Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,888 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (754391 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ukchy: 8:24am On Jan 30, 2015
GTB rate is good o.I use them to pay school fees and their commission is reasonable and is always reliable
equlibrium:

Rumored? Rumored!!! angry
That darn bank will cut your head with machete!
Bossladymo, have your internet banking active on all your accounts so you can transfer to any bank's card with ease but know this, a Visa card will incur less charges than a master card and Diamond/Zenith charges are more reasonable than GTB.
So when you add Diamond's good rates and the fact they favour Visa cards vrs GTB rates and the fact the favour Master cards, the disparity in rates become more pronounced.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 30, 2015
Diamond Bank. This is to acknowledge the receipt of your mail. Please be informed that you will be required to visit the branch with the formal Australian govt letterhead Visa grant letter to enable you purchase the PTA  However, please be informed PTA can only be sold to individuals aged twelve (12) years and above and an end-user is entitled to PTA of $4,000 per quarter. Please note that Customer shall be debited for the naira equivalent of the PTA/BTA rate. Please find below the necessary requirements needed to purchase the PTA ·         Duly Completed PTA/BTAQuestionnaire – All required fields must be completed. ·         Questionnaires with incomplete information should not be accepted. ·         Valid International Passport – The passport must be valid i.e. not expired. ·         Valid Visa – The International passport must contain a valid visa to the Customers intended travel destination. Please note that a 1% flat charge shall apply on the naira equivalent of the PTA purchased. and COT shall apply where applicable ·         Travel Ticket - The Return Travel ticket must indicate the travel route and must terminate in Nigeria e.g. Lagos - London - Lagos. Also ensure that the ticket is a confirmed booking and not merely and online booking. Note: The only exceptions to this rule are indicated below: - Nigerian students abroad who are on holiday but travelling back. - Nigerians who have won overseas lottery and Nigerians who carry foreign passports on presentation of valid documents to support their claim. - Foreign nationals should be allowed to purchase with one way ticket on presentation of their work or resident permit Do not hesitate to inform us of any other issue.

You may please reach us any time on our 24/7 Diamond Care Contact Centre number; +234-700-3000-000 for further enquiries or send an email to enquiries@diamondbank.com 

Thank you for choosing Diamond Bank.

Best Regards, 

That is the mail I got from Diamond bank. I guess I will go to another branch.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oluwatobi94: 9:31am On Jan 30, 2015
equlibrium:

when are you travelling?
Na God I take beg you, no use GTB oh! Those guys are not smiling. If you have a diamond bank acct, you will get lower rates and better card fees.

i use GTB card to withdraw in Aussie and the charge me 162 Naira to 1AUD.. Gtb is not friendly.... Friends am now in Aussie with my student visa. .. I need all my ogas at the top to help me on how i can apply for PR with my Bsc in Agricultural |Economics.. What are the main requirements and what are the steps am gonna follow.. i need a response urgently so has to start the processing now....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 9:58am On Jan 30, 2015
ukchy:
GTB rate is good o.I use them to pay school fees and their commission is reasonable and is always reliable
hello??!!!!!
Did you check intl rates on the day you paid fees?
I recently usrd GTB and zenith to make payments same day, GTB charged me 158, Zenith 151, intl rates on the day, 148.50, unfortunately for mysef, I used GTB to pay 11k aud, multiply that by the 7naira extra GTB skinned me for.
Bros, GTB is a long thing men
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 10:02am On Jan 30, 2015
bossladyMo:
Diamond Bank. This is to acknowledge the receipt of your mail. Please be informed that you will be required to visit the branch with the formal Australian govt letterhead Visa grant letter to enable you purchase the PTA  However, please be informed PTA can only be sold to individuals aged twelve (12) years and above and an end-user is entitled to PTA of $4,000 per quarter. Please note that Customer shall be debited for the naira equivalent of the PTA/BTA rate. Please find below the necessary requirements needed to purchase the PTA ·         Duly Completed PTA/BTAQuestionnaire – All required fields must be completed. ·         Questionnaires with incomplete information should not be accepted. ·         Valid International Passport – The passport must be valid i.e. not expired. ·         Valid Visa – The International passport must contain a valid visa to the Customers intended travel destination. Please note that a 1% flat charge shall apply on the naira equivalent of the PTA purchased. and COT shall apply where applicable ·         Travel Ticket - The Return Travel ticket must indicate the travel route and must terminate in Nigeria e.g. Lagos - London - Lagos. Also ensure that the ticket is a confirmed booking and not merely and online booking. Note: The only exceptions to this rule are indicated below: - Nigerian students abroad who are on holiday but travelling back. - Nigerians who have won overseas lottery and Nigerians who carry foreign passports on presentation of valid documents to support their claim. - Foreign nationals should be allowed to purchase with one way ticket on presentation of their work or resident permit Do not hesitate to inform us of any other issue.

You may please reach us any time on our 24/7 Diamond Care Contact Centre number; +234-700-3000-000 for further enquiries or send an email to enquiries@diamondbank.com 

Best Regards, 

hmmm...
seems you qualify under the "won visa lottery" class.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 30, 2015
bossladyMo:

Best Regards, 

I know two people who tried but the banks refused to sell to them saying it is because there is no visa stamped in their passport
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 30, 2015
UBKtech:

I know two people who tried but the banks refused to sell to them saying it is because there is no visa stamped in their passport

I was told the same yesterday. Will print out this email and take along with me to another branch.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 30, 2015
equlibrium:

hmmm...
seems you qualify under the "won visa lottery" class.

Yea...I guess.

How primitive some Nigerian banks can be...no label, no dollars...when Vevo is right there. Besides, who says someone with a return ticket and visa stamp cant be lying. Tickets can be voided within 24hrs of issuance...it doesn't take a genius to work his or her way around it...mscheww!

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 30, 2015
oluwatobi94:

i use GTB card to withdraw in Aussie and the charge me 162 Naira to 1AUD.. Gtb is not friendly.... Friends am now in Aussie with my student visa. .. I need all my ogas at the top to help me on how i can apply for PR with my Bsc in Agricultural |Economics.. What are the main requirements and what are the steps am gonna follow.. i need a response urgently so has to start the processing now....

If you can take your time to read my posts...you will get all the info you need. Read at least 2-3weeks back.
If ypu have at least a year experience as an agric adviser/consultant or 3yrs as a farm manager, you may qualify.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ukchy: 11:15am On Jan 30, 2015
Will check dat .Just that their card is always given me what I want. I have first bank card though.
equlibrium:

hello??!!!!!
Did you check intl rates on the day you paid fees?
I recently usrd GTB and zenith to make payments same day, GTB charged me 158, Zenith 151, intl rates on the day, 148.50, unfortunately for mysef, I used GTB to pay 11k aud, multiply that by the 7naira extra GTB skinned me for.
Bros, GTB is a long thing men
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 30, 2015
Prechear, how far with accommodation. How are the agemts reacting to your newbie status?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ukchy: 1:45pm On Jan 30, 2015
I just collected my PTA through Fidelity bank now.I didn't boarder going to Diamond again
bossladyMo:

Yea...I guess.

How primitive some Nigerian banks can be...no label, no dollars...when Vevo is right there. Besides, who says someone with a return ticket and visa stamp cant be lying. Tickets can be voided within 24hrs of issuance...it doesn't take a genius to work his or her way around it...mscheww!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 30, 2015
ukchy:
I just collected my PTA through Fidelity bank now.I didn't boarder going to Diamond again

Oh really...

What are the requirements? Cos I don't have an account with them
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ukchy: 3:14pm On Jan 30, 2015
Passport
Visa print out
Ticket.They will verify the ticket from their head office
Naira equivalent of d dollar
The account must be functional for 6months.(Thats what the lady said)
bossladyMo:

Oh really...

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 30, 2015
bossladyMo:

Oh really...

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 30, 2015
bossladyMo:

Oh really...

pls, what do u need PTA for?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 30, 2015
cherries1:

pls, what do u need PTA for?

Personal Travel Allowance na
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 30, 2015
bossladyMo:

Personal Travel Allowance na

I know the full meaning but I don't understand why u want to buy USD then exchange again to AUD when u can use your ATM card.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 12:10am On Jan 31, 2015
ukchy:
what rate did they sell to you at?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 12:14am On Jan 31, 2015
bossladyMo:
Prechear, how far with accommodation. How are the agemts reacting to your newbie status?

Staying wit a friend at d moment.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:17am On Jan 31, 2015
cherries1:

I know the full meaning but I don't understand why u want to buy USD then exchange again to AUD when u can use your ATM card.

Trying to get the best value in AUD for my Nigerian naira.

Also, don't wanna rely on ATM, so as to prevent stories that touch lol. Stranded as a lone passenger is still workable...stranded with 2 infants!....hell on earth!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by weemee: 7:32am On Jan 31, 2015
Planning to leave few days after presidential election
Please can I travel to OZ with my artifacts?
Cos I don't want to loose them at the Airport.

Congratulations malkingburg!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ukchy: 7:38am On Jan 31, 2015
equlibrium:

what rate did they sell to you at?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 31, 2015
bossladyMo:

Trying to get the best value in AUD for my Nigerian naira.

Also, don't wanna rely on ATM, so as to prevent stories that touch lol. Stranded as a lone passenger is still workable...stranded with 2 infants!....hell on earth!

ok. I will be going with Diamond bank's Visa card & First bank's Master card. So, hopefully if one disappoints, d other would'nt.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by stalco84: 9:59am On Jan 31, 2015
ukchy:
Thanks soo much.

i will do that

then fit collect ur ugu o
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by stalco84: 10:05am On Jan 31, 2015
FutureDon:

There is usually a flat 1500Naira for international ATM withdrawals and 3AUD charged by the OZ bank whose ATM machine I used. From my experience living elsewhere, I think there are slight differences in the exchange rate across banks. For instance, GTB has been rumored to have slightly higher rates.
gtb charges 420 naira if yiu use there card here in oz then most atm charges 3$ but anz charge $2,

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 31, 2015
cherries1:

ok. I will be going with Diamond bank's Visa card & First bank's Master card. So, hopefully if one disappoints, d other would'nt.

Whatever it is, have a bit of cash with you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 31, 2015
stalco84:
gtb charges 420 naira if yiu use there card here in oz then most atm charges 3$ but anz charge $2,

Diamond charges 240
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ukchy: 12:26pm On Jan 31, 2015
Am not going with ugu.Am worried about my egusi,Ogbono and crayfish
stalco84:
then fit collect ur ugu o

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by deaero: 10:00pm On Jan 31, 2015
Please where can I download the SVP checklist. I have seen it on DIAC's site but it doesn't look normal copying and downloading from their page. I checked for it Immi.gov.au/checklists still proves abortive. Page not found. Somebody answer??!!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chygohzye: 1:13am On Feb 01, 2015
Hi all, as it pertains to food stuff, I think it all depends on the packaging. I came in with every kind of foodstuff,including palm oil, stockfisj
stockfish, anything you can think of. Just make certain of the following:
1. That everything is totally, as in completely dry.
2. Knorr cubes are allowed, as long as it isnt chicken knorr
3.for the fish wrap in newspapers,then foil, then newspaper, then foil again, before ziploc. No sniffer dog can sniff nada.
5. I still have my dried uziza and bitterleaf, I use to make soup.
Like I said it is all about the packaging. hope I could help.
bossladyMo:

Yeaaa...watched enough Border Security....wouldn't want to get slammed with a 220 fine.

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chygohzye: 1:14am On Feb 01, 2015
Just make sure the ugu is dried well, wrapped in newspaper and flattened before putting in a ziploc, and you are good to go.
ukchy:
Am not going with ugu.Am worried about my egusi,Ogbono and crayfish

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.