Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (754617 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 13, 2015
@all, i finally got my ielts result today. L(8.5) R(9.0) W(7) S(6.5) Overall Band Score 8.0. Big disappointment cos it is not useful for its intended purpose. I need all bands to be a minimum of 7.0. The good part is that i don't need it until about 6 months time so i'm currently weighing my options.

I think the poor Speaking score might be down to my relatively short prep time, under 3 weeks and i was busy with other things at the same time.

Now i have a better idea what Ferdimako was going thru all this while.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 11:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
chase123:
House please help,the university I graduated from sent my transcript to AITSL(Australia institutue of Teaching and school leadership)the assessing authority for secondary school teacher migrant in the consolidated sponsored skill occupational list of Australia.Actually AITSL required that the transcript should be sent by the applicant alongside other neccessary document,AITSL warned against sending one document then later sending other documents which will be considered as incomplete application,they required that all the neccessary documents for application should be certified and mailed together by the applicant.when I contacted my university and applied for a transcript requesting for my transcript to be given to me they told me it was against the school policy to give transcript to graduate student after some weeks of application for my transcript I have been told that my transcript has been mailed to AITSL by the university which AITSL will consider it to be an incomplete application because I have not sent other documents to them which I planned during if I had my transcript at hand so am confused now please people in the house I need your advice

How did your ielts goes.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by NNBB2012: 12:33am On Apr 14, 2015
ewagbamio:
@all, i finally got my ielts result today. L(8.5) R(9.0) W(7) S(6.5) Overall Band Score 8.0. Big disappointment cos it is not useful for its intended purpose. I need all bands to be a minimum of 7.0. The good part is that i don't need it until about 6 months time so i'm currently weighing my options.

I think the poor Speaking score might be down to my relatively short prep time, under 3 weeks and i was busy with other things at the same time.

You have a commendable result at first attempt despite short period of preparation. In fact, you got good band in the modules others consider very tough to pass. You need to practice both your speaking and writing well so as to achieve good band in them. As a matter of fact, they are the easiest modules to pass but you need to master the skills.
Take a look at some of the links below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpZa7bah4_c1-4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=bbSYgRpS0ZE

http://www.ielts-exam.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=12&id=25&Itemid=40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRzrbmfeFcQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrKR_VXcmgY&NR=1&feature=endscreen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTjOM3qtS_I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLWVFKdsW0c

http://www.goodluckielts.com/2-1-3-IELTS_reading_tips.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oknee: 1:14am On Apr 14, 2015
ewagbamio:

Why don't you apply for remarking of the speaking section since it is subjective?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 6:51am On Apr 14, 2015
ewagbamio:
oknee:

Why don't you apply for remarking of the speaking section since it is subjective?
Exactly my thought. That will definately raise that S6.5 to S7.0+
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Tyrexx: 8:03am On Apr 14, 2015
@ewagbamio, I wouldn't advise you to apply for a remark because it is a complete waste of time and money. Ielts have a reputation to protect and they wouldn't want to jeopardise it. I have experienced similar issue. I had L 7, R 7, W 6.5, S 7 in general test and L 7.5, R 7, W 6.5, S 9 in academic test, I applied for a remark for both results and the outcome was unchanged. I had to take the exam again then I had L 7.5, R 7, W 7, S 7. Ielts is an exam of luck. You need to work hard on your writing and speaking. Speaking is quite easy. Best of luck
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 8:57am On Apr 14, 2015
Have also seen some1 that apply for remark and the outcome was more positive than. Well like u said, its a game of luck
Tyrexx:
@ewagbamio, I wouldn't advise you to apply for a remark because it is a complete waste of time and money. Ielts have a reputation to protect and they wouldn't want to jeopardise it. I have experienced similar issue. I had L 7, R 7, W 6.5, S 7 in general test and L 7.5, R 7, W 6.5, S 9 in academic test, I applied for a remark for both results and the outcome was unchanged. I had to take the exam again then I had L 7.5, R 7, W 7, S 7. Ielts is an exam of luck. You need to work hard on your writing and speaking. Speaking is quite easy. Best of luck
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gabie002: 9:24am On Apr 14, 2015
MisterNRC:

@gabie002 Yes you would be contacted later on. but you can save yourself the expectant wait and get it.

@mrnilobrawn please is it true nigerians cannot use immiaccount online to apply for a visa. I have filled out my app and about to submit but someone mentioned nigerians can only use teleperformance?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 14, 2015
@all, thanks for your kind responses. I actually plan to apply for a remarking today but the problem is they gave no indication as to how long it takes to get a response after the remarking.

I hv made up my mind, I'll certainly apply for remarking. Will keep the house updated on the outcome

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 10:12am On Apr 14, 2015
ewagbamio:
@all, thanks for your kind responses. I actually plan to apply for a remarking today but the problem is they gave no indication as to how long it takes to get a response after the remarking.

I hv made up my mind, I'll certainly apply for remarking. Will keep the house updated on the outcome

Remarkin can take upto two months. U might wanna read this tho... http://ielts-simon.com/ielts-help-and-english-pr/2012/07/ielts-advice-asking-for-a-re-mark.html

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/111350-ielts-remark.html
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 10:14am On Apr 14, 2015
gabie002:

@mrnilobrawn please is it true nigerians cannot use immiaccount online to apply for a visa. I have filled out my app and about to submit but someone mentioned nigerians can only use teleperformance?
Depends on the class of visa u ar applying for.
Visit visa, tourist visa, and the likes can lodge online for Nigeria passport holders... Every info u need is on immi websit.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 14, 2015
Mrnilobrawn, this your links are really eye opening. They are also shaking my resolve but I will still apply for it. I have set my hand on the plow.......

Can one apply for remarking and apply to sit another test at the same time?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 11:46am On Apr 14, 2015
^^^ all the best.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by scrollmeout(m): 11:55am On Apr 14, 2015
ewagbamio:

This was exactly my score, except that my R and L were flipped. You really tried. i somehow feel they are doing this on purpose. I have decided to do PTE, these BC guys are just milking us Nigerians. I recommend u do the same
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gabie002: 12:23pm On Apr 14, 2015
can anyone please help me. I have submitted my application for subclass 476 skilled graduate visa using immiaccount. I have not attached my supporting documents yet. do I need to certify all the supporting documents before uploading?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 14, 2015
ewagbamio:
Mrnilobrawn, this your links are really eye opening. They are also shaking my resolve but I will still apply for it. I have set my hand on the plow.......

Yeah u can ask for a remark on ur Speaking if u know u did well and register for another at the same time. You may try PTE-A!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 14, 2015
ferdimako:

Yeah u can ask for a remake ..remark on ur Speaking if u know u did well and register for another at the same time. You may try PTE-A!

tongue
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 12:31pm On Apr 14, 2015
shinejackie:

tongue
Bad boy grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 14, 2015
chase123:
Not yet,just want to make enquires
You are putting the cart before the horse and it has cost u a transcript money and struggle. If u had read back, u would have seen where I was harping on how to get a transcript especially when ur Alma mater does not give by hand and ur assessing authority doesn't accept from ur school.

You need to improve on the language as a teacher, if u intend to teach in Oz and to pass the English test.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
surveyor1:

Bad boy grin

Ferdimako is my guy, we correct each other.. cool
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 14, 2015
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 14, 2015
ferdimako:

grin

How your side, l wish you success on your quest to OZ wink
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 14, 2015
shinejackie:

How your side, l wish you success on your quest to OZ wink
Thanks oh...I am in my village now even.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 14, 2015
ferdimako:

Thanks oh...I am in my village now even.

No worries, stay safe..... all the best smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oknee: 1:02pm On Apr 14, 2015
ewagbamio:

Remarking depends on how confident you are with what you wrote. Speaking and writing are both subjective so it can probably increase. Someone, I think in this forum, was very confident that his score in writing was low while other bands were from 8. He applied for remarking and the writing score increased from 7 to 8.
Yes, you can register for another exam while you await the outcome of the re evaluation.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 14, 2015
**modified**
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cheedyH: 8:51pm On Apr 14, 2015
bellong:

Both... Egypt air to Istanbul, Emirates from Istanbul to Australia
. Ok. What's up your temporary accommodation? Any headways? I haven't gotten any feedback from the people I sent messages online via the housing sites... Flatshares,gumtree etc.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 10:37pm On Apr 14, 2015
Finally got my ticket from IOM (@ #212,450) lagos -dubai-sydney. Also, hv selected my desired seats on each flights.

Compiling list of food stuffs even tho i cant cook grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by checkyink(m): 8:51am On Apr 15, 2015
Congrts my brother. I'm so happy for you.

mrnilobrawn:
Finally got my ticket from IOM, I hv also selected my desired seat on each flight. Compiling list of food stuffs even tho i cant cook grin grin grin

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 9:40am On Apr 15, 2015
cheedyH:
. Ok. What's up your temporary accommodation? Any headways? I haven't gotten any feedback from the people I sent messages online via the housing sites... Flatshares,gumtree etc.

Are you heading to Adelaide? When are you leaving?

Someone on here has a free space in the apartment he lives for $150/week including utilities. Temporary accommodation is solved. However, I do get response from some people I contacted on flatmates.

How did you word your email?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 10:49am On Apr 15, 2015
checkyink:
Congrts my brother. I'm so happy for you.

My biggest boss, thank you so much. How is your preparation for your PhD program going? The whole of Canada are anxiously awaiting your arrival..
I really appreciate you Sir.
And I really thank God too, God is forever God. it was'nt easy oo. With the Good ppl i meet on this NL Aussie and Canada Travel...you all ar God sents.

I wil sure lik to keep intouch wit u while we ar out there.

Prayers
Persistance
Perceverance

3Ps

.................is my advice to those still in the struggle.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 12:57pm On Apr 15, 2015
Hey fam,

Make he no be like say I no share my own testimony. I give glory to God almighty!!! Recently got my student grant letter grin grin ... Its been a long time coming.... Thanks to those who inspired me to pursue this dream. jennykadry haha... I love you ma'am coz you always had positive things to say about OZ which caught my interest cheesy This dream started since the first thread about Australia was opened in travel section over 4 years ago and Jenny was the only one who had the knowledge to answer questions then - if someone hugs you from behind in a grocery store in Perth then its me tongue tongue tongue Hope your hubby won't beat a brother up tongue

I appreciate everyone who personally takes their time to carry this thread along - God bless y'all. And my special nigga wahabcoal grin you're the man bro.

Best of luck to those waiting for a decision to be made. y'all shall also testify.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.