Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,266 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan (9664 Views)

Fayose Arrests Road Safety Official For Traffic Offence / Tribunal Sacks Senator Gilbert Nnaji / When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by maigaskiya1: 10:45am On Aug 31, 2012
soma042: [size=8pt]Dr Jonathan said he would replace Nnaji with another competent Igbo man.[/

i dont think that sounds cool, we need to find someone the cap fit most, most not be from 1 tribe.
are u sure u atended sec sch at all
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by soma042(m): 10:48am On Aug 31, 2012
kaeto: i am sorry hypocrite, every geopolitical zone has a ministerial quota, educated now?

i call it crap.
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by deltaforce7(m): 10:48am On Aug 31, 2012
igeria’s foreign exchange reserves rose to a 2-year high of US$38.50 from $38.38 billion by August 27. It increased by 4.25 per cent month-on- month to N38 billion as at last Friday, and stood at $36.43 billion on July 27, as well as $33.47 billion a year ago. Available data from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) shows that the figures have not been as high as this since August 10, 2010, when they stood at $38.59 billion.

This was up from N36.39 billion one month earlier, due to strong oil prices, forex inflows from non-CBN sources to the official market, including banks and oil firms. The figure, which is the highest this year and follows monetary policy tightening measures introduced by the CBN, have continued to grow gradually since July 24, when the apex bank’s Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) reduced the Net Open Position (NOP).

NOP is the amount of foreign exchange banks can hold as a percentage of their shareholders’ funds. CBN reduced NOP to one per cent from three per cent and increased their cash reserve requirements to 12 per cent of total assets from eight per cent. The measure is said to have given the CBN a breather from pulling from its foreign reserves to defend the naira at the forex market.

The bank also barred banks that borrowed naira funds from its official window from using those funds to buy dollars at its bi-weekly auction in a bid to crack down on currency speculation. Analysts said the reserves gained as a result substantial dollar sales on the official market by banks seeking to comply with the CBN’s directive to reduce their net open position, NOP, from three to one per cent.

“The tightening of monetary policy has been very effective in terms of keeping the exchange rate fairly within the band, which damps the impact of imported inflation,” the CBN governor earlier said. The Executive Secretary of Financial Market Dealers Association, Mr. Wale Abe, had predicted that the reserves will increase on crude oil prices and WDAS funding.

Meanwhile, the naira strengthened against the U.S. dollar on the interbank market yesterday, supported by dollar sales by some local units of foreign banks selling to stay within their stipulated open position limits. HOW ABOUT THIS. MOD, TO MAKE A THREAD!
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by maigaskiya1: 10:48am On Aug 31, 2012
Ure a clasified bush man.kan u point any man frm ur hoples nd parasitic tribe dat hs any atom of integrity.goat
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by soma042(m): 10:52am On Aug 31, 2012
mai gaskiya: are u sure u atended sec sch at all

it suck to read a comments like urs on nl
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 31, 2012
ITbomb: Barth should make a recommendation.
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 31, 2012
[quote author=djmally][/quote]
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by aikorodo(m): 11:27am On Aug 31, 2012
i suggest president should reappoint prof. Barth as either a consultant or as presidential adviser on power cos Barth·s shoes are too big for proper replacement now.

1 Like

Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by Zenas212(m): 11:30am On Aug 31, 2012
This is highly commendable from an IGBO man. Am highly impressed with Prof Nnaji. Over the years, other tribes have always seen the igbos as people that are greedy and power drunk but this act of Nnaji should help in changing their mentality and orientation about the igbos. His action should also serve as a model for other political office holders. Gej and his team are moving forward, God bless Nigeria!
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by lumeneng22: 11:32am On Aug 31, 2012
Good a thing that the govt has finally realise that phcn is technical sector,which over the years has been polarised by unqualified family and friends.We need electrical engineers,technologist and technicians to handle core technical depts to make the sector work,and not lawyers or doctors as minister.

1 Like

Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by Ijebulogic(m): 11:33am On Aug 31, 2012
Zoning and "Federal Character" will keep holding us back in this country. As a Yoruba man, i was proud to have my Igbo brother run our Power sector. The man was competent and experienced and i respected the progress he made. But personally, if he was from Ghana i wouldnt have cared....as long as he puts an end to this generator and diesel lifestyle...who cares? Right now we have a vacuum in the most important Ministry...despite the fact that there may be a competent replacement from the North or South, Nigerian goverment will down all tools until we find someone from the East (even if he is mediocre). If you are in a car accident and rushed to the hospital, do you ask the Doctor that is about to save you which tribe and local government area he is from before you allow him to treat you? This generation must stop all this backward non-progressive thinking...one day!

3 Likes

Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 31, 2012
It's really pathetic that some people are bent on being bigots. Everything is viewed with ethnic colours and shades. This makes me fear that the average yoruba or hausa person i meet is already prejudiced against me because of my tribe.
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by Kulas: 11:41am On Aug 31, 2012
Though i felt bad,that he resigned,but the only good thing is that our Bros-(Enugu born)minister has proved to Nigerians that we are men of integrity,and not like corrupt Ministers from other side who will despite everything will still sit on that position pocketing billions into their bank account.Imagine and considering how lucrative MINISTER OF POWER is,yet brother Nnaji shun it one time to preserve his intergrity and ours.If other people can toe the smae line,tell me why Nigeria will not be a better place.I feel the pain of your resignation,but we are proud of you and your action.How i wish others will know that good name is better than money,then the word "Corruption" can no longer exist in Nigeria,s dictionary.Kudos bros!!." Umu Enugu ji gi eme onu".
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by Paentera(m): 11:45am On Aug 31, 2012
Ada Nri1: It's really pathetic that some people are bent on being bigots. Everything is viewed with ethnic colours and shades. This makes me fear that the average yoruba or hausa person i meet is already prejudiced against me because of my tribe.

Adanma, trust me, a lot of those you meet here are just e-tribalists and though I used to fear the same way you mentioned, I dare that most of those here would rant the same way with their Facebook profiles. In other words, they most have insecurities about their personas and no one can improve on that. My best advise to you - skip those sort of posts or read them and extract any sort of sense from them and move on. Avoid messing up your own thoughts because that's how someone online says it is for them. I meet many wonderful Nigerians who I don't regard them by their place of birth, town of origin or the language they speak. In other words Ada...live your live and worry not - it's not worth in, remember - Y.O.L.O. (you only live once), so enjoy it to the fullest.

1 Like

Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by ITbomb(m): 11:48am On Aug 31, 2012
aikorodo: i suggest president should reappoint prof. Barth as either a consultant or as presidential adviser on power cos Barth·s shoes are too big for proper replacement now.
Consultant is a good idea
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by schorlbone(m): 11:49am On Aug 31, 2012
Nwa Teacher: How does this affect d price of indomie
dis na ajebota Oo grin, e nor dey for inside garri league...
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by Dejohnbull: 11:50am On Aug 31, 2012
Yoruba & hausafulani breez don blow fowl psy don open. Oyaaaooo he is not guilty frm de horses mouth, now any good thing frm SE is bad 4 nigeria why' okeeeeeey" i see ENUGU ITNL AIRPORT overtaking lagos & Abuja in six month time.
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by Ijebulogic(m): 11:50am On Aug 31, 2012
Kulas: Though i felt bad,that he resigned,but the only good thing is that our Bros-(Enugu born)minister has proved to Nigerians that we are men of integrity,and not like corrupt Ministers from other side who will despite everything will still sit on that position pocketing billions into their bank account.Imagine and considering how lucrative MINISTER OF POWER is,yet brother Nnaji shun it one time to preserve his intergrity and ours.If other people can toe the smae line,tell me why Nigeria will not be a better place.I feel the pain of your resignation,but we are proud of you and your action.How i wish others will know that good name is better than money,then the word "Corruption" can no longer exist in Nigeria,s dictionary.Kudos bros!!." Umu Enugu ji gi eme onu".

My brother, dont draw tribal comparisons. Prof resigned because he was not a career politician like some of the other desperados in cabinet. He saw that Power Generation (which by the way, can be more lucrative than Oil) was more profitable than the Minister position. Prof has alternative means of income, so doesnt need the Minister portfolio and kudos to him. But when you mention "the other side" also remember that Bola Ige had also handed in his letter of resignation as Attorney General (No.3 man in the country), before he was assasinated. He had no interest in the corruption that was going on at the time. lets recognise men of integrity regardless of their tribe abeg.
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by Toktee(m): 11:52am On Aug 31, 2012
It is because of inconpetence or because he has interest in the privitasation,well what is maduekwe woman still doing there,ansa me johnadull
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by OneNaira6: 11:53am On Aug 31, 2012
PapaBrowne: Nigeria is changing. So a minister of a highly lucrative portfolio during a privatization exercise can resign for the sake of a transparent process!! Hmmm!!

The Nigeria I knew before, all the bids that would come in would belong to the minister, his friends and family and there will be no problem with that.

Respect to Nnaji. Respect to GEJ.

More than anything, this action sets a standard against corruption and I believe that if Nnaji, who by any count was an excellent performer would be let off for complicity, every other minister would have no choice but to hold their job with the utmost integrity or else. . . .

Exacto Mundo. A highly approved act from Nnaji. GEJ is working, people criticize him but so far his administration is working in some departments while in some, it's lacking.

1 Like

Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by 175(m): 11:57am On Aug 31, 2012
nkem Kalu: EWU GAMBIA

hahahahahahhaha. Which one come be ewu gambia? Wat about congo? Or Ethiopia!!! LWKMD:.....
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by 175(m): 12:00pm On Aug 31, 2012
schorlbone: dis na ajebota Oo grin, e nor dey for inside garri league...

Look very well ooo. D poster na Nwa Teacher. He meant to say garri and not Indomie. Make im papa kill am?
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by 175(m): 12:02pm On Aug 31, 2012
schorlbone: dis na ajebota Oo grin, e nor dey for inside garri league...
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by schorlbone(m): 12:03pm On Aug 31, 2012
175:

Look very well ooo. D poster na Nwa Teacher. He meant to say garri and not Indomie. Make im papa kill am?
lol, which one be 'nwa teacher again?'...
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 31, 2012
I don't really care where the power minister comes from.all I want is a steady power supply.I must commend prof.barth nnaji for the short time he spent as a minister and also for resigning honourably unlike some other ministers who think its their birth right to occupy the seat.
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by 175(m): 12:12pm On Aug 31, 2012
schorlbone: lol, which one be 'nwa teacher again?'...

Na d guy wey wan form say im no dey garri league na.
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by schorlbone(m): 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2012
grin so... U wan tell me talk say im na shampion for inside the league? Lol!

@topic, oga jona, no matter who u wanna put for dia enh, I just take God beg say, make sure say, d power just dey as e dey so... I dey enjoy wella like dis

And also no forget to create work for ghetto bvoys, cos e still get as e be for street mr president.

Welludon $ɪ̣̝̇я̩̥̊ grin
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 31, 2012
GEJ never made mistake in appointment of NNaji, He will not make mistake appointing Nnaji's successor. But I advise, Nnaji become a consultant and an adviser so that the next minister will hit the ground running from the date of swearing in. There is no going back on Privatization.
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by Amalaaba: 4:10pm On Aug 31, 2012
I am completely disturbed by the low level of integrity demanded of our office holders in Nigeria, with the way this man is being praised to high heavens. What the man has done is called "insider dealing" and "conflict of interest" which should landed him in jail in other countries. Let me explain.

Since 2000 that Obasanjo that Barth Nnaji has been engaged in one form or the other in government to shape the Power Industry in Nigeria (Leading to his appointment as Minister by GEJ) he has been saying that the way forward is privatization; but he is now selling and buying the companies that he claims are inefficient and bad.

As a decent Minister, if he was sincere, professional and patriotic as he wants us to believe, he should have resigned first and then use his companies to bid for the companies, so that the contest would be fair.
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by agent22: 4:41pm On Aug 31, 2012
Amalaaba: I am completely disturbed by the low level of integrity demanded of our office holders in Nigeria, with the way this man is being praised to high heavens. What the man has done is called "insider dealing" and "conflict of interest" which should landed him in jail in other countries. Let me explain.

Since 2000 that Obasanjo that Barth Nnaji has been engaged in one form or the other in government to shape the Power Industry in Nigeria (Leading to his appointment as Minister by GEJ) he has been saying that the way forward is privatization; but he is now selling and buying the companies that he claims are inefficient and bad.

As a decent Minister, if he was sincere, professional and patriotic as he wants us to believe, he should have resigned first and then use his companies to bid for the companies, so that the contest would be fair.
Nnaji has never held any. Govt post prior this appontment. Which public office has ever resign his position in this country before except Ngozi Okonjo Iwela, Dora n Nnaji

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide / Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker / INEC Will Soon Withdraw Certificate Of Return Issued To Omo-agege, Says Emerhor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.