Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,643 members, 7,851,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:26 PM

Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) - Fashion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) (342326 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:54am On Apr 11, 2013
I don't know why that post cracked me up so much...but it did! grin grin grin
i even knocked off my head phones laughing grin

anyway..."unu" in patois means "ya'll/you all" much like "una" in Igbo..this is correct. smiley
We have inherited that word from our ancestors and mixed it with the other old dialects until they became a single one which we call "patois" which is an old french word for "incomprehensible dialect" grin. btw: Flytefalls is Half Jamo as well cool which is why speaks patois to me.

How have you been btw? it's been a loooong time madresita!! kiss
missed u!!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:03am On Apr 11, 2013
P.S.:

"Wey me say unu fe say a gaza me say"

just thought about it...that was beenie man's stuupid azz. tongue
irony is he was promoting the gaza movement and got dissed by them
after the song was released!!! grin #clown!

natural jamo beauties. cool

talks about hair growth and maintanence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSTbOFv1OYc
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:26am On Apr 11, 2013
"wearing weaves to grow out natural hair"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqN0oAWir4U

this video and the one above is for women who want to
grow out the chemicals from their hair but decide to
wear weaves too.

believe it or not but weaves can protect the hair.
you just can't neglect your hair just because you wear the weave.

myself i wear my natural hair 90 percent of the time and may throw in
a natural looking puff ball ponytail or braids. smiley

the idea is to refrain from PERMING your hair.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 11, 2013
another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpuUDhT1u9U

^^pix...
this also debunks the notion that women who
wear weave do not have hair and that they are all "permed heads" tongue
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:46am On Apr 11, 2013
Natural babe talking about wearing "natural" looking weave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUliVSeGUQ0

I don't want people who are transitioning
and using weave to feel left out. There are many ways to transition...
again the ultimate goal is to grow out all of the perm.

so this segment is for those who decide to go this route. smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Ivynwa(f): 6:56am On Apr 11, 2013
MsDarkSkin: I don't know why that post cracked me up so much...but it did! grin grin grin
i even knocked off my head phones laughing grin

anyway..."unu" in patois means "ya'll/you all" much like "una" in Igbo..this is correct.
[size=14pt]We have inherited that word from our ancestors [/size]and mixed it with the other old dialects until they became a single one which we call "patois" which is an old french word for "incomprehensible dialect" grin. btw: Flytefalls is Half Jamo as well cool which is why speaks patois to me.

How have you been btw? it's been a loooong time madresita!! kiss
missed u!!

[size=14pt]From your Ancestors[/size]?? Did you really say your ancestors? Amazing!! Darkie do you know that we are back to the discussion I, you and Jallowbah were having in my other thread about some things unu fe west indies inherited from Africa. grin I am thrilled to hear that my observation that I have been musing on for sometime is true after all and that the word "Unu" got passed down from your ancestors. I mean how can we Igbos be using "Unu" that means "y'all" and Jamos use "Unu" that means "y'all" without there being a connection. I am feeling like Christopher Columbus right now, yeah it looks like you and I just discovered that Jamos are from Nigeria. Yeah, yeah! I am excited, little wonder you Darkie is always rolling with us grin kiss and I kept telling you that you should come home to Nigeria and be married by one of my brothers. grin kiss

Unu is actually an Igbo word that was modified with an "a" and used as "Una" in Nigeria everyday broken English.
Darkie you and I should start writing a book quickly on the reltionship between Jamaicans and Africans, seriously when I have the time we may be looking into that for real.

Yeah, missed you too. How about our La Isla thread, still running?

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Ivynwa(f): 7:12am On Apr 11, 2013
MsDarkSkin: "wearing weaves to grow out natural hair"

this video and the one above is for women who want to
grow out the chemicals from their hair but decide to
wear weaves too.

believe it or not but weaves can protect the hair.
you just can't neglect your hair just because you wear the weave.

myself i wear my natural hair 90 percent of the time and may throw in
a natural looking puff ball ponytail or braids. smiley

the idea is to refrain from PERMING your hair.

That is what I am actually doing now, using weaves to grow out my natural hair. I don't want to cut my permed hair out until I have a good measure of the natural hair to work with.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 7:30am On Apr 11, 2013
Ivynwa:

[size=14pt]From your Ancestors[/size]?? Did you really say your ancestors? Amazing!! Darkie do you know that we are back to the discussion I, you and Jallowbah were having in my other thread about some things unu fe west indies inherited from Africa. grin I am thrilled to hear that my observation that I have been musing on for sometime is true after all and that the word "Unu" got passed down from your ancestors. I mean how can we Igbos be using "Unu" that means "y'all" and Jamos use "Unu" that means "y'all" without there being a connection. I am feeling like Christopher Columbus right now, yeah it looks like you and I just discovered that Jamos are from Nigeria. Yeah, yeah! I am excited, little wonder you Darkie is always rolling with us grin kiss and I kept telling you that you should come home to Nigeria and be married by one of my brothers. grin kiss

Unu is actually an Igbo word that was modified with an "a" and used as "Una" in Nigeria everyday broken English.
Darkie you and I should start writing a book quickly on the reltionship between Jamaicans and Africans, seriously when I have the time we may be looking into that for real.

Yeah, missed you too. How about our La Isla thread, still running?

LOL you are a trip!! grin grin
But yeah some of our ancestors came from Nigeria..not all though. We have ancestry all over the western shores of africa..heck even Madagascar believe it or not. tongue

But Igbos definitely have influenced our language for sure. We even still use an old Igbo banking system cool..we call it "padna (partner) draw" smiley its where you have a group of people and they all put a certain percentage in the "group" with one acting as the banker. Every draw week one person in the group will inherit the money and it continues until everyone gets a lump sum. and it goes on and on..you can even borrow from it. smiley

anyway, i had the thread closed down because i am about to take a hiatus from nl soon
(i can have it unlocked if you want)...and i didn't want it to get ruined by haters in my absense. tongue tongue but it'll be up and running when i come back. smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 11, 2013
Ivynwa:

That is what I am actually doing now, using weaves to grow out my natural hair. I don't want to cut my permed hair out until I have a good measure of the natural hair to work with.

i did that in 2009.
i had my hair in micros for about 4 months and then did a sew in for another 3 months and my hair not only grew really fast but it was thick and healthy.

i don't want a sew in but i am thinking about getting the braids. smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Ivynwa(f): 7:45am On Apr 11, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

LOL you are a trip!! grin grin
But yeah some of our ancestors came from Nigeria..not all though. We have ancestry all over the western shores of africa..heck even Madagascar believe it or not. tongue

But Igbos definitely have influenced our language for sure. We even still use an old Igbo banking system cool..we call it "padna (partner) draw" smiley its where you have a group of people and they all put a certain percentage in the "group" with one acting as the banker. Every draw week one person in the group will inherit the money and it continues until everyone gets a lump sum. and it goes on and on..you can even borrow from it. smiley

anyway, i had the thread closed down because i am about to take a hiatus from nl soon
(i can have it unlocked if you want)...and i didn't want it to get ruined by haters in my absense. tongue tongue but it'll be up and running when i come back. smiley

Good to hear all of that Darkie, good to hear. I just knew that the ancestors of all blacks in Jamaica and other West Indies are from nigeria and other African country. I never really heard it plainly said that some Jamos are surely from Nigeria. Oh dear, hugs to you all. Guess we mustn't talk much about the olden days trade that caused the drift across the ocean so that we don't get everybody emotional and teary.

So which country are you taking the hiatus off to? I heard you announce that somewhere in the forum and seeing you again made me think that you returned quickly already grin Now you are saying that you are still preparing for it. Okay-o-o. No let us miss you too much-o-o. grin
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 1:38pm On Apr 11, 2013
miss darkskin can you do the broadout tongue
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 11, 2013
lepasharon: miss darkskin can you do the broadout tongue

grin grin

yeah. i can actually. cool

@IVY,
I know...I was gone for like a week or so and got some emails from a few people asking me
to stay. I came back to get contact from Mrs.Chima...checked my "likes" and ended up posting again. tongue NL is addicting lol. I don't even have a fb, twitter or anything like that so imagine. tongue

I got some projects coming up though which will require 100 percent of my focus so, I will be be taking time off for a while. smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Ivynwa(f): 12:13am On Apr 12, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

grin grin

yeah. i can actually. cool

@IVY,
I know...I was gone for like a week or so and got some emails from a few people asking me
to stay. I came back to get contact from Mrs.Chima...checked my "likes" and ended up posting again. tongue NL is addicting lol. I don't even have a fb, twitter or anything like that so imagine. tongue

I got some projects coming up though which will require 100 percent of my focus so, I will be be taking time off for a while. smiley

Okay Babes, you stay cool
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:39am On Apr 12, 2013
lol. @ self quoting. grin

aiight babes. later.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 14, 2013
this thread has over 21,000 views lol!! wow..
better stop derailing it!! cool

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:52am On Apr 26, 2013
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:54am On Apr 26, 2013
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:56am On Apr 26, 2013
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:57am On Apr 26, 2013
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:58am On Apr 26, 2013
she's a beauty. smiley

i want my hair to do that..but it won't cooperate! angry
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:01am On Apr 26, 2013

cool cool

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:03am On Apr 26, 2013

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:08am On Apr 26, 2013
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:21am On Apr 26, 2013
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:26am On Apr 26, 2013
smiley smiley

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:27am On Apr 26, 2013
^^she is just too cute!!
that style fits her!! cool
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:29am On Apr 26, 2013
she has in weave BUT this style can be done with natural hair. smiley

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:44am On Apr 26, 2013
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:55am On Apr 26, 2013
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:11am On Apr 26, 2013
video features over 200 pictures of natural styles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OngeYXaslY

awesome video promoting the big chop and building confidence for first timers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NN6hO_yJ8I
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:20am On Apr 26, 2013
smiley smiley

oooh her highlights are baaad!! cool cool cool cool
(the babe in the purple)

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:25am On Apr 26, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (62) (Reply)

stylish kareena kapoor / Which Cream And Soap is Best Suited For A Fair Lady / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.