Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,547 members, 7,955,027 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:53 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (777435 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 01, 2014
equlibrium:
see pesin wey wan go oz go perch dey call me bird undecided
pot and kettle tongue

Oz go perch ke? I wan go Oz go balance full ground everywhere hehe...to create new habitat
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by charles316: 9:21am On Aug 01, 2014
bossladyMo:

The requirement is even a Bachelor's or higher, so it's a negative result already. Try looking gor another occupation your work exp fits into, that requires an Advanced Diploma....altbough it is just 10pts as said above.

I dont get this part. Kindly explain
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 9:25am On Aug 01, 2014
charles316:

I dont get this part. Kindly explain

Your qualifications must be assessed to at least equal to Australian Bachelor's degree before you can be assessed positive.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by charles316: 9:29am On Aug 01, 2014
bellong:

Your qualifications must be assessed to at least equal to Australian Bachelor's degree before you can be assessed positive.

so what do u advice? I m confused .
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 01, 2014
charles316:

Look for another occupation your work exp can fit into, but requires a lesser qualification. Scan the CSOL to check
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 9:37am On Aug 01, 2014
charles316:

This

bossladyMo:
Look for another occupation your work exp can fit into, but requires a lesser qualification. Scan the CSOL to check
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by charles316: 9:38am On Aug 01, 2014
bellong:

This

Engineering Technologist 233914
how about this? How do I know if the minimum requirement for Engineering Technologist is advanced diploma or bachelors?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 9:41am On Aug 01, 2014
charles316:

Engineering Technologist
how about this? How do I know if the minimum requirement for Engineering Technologist is advanced diploma or bachelors?

You will need to check the Australia's skills and occupation website (ASRI) or something. It has all the details about qualifications and job specifications for all occupations.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 01, 2014
charles316:

Engineering Technologist 233914

To know the educational qualifications needed, just google the ' <occupation code> anzsco'...it will bring out the educational requirements, job description and assessing body. E.g 233914 anzsco.

OR

Go to anzscosearch.com , type the occupation code or name, and read the details it brings out.

Engineering Technologist will most likely require a bachelor's...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 01, 2014
equlibrium:
I tink she has to also upload sponsorship letters frm her folks basically sayn dis is my kid and I wil b responsible for his/her upkeep during her study period in ur sch.
gud tin I seen wit aussie unis though is dat dey wil contact u to supply additional documents if u r missn out any dat is holdn bac an offer. Try dat wit canadian sch na. . .

Will try that,thank you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 01, 2014
FutureDon:

Perhaps, they are referring to sponsorship letters from people who already has some sort of award/funding from an external body. I believe you should be able to skip that part.

Ask your questions, people are generally nice on this thread.

Thanks very much.will ask questions from time to time smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kingsbeko(m): 10:31am On Aug 01, 2014
lovelydamsel:

I thank you very much will go ahead with the school smiley
. But u hav to take IELTS for aussie embassy will need it
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by charles316: 10:36am On Aug 01, 2014
bellong

bossladyMo:

To know the educational qualifications needed, just google the ' <occupation code> anzsco'...it will bring out the educational requirements, job description and assessing body. E.g 233914 anzsco.

OR

Go to anzscosearch.com , type the occupation code or name, and read the details it brings out.

Engineering Technologist will most likely require a bachelor's...

I did just that. found this

``This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).``

I have 8 years post HND experience and 5 years post PGD experience. Can my experience substitute for the formal qualification?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 01, 2014
kingsbeko: . But u hav to take IELTS for aussie embassy will need it

Thank you very much,just answered a question.I was about to ask.been going through the thread so I won't take you guys backward.but I can write this IELTS in abuja?cuz travelling to lagos is really stressful
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 11:12am On Aug 01, 2014
kingsbeko: . But u hav to take IELTS for aussie embassy will need it

Not entirely true. I know a few people (going for BSc/MSc) who got their visas without submitting any test of English result during visa application. According to Australia Immi Dept., it is the responsibility of the admitting School to assess prospective students' proficiency in English Language. It is unusual that the embassy will request for it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 01, 2014
Don't get it twisted. No assessing body will assess you without having thr equivalent qualifications. I think that bolded statement has to do with employment in that occupation, and not assessment for that occupation.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by jennykim: 12:20pm On Aug 01, 2014
Good afternoon all.please I need some clarifications.Iam preparing to go for my MSc.in nursing at UoW by jan/feb 2015,and I have a baby.how will my 9months old baby cope when I have classes?how much is creche over there or a nanny?where is the cheapest accomodation closest to the school and how much.As a Nigerian Nurse that is not registered with australian medical board,how and wher can I fit in to work,pending when am registered?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
1. I think UOW has a child daycare centre, you can confirm that. But as for the cost...hmmm...childcare is expensive if you are not a PR ooo...check careforkids.com.au to check the cost/day or cost/hr in your chosen location. You can also go for family daycare (i.e where the children are looked after in a home setting), and it is cheaper. Nannies are expensive. But you will get the different costs on that website sha...just brace your mind to fork out some at least 1,200 per month, if schooling fulltime. Also, daycares have a waiting list...so do what you have to do fast. You might be lucky and get a space instantly sha, but the best daycares are always filled up fast.

2. You can't work as a nurse in Aus without being registered...you can't even work as an enrolled nurse. Depending on the school you finished from, you might just need a 3mth additional study period, to qualify for ANMAC/AHPRA registeration. This registeration, coupled with any work experience you have, is a sure banker for getting PR through the 189/190 route...infact, you are sure to get your PR shap shap sef, cos nurses are given speedy application. They are always in demand.

That is the little I know from my Nigerian sense and research.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by jennykim: 12:55pm On Aug 01, 2014
bossladyMo: 1. I think UOW has a child daycare centre, you can confirm that. But as for the cost...hmmm...childcare is expensive if you are not a PR ooo...check careforkids.com.au to check the cost/day or cost/hr in your chosen location. You can also go for family daycare (i.e where the children are looked after in a home setting), and it is cheaper. Nannies are expensive. But you will get the different costs on that website sha...just brace your mind to fork out some at least 1,200 per month, if schooling fulltime. Also, daycares have a waiting list...so do what you have to do fast. You might be lucky and get a space instantly sha, but the best daycares are always filled up fast.

2. You can't work as a nurse in Aus without being registered...you can't even work as an enrolled nurse. Depending on the school you finished from, you might just need a 3mth additional study period, to qualify for ANMAC/AHPRA registeration. This registeration, coupled with any work experience you have, is a sure banker for getting PR through the 189/190 route...infact, you are sure to get your PR shap shap sef, cos nurses are given speedy application. They are always in demand.

Thanks BossladyMo.Talking about the school I went to,I did my nursing in a university so I have a Bachelors degree in nursing from nigeria(Bachelor of nursing science).can I register for ANMAC/AHPRA immediately I get into aussie? How much will it cost me to do d programme in 3months?won't it interfer with my studies?.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oknee: 1:29pm On Aug 01, 2014
jennykim:

Thanks BossladyMo.Talking about the school I went to,I did my nursing in a university so I have a Bachelors degree in nursing from nigeria(Bachelor of nursing science).can I register for ANMAC/AHPRA immediately I get into aussie? How much will it cost me to do d programme in
3months?won't it interfer with my studies?.

why dont you do a little research by going to their website. you can even send them a mail and ask them all these questions.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 01, 2014
jennykim:

Thanks BossladyMo.Talking about the school I went to,I did my nursing in a university so I have a Bachelors degree in nursing from nigeria(Bachelor of nursing science).can I register for ANMAC/AHPRA immediately I get into aussie? How much will it cost me to do d programme in 3months?won't it interfer with my studies?.

ANMAC is for skills assessment - http://www.anmac.org.au/faqs

AHPRA is for registeration in Aus - http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/Registration-and-Endorsement/International.aspx

The rest of the research is left to you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 1:52pm On Aug 01, 2014
charles316:
bellong

I did just that. found this

``This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).``

I have 8 years post HND experience and 5 years post PGD experience. Can my experience substitute for the formal qualification?

The bolded is subject to interpretation of the assessing body if they think your experience fits the job specifications. Check through the listed duties of the occupation on that site to see if you have similar/exact performed tasks in your job.

Meanwhile, you can send a mail to your assessing body for clarification and better explanation.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aolatunde00: 3:30pm On Aug 01, 2014
bossladyMo: 1. I think UOW has a child daycare centre, you can confirm that. But as for the cost...hmmm...childcare is expensive if you are not a PR ooo...check careforkids.com.au to check the cost/day or cost/hr in your chosen location. You can also go for family daycare (i.e where the children are looked after in a home setting), and it is cheaper. Nannies are expensive. But you will get the different costs on that website sha...just brace your mind to fork out some at least 1,200 per month, if schooling fulltime. Also, daycares have a waiting list...so do what you have to do fast. You might be lucky and get a space instantly sha, but the best daycares are always filled up fast.

This is some good info.was under the impression that the least I could get for daycare was $100.i googled the address up there and saw some significantly reduced charges.I guess key is getting slots in those reduced care centres.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by laminaria(m): 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2014
good people of nairaland... I just checked my ielts online now, and I got more than needed. proceeds to application but am confused in d area of attested n verified documents? does that mean I will need to go to court iand do dis including my passport n Ielts result at court? thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 4:27pm On Aug 01, 2014
laminaria: good people of nairaland... I just checked my ielts online now, and I got more than needed. proceeds to application but am confused in d area of attested n verified documents? does that mean I will need to go to court iand do dis including my passport n Ielts result at court? thanks.

Congrats on the IELTS result. Documents' certification is easy and straightforward, make photocopies of the documents you would like to certify and take them to any high court (I'm more familiar with this). Do not forget to take along the originals too as it would be required for sighting.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by laminaria(m): 4:38pm On Aug 01, 2014
FutureDon:

Congrats on the IELTS result. Documents' certification is easy and straightforward, make photocopies of the documents you would like to certify and take them to any high court (I'm more familiar with this). Do not forget to take along the originals too as it would be required for sighting.
tanks for quick response.... Is it OK in black n white copies or coloured copies becos am scanning it to d international officer email..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 4:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
laminaria: tanks for quick response.... Is it OK in black n white copies or coloured copies becos am scanning it to d international officer email..

Welcome. Black and white would do.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gogochocolate: 7:50pm On Aug 01, 2014
Just got a positive acknowledgement from engineers australia. Any engineer can ask me question and I will try and answer. Thank you to senior members of the forum for answering questions.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nattybanta(m): 8:03pm On Aug 01, 2014
In a sad mood. British Council just killed me. IELTS - L-9 R-5.5 W-7 S-7.5 arrrrrggggghhhhhh
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
Please the IELTS how much is it.what kind of questions do they ask? And what is their website please so I can read more about this exam.thank you smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 8:33pm On Aug 01, 2014
nattybanta: In a sad mood. British Council just killed me. IELTS - L-9 R-5.5 W-7 S-7.5 arrrrrggggghhhhhh

I understand how u feel but NO time for "arrrrrggggghhhhhh". Dust urself up and try again. Better luck next time. At least u now knw d area to work more on.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 9:16pm On Aug 01, 2014
nattybanta: In a sad mood. British Council just killed me. IELTS - L-9 R-5.5 W-7 S-7.5 arrrrrggggghhhhhh

Chaiiiiii.... BC dia iz GOD oh.

Better luck next time smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.