Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil (19917 Views)

Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH / Anambra 2013: Say No To Handing Over Anambra State To Fidelity Bank / Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by COOLDUN: 8:41pm On Sep 02, 2012
Scream: ****Was Ngige's regime not illegal? Someone that stole the people's mandate...why do they still refer to him as a former governor? His performance in a position he got into through the back door is no justification for such respect IMO.

As long as people like.AGUIYI IRONSI,YAKUBU GOWON,MURTALA MUHAMED,OBJ,BUHARI,IBB,E.SHONEKON,ABACHA,and ABDUL SALAM ABUBAKAR are addressed as ex presidents and heads of states of Nigeria,then Dr Chris Ngige is justified to be addressed as the ex governor. He was an ex governor by the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Take your sermon to Equatorial Guinea pls,or Mauritania.
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Dainfamous: 9:48pm On Sep 02, 2012
cdamsel: if oyibo neva dey d pix e neva complete,wld probably make d project look "local".wen ll we learn?arghhhhh
madam na oyibo company naaah??
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by avalontony(m): 11:40pm On Sep 02, 2012
dancing azonto!!!!!
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Diligence: 6:46am On Sep 03, 2012
Pls let's learn to be less cynical.. if anything; i applaud the predecessors and the successors - those who had the vision, got the seed, planted the seed, watered the seed untill this stage, but let's continue nurturing it. This is somewhat a model for leaders in nigeria to follow... irrespective of who gets the glory, a good vision should not be discarded for selfish interests!
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by dozies: 8:53am On Sep 03, 2012
Please this is a good move from south east. I will encourage able Governor Rochas Okorocha to align with this move. Oguta lake and environs have in abundance soo much oil and gas for this project. The drive for economic self reliance is the way to go. The northern governors should also strive to comercialize agriculture. Make every Local government to provide land for farming at comercial scale.
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by opoke(m): 10:44am On Sep 03, 2012
This red cap fits GEJ o!
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 03, 2012
conyema12:

Onwu-chuks,[/b][b] why cant you acknowledge a wonderful development... Does it matter if it is privately owned. The fact that the State is a major stake holder speaks volume. Plz try and be positive..dont always look for points to blindly criticise. Atuoro omara omara atuororo ofeke ofenye isi na ohia.. A word is enough for the wise

grin grin grin grin, dead man walking
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2012
opoke: This red cap fits GEJ o!

Azikiwe induced grin grin grin
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 03, 2012
Moderator , I like this kind of bad news take it to front page, grin
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Scream(m): 6:09pm On Sep 03, 2012
COOLDUN:

As long as people like.AGUIYI IRONSI,YAKUBU GOWON,MURTALA MUHAMED,OBJ,BUHARI,IBB,E.SHONEKON,ABACHA,and ABDUL SALAM ABUBAKAR are addressed as ex presidents and heads of states of Nigeria,then Dr Chris Ngige is justified to be addressed as the ex governor. He was an ex governor by the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Take your sermon to Equatorial Guinea pls,or Mauritania.

lipsrsealed
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by lastpage: 10:41pm On Sep 03, 2012
inufele22: What is the problem with you kobo kobo people? Dem find oyel at Anambra yet you keep abusing the Yorubas, can't you guys say or do anything without mentioning Yorubas? Abi na Yoruba man swear for una?
If you can't sleep na Yoruba, if you're hungry na Yoruba even if you eat too much and your belle dey rumble you Yoruba! Wetin now?
Abegi if you no want problem and una just want celebrate your new oyel (curse) jejely, make una no mention Yoruba for this thread.
Actually, having read a few responses here, l was like "Why are these guys so full of anger against the Yoruba race"? Are they still smarting from the "civil war", two generations after?
But then, its not just the Yoruba race, they have the same attitude towards the Northerners....and that brings us to the Question:

Who do the Igbos like, in this Nigeria? Just themselves only?
Well, they may be cozy-ing to the ND today (we still remember what they tried doing to them during their "attempted forced annexation" of the Mid-West and South-South, during the Biafran war.

Like they say, "What the Dog saw and is BARKING, is child's play compared to what the Sheep saw and is just WATCHING silently". Yorubas are generally not the "brash, mouthy types" by their inherent nature. very cool-headed race, calculating and decisive when they need to act.
Until the Igbos learn to be less aggressive and use more of "intellect" than "brawn", they will continue to play second-fiddle.

I am happy that Oil is discovered in Anambra state, l hope more is discovered in other states as well.
It can only mean more jobs, less fuel scarcity and hopefully, they can leverage on the mistakes other "ohyely" tribes have made earlier wink

As for the "WEST" (Yoruba land), discovery of oil in various states, is no longer news, it is stale news!
Anyone that thinks the Yorubas dont have more than enough resources (human and material) to progress rapidly, must be deluding him/herself!

Like one Igboman said earlier, "all they have is management level people", in other words, "Yorubas develop the mind".......but then, "every other thing is conceptualized in the mind"! Now you see who is wise?

That Yorubas occupy the largest management positions in the land, is no news either, we are not only educated but we are "highly intelligent, beyond the "common sense level" that is not even common. This is not a boast, as some of our other tribes have said same on this and many other thread.

@Policewoman: "you said the Igbos are here to stay in Lagos"...,

l will respond by saying they are all welcome but you must not forget that "Biafra is your dream" and you cant be in two places at the same time! Are you then confused?

You can call the Yorubas all the "bad names" you want simply because you have discovered one Oil Block grin, it still does not change reality.

Now, my "suggestion" to our Igbo brothers:

1.) Its good to be confident but you must draw the line where "Self-Confidence metamorphoses into blind arrogance and Pride". Pride usually goes before a big fall. I pray you dont fall again.

2.) Diplomacy is the to win a war, without firing a bullet: Igbos need to really learn this from grass-root! All too often, the Igbo man is spoiling for a "fight" based on some "innate, genetic aggressiveness"! This has made the Igbo man, an unwanted enemy, wherever they locate (and they wander afar!). You cannot always be aggressive towards your host and expect to be welcomed for long. Use tact, even when you can use "muscle" after all, there are more challenges in the future.In this regard, you have tons to learn from the Yoruba culture.

3.) Charity begins at home: I often wonder why an Igbo man will boats to high heavens, that he developed and owns "LAGOS" while his homeland is a relic of Erosion Gullies and abandoned "white elephant" castles! Is this not foolhardy? Did you learn any lesson from "history", especially the aftermath of the war? The Yorubas also migrate and there are many of them as Bankers in the "East" but hardly would you see them building mansions there, not even in Abuja!
well, maybe the Yorubas are actually not on the "same level" when it comes to "foresight", with our other brothers. I pray the day would never come when what l just wrote will be used a "reference". Mind you, the Yorubas are the most welcoming of all Nigerian tribes and your "progress' in all Yoruba land attests to that.

In another post, l will like to "explore the possible outcomes of the various scenarios" that may result, in response to issues raised by our Igbo brothers, on how "Lagos" will become "empty", "poor", "failed", e.t.c, if and when, the Igbos decide to "move out" of Lagos. I hope they dont but if they do......

Lastpage!
BTW: You would have observed that l did not "pass insult" nor use foul language in my post. It's not a co-incidence. Not everyone may respond except those that can reason above gutter-level.
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by asha80(m): 10:52pm On Sep 03, 2012
lastpage:
Actually, having read a few responses here, l was like "Why are these guys so full of anger against the Yoruba race"? Are they still smarting from the "civil war", two generations after?
But then, its not just the Yoruba race, they have the same attitude towards the Northerners....and that brings us to the Question:

Who do the Igbos like, in this Nigeria? Just themselves only?
Well, they may be cozy-ing to the ND today (we still remember what they tried doing to them during their "attempted forced annexation" of the Mid-West and South-South, during the Biafran war.

Like they say, "What the Dog saw and is BARKING, is child's play compared to what the Sheep saw and is just WATCHING silently". Yorubas are generally not the "brash, mouthy types" by their inherent nature. very cool-headed race, calculating and decisive when they need to act.
Until the Igbos learn to be less aggressive and use more of "intellect" than "brawn", they will continue to play second-fiddle.

I am happy that Oil is discovered in Anambra state, l hope more is discovered in other states as well.
It can only mean more jobs, less fuel scarcity and hopefully, they can leverage on the mistakes other "ohyely" tribes have made earlier wink

As for the "WEST" (Yoruba land), discovery of oil in various states, is no longer news, it is stale news!
Anyone that thinks the Yorubas dont have more than enough resources (human and material) to progress rapidly, must be deluding him/herself!

Like one Igboman said earlier, "all they have is management level people", in other words, "Yorubas develop the mind".......but then, "every other thing is conceptualized in the mind"! Now you see who is wise?

That Yorubas occupy the largest management positions in the land, is no news either, we are not only educated but we are "highly intelligent, beyond the "common sense level" that is not even common. This is not a boast, as some of our other tribes have said same on this and many other thread.

@Policewoman: "you said the Igbos are here to stay in Lagos"...,

l will respond by saying they are all welcome but you must not forget that "Biafra is your dream" and you cant be in two places at the same time! Are you then confused?

You can call the Yorubas all the "bad names" you want simply because you have discovered one Oil Block grin, it still does not change reality.

Now, my "suggestion" to our Igbo brothers:

1.) Its good to be confident but you must draw the line where "Self-Confidence metamorphoses into blind arrogance and Pride". Pride usually goes before a big fall. I pray you dont fall again.

2.) Diplomacy is the to win a war, without firing a bullet: Igbos need to really learn this from grass-root! All too often, the Igbo man is spoiling for a "fight" based on some "innate, genetic aggressiveness"! This has made the Igbo man, an unwanted enemy, wherever they locate (and they wander afar!). You cannot always be aggressive towards your host and expect to be welcomed for long. Use tact, even when you can use "muscle" after all, there are more challenges in the future.In this regard, you have tons to learn from the Yoruba culture.

3.) Charity begins at home: I often wonder why an Igbo man will boats to high heavens, that he developed and owns "LAGOS" while his homeland is a relic of Erosion Gullies and abandoned "white elephant" castles! Is this not foolhardy? Did you learn any lesson from "history", especially the aftermath of the war? The Yorubas also migrate and there are many of them as Bankers in the "East" but hardly would you see them building mansions there, not even in Abuja!
well, maybe the Yorubas are actually not on the "same level" when it comes to "foresight", with our other brothers. I pray the day would never come when what l just wrote will be used a "reference". Mind you, the Yorubas are the most welcoming of all Nigerian tribes and your "progress' in all Yoruba land attests to that.

In another post, l will like to "explore the possible outcomes of the various scenarios" that may result, in response to issues raised by our Igbo brothers, on how "Lagos" will become "empty", "poor", "failed", e.t.c, if and when, the Igbos decide to "move out" of Lagos. I hope they dont but if they do......

Lastpage!
BTW: You would have observed that l did not "pass insult" nor use foul language in my post. It's not a co-incidence. Not everyone may respond except those that can reason above gutter-level.

what you said above might be true but i do not see how the yorubas would get regional autonomy(which if you are honest to admit is what yorubas what) without some sort of battle against the feudal north as they are not going to give up on this structure easily.
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by lastpage: 12:07am On Sep 04, 2012
asha 80:

what you said above might be true but i do not see how the yorubas would get regional autonomy (which if you are honest to admit is what yorubas what) without some sort of battle against the feudal north as they are not going to give up on this structure easily.
I am not advocating regional autonomy in my post. I was "reacting" to those who say that once the Igbo leave Lagos, it is doomed.
having said that, l think in order of priority, the Yorubas:

1.) Yorubas will prefer "Confederacy" where each region is semi-autonomous in terms of "development, income and expenditure) ....and we contribute "a percentage" to the central government. We actually prefer this the most as we get the benefit of a big country (big market, big population, e.t.c) while maintaining our "ability and flexibility" to develop at our own pace and challenge ourselves. Best of both worlds!
It might even sound arrogant but l think the Yorubas "think" they are "a cut above the rest", within the Nigerian setting. The "Old Western region" was an example of what we think we can do, if Confederacy is selected.

2.) If the above is difficult to achieve (as we stand now), they Yorubas will advocate a "fair share" of what is on the table...which can be seen for our agitation for "Presidency Role", ....and l guess 2-terms on the go, is a starting point. Any objective observer will agree that Yorubas have a way of getting what they want without "warring" or "prostituting their rights".

3.) As a last resort, Yorubas will prefer "complete regional autonomy" but would not go to war to drive it home (under certain conditions). I have said it before that it is very difficult, if not completely impossible for "one major tribe" to decide to break-away, without the support of another major tribe.
And Yorubas are not suicidal by nature.

That is why l wonder when my Igbo brothers chant "Biafra" and yet "openly declare so much hatred for their Yoruba folks".....who seem their only possible ticket for self determination! Or do you think 'the North' would allow them now, when they did not allow them in 1967? Even, current events point otherwise.

Only a "simultaneous break-away" of TWO MAJOR TRIBES can succeed....since the third tribe cannot fight two wars on two front, moreover, access to "open sea" is a major advantage in war time as modern warfare is "Air and Sea", with the "Air-power" depending so much on a "Sea Platform". (that is one problem the Free Syrian Army has now, for getting weapons from outsiders; they are land-locked! wink )
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by asha80(m): 12:29am On Sep 04, 2012
lastpage:
I am not advocating regional autonomy in my post. I was "reacting" to those who say that once the Igbo leave Lagos, it is doomed.

1.) Yorubas will prefer "Confederacy" where each region is semi-autonomous in terms of "development, income and expenditure) ....and we contribute "a percentage" to the central government. We actually prefer this the most as we get the benefit of a big country (big market, big population, e.t.c) while maintaining our "ability and flexibility" to develop at our own pace and challenge ourselves. Best of both worlds!
It might even sound arrogant but l think the Yorubas "think" they are "a cut above the rest", within the Nigerian setting. The "Old Western region" was an example of what we think we can do, if Confederacy is selected.

2.) If the above is difficult to achieve (as we stand now), they Yorubas will advocate a "fair share" of what is on the table...which can be seen for our agitation for "Presidency Role", ....and l guess 2-terms on the go, is a starting point. Any objective observer will agree that Yorubas have a way of getting what they want without "warring" or "prostituting their rights".

3.) As a last resort, Yorubas will prefer "complete regional autonomy" but would not go to war to drive it home (under certain conditions). I have said it before that it is very difficult, if not completely impossible for "one major tribe" to decide to break-away, without the support of another major tribe.

That is why l wonder when my Igbo brothers chant "Biafra" and yet "openly declare so much hatred for their Yoruba folks".....who seem their only possible ticket for self determination! Or do you think 'the North' would allow them now, when they did not allow them in 1967? Even, current events point otherwise.

Only a "simultaneous break-away" of TWO MAJOR TRIBES can succeed....since the third tribe cannot fight two wars on two front, moreover, access to "open sea" is a major advantage in war time as modern warfare is "Air and Sea", with the "Air-power" depending so much on a "Sea Platform". (that is one problem the Free Syrian Army has now, for getting weapons from outsiders; they are land-locked! wink )

i doubt that the candidate for (no 2) that would win on any eventuality is the type of yoruba candidate that yorubas would like to vote for.history is there for all to see.

as for (no 1) forget it as the chance of each region getting that was lost sometime ago.

as for (no 3) the yorubas can only get that if only other southern groups especially south south agree to it which seems likely.yorubas cannot go it alone.
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by lastpage: 4:06pm On Sep 04, 2012
asha 80:

i doubt that the candidate for (no 2) that would win on any eventuality is the type of yoruba candidate that yorubas would like to vote for.history is there for all to see.
You are right. Yorubas dont vote like sheep or suffer from herd-mentality!
They are so critical in decision-making, they will only vote for you if they feel you're the right person at the right time. I guess the "history" you are referring to, is the OBJ (1999) colossal loss in Yoruba land? Then, he was a "northern Stooge" but trust the Yoruba race, we "turned it" against them eventually! grin grin wink

asha 80: as for (no 1) forget it as the chance of each region getting that was lost sometime ago.

as for (no 3) the yorubas can only get that if only other southern groups especially south south agree to it which seems likely.yorubas cannot go it alone.

And how do you think the Igbos can actualize "Biafra" if they cant court the support of the Yorubas in particular?

You think the Hausas have a good opinion of them, to allow them secede? shocked shocked

The only reason the Hausas would not massacre the Igbos once again, if they try to bail-out is if the Yorubas make it obvious they would back the Igbos (and bail-out themselves! grin ).

So, it becomes a question of "who needs it (secession) most"?
And from what we read everyday, its t he Igbos who are desperate to bail-out.

In conclusion, all these bigotry against someone you need most (Yorubas) is like shooting yourself in the face! wink wink
This is what l am trying to point out to all our "internet warriors", Igbo brothers.

Calm down and strategize or it will be another "regrettable" waste of lives, oil discovery not withstanding

Lastpage!
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by CyberG: 5:22pm On Sep 04, 2012
asha 80:

as for (no 1) forget it as the chance of each region getting that was lost sometime ago.

Please did someone steal this ID because I have been looking at it or what happened? Debate is very civil and enjoyable! grin grin
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by CyberG: 5:33pm On Sep 04, 2012
cantell:
You've dated more than 30 Igbo girls? Clap for yourself! The level of your stupidity is quite boring.
Do you think we care if one foolish Igbo girl was silly enough to spread her legs for you?
Let me make one thing clear, if you truly have an Igbo friend like you claim to, you'll never say anything bad about Igbos, online or anywhere.
Friends do not talk about their friends behind their backs.
Btw, if you've actually dated about 30 Igbo women(slept with, is the right word) it simply means you're reaching out either because you admire them(Igbos) or you hate them so much and the only way you think you can get back at them is by sleeping around with their women.
Pathetic and unsound way of dealing with pain/hate.
Also, judging from the way you sound in your posts, it's quite obvious you're still a kid, cos any guy who goes around talking about the women he slept with, is nothing but a kid.
if you're a day older than 30, then i must sadly say that all hope is lost.

Oh boy you are so little-minded in seeing it as spite that he was involved with 30 women who are ibo. In as much that he did not force them, what is your grouse? What if he married one of them and they are happy just like Emeka Anyaoku married a Yoruba woman (Princess Bunmi Anyaoku since 1962) and they do not give a hoot if your tribalistic nightmare denies you a chance of a happy family? Fact is only a minority of ibos behave like animals on NL and you are sure to have more sensible ones in real life and this is coming from my experience, someone who had been and lived in many parts of Nigeria. The problem is the brain washing of ibo little children by lies from hot headed older ibos whose life still exist in the Hobbesian state of humanity. If he own a company with an ibo friend and they get along and respect each other, it is better they would rather have a foreigner as co-owners? Just because ibos lost a wrong war, does not mean every one must be blinded forever. Otherwise, you will be no better than those who were brain washed then, fought and died and their leader ran only to collect the spoils of their labour, pitching his tents finally with common sense!

1 Like

Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Balkan(m): 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2012
lastpage:

Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Balkan(m): 6:13pm On Sep 04, 2012
[quote author=Balkan][/quote]I have been reading all the trash you Yorubas are writing, that fact still remains that no tribe is richer than the Ibos in Nigeria. Swallow it or die with it. Am proud of my tribe. This yorubas are funny and cowards. If you like be MD of all the oil companies that does not make a Yoruba tribe rich just the single MD of the oil company. This rhino of a boy is just a fool. You soon be a tenant in your Yoruba land. The Ibos are buying all your choice properties and send you guys to Ofada and Mowe

Lazy rat. You think with £20 your brother was given out to all Ibos after the will make us poor? You are a joker for the records go round the whole state in Nigeria, after the indigenes of that state, the next richest tribe in property and wealth is the Ibo man. There is nothing you can do about it boy. You people and the northerners have ruled the country country for how many years,
Still you guys are still poor.

shameless you. As far as I know, you guys are inferior tribe. You can only play your dirty tribalism we don't care. But take it from me, if you like sell your property for billions of Naira, we will buy and send it you back to your village hahaha
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by mamikky: 7:09pm On Sep 04, 2012
NLs, but this tread is not about ethnic sentimentalism........ Don't allow anyone to bring discord, we re all one belonging to the entity called Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adamawa Supplementary Elections Postponed Indefinitely - INEC / Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days / FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.