Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure (12695 Views)

Okorocha, Ogbonnaya Onu Led Barth Nnaji Other Igbo Leaders To Buhari (pics) / Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation / Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by safarigirl(f): 12:18am On Aug 30, 2012
Saw it on the news, some hungry-looking mofos celebrating their own demise. May they lose their ill gotten wealth in fires and floods. And this power problem will return to hunt them when they've left the service and have to take numbers everyday for some dead pension scheme. *weeping* Barth, why? Who will take your place now? They should've allowed you buy the entire sector even, all I'm interested in is my precious electricity....off to find my fuel keg.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by kutchs: 12:24am On Aug 30, 2012
ebamma: his crime was trying to use his position as the minister of power to influence the bidding process of power plants to his company's advantage
When you say influence the process I begin to wonder what actually is wrong with it other than the said code of conduct provision. If his company Geometric Services which we know is highly qualified and competent can do the job, satisfy us with the regular supply of power we crave for then why look beyond it. It is a shame we are made to lose a very competent and mature brain and highly qualified company. Dee Barth we shall always remember ur legacy.

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 30, 2012
maasoap: He was not sacked at all, he only resigned due to conflict of interests. How could you be a minister of power and still wanted to buy what you spearheaded its sale? BTW, the current improvement in the electricity supply was as a result of raining season as it was confirmed by government representative itself just last week. You've been told to expect a drop in supply once water level decreases in next 5 or 6 months. Whether Nnaji resign or not, electricity will still go back to its usual level. BTW, Nnaji is a thief, he removed 150naira maintenance fee only to replace it 500naira fixed charge! That's pure counter productive in nature.
don't just post out of half baked news. How sure are you that the circulating news is true. This is a wide travelled professor we are talking about here. And has been in that sector for years. If you are allowed to meet him one on one,can you muster courage,look into his eyes and call him a thief. Some of these people are senior citizens of nigeria. lets make effort to accord them so respect.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by nelklyn(m): 2:06am On Aug 30, 2012
maasoap: the current improvement in the electricity supply was as a result of raining season as it was confirmed by government representative itself just last week. You've been told to expect a drop in supply once water level decreases in next 5 or 6 months.

Is this the only raining season we've had in Nigeria for the past several years? Let's be realistic Nnaji might have committed whatever it is he's accused of but he did his job well as the Minister of Power. I mean I have been serving in one village without electricity for several months not until he came to our rescue. And just a matter of hours that he resigned, the village is back to it's former state. Please...spare me the details

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by blocker: 4:06am On Aug 30, 2012
tongue :PDespite all the billions of naira how many Ministers of Power had ever resigned in the past? Mention one. They were either removed, reassigned or sacked by an incoming administration. How many of them held the credentials and experience as Prof Barth Nnaji? None.Sorry I just thought I should ask.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Tinyemeka(m): 4:55am On Aug 30, 2012
I don't know O, but power supply has been interrupted for very long periods since he left. Four times! angry Are these mad people being sarcastic and feeling all-powerful or what?

It's just too bad.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by okpurukata(f): 7:27am On Aug 30, 2012
Let them rejoice. Their rejoicing will be short lived in Jesus name - Amen. NITEL workers assumed they were Lords until the carpet was pulled from under their feet. We know where they are today. All enemies of steady power supply in Nigeria -In the name of PHCN staff will be over come. They have just drawn the batte line with the Nigerian people. We will over come them and all their cohorts. It's a matter of a short time.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by kezzibee(f): 8:52am On Aug 30, 2012
Dis country I gradually sinking deep into d dark pit sad
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by ZeusI: 9:23am On Aug 30, 2012
smiley wink cheesy grin angry undecided
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by ZeusI: 9:25am On Aug 30, 2012
Oh! U c? This shows that Nnaji was a good disciplinarian during his services. Why because every PHCN worker is a crook, the celeb says it all then. Goodluck to Goodluck on his assumption to a new office. wink
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by seglan(m): 9:28am On Aug 30, 2012
The electricity workers are all full, do they think God can answer their prayer and forsake Nigerians that have been in the dark all these years?
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by greaterlove(m): 9:57am On Aug 30, 2012
Little by little nigerians are realizing who their real enemies are, it is no other but ourselves. God has blessed this country with resources far more than countries like singapore and malaysia. Imagine phcn staff saying they have been praying for nnaji's sack, ask me which God have they been praying to? Until we realize that some of these labour unions are more corrupt than the government, until we realize that big government does not profit the people, until we realize that if subsidy is not removed from pms the corruption in that sector will continue. We want change but are too lazy to bring about change.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by gdino2008: 12:40pm On Aug 30, 2012
it is extremly sad that some imposto in nijeria dont want to experience changes that will make this country move foward and even compete with the outside world. indeed am very surprise to see the workers of PHCN jubilating at the exit of the exceptional and inovative minister of power! Bath Nnaji. though he has a shared interest in the privatization of PHCN, but if his interest will help bring about stable power supply in Nigeria,i would rather be very happy than to castigate him. come to think of it, who are the owners of other companys that are bidding to own PHCN? the workers of PHCN should be ashamed of thier actions.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by maasoap(m): 2:24pm On Aug 30, 2012
thelastPope:

You are applauding misinformation? Lol

He was not sacked because of workers complains. The workers are part of the enemy. He resigned because of conflict of interest.

The greater number of MW right now comes from gas stations, not rain.

Yes the 500 Naira fixed charge is a problem and I have been fighting it too, but it doesn't go into the pocket of the private companies alone. A major part of it still goes to government. Also, it is just like the fixed charge that was introduced by the telecoms companies earlier. On full privatization, it will be eroded by market forces eventually. Also, it wasn't a unilateral decision by Bart Nnaji. It was part of the demand of investors because they found out several issues with the power industry including the fact that close to 45percent of Nigerians don't pay for their electricity.

Like I said, I still don't fully agree the fixed charge should stay, but I understand the decision's premise and it does have some iota of legitimacy.

The guy is grossly misinformed and he is spreading it like a disease. Lol
You said I'm grossly misinformed just because I protest the solving of 500naira fixed charge into my throat by Nnaji. And I'm spreading it like a disease just because I expressed my displeasure at the policy of exploitation? Are you simply telling me that as a common man, I shouldn't express my displeasure at the cheating policy? Na wa o.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by maasoap(m): 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2012
2ruink:
i feel for the poor woman who gave birth to a brainless animal like you. when did you leave you rock-home?
This is the kind of post is the one that really exposed people with low IQ like you. They would automatically resort to personal abuse because they lack superior arguement. I'm far above people like you in logical presentation. Stop name calling, get a life and raise your level in terms of intelligent contribution.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by maasoap(m): 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2012
jaw jaw:

Nothing amazes me like when someone consistently shows his lack of knowledge and still doesnt realize he doesnt know what he is talking about over and over again.
What do you know about electricity charges?
Bart Nnaii was trying to improve electricity generation and at the same time bring the Nigerian standard of billing to international standards.
In developed countries you are charged monthly 2 or more fees for power that are not related to what you consume.
I can reliably mention (1)Administration Fee (2)Meter and Data Fee.
So pls before u talk open your brain and learn.
Dont come here and expose your lack of knowledge.
Haba!!!
Please Mr, can you give us two example of countries that charge consumers arbitrarily which you still considered "international standard" apart from VAT? He should have increased VAT for the govt and per unit charge for the investors. But a situation where you make sure that electricity providers are getting 500naira or more monthly from each house whether they generate a unit of energy or not, is counter productive to the transformation agenda because, it gives incentives where it is not due. And it is a cheat to the consumers too. I don't know about electricity but you haven't told me what I know.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by fankasibe: 2:57pm On Aug 30, 2012
at this point, it is obvious that Nigeria is a stupid country ruled by political fools......i urge the military officers to go take control of all administrative affair.....and all PHCN staffs should be sacked immediately sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by maasoap(m): 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2012
centje: don't just post out of half baked news. How sure are you that the circulating news is true. This is a wide travelled professor we are talking about here. And has been in that sector for years. If you are allowed to meet him one on one,can you muster courage,look into his eyes and call him a thief. Some of these people are senior citizens of nigeria. lets make effort to accord them so respect.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by maasoap(m): 3:12pm On Aug 30, 2012
nelklyn:

Is this the only raining season we've had in Nigeria for the past several years? Let's be realistic Nnaji might have committed whatever it is he's accused of but he did his job well as the Minister of Power. I mean I have been serving in one village without electricity for several months not until he came to our rescue. And just a matter of hours that he resigned, the village is back to it's former state. Please...spare me the details
Firstly, my contribution has nothing to do with workers jubilation. You said just hours after his resignation, power has become unstable, and that one actually got me laughing.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 30, 2012
Enangson: In contrast, i think the PHCN workers are celebrating departure of constant power supply, which Prof Barth Nnaji represent.
It is a pity when people just pull out stories from their arse and present them as fact.
For the record: PHCN workers are not protesting Nnaji's efforts to better electricity, they are protesting his attempt at under-compensating them after the privatisation process.
All they're asking for is to be treated fairly upon PHCN's privatisation. And you actually sound uninformed if you think one lowly staff has any control over how power is generated, transmitted or distributed. Perhaps you should question celebrated 'achievers' like Liyel Imoke.
Research and be sure of your findings before you start postulating fantastical theories.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Akanbiedu(m): 5:14pm On Aug 30, 2012
A reason to believe Nnaji was doing something right.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by wengerjay(m): 5:03am On Aug 31, 2012
To the jubilating phcn workers,not yet el-dorado!The devil u know is far better than the angel u dont know.Jst pray for the best.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by saintohia: 11:04am On Aug 31, 2012
@ thelastpope & Ijebulogic

Your explanation and line of thoughts are ok, based on your response to my post respectively.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari’s SGF Spends N65 Million On OSGF WEBSITE / $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu / Eroton Well Has Been Spilling Crude Oil In Bayelsa For Two Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.