Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) - Fashion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) (341274 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by onila(f): 8:01am On May 29, 2013

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by onila(f): 8:02am On May 29, 2013

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by onila(f): 8:03am On May 29, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 8:34am On May 29, 2013
Sysy come and finish the thread
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 8:36am On May 29, 2013
If only this was the reflect of the reality
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 29, 2013
^^ That last one was beautiful.

I re-did my daughters hair today.. I did it Monday with just 3 parts and then small twists in each pony but she didnt sleep with a cap plus the beads literally broke out of her hair. I re-did it today into a heart part.

And I think Im going to create a different thread for kids. I feel bad posting my kids here but I didnt see one for kids. wink

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Rify(f): 12:51am On May 30, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Heyyyy! That's my leave-in!! Lmao. I loooooove it. One of the best products I own.

Kails, how far with your natural hair? Completely natural or still transitioning? I'm too lazy to read the whole thread sad[/size]

I have been trying to get my hands on this cantu shea butter but no way. So sad... sad
I also want to incorporate multivatimin, Biotin tablets and I ve tried all the drugs stores I see around and no one even know what it is. #shame.
Pls can someone help me with where I can purchase mine in nigeria?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:30am On May 31, 2013
Onila those pictures are flyyyyyyy! shocked shocked shocked

@topic...anyone here using any of the dr. Miracles hair products? Omg. I purchased the 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner (feel it formula) last night. Used it and gave my scalp a thorough massage for like 3 minutes before rinsing it out.

I applied the cantu shea butter cream..wrapped it..covered it with a silk scarf.

Slept and my God! My hair texture was soo smoothe and so easy to manage. I am on cloud 9 right now...because i wore it in a bun all day (yeah i used some hair gel lol) and just brushed it down and its still soooooo soft, smoothe and easy to manipulate.

Bye bye treseme! Lol.
dr. Miracle it is! cool
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 05, 2013

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
SniperInADiaper: ^^ That last one was beautiful.

I re-did my daughters hair today.. I did it Monday with just 3 parts and then small twists in each pony but she didnt sleep with a cap plus the beads literally broke out of her hair. I re-did it today into a heart part.

And I think Im going to create a different thread for kids. I feel bad posting my kids here but I didnt see one for kids. wink

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1130261_Heart-Part-In-Hair_jpg19cb9c72b5d00a257bcbcfd8f05365d6[/img]

you got skillz!! cheesy cheesy

and don't feel bad about posting her pix.
she's adorable and you are only showing what you can do. wink
but if you ever feel the need to take them down, do so and let me know so i can unquote them. smiley smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jun 05, 2013
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
*Kails*:

you got skillz!! cheesy cheesy

and don't feel bad about posting her pix.
she's adorable and you are only showing what you can do. wink
but if you ever feel the need to take them down, do so and let me know so i can unquote them. smiley smiley

I dont mind them being on the internet.. In fact we are a very open family in that regards.. I just meant I didnt want to overtake your thread with children pics.. kiss
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Cherrianjohn(f): 4:05am On Jun 08, 2013
LoL These natural hair r so cool. wink wink

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Meddler(f): 7:08pm On Jun 08, 2013
Has anyone used VO5 conditioner as their main deep conditioner? I alwaus use it as a prepoo or as an add in to my concotions. But today I actuallly used it as my main moisturizing conditioner and my hair loves it!! Mixed it with shea butter, castor oil, coconut oil and honey and I can't believe the results. And I have been worried sick about finding a good moisturing conditioner when I had one all along.
An additional bonus my hair is coming along fine. My back her is at APL, wish the rest of my hair wud catch up fast. All in all I'm pretty pleased with my hair progress.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by PAPAAFRICA: 7:43am On Jun 09, 2013

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by PAPAAFRICA: 7:48am On Jun 09, 2013
[size=20pt]god i love this women teyonah[/size]

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by PAPAAFRICA: 7:58am On Jun 09, 2013

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by PAPAAFRICA: 8:02am On Jun 09, 2013

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by PAPAAFRICA: 8:09am On Jun 09, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by mysticgal(f): 2:51pm On Jun 10, 2013
Anytime i com to dis tread am gingered up but anytym i face my hair i get tired,i even want to cut the hair again,and please prescribe cheap good hair food.i need to have this long natural hair.i mean long to my waist and full hair gives me upper cut
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by honeric01(m): 3:02pm On Jun 10, 2013
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by pejuhazel(f): 9:44am On Jun 11, 2013
Please if anybody sees this,it is a cry for help.........
I can't for the life of me achieve a wonderful twist-out or flat twist and this makes me really sad, though I have always been challenged when it comes to styling my hair but I've been using this whole natural hair journey as a learning process, but I would love it if [b]ANYONE[/b]can provide pointers on how to get a rocking twists I will be eternally greatfull.
P.S. My hair isn't long and neither is it still at the TWA stage,it is at the awkward confusing stage.
Gracias all.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 11, 2013
That woman's edges look relaxed.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Meddler(f): 7:36pm On Jun 11, 2013
pejuhazel: Please if anybody sees this,it is a cry for help.........
I can't for the life of me achieve a wonderful twist-out or flat twist and this makes me really sad, though I have always been challenged when it comes to styling my hair but I've been using this whole natural hair journey as a learning process, but I would love it if [b]ANYONE[/b]can provide pointers on how to get a rocking twists I will be eternally greatfull.
P.S. My hair isn't long and neither is it still at the TWA stage,it is at the awkward confusing stage.
Gracias all.

I usually get good twistout from twisting my hair while damp. The key I also realized is having my hair well moisturized too and detangled. Doing twist on dry hair for a twistout has never yielded me good results. Speaking from my experience three things that has helped me are:

Twisting on damp hair
Twisting on detangled, moisturized hair
and making sure the twist are well dried.

P.S. the longer the twist stays the better twistout results.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by oldees4real: 8:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
Hi Fashion peeps,www.russulinc.gnbo.com.ng is a new website that has launched in town(Lagos) offering amazing discount in it's clearance sales on UK designer wears for less than N1,000.
Stock is fast moving off the site, so ladies, rush even as more and more pretty clothing items are being bought everyday.
Last i checked, the guys items had finished...Discount sales is closing as soon as they are thru with their clearance sales.

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 11, 2013
ogugua88: That woman's edges look relaxed.

It's gel. smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by pejuhazel(f): 3:28pm On Jun 12, 2013
Thanks a lot.
I have always twisted my hair when it is damp but i'll try your method today and hope it turns out fine. I noticed my twists have gotten worse since i started using the hello hydration conditioner cos it leaves my hair dry and funny, so i'll try my old conditioner then twist my hair thereafter. *Fingers crossed*
Meddler:

I usually get good twistout from twisting my hair while damp. The key I also realized is having my hair well moisturized too and detangled. Doing twist on dry hair for a twistout has never yielded me good results. Speaking from my experience three things that has helped me are:

Twisting on damp hair
Twisting on detangled, moisturized hair
and making sure the twist are well dried.

P.S. the longer the twist stays the better twistout results.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 12, 2013
Try some gorilla snot.
That stuff is fabulous for holding twists.

Also try LOCing before the twists. This gives us the best results.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Meddler(f): 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
pejuhazel: Thanks a lot.
I have always twisted my hair when it is damp but i'll try your method today and hope it turns out fine. I noticed my twists have gotten worse since i started using the hello hydration conditioner cos it leaves my hair dry and funny, so i'll try my old conditioner then twist my hair thereafter. *Fingers crossed*

Hope it works for u. gud luck
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by pejuhazel(f): 9:44am On Jun 13, 2013
What's a gorilla snot?
SniperInADiaper: Try some gorilla snot.
That stuff is fabulous for holding twists.

Also try LOCing before the twists. This gives us the best results.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 13, 2013
pejuhazel: What's a gorilla snot?

Its a gel.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by pejuhazel(f): 5:16pm On Jun 13, 2013
oh ok, thank you.
SniperInADiaper:

Its a gel.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (62) (Reply)

stylish kareena kapoor / Which Cream And Soap is Best Suited For A Fair Lady / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.