Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,086 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (752410 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by juliana13139: 11:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
well i just did mine and i got 144,000...i thin it all depends on the date of travel...so check very well and get cheap fares and dates both from here and from Malaysia....for eg i used 18th Aug etihad.110,000 then airasia on the 20th i got 34,000 naira to Sydney...so he is very correct.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 5:09am On Jul 28, 2014
@Juliana@aolatundeoo#

Can anyone help me with my booking too? thanx.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 8:07am On Jul 28, 2014
Aside cutting expenses, one thing I like about what you guys are suggesting is that one may also use this method to avoid sitting on the plane for long hours. For example, a flight from LOS - SIN - BNE is around 7hrs - 7hrs - 7hrs. If booking about a month ahead, it cost about $1635 (Emirates). The only deal breaker - one has to obtain a transit visa pre-arrival.

Aim: To cut expenses (not much I guess) and to avoid sitting on the plane for long hours.

I find a flight boring once it is more than 8hrs sad
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 8:25am On Jul 28, 2014
FutureDon: Aside cutting expenses, one thing I like about what you guys are suggesting is that one may also use this method to avoid sitting on the plane for long hours. For example, a flight from LOS - SIN - BNE is around 7hrs - 7hrs - 7hrs. If booking about a month ahead, it cost about $1635 (Emirates). The only deal breaker - one has to obtain a transit visa pre-arrival.

Aim: To cut expenses (not much I guess) and to avoid sitting on the plane for long hours.

I find a flight boring once it is more than 8hrs sad

i was about to stress the same thing(the bolded).
while we are looking at cutting costs,we should not overlook this important point to aviod unnecessary embarrassment at the airport.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 28, 2014
Anyone that watches Border Security, will understand why routing through too many countries, especially on a flight route which is not the norm, can subject you to long and extra scrutiny at the POE.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 28, 2014
Zenkel:

I'm sorry about that...

No pee...No hard feelings!

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Zenkel(m): 8:56am On Jul 28, 2014
cconcept:

i was about to stress the same thing(the bolded).
while we are looking at cutting costs,we should not overlook this important point to aviod unnecessary embarrassment at the airport.

Yeah, the more reason why I listed d documents I submitted for my transit visa.
I also want to let you know that Malaysia embassy dznt allow application by proxy; you've to apply in person. But for collection, anyone you give your collection slip can help you do that.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by juliana13139: 9:28am On Jul 28, 2014
bossladyMo: Anyone that watches Border Security, will understand why routing through too many countries, especially on a flight route which is not the norm, can subject you to long and extra scrutiny at the POE.
the only time you get to be questioned that way is when you actually enter the country and then continue your journey.....EG instead of just making a transit you actually visit malaysia for a few days then move on the Australia...thats when they begin to question you...the truth is most of the airlines from naija except etihad will usually take you through thailand if your using egypt air, then etiopian air will tke you through singapore......the list goes on and on.even qatar...guess the buttom line is what you can afford esp if your bringing your family along you get to save enough.....plus it reduces the very long 13hrs of seating.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by jtbaba1: 9:53am On Jul 28, 2014
Morning peepz.. I have really searched and search. . Looking for a university with low tuition fee..
I want to study Master in Mining. . But all the universities I have seen ranges from 32500per year that is about 65k for the 2 years apart from feeding accommodation.. that is killing..
please I need your advice on how best to go about it.

thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Zenkel(m): 10:01am On Jul 28, 2014
juliana13139: the only time you get to be questioned that way is when you actually enter the country and then continue your journey.....EG instead of just making a transit you actually visit malaysia for a few days then move on the Australia...thats when they begin to question you...the truth is most of the airlines from naija except etihad will usually take you through thailand if your using egypt air, then etiopian air will tke you through singapore......the list goes on and on.even qatar...guess the buttom line is what you can afford esp if your bringing your family along you get to save enough.....plus it reduces the very long 13hrs of seating.
As long you meets the entry point requirements......
genuine visa to d the 3rd country, genuine transit visa issued by their embassy in your home country, yellow card(not 2005/2006 card), onward ticket to the 3rd country, you are good to go. Immigratn clearance is not a big deal if your documents are complete.
The rule is that: If you are transiting with the same airline, no immigration clearance is required. Many of the Asians(Indians, China, etc) in Aussie uses this route and I've gone through their forum too. Indian, China, Sri-lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan passport holders are free to arrival without transit visa, such is called transit pass.
One more thing, Airasia are well known for connecting flight to the third country of destination which must be any of the following: Australia, New Zealand, U.S.A, China, Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 10:07am On Jul 28, 2014
Zenkel:
As long you meets the entry point requirements......
genuine visa to d the 3rd country, genuine transit visa issued by their embassy in your home country, yellow card(not 2005/2006 card), onward ticket to the 3rd country, you are good to go. Immigratn clearance is not a big deal if your documents are complete.
The rule is that: If you are transiting with the same airline, no immigration clearance is required. Many of the Asians(Indians, China, etc) in Aussie uses this route and I've gone through their forum too. Indian, China, Sri-lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan passport holders are free to arrival without transit visa, such is called transit pass.
One more thing, Airasia are well known for connecting flight to the third country of destination which must be any of the following: Australia, New Zealand, U.S.A, China, Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan.

bro/sis,could you reconfirm these destinations because i just checked and i could not see NZ and USA on their website
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Zenkel(m): 10:39am On Jul 28, 2014
cconcept:

bro/sis,could you reconfirm these destinations because i just checked and i could not see NZ and USA on their website

www.airasia.com/my/en/latest-news/malaysia-entry-requirement.page

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chygohzye: 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2014
Too much senrenren for one journey...BTW,isnt AirAsia the one with a recent crash? Correct me if im wrong. I used Etihad airways wen I travelled, just one stop in abudhabi for like 2hrs and den straight to Sydney.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 1:58pm On Jul 28, 2014
Molue no dey go Aussie? That would be cheaper
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 1:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
Molue no dey go Aussie? That would be a lot cheaper
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 28, 2014
Isn't the Malaysian embassy in Abuja sef? So that's 2 trips, flight/bus, to apply for and collect the transit visa...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ugochux(m): 4:17pm On Jul 28, 2014
@bossladyMo
Ma'am, good day..I'm new here..I have bn able to convince my sponsor bout my trip to Aussie to study Radiography..I wil b done with my nysc by mid-next year..I have a school in mind and I knw dia average tuition even though tuition chngs almost annually..my sponsor wnts to have an idea of how much it wil cost to make d trip..startn frm getn visa till my arrival at melbourne..do u have an idea??just a rough estimate..thanks..( Any other person can contribute too)
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 28, 2014
Ugochux: @bossladyMo
Ma'am, good day..I'm new here..I have bn able to convince my sponsor bout my trip to Aussie to study Radiography..I wil b done with my nysc by mid-next year..I have a school in mind and I knw dia average tuition even though tuition chngs almost annually..my sponsor wnts to have an idea of how much it wil cost to make d trip..startn frm getn visa till my arrival at melbourne..do u have an idea??just a rough estimate..thanks..( Any other person can contribute too)

Sorry, but I'm not so conversant with the student visa process. I'm sure someone else will answer.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by jtbaba1: 6:48pm On Jul 28, 2014
Morning peepz.. I have really searched and search. . Looking for a university with low tuition fee..
I want to study Master in Mining. . But all the universities I have seen ranges from 32500per year that is about 65k for the 2 years apart from feeding accommodation.. that is killing..
please I need your advice on how best to go about it.

thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ugochux(m): 9:57pm On Jul 28, 2014
bossladyMo:

Sorry, but I'm not so conversant with the student visa process. I'm sure someone else will answer.
Ok, no problem..but do know anyone I can ask? Its kinda urgent..thanks tho!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 28, 2014
Just throw the question open to the house...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Harmony222(m): 10:21pm On Jul 28, 2014
Hello house. Plx wats up with southern aussie, i heard currently unemployment rate is fairly on the increase. How true is thats?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 10:55pm On Jul 28, 2014
@jtbaba1
Schooling in oz is quite expensive plus living expenses. I expect you to Google various schools in oz and make a decision on which is cheap for you. You may want to go thru previous posts too.
it will be better you look for a school on SVP to ease the visa issue.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aolatunde00: 12:32am On Jul 29, 2014
hello guys.pls is there anyone in the house whos received a positive assessment from CPA/IPAA in the past?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ugochux(m): 5:32am On Jul 29, 2014
Good day house, please can someone help me with a rough estimate of what it wd cost me to make my movmnt to aussie.. Both flight, Visa and any other thing involving money.. My sponsor wants to have an idea and prep for it bfr next year..thanks in advnc.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 5:57am On Jul 29, 2014
aolatunde00: hello guys.pls is there anyone in the house whos received a positive assessment from CPA/IPAA in the past?

Yea. I got assessed by CPA. It was +ve
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by badenugba: 9:15am On Jul 29, 2014
Hello house, after reading enough on this thread, I finally think I can be eligible for the class 190 of the skillselect,
My question is: How and when will someone get the state nomination since its also part of what will make the points to be 60.
Can someone break down the whole process for me.
Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aolatunde00: 9:38am On Jul 29, 2014
prechear:

Yea. I got assessed by CPA. It was +ve

great!pls what was your first degree in and what occupation were you accessed for?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 29, 2014
badenugba: Hello house, after reading enough on this thread, I finally think I can be eligible for the class 190 of the skillselect,
My question is: How and when will someone get the state nomination since its also part of what will make the points to be 60.
Thanks

You sure you read the thread fully? Cos your answer is just 2 pages back...

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aolatunde00: 9:43am On Jul 29, 2014
badenugba: Hello house, after reading enough on this thread, I finally think I can be eligible for the class 190 of the skillselect,
Thanks

I asked earlier and bosslady replied:

As for the EOI process...the 189 is pretty direct, but the 190 involves a few extra steps. States like QLD, SA, WA, require you to submit an EOI, select 190, and select their state, and after you do that, they invite you to apply for state nomination and provide supporting documents. Once ypu are approved, the invite is sent immediately...WHILE...states like VIC, NSW, ACT, NT, require you to apply for nomination directly on their website, with or without filling an EOI. If an EOI filled before hand, the invite is sent automatically...but, if it wasn't filled before hand, once they approve your nomination application, they request that you fill an EOI, select 190 and their state, and furnish them with the number within 2 - 4 mths, after then will your invite be sent.

there u have it.this is after ielts and skill assessment.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by badenugba: 10:14am On Jul 29, 2014
aolatunde00:

I asked earlier and bosslady replied:

As for the EOI process...the 189 is pretty direct, but the 190 involves a few extra steps. States like QLD, SA, WA, require you to submit an EOI, select 190, and select their state, and after you do that, they invite you to apply for state nomination and provide supporting documents. Once ypu are approved, the invite is sent immediately...WHILE...states like VIC, NSW, ACT, NT, require you to apply for nomination directly on their website, with or without filling an EOI. If an EOI filled before hand, the invite is sent automatically...but, if it wasn't filled before hand, once they approve your nomination application, they request that you fill an EOI, select 190 and their state, and furnish them with the number within 2 - 4 mths, after then will your invite be sent.

there u have it.this is after ielts and skill assessment.
God bless you for the patience u have used to answer me, I want to put in for the class 190
wil I have to show my statement of account as part of the supporting documents,
Am single, with no accompany relation
I have HND in Mechanical Engineering,
I think I will be fine with my 3 years working experience as a Technician, but my occupation ( mechanical Technician) is under the consolidated occupation list. Can I lodge my EOI with an occupation on consolidated list
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aolatunde00: 10:24am On Jul 29, 2014
yes u can lodge your application with an occupation on the csol.you do not need your bank account to lodge an eoi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.