, 2012
LYNDDY: u guys r all having fun wth d kind of meat u've all eaten,but do u know d spiritual impact of ths meat...let me enlighten u a little.
wat is d spiritual signficance of eating duck? alot of u guys dat eats duck,al hv one thing in common,i.e u r always broke,no matter d amount of money u make,u jus fine urselves broke @d end of day!
significance of eating bat?do u know dat bats r messengers of witches?watevr a witch do to u.wil affect u,no mata hw prayerful u r,cos u hv their agents living inside of u.
significance of eating dog?do u know dat must of ths dogs r possessed by demons b4 dey r killed?wat do u make of eating possesed animal,snakes tortoise.e.t.c
why do u think the bible condemns eating such animal,cos they r unclean and r nt fit 4 human consumption.u guys needs deliverance.
Re: What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ? by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 27, 2012
LYNDDY: u guys r all having fun wth d kind of meat u've all eaten,but do u know d spiritual impact of ths meat...let me enlighten u a little.
You are still old school in the bible. Have u not read that what goes into a man does not defiled them but what comes out. Or have u not read when God spoke to peter in a vision what God has made whole no man shall call unclean. And what are the animals God was talking about, those same animals people call unclean.
Please read your bible to the new testament atleast it is most recent.
Re: What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ? by kinguwem: 6:24am On Aug 27, 2012
Duck, antelope, monitor lizard, hawk, porcupine, donkey etc.
Re: What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:31am On Aug 27, 2012
human. it tastes like monkey with pepper.
Re: What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ? by helphelp: 9:51am On Aug 27, 2012
Roasted snake is awesome...Try it
Re: What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ? by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 27, 2012
Porcupine, termites, peacock.
Re: What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ? by pendo89(f): 10:17am On Aug 27, 2012
bluejeff: It is called greater cane rat but known in this part of the world as grasscutter or cutting grass. Some pple now rear it for commercial purposes and sell as bush meat. Am considering going that line too.

Ahaa.Thank u.I had in mind something else.

I highly doubt people eat the things they are listing here.

If a guy attempts to kill a dog for meat in my country it makes headline news and he is arrested. Dogs,snake,apart from insects cz some are edible are like an abomination.
Snail? if ur establishment is known for making snails it will be boycotted. Yuck! Some chinese resturants have them on menu but most africans hate eating there cz of the meats.People here know 4 kinds of meat. Cow,Sheep,Goat,or Fish.Anything else outside that is viewed as abnormal.You risk lynching if you are in a village set up if caught with any other kind of meat.
If u survive lynching you must explain what you were intending to do with donkey meat or any other because it carries a fine.
Bush meat is illegal.One must have licence to hunt for bush meat or else you are treated as a poacher.

I would rather be a vegetarian than eat some things.
Re: What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ? by montero4relo(m): 2:01pm On Aug 27, 2012
Those of you that have ate snake pigeon swine etc one day you will eat Fly and mosquito.LOLz
Re: What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ? by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 29, 2012
pendo89:
I highly doubt people eat the things they are listing here.
I wouldn't have my doubts if I were you. Just because Kenyans are not adventurous with culinary delicacies doesn't mean that the rest of the world isn't. My dear, if I told you what a colleague of mine used to eat back home in his country (he is Congolese), you'd understand why some people are vegetarians. To make matters interesting, he always wonders why Kenyans love mbuzi too much. He always tells me that he would prefer monkey/baboon meat to the likes of beef/mutton etc. Lol
The most adventurous cuisine I've ever stretched to was when I sampled porcupine meat. I'll never do it again (long story). I also got to sample peacock meat in Uganda. Ukijua what people eat out there, you'll shake your head.

pendo89:
People here know 4 kinds of meat. Cow,Sheep,Goat,or Fish.
Chicken and pork too. I know for sure that I always pick chicken over cow/goat meat.

pendo89:
If a guy attempts to kill a dog for meat in my country it makes headline news and he is arrested.
Yeah. Lol. Do you remember recently when that guy from the Coast had to tell the rest of the country what he was doing with a dead cat? grin Which brings me to another point, how does one slaughter a cat?

pendo89:
Dogs, snakes, apart from insects coz some are edible are like an abomination.
I love them termites. I always remember my late grandmother coming to visit us carrying them and my brothers and I would scramble for them. cheesy
Re: What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ? by marvinsmith078: 7:11am On Sep 01, 2012
Ya, I am always prefer some unusual meat for me. I ate Indian Cobra with rice at Royale Indian Cuisine. This taste is amazing and delicious WOW..
Re: What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 25, 2013
Snail.Rabbit.Dog.Snake

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Tea Thread / African Chicken / What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.