Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure (12694 Views)

Okorocha, Ogbonnaya Onu Led Barth Nnaji Other Igbo Leaders To Buhari (pics) / Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation / Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Fhemmmy: 3:55pm On Aug 29, 2012
maasoap: The was not sacked at all, he only due to conflict of interest. How could you be a minister of power and still wanted to buy what you spearheaded its sale? BTW, the current improvement in the electricity supply was as a result of raining season as it was confirmed by government representative itself just last week. You've been told to expect a drop in supply once water level decreases in next 5 or 6 months. Whether Nnaji resign or not, electricity will still go back to its usual level. BTW, Nnaji is a thief, he removed 150naira maintenance fee only to replace it 500naira fixed charge! That's pure counter productive in nature.

Was the 500 Naira going into his pocket or that of the govt?
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by stagger: 4:03pm On Aug 29, 2012
The players have only changed: THE GAME STAYS THE SAME.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by maasoap(m): 4:05pm On Aug 29, 2012
afam4eva: Infact, a law should be passed banning generators. jail terms should be introduced to the public depending on the KVA that they're using. Life sentence should be given to retailers while importers should be executed by hanging. This is getting annoying
And if that's what you wanted for genuine business men doing their private business, what do you propose to happen to oil importers whose through their fraudulent activities, 300 billion naira subsidy fund became 3trillion naira in 2011 and the PHCN workers who are the direct and real culprits base on your "allegation"?
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Dandas: 4:06pm On Aug 29, 2012
People of integrity always fall into victims,cabals everywhere-oil sector,power sector,which way Nigeria?.The cabals are celebrating that things will remain the way it is,where the masses are suffering and they are making billions of naira in the corrupt sector.I have a friend of mine that happen to be promoted recently in PHCN,last week i was with him,he was telling me of many plots of land he has bought here in lagos.Is this by salary?.I jokingly ask him how far on the ongoings in the PHCN?.The only thing he answered was that "This Barth is trying to make things difficult for them",that from the way things are going now,it may not be business as usual.From my own view,i understood that what he mean.All of them are happy now,while the masses will be feeling the impact.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 29, 2012
PHCN workers are pawns in a political/economical chess game.
Unfortunately most of them may not know they are part of the stumbling blocks on naija development cos of their corruption and greed.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Ozichim(m): 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2012
Nigerians should start crying if PHC are realy happy that Prof Nnaji is going. This PHC staff are not the kind of people that can give Nigeria steady power 24/7.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Afam4eva(m): 4:09pm On Aug 29, 2012
maasoap: And if that's what you wanted for genuine business men doing their private business, what do you propose to happen to oil importers whose through their fraudulent activities, 300 billion naira subsidy fund became 3trillion naira in 2011 and the PHCN workers who are the direct and real culprits base on your "allegation"?
I guess those ones should be shot at sight.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 29, 2012
Eh,i hope it is well
why are they jubilating on stupidity?they are just selling nigerians out to some group of people,i hope the FGN proceeds with the privatisation so that they can all bleep up,jeez
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 29, 2012
maasoap: He was not sacked at all, he only resigned due to conflict of interests. How could you be a minister of power and still wanted to buy what you spearheaded its sale? BTW, the current improvement in the electricity supply was as a result of raining season as it was confirmed by government representative itself just last week. You've been told to expect a drop in supply once water level decreases in next 5 or 6 months. Whether Nnaji resign or not, electricity will still go back to its usual level. BTW, Nnaji is a thief, he removed 150naira maintenance fee only to replace it 500naira fixed charge! That's pure counter productive in nature.

The government man who told us to expect drop in supply after the rainy season was preparing our minds to the corrupt activities that he and his cohorts intend to embark on. They will use water level as an excuse.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Fhemmmy: 4:19pm On Aug 29, 2012
kITA TITA:

The government man who told us to expect drop in supply after the rainy season was preparing our minds to the corrupt activities that he and his cohorts intend to embark on. They will use water level as an excuse.

You read my mind, but Nigeria will be better
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by maasoap(m): 4:22pm On Aug 29, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Was the 500 Naira going into his pocket or that of the govt?
Going to his pocket because the companies are being privatized and he is one of private investors jostling for the takeover. Infact, I believe it is the major reason behind his resignation due to criticism from workers. Can you now see why we're paying 500naira monthly which has nothing to do with what you consume. Hope you got what I meant by saying it is counter productive?
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by yohannazack(m): 4:23pm On Aug 29, 2012
I rated x-minister prof. Barth Nnaji and labour minister dr. Emeka uwogu high even mor dan gej. Althou he may not be without flaws.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Ijebulogic(m): 4:23pm On Aug 29, 2012
afam4eva: Infact, a law should be passed banning generators. jail terms should be introduced to the public depending on the KVA that they're using. Life sentence should be given to retailers while importers should be executed by hanging. This is getting annoying

Ahh! Bros, take it easy. No need to kill the common man. Just implement the law for Aso Rock, all government buildings and civil servant residences and we will have power by the end of 2013. wink
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Afam4eva(m): 4:24pm On Aug 29, 2012
Ijebulogic:

Ahh! Bros, take it easy. No need to kill the common man. Just implement the law for Aso Rock, all government buildings and civil servant residences and we will have power by the end of 2013. wink
It should be extended to the common man so that they will stand up and fight for their rights once and for all.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by maasoap(m): 4:25pm On Aug 29, 2012
afam4eva:
I guess those ones should be shot at sight.
Year, right.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Fhemmmy: 4:28pm On Aug 29, 2012
maasoap: Going to his pocket because the companies are being privatized and he is one of private investors jostling for the takeover. Infact, I believe it is the major reason behind his resignation due to criticism from workers. Can you now see why we're paying 500naira monthly which has nothing to do with what you consume. Hope you got what I meant by saying it is counter productive?

Thanks for the clarification and i will be watching the rest closely
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Clemzy16(m): 4:29pm On Aug 29, 2012
They should not celebrate yet. What's the evidence that the new-to-be-appointed minister is going to perform any better.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by desthan(m): 4:30pm On Aug 29, 2012
so much for constant electricity
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by juman(m): 4:45pm On Aug 29, 2012
The man made bloody mistake. He rubbished all his effort.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by mufmarufali2(m): 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2012
It seems to me that we love darkness than light in Nigeria, if not, why must we be jubilating over this? Please let there be light!!!
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by ariy(m): 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2012
Fhemmmy: I am not sure what the crime of the dude was . . .
I wonder o!
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 29, 2012
Their Celebration will be short-lived as the bid process mode will be activated on September 25. The days of Darkness will soon be over once private companies spring up from all directions. Mikano and the rest of the generator companies need to be sacked. And diesel importers should be restricted to sell only to authorized filling stations only.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by thelastPope(m): 4:54pm On Aug 29, 2012
maasoap: He was not sacked at all, he only resigned due to conflict of interests. How could you be a minister of power and still wanted to buy what you spearheaded its sale? BTW, the current improvement in the electricity supply was as a result of raining season as it was confirmed by government representative itself just last week. You've been told to expect a drop in supply once water level decreases in next 5 or 6 months. Whether Nnaji resign or not, electricity will still go back to its usual level. BTW, Nnaji is a thief, he removed 150naira maintenance fee only to replace it 500naira fixed charge! That's pure counter productive in nature.

I think you or your relative are a PHCN staff. That is why you will post something like this. But it doesn't matter, because we know people like you are our enemies. Noted
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by maasoap(m): 4:54pm On Aug 29, 2012
kITA TITA:

It really surprised me how you missed the news just last week. The news was even posted on the nairaland front page here. Na wa o.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by thelastPope(m): 5:01pm On Aug 29, 2012
kITA TITA:

Why are some of you soooooooo terribly ignorant? The man told you there will be 300MW drop. You are currently on over 4400MW. How is that going to return you to the past and how is that an excuse for anything. By the time the dry season he is talking about arrives, you will actually have crossed the 5000MW threshold. Please go an learn how to read properly and always read articles when you see them. Don't read headlines and run away. Such a pity.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by maasoap(m): 5:03pm On Aug 29, 2012
thelastPope:

I think you or your relative are a PHCN staff. That is why you will post something like this. But it doesn't matter, because we know people like you are our enemies. Noted
How am I a PHCN worker or a relative of one? Because I said I don't like the man due to his cheating policy of monthly 500naira fixed charge which I'm paying whether I have electricity or not. Why not increasing the tariff above 12.30 if they feel it is not commensurate with what they really wanted to charge? I still maintain that we're in the peak period of electricity supply.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by ujukala: 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2012
I honestly think so
Enangson: In contrast, i think the PHCN workers are celebrating departure of constant power supply, which Prof Barth Nnaji represent.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by jege456: 5:12pm On Aug 29, 2012
I'm glad 99% of nairalanders feel the same way I do about Barth Nnaji. Just as rightly mentioned by someone here, he was the best and hardest working minister in GEJ's cabinet. It's so unfortunate, this turn of events.

True, he infracted the BPE and NCP rules. But he still made a full disclosure to the president.

He's so better than the bunch of them in government yet he had the honour to resign.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by thelastPope(m): 5:12pm On Aug 29, 2012
maasoap: How am I a PHCN worker or a relative of one? Because I said I don't like the man due to his cheating policy of monthly 500naira fixed charge which I'm paying whether I have electricity or not. Why not increasing the tariff above 12.30 if they feel it is not commensurate with what they really wanted to charge? I still maintain that we're in the peak period of electricity supply.

You again are showing you are either terribly ignorant or just a member of the saboteurs club. The greater percentage of the power you are enjoying now comes from gas not water. So even if we loose 300MW to the drop in water levels, that cannot translate into national darkness. And by the dry season, more MW would have been added as new gas plants come on stream and some currently running gas plants produce more MW as more gas is nade available. Again I insist you are a saboteur, that's why you are posting what you are posting. You or your relative have an interest in Nigeria being in darkness. I believe it favours you more

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Victorsky(m): 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2012
Ban Generator usage and Arrest any importers/distributors of generator in Nigeria. Barth , your Resignation is not accepted by Nigerians...pls return if you are a true Nigeria man.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2012
thelastPope:

You again are showing you are either terribly ignorant or just a member of the saboteurs club. The greater percentage of the power you are enjoying now comes from gas not water. So even if we loose 300MW to the drop in water levels, that cannot translate into national darkness. And by the dry season, more MW would have been added as new gas plants come on stream and some currently running gas plants produce more MW as more gas is nade available. Again I insist you are a saboteur, that's why you are posting what you are posting. You or your relative have an interest in Nigeria being in darkness. I believe it favours you more
God Bless you for your unbiased opinion. The never-do-well mongrels do not expect anything good from Bethlehem.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by SkyBlue1: 5:28pm On Aug 29, 2012
Apart from greatly stifling the Nigerian economy and curbing growth potential, the poor state of the power sector in Nigeria costs lives both directlly and indirectly. This thing has gone on for too long and any hint of a revert to the old or rubbishing of grounds built should be seriously frowned upon. We should start treating saboteurs of development in the power sector with extreme severity, right down to the man he sweeps the floor in NEPA offices if found guilty. Nigerians have tolerated this nonsense for too long. My conscience and values stop me just short of calling for the death sentence for saboteurs, it really is sickening. Let us start dying for good reasons, and not because of NEPA, or bad roads, or fake drugs and the rampart insecurity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes / FG Owes 70,000 Workers Three-month Salaries / Buhari’s SGF Spends N65 Million On OSGF WEBSITE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.