Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,653 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan (9665 Views)

Fayose Arrests Road Safety Official For Traffic Offence / Tribunal Sacks Senator Gilbert Nnaji / When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by emexwana(m): 6:00pm On Aug 31, 2012
Nnaji should have been told to pull out of the Privatization process and concentrate on his minisiterial duties. he should have been given a second chance.his performances merited a second chance
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by bigmo1(m): 6:33pm On Aug 31, 2012
Reacting to the sack of the Minister, General
Secretary of the Senior Staff Association of
Electricity and Allied Companies, SSSAEAC,
Comrade Abiodun Ogunsegha, told Vanguard on
phone that the entire workers of the Power Holding
Company of Nigeria, PHCN, were extremely happy.
He said: “God has eventually answered our prayers
and made the government to listen to us. It is
obvious that the government has noted his several
misdeeds. We are all very happy. In fact, we thank
God for answering our prayers. We hope the
government will appoint a right person that will
carry all stakeholders along, especially the union to
give Nigeria a stable power supply”.
In his own reaction, General Secretary of the
National Union of Electricity Employees, NUEE,
Comrade Joe Ajaero said, though the reason
adduced for his resignation, was unclear, the union
had, for some time now, been calling for his
resignation based on strong allegation of
corruption.
According to him: ‘The reason for his resignation
was very unclear. We would have been happier if
the reasons were made known. However, we have
been calling on him to resign. We still stand on the
demand because of the strong evidence we have.
You are aware that in recent time, the issue of his
conflict of interest has been in the front burner'.
For those singing the 'Integrity' chorus, you are only fooling yourselves. I am not doubting Nnaji's competence and performance, but integrity? Please tell that to the birds. If he had stayed å few days more, there would have been another scandal on Jonathan's head, and that he cannot afford at the moment. ACN, El- Rufai and other critics are waiting. The guy just had to leave ASAP. Plus His company can go ahead with their bid and they might be the eventual winners. Please stop singing that integrity song.
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by samkoro: 7:14pm On Aug 31, 2012
Listen everyone.The summary is as simple as this; Geometric Power wants to bid,and so for the sake of transparency as canvassed by other bidders from U.S,europe,China etc Nnaji had two options

1)Stay as the Minister and your company;Geometric Power should not bid

2)Resign as Minister and then your company could bid

All because one cannot be a judge in his own case
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 7:52pm On Aug 31, 2012
nagoma:

I may be wrong but I strongly believe GEJ was advised by the Americans to advise Nnaji to step down so that transparency is ensured. No one else could have convinced Jona to accept this man's resignation. Except of course if they promised him ( Nnaji) half of the industry when it is privatized.

What the bloody hell that this to do with Americans?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On Aug 31, 2012
samkoro: Listen everyone.The summary is as simple as this; Geometric Power wants to bid,and so for the sake of transparency as canvassed by other bidders from U.S,europe,China etc Nnaji had two options

1)Stay as the Minister and your company;Geometric Power should not bid

2)Resign as Minister and then your company could bid

All because one cannot be a judge in his own case

In one of the mails, he claimed to have stepped down from the board of Geometric Power. So what is this all for? We are still not getting the whole story here.
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by juman(m): 8:05pm On Aug 31, 2012
It's obvious he committed offence.

Jonathan said Nnaji gave way because he had interests in the ongoing privatisation.

This was the offence he committed.
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by COOLDUN: 10:27pm On Aug 31, 2012
Kulas: Though i felt bad,that he resigned,but the only good thing is that our Bros-(Enugu born)minister has proved to Nigerians that we are men of integrity,and not like corrupt Ministers from other side who will despite everything will still sit on that position pocketing billions into their bank account.Imagine and considering how lucrative MINISTER OF POWER is,yet brother Nnaji shun it one time to preserve his intergrity and ours.If other people can toe the smae line,tell me why Nigeria will not be a better place.I feel the pain of your resignation,but we are proud of you and your action.How i wish others will know that good name is better than money,then the word "Corruption" can no longer exist in Nigeria,s dictionary.Kudos bros!!." Umu Enugu ji gi eme onu".

My dear I am an Igbo like you, I understand your happiness and pride towards the attitude of our Igbo brother Prof Barth Nnaji. He has done all the Igbo tribe proud by distinguishing himself as a man of prudence and integrity. His attitudes is worthy of emulation. But I disagree with you in only one point,that other ministers from other tribes are corrupt,that, they are not competent and honorable people like him. We have his type in every tribe in Nigeria, but only the problem is that they have not been given an avenue to exhibit their talents and dignity.You cannot be known without being tried, the polity of Nigeria is hijacked by the few greedy,heartless and incompetent elements which make the country look like a hapless dying old witch. Good people are more than the bad/evil people, only pray to be associating with the good people. God is perfect in all his creation so he will never make a mistake in creating more bad people than the good people. There are so many Barth Nnajis in every tribe in Nigeria.
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by bigmo1(m): 10:37pm On Aug 31, 2012
Now it seems sensible people who can read in between the lines are getting the true gist. All those tribalistic dudes should quit calling dog å monkey.
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by Nobody: 2:35am On Sep 01, 2012
ndu_chucks: Mr. President should save us the damage control crap. If Nnaji committed no offense and the lie that Nnaji resigned voluntarily is true, why did GEJ accept the resignation? Why did he not reject the resignation and stand by one of his most competent ministers?

Everyone knew that Nnaji owned Geometrics before he became the minister, no one expected him to abuse his position by sharing inside information with his own company - information which obviously propelled the company into becoming one of the final candidates for the acquisition of several government owned plants.

If Nnaji did nothing wrong in the eyes of Mr. President, then I'm afraid, Mr. President is part of the problem. NASS should do the right thing and investigate Nnaji and his company.

It is called unnecessary greed enabled by sheer stupidity.
once its frm ndu_chucks,then am nt surprised. So extending one's business empire is now greediness??
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by otokx(m): 8:08am On Sep 01, 2012
There is more to all of this
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by Amalaaba: 10:51am On Sep 01, 2012
centje: once its frm ndu_chucks,then am nt surprised. So extending one's business empire is now greediness??

Sir, He has shown extreme greed from time. For your information, Barth has been involved in all the Power reform committees right from Obasanjo days. He used his influence to start the Abuja/Aba Power plants, while serving in these numerous committees. PHCN officials have always accused him of fraud and i still question the sack of those Directors, earlier this year, who i understand actually challenged his double face attitude in policies.

To me, he is one of the greatest diaspora import by Nigeria to solve our power problems, but i strongly believe that by being a regulator and Industry player at the same time, he has lost the moral standpoint. Let us call a spade by its name. He behaved fraudulently, that was why he was fired. If he did that in America, where he studied, he would be on his way to JAIL now! Period.
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by bigmo1(m): 11:22am On Sep 01, 2012
Amalaaba:

Sir, He has shown extreme greed from time. For your information, Barth has been involved in all the Power reform committees right from Obasanjo days. He used his influence to start the Abuja/Aba Power plants, while serving in these numerous committees. PHCN officials have always accused him of fraud and i still question the sack of those Directors, earlier this year, who i understand actually challenged his double face attitude in policies.

To me, he is one of the greatest diaspora import by Nigeria to solve our power problems, but i strongly believe that by being a regulator and Industry player at the same time, he has lost the moral standpoint. Let us call a spade by its name. He behaved fraudulently, that was why he was fired. If he did that in America, where he studied, he would be on his way to JAIL now! Period.
GBAM! GBAM! GBAM!
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 01, 2012
[s][/s][color=#990000][/color]U sef re u sure u[/s] atended sec[s] sch.

mai gaskiya: are u sure u atended sec sch at all
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 01, 2012
Amalaaba:

i guess we have judiciary system in this country right?
You jst heard it frm the horses mouth...he committed no offence. He resigned frm his company.placed his shares on blind trust. Made it open that he hs interest in current privatization. When conflict arose he resigned in the best interest of the country and probably in his own interest too. He has bn doin well in the sector,his company is competent enough. A man making every effort to be transparent,but some elites are hell-bent on frustrating his effort. I dnt wnt to list names but alot of business oriented corrupt policies are made this country,favoring few individuals.
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by aribisala0(m): 11:42am On Sep 02, 2012
There is no need to glorify the purported "resignation" . The abruptness of it all suggests very strongly that if he did not resign he would have been sacked. As far as I am concerned he was sacked. WE WERE NOT GIVEN ANY REASONS and those reasons being brandished here are no more than GUESSWORK.
We might well say he resigned because he farted too loudly during an FEC meeting

What is not clear is why and the nature of discussion between him and his boss. It is clearly a position in which there were obvious conflict of interests between the job and his business and one which he would normally be expected to divest EVERY interest before assuming.
The man is not a saint neither has he shown any uncommon insight into the problem or what needs to be done; A technical problem requiring technical expertise that lies within the private sector and the political will to privatise. Nigerians have known this for EVER. The will to take action lies with the President not a minister and NO the position does NOT require the technical expertise of an Engineer especially NOT one who is a player in the industry simultaneously.
Nigerians deserve better better than this silent scurrying escape.Half-information won't do. There are a number of allegations against the former minister.Nigerians need answersThe conflict of interest issue is one for which responsibility lies with the President he ought to have known ab initio. A man is superintending the sale of a government asset in position to determine who buys it and for HOW MUCH and at same time is an INTERESTED BUYER anyway we are in the era of "I don't give a damn"
More disturbing is the allegation that he smuggled his kinsmen into employment through the back door.This is very serious and deserves investigating so that the man's name is cleared if innocent otherwise it will be a black mark forever. This is not an action of integrity and to try and sell Nnaji as such is disingenuous.Rather what we have is a Minister who escaped office under a cloud. A string of embarassing allegations that may even go all the way to his boss,who knows with Nigeria. His exit only raises more question and he certainly CANNOT be remembered for bringing regular electricity to Nigeria since that is NOT the case. Unfortunately if there is no enquiry into the allegations then the resignation is an own goal from the standpoint of reputation. Allegations which were clearly articulated by identifiable individuals and which are indeed libellous which he has chosen to ignore will have to be accepted as admitted by the public. Nigeria is a lot more sophisticated now and he cannot reemerge into public life at the national level without questions being asked.
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by aikorodo(m): 7:29pm On Nov 13, 2012
[quote author=aikorodo]i suggest president should reappoint prof. Barth as either a consultant or as presidential adviser on power cos Barth·s shoes are too big for proper replacement now. What do you think bro!
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by ifyalways(f): 10:06pm On Nov 13, 2012
Don't know the ex ministers crimes if any but one thing is for sure,power supply is sooooooooo epileptic nowadays. angry
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by aribisala0(m): 11:50am On Nov 14, 2012
We all had uninterrupted power when Saint Bart was in charge
Re: Nnaji Committed No Offence – Jonathan by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 14, 2012
nagoma:

I may be wrong but I strongly believe GEJ was advised by the Americans to advise Nnaji to step down so that transparency is ensured. No one else could have convinced Jona to accept this man's resignation. Except of course if they promised him ( Nnaji) half of the industry when it is privatized.
and these same Americans havent "advised" him to force more corrupt politicos to resign? How do you guys come up with all these theories?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Patience & Goodluck Jonathan On Her Graduation Day (Picture) / Governance Is Stagnant Because Buhari Is Working With His Enemies — Buba Galadim / Adam Onum, Idoma Man Confirmed As Benue Chief Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.