Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... (12113 Views)

Does Lust Lead To Love? / Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? / Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by slimyem: 8:58am On Sep 02, 2012
apocalypse:

No you got that all wrong , you can fall in love with somebody without lusting after the person. I have known girls who I have had no physical or sexual attraction towards and I eventually start to fall in love with them after knowing her personally
so you are saying you can fall in love before being attracted to your partner...?
Is that it?
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 02, 2012
Ok,leme ask u,can God become satan and can satan become God.lust and love are as opposite as darkness and light,saying lust can become love is like using spoilt peper and tomato,with spoilt onions without rinsing it,blending it and cooking it and addiang all d spices i.e salt,curry,thyme,maggi wit groundnut oil and expecting it to come out tasty.hope dat ansas ur question
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by ikekings(m): 9:06am On Sep 02, 2012
kulyie: Ok,leme ask u,can God become satan and can satan become God.lust and love are as opposite as darkness and light,saying lust can become love is like using spoilt peper and tomato,with spoilt onions without rinsing it,blending it and cooking it and addiang all d spices i.e salt,curry,thyme,maggi wit groundnut oil and expecting it to come out tasty.hope dat ansas ur question
No... It seems like you are in the kitchen right now? And how does curry,thyme,maggi nd co affect love nd lust??
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 02, 2012
How can I Love a woman that doesn't give me an erec.tion by just looking at her and all her endowments. It is dangerous to claim to love a person you don't lust after or you are not sexually attracted to. Don't try it oh.
What I would not advise is placing too much obsession and emphasis on it. Those hips,butt and boobs will loose their appeal someday. And what will be left is just the beauty of her personality.Learn to love that too.
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 02, 2012
Most relationships are actually an offshoot of lust, guy sees girl's bum, curves, eyes, lips, accent, boobs Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd vice versa. Its always about lust when it starts except where both parties are already friends.
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by Decryptor(m): 9:45am On Sep 02, 2012
preshuzpearl: Prince finds cinderalla's shoe.
Rapunzel wakes up after a hundred years
Beauty and beast live happily ever after.
All cos of love!

So who says love doesnt exist??
Are these things u mentioned not fairy tales? Where does beauty and the beast live? on ur street?? Love does not exist! It is only a useless fantasy conjured up by a vunerable emotionally-excited mind
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by olabiz2010: 9:47am On Sep 02, 2012
Being in love doesn't exclude lust. In fact, lust can lead to love. However, real love, not based on idealization or projection, requires time to get to know each other. Here are some signs to watch for to differentiate pure lust from love.

SIGNS OF LUST

You're totally focused on a person's looks and body.
You're interested in having sex, but not in having conversations.
You'd rather keep the relationship on a fantasy level, not discuss real feelings.
You want to leave soon after sex rather than cuddling or breakfast the next morning.
You are lovers, but not friends.

SIGNS OF LOVE

You want to spend quality time together other than sex.
You get lost in conversations and forget about the hours passing.
You want to honestly listen to each other's feelings, make each other happy.
He or she motivates you to be a better person.
You want to get to meet his or her family and friends.

You can't love someone without first lusting after his/her body

1 Like

Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 02, 2012
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 02, 2012
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by makizee(m): 10:00am On Sep 02, 2012
OffCuz....hate can even turn to love sometimes talkless of lust which is getting intimate with the subject...and i tell ya..Sex is powerful
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by tuasefemi(m): 10:09am On Sep 02, 2012
Capaccini:
you damn right gurl,its has happened to me although we broke up

Simply, you were unable to differentiate btw d 2......u were never in love....pele!
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by durox(m): 10:12am On Sep 02, 2012
Talking about my present gf, my reason of going after her wz cos i lusted after her, but today am in love with her. So my take on it is that it can wink
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by davlugz: 10:15am On Sep 02, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]men lust is a bad tin bt is now makin way 4 luv 2 step in cuz my gf was thru lust & we re stil 2geda
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by olabiz2010: 10:16am On Sep 02, 2012
tuasefemi:

Simply, you were unable to differentiate btw d 2......u were never in love....pele!
Are you saying true love never break up?
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by IZUKWU(m): 10:29am On Sep 02, 2012
olabiz2010:
Are you saying true love never break up?
good question ? What people fail to realise is that sometimes even love is not enough to sustain a r/ship. And if i may ask how long can lust sustain a r/ship and which time is it love and no longer lust. All my relationships has started from lust / physical attraction and depending on other parameters it can go on or not. For me its lovers first then we see if we could be friends

1 Like

Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by Mynd44: 10:30am On Sep 02, 2012
slimyem: so you are saying you can fall in love before being attracted to your partner...?
Is that it?
Yes. Nobody said lust does not lead to love but we are also saying that love can come without lust
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by Gabrielsylar(m): 11:24am On Sep 02, 2012
YESS Lust can lead to LOVEEEEEEEEEEE of punny..... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by otodeluxe(m): 11:33am On Sep 02, 2012
Is possible now that's how I fell in love with my ex. But come to think of it, such love don't last believe me.
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by flow1759: 11:55am On Sep 02, 2012
It does lead to love, Come to tink of it, y do dey still call it "love @ 1st sight" and not "lust @ 1st sight?
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 02, 2012
Never,
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by temmabella(f): 12:47pm On Sep 02, 2012
Lust can lead to love....its jst lik any oda tin can lead to love...d initial intentions might b wrung bt u wld b jst struck...u might jst lust afta ha or I'm for deir sexual power...bt wen u get to knw dem well and becom familar...u might jst find a frd in dem....a mate someone u wld want to spend d rest of ur life wit...someone u dnt wana lose...someone u wana love...jst lik datin someone out of pretence or smetin...u jst realise dat knwin dem u jst get stuck....
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by mamiel: 1:03pm On Sep 02, 2012
Friend, not until one gets a distinct picture of both concepts it might be hard to answer d question correctly. I think love is expressd by a willingness to sacrifice & lust is an expression of a strong selfish desire, that is love is d wilingnes to giv unconditionaly while lust is d desire to take while remaining unwilling to giv or share urs. So d there's no way lust can lead to lov cos both are on opposit side of d measurin yardstick. As regards to male-female relationship(which i think is d poster's case study),it wil rather b better to ask if a platonic likenes can lead to love and my answer wil b YES OF COURSE. Bt for lust, d guy jst want to hav sex wit d girl or d girl jst want his cash. Guess we're all learning; wld love to read d educative tots of others bout dis thread. Thanks
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 02, 2012
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by Loveaflame(m): 1:10pm On Sep 02, 2012
Lust itself can never lead to love except their is a change in one's mindset about the object in question which now redifines one's feelings or convictions as per the object When this happens your feelings changes from the one of immoral to the one of true moral feelings of affection and passion for the object.This has now transcends your initial assumption as a result of certain qualities you have come to like and appreciate about the person.
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by Cupidkc(m): 1:43pm On Sep 02, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: Yes it can. Anything can lead to love, even hatred.
I concur sis.
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by bloglover(m): 2:03pm On Sep 02, 2012
For me its a big YES
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by bonetalk(m): 3:00pm On Sep 02, 2012
osajojo: My dictionary says love and lust are the same tin
maybe u were reading it in a reverse order sad
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by makizee(m): 3:00pm On Sep 02, 2012
Loveaflame: Lust itself can never lead to love except their is a change in one's mindset about the object in question which now redifines one's feelings or convictions as per the object When this happens your feelings changes from the one of immoral to the one of true moral feelings of affection and passion for the object.This has now transcends your initial assumption as a result of certain qualities you have come to like and appreciate about the person.
it beats me how u can complicate a simple question like "can lust lead to love" into a jamb + complicated answer, u seem like the type one would ask, sir, do u know so so street around here, and you keep the person with you without really telling them if u know the place or not...

PS..all ur grammar, simply put could have been in one word "YES"...lust can lead to love

1 Like

Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by Nornnyluv(f): 3:26pm On Sep 02, 2012
No, it can't. Jst lust all d way.
Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by Arus235: 3:49pm On Sep 02, 2012
lust emanates 4rm wrong motives and so remain fake.in otherword,u cannot produce original(love) from fake(lust).

1 Like

Re: Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... by Richglamour: 4:03pm On Sep 02, 2012
lust can 't lead to love

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Wooing Challenge 2014 [ladies' Edition]. The D-day! / Betrayal Of A Friend. / A FRIEND Introduced Me To This Naughty Thing [Picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.