Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,473 members, 7,830,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) - Fashion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) (341289 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 2:44pm On May 13, 2013
makes me wanna cut my hair again cheesy

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 15, 2013
Love this style:

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Meddler(f): 9:39am On May 16, 2013
Yield: Love this style:

I love the hair. Its called a Havana twist done with Havana Hair. They also sell natural hair wigs and wefts. U can check them out at www.fingercomber.com
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:48am On May 21, 2013
SniperInADiaper: I think the 'hawks are cute, but with shorter hair. Im not a fan of the big mess on the top with longer hairs undecided

But thats just my opinion kiss

really?
I think they are cute either way. But I agree with you that women with longer hair should make theirs as neat as possible!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:53am On May 21, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Heyyyy! That's my leave-in!! Lmao. I loooooove it. One of the best products I own.

Kails, how far with your natural hair? Completely natural or still transitioning? I'm too lazy to read the whole thread sad[/size]

YESS!! My coworker recommended it to me and it's been on since then!! grin
I don't use their other products but their leave in conditioner is awesome!! I'd recommend it to anyone!!

LOL @ bold i don't blame you. Anyway, my roots are natural 100% Just the middle to the ends of my hair are still in the transition stages however not enough to prevent me from sporting natural styles like it did a few months back tongue It was such a frustrating time!!

kandiikane: Aha, I guess I will try it then.

I'm sure you'll like it!! cheesy
Please let us know how it goes!!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:02am On May 21, 2013
smiley

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:04am On May 21, 2013

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 11:47pm On May 21, 2013
Ive tried youtube/google and they arent helping me much right now so Im turning here..

I want to do small two strand twists on my daughters hair. Normally I do larger ones and they work fine. If I do something small then its a braid... My smaller twists never seem to work out right though.

This is how I do my twists:
Part the hair into sections..
Seperate the section into my two strands..
Twist both pieces clockwise
Then twist those pieces together in a counter-clockwise motion.

Ive attached a pic of the larger twists..

What am I doing wrong? sad sad

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 23, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Ive tried youtube/google and they arent helping me much right now so Im turning here..

I want to do small two strand twists on my daughters hair. Normally I do larger ones and they work fine. If I do something small then its a braid... My smaller twists never seem to work out right though.

This is how I do my twists:
Part the hair into sections..
Seperate the section into my two strands..
Twist both pieces clockwise
Then twist those pieces together in a counter-clockwise motion.

Ive attached a pic of the larger twists..

What am I doing wrong? sad sad

awe!! look @ her! cheesy cheesy she's so precious!
anyway, do you think it's difficult because of her hair texture?
that might be it sis. Most biracial children, i notice have thicker/fatter plats and twists which often times were supposed to be small but because their hair naturally "grows out"..it doesn't stay.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 24, 2013
I cut my hair a year ago (May 18, 2012) I don't why I was convinced that I should ever perm it because its beautiful. So for my daughter's sake I wanted to show her that naturally black is beautiful! Enjoy the journey I've been taking!
First is a pic of my gorgeous daughter and I before I cut my hair, when I realised that she should always look in the mirror and love what she sees! Then it was my hair after I first cut it. Also a pic of my mother and sister who are naturally gorgeous! I LOVE my sister's naturally thick and curly hair, whereas mine is thinner... And chronologically since then!

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 24, 2013
Me with my daughter last august. This is me now! I took this picture April 3rd, my hair has been in box braids since and it has grown about 1/2 inch since this picture

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 24, 2013
[size=13pt]Lovely! You and your daughter are beautiful. And your sister does have lovely hair. smiley[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:45am On May 25, 2013
*Kails*:

awe!! look @ her! cheesy cheesy she's so precious!
anyway, do you think it's difficult because of her hair texture?
that might be it sis. Most biracial children, i notice have thicker/fatter plats and twists which often times were supposed to be small but because their hair naturally "grows out"..it doesn't stay.

Thanks. I thought my issue was also a texture issue, but in fact her hair is more "black" than "white" This isnt the best picture because her hair was taken out of braids and stretched in the "before" but it shows her hair texture in different ways. She is between a 4a and 4b once her hair is dried from showering and conditioning but immediately after showering shes around a 3c. I LOC her hair often and keep products in it (shea butter, coconot oil) to keep it very soft. I know its not a product issue either.. Its just that Im not entirely sure what the proper way is to make the twists.. and the people on youtube go way too fast. wink

Ill have to get a picture of some smaller twists to show what Im talking about.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 11:32am On May 25, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Thanks. I thought my issue was also a texture issue, but in fact her hair is more "black" than "white" This isnt the best picture because her hair was taken out of braids and stretched in the "before" but it shows her hair texture in different ways. She is between a 4a and 4b once her hair is dried from showering and conditioning but immediately after showering shes around a 3c. I LOC her hair often and keep products in it (shea butter, coconot oil) to keep it very soft. I know its not a product issue either.. Its just that Im not entirely sure what the proper way is to make the twists.. and the people on youtube go way too fast. wink

I think because her curls are looser twists wont look the same. I have 4C in front and middle but 3c hair at the back and two strands twists dont hold out much at the back.

You could try other styles comb twists or rods or simply using smaller box braids and then after a couple of days leaving the hair out loosened not combed like in a twist out and see how it is.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:35am On May 28, 2013
smiley smiley

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:37am On May 28, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Lovely! You and your daughter are beautiful. And your sister does have lovely hair. smiley[/size]

I concur!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:42am On May 28, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

oh!! ok i see!
why don't you try applying some jam to stiffen up her hair.

and if that doesn't work then try taking her to a professional stylist and then watch/question what they do with each step.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by UyiIredia(m): 5:12am On May 28, 2013
*Kails*:
smiley smiley

Pretty lady. A bit more busty and she would have been off the chain !
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by vickyhall: 6:38am On May 28, 2013
The nature hair looks beautiful, I like the beauty of nature. grin
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by BlackKenichi(m): 12:54pm On May 28, 2013
Look at this.

Absolutely gorgeous!

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 1:14pm On May 28, 2013
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 28, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Pretty lady. A bit more busty and she would have been off the chain !

grin grin
oh lord!

focus on the hair bruv!!
the hair! grin grin

@topic:

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 28, 2013
Black Kenichi: Look at this.

Absolutely gorgeous!

I like!! cheesy cheesy

and i agree it's gorgeous.

@lepasharon! that's what i am talking about!!
i need some twists!!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by onila(f): 7:52am On May 29, 2013

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by onila(f): 7:53am On May 29, 2013

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by onila(f): 7:54am On May 29, 2013

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by onila(f): 7:58am On May 29, 2013

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by onila(f): 7:59am On May 29, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (62) (Reply)

stylish kareena kapoor / Which Cream And Soap is Best Suited For A Fair Lady / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.