Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,878 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (754386 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 2:14pm On Apr 15, 2015
^^^ congratz. Lets go there!!!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cheedyH: 3:34pm On Apr 15, 2015
bellong:

Are you heading to Adelaide? When are you leaving?

Someone on here has a free space in the apartment he lives for $150/week including utilities. Temporary accommodation is solved. However, I do get response from some people I contacted on flatmates.

How did you word your email?
yes I will be heading to adelaide in few weeks time. I will PM u so we can discuss.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 4:27pm On Apr 15, 2015
mrnilobrawn:
^^^ congratz. Lets go there!!!
Washere!!! Thanx bro
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 4:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
cheedyH:
yes I will be heading to adelaide in few weeks time. I will PM u so we can discuss.

Replied.

@Symbian03,

Congratulations.... All the best in your endeavours.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 5:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
bellong:

Replied.

@Symbian03,

Congratulations.... All the best in your endeavours.

Thanks ma'am, I appreciate that.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 8:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
symbian03:

Thanks ma'am, I appreciate that.

Bellong is a Male.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 9:19pm On Apr 15, 2015
bellong:

Bellong is a Male.

Noted! Thanks sir.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by BKings: 11:47pm On Apr 15, 2015
symbian03:
Hey fam,

Make he no be like say I no share my own testimony. I give glory to God almighty!!! Recently got my student grant letter grin grin ... Its been a long time coming.... Thanks to those who inspired me to pursue this dream. jennykadry haha... I love you ma'am coz you always had positive things to say about OZ which caught my interest cheesy This dream started since the first thread about Australia was opened in travel section over 4 years ago and Jenny was the only one who had the knowledge to answer questions then - if someone hugs you from behind in a grocery store in Perth then its me tongue tongue tongue Hope your hubby won't beat a brother up tongue

I appreciate everyone who personally takes their time to carry this thread along - God bless y'all. And my special nigga wahabcoal grin you're the man bro.

Best of luck to those waiting for a decision to be made. y'all shall also testify.

Congrats brov. Wish you the best in your journey to Oz. I also tap into your anointinggrin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 3:39am On Apr 16, 2015
BKings:
Congrats brov. Wish you the best in your journey to Oz. I also tap into your anointinggrin

Thanks bro. In no time, you shall also testify cheesy
one love
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kolawolead(m): 6:21am On Apr 16, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,

I have come with gratitude to you all, especially @BossladyMo for your help and support on this forum for newbies.

I have received outcome of the assessment and it is positive.
The next stage is to make EOI which I intend to do by this weekend. Also my sister may be relying on the English language proficiency letter from university for her visa application - please what do you think about this?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Teeboy22(m): 6:48am On Apr 16, 2015
mrnilobrawn:
Finally got my ticket from IOM (@ #212,450) lagos -dubai-sydney. Also, hv selected my desired seats on each flights.

Compiling list of food stuffs even tho i cant cook grin grin grin

pls whats d full meaning of IOM or can u give me the website.....seemz their ticket is cheap..wanna check some fares there thanks,,
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 16, 2015
kolawolead:
Hello Nairalanders,

I have come with gratitude to you all, especially @BossladyMo for your help and support on this forum for newbies.

The next stage is to make EOI which I intend to do by this weekend. Also my sister may be relying on the English language proficiency letter from university for her visa application - please what do you think about this?

Thank you

Yay!

No, she has to do IELTS, if she is the main applicant. Do that Asap, so you can apply in this financial year...in case the rules change in July or the occupation gets removed.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by missakomaye(f): 9:00am On Apr 16, 2015
I think this is it. Except ofcourse he is using the IOM Nigeria office.

http://www.iomaustralia.org/projects_selfpayers.htm

Concessional airfare and baggage allowance

Concessional airfare and baggage allowance to the migrants coming to Australia

For new migrants settling to Australia or New Zealand, IOM offers discounted fares and concessional baggage allowance on some carriers operating from/to Australia covered under IOM global agreement.

Who is eligible?

IOM can assist the travel of the people coming to Australia and New Zealand under the following purposes:

Settlement of humanitarian visa holders
Settlement of family visa holders
Settlement of skilled migration visa holders
Students who have been granted student visa to take up study at accredited educational institutions in Australia or New Zealand
IOM CANNOT assist the people coming to Australia or New Zealand under following purposes:

People travelling to Australia as tourist
Travel of Working Holiday Visa or Work and Holiday Visa holders
Any other short-stay visa holders requiring return tickets to enter to New Zealand

How does the service work?

Due to the large number of travellers especially in peak season, sponsors in Australia are advised to contact IOM as soon as a visa has been granted or at least three months before the visa expires.

Step 1: Quote

Before you consider accessing to IOM services, Please contact IOMAustralia@iom.int so that IOM can provide you with the quote, carrier, and baggage allowance.
Step 2: Booking request

Once you agree with the quote, please email the below items to IOMAustralia@iom.int
Copy of the letter of approval from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship or Immigration New Zealand.
The completed Case Detail Sheet in Word Doc or PDF
Step 3: Booking

IOM will come back to you with the provisional booking. If there is no seat available on the day you specified on the form, you will be advised alternative options.
Step 4: Payment

Once the booking is accepted by you, IOM will send you the payment advice which also includes various payment options.
Step 5: Ticketing

Once the payment is confirmed, IOM will issue the tickets and email them to you.

Teeboy22:

pls whats d full meaning of IOM or can u give me the website.....seemz their ticket is cheap..wanna check some fares there thanks,,

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 16, 2015
kolawolead:
Hello Nairalanders,

Thank you
Congratulations! Was it ACS?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Teeboy22(m): 11:38am On Apr 16, 2015
missakomaye:

I think this is it. Except ofcourse he is using the IOM Nigeria office.

http://www.iomaustralia.org/projects_selfpayers.htm

Concessional airfare and baggage allowance

Concessional airfare and baggage allowance to the migrants coming to Australia

For new migrants settling to Australia or New Zealand, IOM offers discounted fares and concessional baggage allowance on some carriers operating from/to Australia covered under IOM global agreement.

Who is eligible?

IOM can assist the travel of the people coming to Australia and New Zealand under the following purposes:

Settlement of humanitarian visa holders
Settlement of family visa holders
Settlement of skilled migration visa holders
Students who have been granted student visa to take up study at accredited educational institutions in Australia or New Zealand
IOM CANNOT assist the people coming to Australia or New Zealand under following purposes:

People travelling to Australia as tourist
Travel of Working Holiday Visa or Work and Holiday Visa holders
Any other short-stay visa holders requiring return tickets to enter to New Zealand

How does the service work?

Due to the large number of travellers especially in peak season, sponsors in Australia are advised to contact IOM as soon as a visa has been granted or at least three months before the visa expires.

Step 1: Quote

Before you consider accessing to IOM services, Please contact IOMAustralia@iom.int so that IOM can provide you with the quote, carrier, and baggage allowance.
Step 2: Booking request

Once you agree with the quote, please email the below items to IOMAustralia@iom.int
Copy of the letter of approval from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship or Immigration New Zealand.
The completed Case Detail Sheet in Word Doc or PDF
Step 3: Booking

IOM will come back to you with the provisional booking. If there is no seat available on the day you specified on the form, you will be advised alternative options.
Step 4: Payment

Once the booking is accepted by you, IOM will send you the payment advice which also includes various payment options.
Step 5: Ticketing

Once the payment is confirmed, IOM will issue the tickets and email them to you.

woaw....thanks so much......i tot i can check airfares there to doha,qatar,,...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 11:57am On Apr 16, 2015
symbian03:
Hey fam,

Make he no be like say I no share my own testimony. I give glory to God almighty!!! Recently got my student grant letter grin grin ... Its been a long time coming.... Thanks to those who inspired me to pursue this dream. jennykadry haha... I love you ma'am coz you always had positive things to say about OZ which caught my interest cheesy This dream started since the first thread about Australia was opened in travel section over 4 years ago and Jenny was the only one who had the knowledge to answer questions then - if someone hugs you from behind in a grocery store in Perth then its me tongue tongue tongue Hope your hubby won't beat a brother up tongue

I appreciate everyone who personally takes their time to carry this thread along - God bless y'all. And my special nigga wahabcoal grin you're the man bro.

Best of luck to those waiting for a decision to be made. y'all shall also testify.

Its been long overdue, your time is now, no stopping you!... Congratulations bro.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 16, 2015
Phema , I have no access to that email add for now.

Same goes for anyone who has sent me a nail in recent times.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 16, 2015
cheedyH:
. Bellong how ur side? Have u moved? Which airline did u use / are u using? IOM is taking ages to reply my mail.

You can as well use IOM Australia, someone just got Lagos-Dubai-Adelaide with Emirates for US $1045.

Their website :http://www.iomaustralia.org/projects_selfpayers.htm
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cheedyH: 3:55pm On Apr 16, 2015
UBKtech:

You can as well use IOM Australia, someone just got Lagos-Dubai-Adelaide with Emirates for US $1045.

. Thanks a lot Ubtech. I will get in touch ASAP. Do you have any idea how long it took the person to get a reply from them.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by missakomaye(f): 4:05pm On Apr 16, 2015
Abeg make una help me see trouble o, I have been trying to call DIBP Lagos office since 8am this morning, its ringing and no one is picking up (01-4535190) According to their site i am suppose to book an appointment before coming to submit my visa application.
My question is Can i go there without booking the appointment? Will they attend to me anyway?
Does anyone have a different number to reach them if it is strictly by appointment.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kolawolead(m): 5:45pm On Apr 16, 2015
Thanks BossLadyMo,

I have read online that IELTS can be waived when the applicant and dependants (above the age of 16) possess equivalent of a bachelors degree.

This link http://www.workpermit.com/australia/ielts.htm
"To determine that you have sufficient English language ability to be able to participate in the Australian labour force, the Australian authorities require that you take the IELTS examination if you are not a native English speaker. You do not need to take the IELTS exam if you have gained a tertiary degree (equivalent to an Australian Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification) from a University where English is the medium of instruction."

And

This one for NZ which has a lot in common with Australia - http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/skilledmigrant/caniapply/english/

However, you may not have to take the IELTS test, if you can show us that you:
have a recognised qualification from a course taught entirely in English
have ongoing skilled employment in New Zealand, and have been in the job for at least the last 12 months
have other evidence that you are competent in English - we will consider the evidence that you provide.

I am keen to avoid relying on the IELTS because poor sister just had a baby and I feel it will help if she doesn't have to add more pressure of preparing for IELTS

Please give your opinion based on these information if it's a risk worth taking by relying on proficiency letter from university

bossladyMo:

Yay!

No, she has to do IELTS, if she is the main applicant. Do that Asap, so you can apply in this financial year...in case the rules change in July or the occupation gets removed.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kolawolead(m): 5:46pm On Apr 16, 2015
Thanks Ferdimako
It was VETASSESS

ferdimako:

Congratulations! Was it ACS?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
cheedyH:
. Thanks a lot Ubtech. I will get in touch ASAP. Do you have any idea how long it took the person to get a reply from them.
Took roughly about one week.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 9:50pm On Apr 16, 2015
kolawolead:
Thanks BossLadyMo,

I have read online that IELTS can be waived when the applicant and dependants (above the age of 16) possess equivalent of a bachelors degree.

This link http://www.workpermit.com/australia/ielts.htm
"To determine that you have sufficient English language ability to be able to participate in the Australian labour force, the Australian authorities require that you take the IELTS examination if you are not a native English speaker. You do not need to take the IELTS exam if you have gained a tertiary degree (equivalent to an Australian Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification) from a University where English is the medium of instruction."

And

This one for NZ which has a lot in common with Australia - http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/skilledmigrant/caniapply/english/

However, you may not have to take the IELTS test, if you can show us that you:
have a recognised qualification from a course taught entirely in English
have ongoing skilled employment in New Zealand, and have been in the job for at least the last 12 months
have other evidence that you are competent in English - we will consider the evidence that you provide.

I am keen to avoid relying on the IELTS because poor sister just had a baby and I feel it will help if she doesn't have to add more pressure of preparing for IELTS

Please give your opinion based on these information if it's a risk worth taking by relying on proficiency letter from university

How did she want to claim points for language proficiency, if she is not willing to write IELTS test?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 10:20pm On Apr 16, 2015
UBKtech:

Wow! that's a great deal. I'm still waiting for IOM to give response despite having submitted all the required docs. I haven't even been provided a quote and I'm worried coz I have less than 10 days. Those wakanow guys fit give person hypertension.

How long before your friend was able to successfully procure his/her ticket using IOM Australia?

Much thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 10:26pm On Apr 16, 2015
missakomaye:
Abeg make una help me see trouble o, I have been trying to call DIBP Lagos office since 8am this morning, its ringing and no one is picking up (01-4535190) According to their site i am suppose to book an appointment before coming to submit my visa application.
My question is Can i go there without booking the appointment? Will they attend to me anyway?
Does anyone have a different number to reach them if it is strictly by appointment.

Which DIBP office is that? Pretoria? Aren't you supposed to lodge visa application via Teleperformance? I suppose you're trying to lodge a study visa application?

Fatayi- Williams Clinic in 54/56, Bankole
Street near Behind Elephant House
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by youngpboy: 11:19pm On Apr 16, 2015
I need assistance on where I can do my medicals. Addresses please?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 2:37am On Apr 17, 2015
youngpboy:
Go to fatayi Williams in lagos Island.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 5:21am On Apr 17, 2015
youngpboy:

Fatayi- Williams Clinic in 54/56, Bankole
Street near Behind Elephant House
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 5:27am On Apr 17, 2015
UBKtech:

Took roughly about one week.

I think IOM Australia is faster. I contacted them just last night and already got a quote and instructions.
Much thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by BKings: 6:44am On Apr 17, 2015
Please I want to get an info from the skilled migration gurus in the house. For someone who studied Mechanical Engineering but now works in the telecoms industry as a field Engineer, can he nominate as Telecomunications Field Engineer, or will his course of study affect his assestment?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:03am On Apr 17, 2015
Good morning,guys please UC students or those of you going to uni canberra.please those of you defered your admission how long did it take the school to approve?

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.