Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure (12693 Views)

Okorocha, Ogbonnaya Onu Led Barth Nnaji Other Igbo Leaders To Buhari (pics) / Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation / Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by maasoap(m): 5:36pm On Aug 29, 2012
thelastPope:

You again are showing you are either terribly ignorant or just a member of the saboteurs club. The greater percentage of the power you are enjoying now comes from gas not water. So even if we loose 300MW to the drop in water levels, that cannot translate into national darkness. And by the dry season, more MW would have been added as new gas plants come on stream and some currently running gas plants produce more MW as more gas is nade available. Again I insist you are a saboteur, that's why you are posting what you are posting. You or your relative have an interest in Nigeria being in darkness. I believe it favours you more
I think liars like you are one enjoying greater power supply of 4250MW for a population of 170million. It is not my headache what you believe I'm and what I'm not. Nnaji is corrupt and, he charged me unfairly every month. Get this to your skull that this is my problem with him. He should go and never look back. After all, it was Jonathan who employed him that told him to resign so that he can pursue his private business in energy sector without being the seller and buyer at the same time.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by maasoap(m): 5:54pm On Aug 29, 2012
Billyonaire: God Bless you for your unbiased opinion. The never-do-well mongrels do not expect anything good from Bethlehem.
Well, people like you can't make specific comment on this one. You're GEJ apologist on nairaland, everybody knows that. Now, GEJ your master has sacked Nnaji, who is right and who is wrong between the two of them? As we all know that one of them is truly at fault. I doubt it if you will ever answer my question by not using evasive method. May be I should remind you once again that I'm neither for GEJ nor Nnaji but because Nnaji cheats me every month, he should go and never look back.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Ournaija: 6:08pm On Aug 29, 2012
maasoap: I think liars like you are one enjoying greater power supply of 4250MW for a population of 170million. It is not my headache what you believe I'm and what I'm not. Nnaji is corrupt and, he charged me unfairly every month. Get this to your skull that this is my problem with him. He should go and never look back. After all, it was Jonathan who employed him that told him to resign so that he can pursue his private business in energy sector without being the seller and buyer at the same time.

Bros take am easy now. Am sure you are ready to slog things out manually with Barth if you meet him on the road because of 500 naira. grin
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 29, 2012
maasoap: Going to his pocket because the companies are being privatized and he is one of private investors jostling for the takeover. Infact, I believe it is the major reason behind his resignation due to criticism from workers. Can you now see why we're paying 500naira monthly which has nothing to do with what you consume. Hope you got what I meant by saying it is counter productive?
Very brilliant. This is what we want from everyone on Nairaland. Educate each other.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by vanstanzy(m): 6:31pm On Aug 29, 2012
Emmy9ite: CABALS AT WORK!!!!

Who's going to bail the cat? We keep asking this question. Why on earth cant we tow the right path?
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Fhemmmy: 6:37pm On Aug 29, 2012
dayohope1:
Very brilliant. This is what we want from everyone on Nairaland. Educate each other.

That is very true and that is why i say thanks to him for educating me, and yet no sling shots, very matured of an individual
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by madjune(m): 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2012
Most Nigerians are myopic. And so what! If he chooses to influence the bidding process to his advantage and eventually deliver improved PHCN light to everybody, what's wrong with that? We have so many people in govt stealing so much money and not delivering to the people.
Here, we have a man who was working. What's wrong with if he steals and delivers? Is that not better?
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by intrepid: 6:41pm On Aug 29, 2012
miky: lol they say God answered their prayers,, what about the small gains in electricity that nigerians now stand to loose out on??
The behavior of some ppl in this country is worrisome.Imagine that so-called leader of PHCN workers publicly telling us that they've been praying for his removal.B confirmation that we have too many educated-illiterates in positions of leadership who do not even know a right thing when they see one.Personal interest over the general good all the time.Lets see who takes over.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 29, 2012
Niger means darkness or blackness.so nigeria means land of darkness.
Fhemmmy: Nigerians seems to love the darkness more than the light
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by thelastPope(m): 7:00pm On Aug 29, 2012
dayohope1:

You are applauding misinformation? Lol

He was not sacked because of workers complains. The workers are part of the enemy. He resigned because of conflict of interest.

The greater number of MW right now comes from gas stations, not rain.

Yes the 500 Naira fixed charge is a problem and I have been fighting it too, but it doesn't go into the pocket of the private companies alone. A major part of it still goes to government. Also, it is just like the fixed charge that was introduced by the telecoms companies earlier. On full privatization, it will be eroded by market forces eventually. Also, it wasn't a unilateral decision by Bart Nnaji. It was part of the demand of investors because they found out several issues with the power industry including the fact that close to 45percent of Nigerians don't pay for their electricity.

Like I said, I still don't fully agree the fixed charge should stay, but I understand the decision's premise and it does have some iota of legitimacy.

The guy is grossly misinformed and he is spreading it like a disease. Lol
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by saintohia: 7:01pm On Aug 29, 2012
Nigerians should beg Bart Nnaji to return, the PHCN (NEPA) officials rejoicing are the fools and part of the ever corrupt syndicate that refused to give Nigerians improved power supply because they're making so much money from the power we don't have.

The president should be thinking, he wouldn't have accepted his resignation.

The idiots would believe they've won by forcing him to resign. It's sad...
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by thelastPope(m): 7:11pm On Aug 29, 2012
saintohia: Nigerians should beg Bart Nnaji to return, the PHCN (NEPA) officials rejoicing are the fools and part of the ever corrupt syndicate that refused to give Nigerians improved power supply because they're making so much money from the power we don't have.

If the president didn't accept his resignation, he would have created a credibility crisis. I think its a win-win situation for everyone because, the process is already at an advanced stage. It cannot be reversed. The bidding process is almost complete. Also, the Prof's company is bidding and may likely win and that is a good thing since he is competent and he is a Nigeria.

Don't worry about the PHCN staff celebrating. It won't change anything. They are fooling themselves if they think the president will do anything different. He was always a part and parcel of the plan from the begining.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Reference(m): 7:25pm On Aug 29, 2012
vanstanzy:

Who's going to bail the cat? We keep asking this question. Why on earth cant we tow the right path?

Because we are inherently a corrupt people and that's why this country is in a mess. The minister/phcn worker thing typifies the leader/follower syndrome. People will only accept to be led to the point but not beyond their pet corruption project. It is the quantum of these corrupt practices across all walks of life that has led to this mess called Nigeria. Sorry to say so but the average Nigerian does not deserve good leadership at any level.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by playahP(m): 7:26pm On Aug 29, 2012
you guys are funny! have you all forgotteb so soon how NITEL was privatized and the workers were left high and dry with no severance package! thest phcn staffs are also common nigerians who are also @ the mercy of the government!
when was the last time the government tried to build a power station!? phcn can only ration the available power!
my mom works in phcn(medicare section)! there was a time they were not paid for 3 months straight! (during that time they protested). All these phcn staffs wanted was there severance package!!! Pay-us and sell the damn thing off if need be!!
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by terrygoddy: 7:30pm On Aug 29, 2012
[b][/b][i][/i][color=#000099][/color]

My ponit of view.....PLS NO CURSES AND INSULTS,IN DISAGREEMENT? PLS WRITE YOURS

Nigerians deserves constant electricity supply because it isnt a priviledge.Prof Nnaji has very good intentions for the electricity sector,at least with the way and manner he handled the implimentation of the power sector reform act.But he wasnt sincere about its actualisation.

I was fortunate to watch the live telecast of the power sector reform roadmap where he said the transmission company of nigeria will not be privatised unlike the electricity distribution and generation companies.Sincerely, i was happy because i believe electricity transmission should be handle by a government owned company due to its sensitivity(that is,security wise).But weeks after,i read in a daily newspaper that his ministry is making arrangement to transfer the transmission company to 'experts' to manage.And suddenly nigeria now have manitoba hydro from canada, with according to the minister,'8 experts' to run that company....my point here,lack of transparency!

During the ministerial screening in the senate chambers,i remembered senators danjuma goje and smart adeyemi asked him about his interests in geometrics;the electricity generation company he owns that supply electricity to Aba and its environs.He clearly said he has resigned and his shares transfered to a blind trust.But investigations has revealed that he owns Eastern electric and skipper nigeria.The two sole bidders for enugu electricity distribution company and afam power station in rivers state.This was discovered by the technical evaluation committee of Mr.Atedo peterside(a sub committee of national council for privatisation-NCP).......My point here,deceits!

PHCN staff are just fortunate the minister messed up himself because of his greed and has to resign his appointment because you cant be a player,the empire,in your court at the same time.

Prof.Barth Nnaji confused his studipity for smartness.Thats the way i saw it.

So am really suprised at the level of ignorance of some people in their responses.I rather keep quiet than blab on what i know or read nothing about.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by 2ruink(m): 7:33pm On Aug 29, 2012
maasoap: He was not sacked at all, he only resigned due to conflict of interests. How could you be a minister of power and still wanted to buy what you spearheaded its sale? BTW, the current improvement in the electricity supply was as a result of raining season as it was confirmed by government representative itself just last week. You've been told to expect a drop in supply once water level decreases in next 5 or 6 months. Whether Nnaji resign or not, electricity will still go back to its usual level. BTW, Nnaji is a thief, he removed 150naira maintenance fee only to replace it 500naira fixed charge! That's pure counter productive in nature.
i feel for the poor woman who gave birth to a brainless animal like you. when did you leave you rock-home?
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Reference(m): 7:45pm On Aug 29, 2012
When I was saying late last year and early this year that the power privatisation will pass through hell and high water, I've been proven right.

The biggest mistake was that government showed too much skin so she is being raped. Raped by staff and unions, raped by phantom called investors, raped by beauracrats. Everyone from Cape to Congo wants a piece of the pie. Government has sung for too long without action.

They should never have put money into PHCN with the aim of improving power but like was done for telecoms, allow a total collapse of all administrative and operational structures in such a way that the company will be free. In short, it should have been allowed to go bankrupt. Then when everybody has walked away, sell licenses and share whatever carcass remains.

We Nigerians will have suffered immesurably for a while but we will have gained a clean break from the past. What we have here is a total mess. I am less optimistic that with the present scenario any investor will be willing to dance with us. These unions will ruin them.

For MTN, GLO and co. to have survived, NITEL needed to die. For power privatisation to succeed, PHCN needs to die. And for the IOC's to refine your crude oil and gas in Nigeria, NNPC with all its corruption has to go. Period.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by oiseworld: 7:45pm On Aug 29, 2012
useless phcn staffs, since they went on strike power became stable. Now they are back and it has started fluntuating.

May God give them fast judgements.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by betrani(m): 7:58pm On Aug 29, 2012
ebamma: his crime was trying to use his position as the minister of power to influence the bidding process of power plants to his company's advantage
just so he can manage and maintain stable electricity!
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by jawjaw1: 8:02pm On Aug 29, 2012
maasoap: Going to his pocket because the companies are being privatized and he is one of private investors jostling for the takeover. Infact, I believe it is the major reason behind his resignation due to criticism from workers. Can you now see why we're paying 500naira monthly which has nothing to do with what you consume. Hope you got what I meant by saying it is counter productive?

Nothing amazes me like when someone consistently shows his lack of knowledge and still doesnt realize he doesnt know what he is talking about over and over again.
What do you know about electricity charges?
Bart Nnaii was trying to improve electricity generation and at the same time bring the Nigerian standard of billing to international standards.
In developed countries you are charged monthly 2 or more fees for power that are not related to what you consume.
I can reliably mention (1)Administration Fee (2)Meter and Data Fee.
So pls before u talk open your brain and learn.
Dont come here and expose your lack of knowledge.
Haba!!!
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by skyflash(m): 8:05pm On Aug 29, 2012
Enangson: In contrast, i think the PHCN workers are celebrating departure of constant power supply, which Prof Barth Nnaji represent.
Generator marketers are also jumping up its back to darkness may God punish the wicked that is phcn workers and the foolish president
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Ijebulogic(m): 8:10pm On Aug 29, 2012
saintohia: Nigerians should beg Bart Nnaji to return, the PHCN (NEPA) officials rejoicing are the fools and part of the ever corrupt syndicate that refused to give Nigerians improved power supply because they're making so much money from the power we don't have.

We have two camps in our Cabinet. Ministers like Prof and Dr Okonjo_Iweala are unique Ministers because of one simple fact - they have an alternative source of income plus a reputation to protect. They will give 2 fingers and step as soon as you attempt to rubbish them. The other camp of Ministers are political appointees who know absolutely nothing about their portfolios. Their entire life is centered around the Ministerial position....they know nothing else apart from public sector and politics. They would rather die than resign. I dont know the Prof personally but at least the speed with which he bowed out gracefully speaks volumes about his self-respect.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by skyflash(m): 8:13pm On Aug 29, 2012
Any day boko haram starts throwing bombs and start shooting phcn workers believe me i will become their member
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by skyflash(m): 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2012
Any day boko haram starts throwing bombs and start shooting phcn workers believe me i will become their member.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by tunjidj3: 9:27pm On Aug 29, 2012
Yes the improvement in power sector is not as a result of power minister effort is water level increase which enable kanji hydro power station to operate on full load also we should not forget that the gass supply to our power station is under government directive of which phcn is handicap because minister and some federal government official take charge of this and their deficiency lead to phcn distribution failure hence the minister should not be over praise because ensured unterruped gass supply is normal civil duty
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by SirElaw(m): 9:28pm On Aug 29, 2012
betrani: just so he can manage and maintain stable electricity!
Wow...so sum1 cud still be dis ignorant in dis our age.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by boyendowed(m): 9:38pm On Aug 29, 2012
People should direct their anger towards Jonathan.The man has shown that he is a coward,an appeaser,very indecisive,has no focus or clues on what to do,low I.Q.I was one of his die hard supporters but not anymore.The man is a monumental disappointment.He basically has no reason for removing Nnaji.Nnaji told them right from the onset that his company called geometric was part of the privatization process and they didn't complain.So why now?He wants to prove to the public that he is zero tolerant president by making nnaji a scapegoat.So will Jonathan now resign because of the Malibu contract scam?This whole Nnaji removal thing doesn't make any sense.Jonathan is a huge disappointment.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Kobojunkie: 9:58pm On Aug 29, 2012
Fhemmmy: Nigerians seems to love the darkness more than the light

Let's not continue to demonize the workers. We don't know for sure what these workers did, if any. All we know is as many tried to blame the CABAL for the state of our refineries, the ministry has also tried to make PHCN workers out to be the problem with electricity generation in Nigeria when in fact the problem remains that we do not produce enough and transmission issues, after almost a decade of talking of it, have yet to be solved.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by kinguwem: 10:06pm On Aug 29, 2012
A lot of electricity workers must be sacked for us to have steady power supply. PHCN must be unbundled.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by SirElaw(m): 11:00pm On Aug 29, 2012
I weep wen I c pple givin honour 2 sum1 wu deserves little or no respect. Barth Nnaji s a theif. Influencing d bidding process of PHCN 2 favor his own personal interest, jeopardizin d future of the power sector of this nation, is just an unforgivable sin. And m sure PHCN workers stand 2 gain more wit constant power supply in nigeria.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Rossikk(m): 11:47pm On Aug 29, 2012
Built2last: It's pitiable that the only hope we have for stable power has been booted out by the same cabal that held us in darkness for over 60 years. why won't they rejoice. Prof. Barth has a white man's mentality and won't condescend to their mischief.

What sort of stu.pid racist comment is this? Better go and grow a BRAIN before posting nonsense here.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by AlabaSlim: 12:14am On Aug 30, 2012
Mehn since Nnaji resignation,light 4 my area jus DIE kpatakpata

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rashida Bello, Ibe Kachikwu, Abba Moro, Others At Vivian Lam Book Launch / Imo Gunmen Kidnap Four Catholic Sisters / Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.