Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

True Love: What is it? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / True Love: What is it? (5029 Views)

The Dynamics Of Love-What Love Means To A Man And A Woman / If You Had To Dedicate A Song To The One You Love,what Song(s) Would It Be? / If Your Boy Friend Dont Know How To Make Love What Will You Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: True Love: What is it? by gem87(f): 9:03pm On Oct 12, 2006
u've not seen each other 4 3 yrs and yet u're still going strong and wht u feel 4 each other is still there

wht do u call dat?
Re: True Love: What is it? by lovito(f): 3:11pm On Oct 14, 2006
true love
Re: True Love: What is it? by deltree(m): 12:22am On Oct 19, 2006
[color=#000099][/color]True love cannot be expressed in words. Simply put, it is unconditional love. You take the person as he/she is despite his inadequacies.
Re: True Love: What is it? by Oracle(m): 5:25pm On Nov 20, 2006
I guess deltree is right, the Love is unconditional
freely giving and expecting nothing in return
that kinda love is really gonna be hard to practice
Re: True Love: What is it? by Ashalya: 8:22pm On Jun 18, 2007
Its when somebody will never cheat on you its means somebody will die for you its when somebody would sacafice evreything for you.

THAT WHAT TRUE LOVE IS.
Re: True Love: What is it? by Esss(m): 8:47pm On Jun 18, 2007
True Love, love, Infatuation, Compassion, Interest, Feelings, Attraction, Like, e.t.c

We could sit here and argue all our lives,

This is Own opinion,

Question; What is true Love??

Answer; True Love is a state of mind. It is a word which we use to find comfort in our companionship with another person. It is a term we use as an excuse to do things with other people. It is a non-existent phenomenon,

True love is no different from infatuation, True love is as real as heaven and hell (for those over-zealous church freaks, there is no proof of it).

In simple english, TRUE LOVE DOES NOT EXIST

This is my honest opinion, and if you give it thought you will see I'm correct
Re: True Love: What is it? by nana(f): 8:53pm On Jun 18, 2007
hmm, brb
Re: True Love: What is it? by tasiana(m): 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2007
True love is emmm .Based on my little neices theory:When u tell a guy u like his shirt and he wears it everyday grin
Re: True Love: What is it? by redwoman(f): 3:21pm On Jun 28, 2007
True love is deep affection, passion, honesty, sacrafice and the ability to forgive. It is that deep breath that you have to take when you see the one that you love. I always tell my husband that i love him to the very marrow of my spirit. I traveled to the other side of this earth for him,,, i have never regretted a single moment.

Redwoman
Re: True Love: What is it? by amaikama(m): 12:32pm On Jul 04, 2007
two different grate minds which are opposite sides thinks alike. that is true love!! kiss
Re: True Love: What is it? by McDoe(m): 12:41pm On Jul 04, 2007
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.If the above is in place, true love is ensured.
Re: True Love: What is it? by sanrima(f): 4:29pm On Jul 04, 2007
true love does not exist on earth. cos 2 me it,s giving someone else d power / freedom 2 hurt u!
Re: True Love: What is it? by verpaki: 7:01pm On Jul 04, 2007
THERE ARE ONLY TWO KINDS OF TRUE LOVE,
1. FROM GOD TO MAN
2. MOTHER TO CHILD

THE REST, IS SELF IMPOSED RESPONSIBILITIES,
Re: True Love: What is it? by syrene(f): 12:30am On Aug 04, 2007
self preservation! simple
Re: True Love: What is it? by ssRhino: 12:37am On Aug 04, 2007
sanrima, i could see you yet to experience real love, dont let what someone has done to you in da past get the best of you, out of every 12 there will be a judas, so instead of closing your heart from real love, just swing your head, look cute and dress nice and allow the real Peter to come in, there are good and bad and ugly, the good will come your way, i cld see it
Re: True Love: What is it? by jayvin01: 2:56am On Aug 04, 2007
i dont kno, why not askin 2face idibia cool

There is nothin like true love from my own view!, what this, even pigeons doesnt stock with their owners no more, once their owner's bleeps up, pigeon go leave oooo, no be old skool pigeons that are foolish , im talkin about wise ass ones grin grin

Re: True Love: What is it? by clemcykul(f): 1:43pm On Aug 04, 2007
hey dablessed no one could have had a perfect answer!! you got real right 'GOD IS LOVE'! indeed thats the truth, when u love God more than anything naturally your being becomes susceptible to love, that u the love u radiat attracts the love of other 2u. And true love becomes true when the love is true! grin grin
Re: True Love: What is it? by clemcykul(f): 1:53pm On Aug 04, 2007
hey dablessed no one could have had a perfect answer!! you got real right 'GOD IS LOVE'! indeed thats the truth, when u love God more than anything naturally your being becomes susceptible to love, that u the love u radiat attracts the love of other 2u. And true love becomes true when the love is true! grin grin
Re: True Love: What is it? by olanajim(m): 3:28pm On Aug 04, 2007
I know what it mean to experience true love! I know that true love actually exists. Those who had been hurt while searching for true love must realize, that true love come from being hurt! This no doubt is confusing to those who are certified pessimists. I can only say that true love can best be experienced than discurssed. It is real and the reality pronouces it everyday.

The only way to experience it is to see the other side of it. To be determined that you want it and you must have it. True love is like wealth, lazy people and poor people venerates it saying it is a myth. But only the rich know that wealth is just the opposite of poverty. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW THE REALITY, JUST TRY IT. BEGIN FROM 'YOU' GIVE IT AND YOU WOULD FIND IT. I tried it and it worked for me. Do it, now. Love your enemy, your work, your God, your country etc all these little things matter. It can't fail you.

I LOVE YOU ALL!

1 Like

Re: True Love: What is it? by ariblaze(m): 3:47pm On Aug 04, 2007
Advanced lust for the body and the mind=Love

there is also the feeling of being completely one with another person

loving someone =this is also the feeling of being completely one with another person

being in love =the feeling of being completely one with another person with sexual undertones
Re: True Love: What is it? by Boondoggle(m): 4:33am On Aug 05, 2007
True love is patient
it is kind
It does not envy
it does not boast
it is not proud
It is not rude
it is not self-seeking
it is not easily angered
it keeps no record of wrongs
it does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. cool
Re: True Love: What is it? by Godsgirl(f): 9:58am On Aug 05, 2007
Take Boon's and Mcdoe's word for it because they are right. Yes, Love is all that-quoted from the all time #1 bestseller worldwide.

1. It speaks the truth (or attempts to-at all times)
2. It sacrifices but expects nothing back in return (Agape)
3. It is you when you love a woman/man with your whole heart and realize he/she is not meant for you in that manner. (yet you still love 'em) .
4. It offers
5. It is Jacob working 7x7 years for Rachel's hand in marriage
6. It is Job going through pain and isolation, yet refusing to curse God

for for my grand finale>>>>>>>>>>True love is Christ-laying down His life for absolutely EVERYONE. John 15:13  "Greater love hath no man than this,
that a man lay down his life for his friends."

God is TRUE love.
Re: True Love: What is it? by Godsgirl(f): 5:45am On Aug 08, 2007
Love is like this:

You love someone, smiley But, they are in love with someone else cry. Rather than to be hateful and jealous angry, you pray that the person they are in love with will not hurt them but will love them as much as you do if not more cheesy. Because when they hurt, you hurt more.

Now, That is Agape kind of love, Can you dig that?

Seek this kind of love, it lasts, wink

1 Like

Re: True Love: What is it? by k0be: 5:46am On Aug 08, 2007
Gogirl, so now you know how I feel, that's right----------yeaaaaah right.

you hope they get hit by a bus and die just so you can have the man to yourself.  grin grin grin
wink
Re: True Love: What is it? by Macutie(f): 6:30am On Aug 08, 2007
Are u sure love can be defined?
Re: True Love: What is it? by Godsgirl(f): 3:09pm On Aug 08, 2007
shocked K0be!!!!! that is not nice! I thank God I am not you. Well, guess what, if she gets hit by a bus and dies, and if he comes to me for a relationship, I will not take him.

Why? because I cannot be any man's second choice. Simple!

But guess what, I'll still love him, kiss(probably try to hook him up with one of my girls)

Agape!
Re: True Love: What is it? by Boondoggle(m): 4:05am On Aug 10, 2007
@ G-girl,

When did you become distributor shocked

Don't you think K0be need your service grin grin grin

Godsgirl:

Love is like this:

You love someone, smiley But, they are in love with someone else cry. Rather than to be hateful and jealous angry, you pray that the person they are in love with will not hurt them but will love them as much as you do if not more cheesy. Because when they hurt, you hurt more.

Now, That is Agape kind of love, Can you dig that?

Seek this kind of love, it lasts, wink

This is nice, if only we can all live our lives like this then this world will be the best place to be.

Shalom cool
Re: True Love: What is it? by Godsgirl(f): 7:54am On Aug 10, 2007
@ Boon:

Thanks,  smiley It's a compliment coming from you. It's just that sometimes I really hate to express myself. When I do, some do not believe me or think I am naive.  sad  These "some" have been hurt by someone they trusted and now totally give up hope that anyone else could be any diff from the rest. I am not saying this is what you think of me, all I am saying is, I do speak from my heart and I try to keep the Lord very close to it. I take a forum such as 'Naira Rules' seriously; If one comment of mine would touch or change @ least one person's life, I would count it all joy in the Lord. I am just a messenger-Not sure how much longer I will be here. Already as it is, I have had problems getting off the forum at times and that is not good. I need to keep some balance in my life-anything I am addicted to that is not God, cannot be constructive.  As far as my little exchange w K0be, It is not easy to love someone who does not want you. But I do not think violence or hate would help matters. Love is a choice. Love is God.

Agape!
Re: True Love: What is it? by k0be: 8:20am On Aug 10, 2007
But I do not think violence or hate would help matters
God's girl? did I quote this right from your post? you scare me o.
Boon is slowly taking you away from me and you're granting him the self-fulfilling opportunity. lipsrsealed. God is love.

Agape!
Re: True Love: What is it? by Godsgirl(f): 8:31am On Aug 10, 2007
Hey K0be  wink You are so funny, That quote relating to violence was based off of your bus scenario. lol

Don't worry about Boon taking me from you, I am here for everyone and FYI Boon is involved in a relationship so, there you go!

Agape!
Re: True Love: What is it? by k0be: 9:39am On Aug 10, 2007
yes dear, and I didn't mean the whole "bus hitting" scenario, it was only a wise-crack.
shocked :oBoon is in a relationship with you but you didn't notify me? embarassed
Re: True Love: What is it? by Boondoggle(m): 8:44pm On Aug 13, 2007
Godsgirl:
Hey K0be  wink You are so funny, That quote relating to violence was based off of your bus scenario. lol

Don't worry about Boon taking me from you, I am here for everyone and FYI Boon is involved in a relationship so, there you go!

Agape!

k0be:

yes dear, and I didn't mean the whole "bus hitting" scenario, it was only a wise-crack.
shocked :oBoon is in a relationship with you but you didn't notify me? embarassed

@K0be & G-girl, you two should just snap out of this assumption galore!  embarassed

. . . did you folks had something going on before? I seem to be missing something!

Shalom cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Will You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? / Guys, Silly Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are 25 Yrs And Above / I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.