Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) - Fashion (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) (341295 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by MrsChima(f): 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2013
SniperInADiaper: I use lots of conditioner... (not even leave in specific) .. and finger comb for my girl.. Its the only way I can do it.. I also have a very sturdy "detangling" comb but I cant get it thru until Ive fingered combed most of the tangles out.. Also.. I have a tangle teaser brush.. I was very skeptical about it for her hair because of the type but it claimed to work on all hair types.. After I tried it I found I prefer it for her hair rather than my white girl hair undecided

White people's hair rocks! grin
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 28, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

White people's hair rocks! grin

Sure. It has some advantages but so does ethnic hair. We just always want what we dont have. My hair is coarse, thick and wavy. Id prefer if it was thinner and had less awkward waves. Its like in the middle of a wave and curl in some parts. Looks dumb but Im embracing it. I certainly can't rock some of the great ethnic styles that black girls can wear. White folks just look dumb. But any style looks great with ethnic hair.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by MrsChima(f): 10:27pm On Jul 28, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Sure. It has some advantages but so does ethnic hair. We just always want what we dont have. My hair is coarse, thick and wavy. Id prefer if it was thinner and had less awkward waves. Its like in the middle of a wave and curl in some parts. Looks dumb but Im embracing it. I certainly can't rock some of the great ethnic styles that black girls can wear. White folks just look dumb. But any style looks great with ethnic hair.

Sure....but it still rocks. wink
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Meddler(f): 8:45am On Jul 29, 2013
caribchic:

She so cute.. I never use combs, i put some conditioner and finger detangle my hair, minimise split ends and breakage.

I tried finger combing once and it takes so my much time. I'm not the patient type but I'm experiencing so much breakage and I need to try it out again.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 29, 2013
I only finger detangle once a week usually on a weekend..I have a lot of hair but detangling takes me about 20 Minutes. I think part of the reason is cuz i usually cowash my hair every other morning so my hair is always conditioned.
Try keeping ur hair as moisturized as possible and do more protective styling To minimise breakage.

Meddler:

I tried finger combing once and it takes so my much time. I'm not the patient type but I'm experiencing so much breakage and I need to try it out again.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by BlackKenichi(m): 7:21pm On Jul 31, 2013

One of my favourite pics! shocked kiss shocked kiss shocked kiss

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 31, 2013
They all look so beautiful with their natural hair Like that. Chic on the left..total hair twin! cheesy
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 7:38pm On Jul 31, 2013
Black Kenichi:
One of my favourite pics!

but its a weave tho ..right? undecided
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by BlackKenichi(m): 7:50pm On Jul 31, 2013
lepasharon:

but its a weave tho ..right? undecided
I bloody well hope not! angry angry angry
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2013
Black Kenichi:
I bloody well hope not! angry angry angry

It could be tho...but tis still much better than those ridiculous lace front thingys, I hate to see those.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by BlackKenichi(m): 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2013
caribchic:

It could be tho...but tis still much better than those ridiculous lace front thingys, I hate to see those.
True but I defo prefer the real thing!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 31, 2013
I feel ya ...real natural hair is best, nothing beats that.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Aghagba(f): 9:09pm On Aug 01, 2013
So if i wanna go natural must i cut ma relaxed hair?Nd d problem about ma relaxed hair is dat it bcoms due afta 2mnths.nw its due again,bt i want 2 go natural
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 01, 2013
You dont have to. Ive seen some just leaving it in protective styles until it grows long enough to chop the ends.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:54am On Aug 02, 2013
Aghagba: So if i wanna go natural must i cut ma relaxed hair?Nd d problem about ma relaxed hair is dat it bcoms due afta 2mnths.nw its due again,bt i want 2 go natural

It is a myth that u have to relax ur hair every two months, thats what the stylist say in order to ensure they keep a steady clientele. In fact the less exposure to chemicals is better for the hair.
My hair was relaxed and i wanted to go natural..so i just stopped relaxing it. I gradually cut off the relaxed parts as the natural hair grew in so my hair was never short during the process, i did this for two years until i just cut off the remaining relaxed ends. Ive been 3 years relaxer free and have no plans to go back to it.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Bootybuttchic(f): 12:18pm On Aug 02, 2013
Gone tru d whoolee 25pages......I like dem all....how can one with relaxed hair go bak 2 naturals. ...
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 02, 2013
Going natural was the best thing I ever did. Here's my hair story:

I'm 17, I've been growing out my hair since i was 7. Three years later, I had it relaxed. I loved having shiny, long black hair but it wasn't worth all the pain. I started following a natural hair blog since early last year and it made me realize that natural hair is beautiful, because in Nigeria, it's almost like it's only 'church people' that have natural hair. When I came to Canada in January, my hair started to misbehave, it broke all the time.

And then around 5:00am, July 27, I had just stepped out of the shower after trying to detangle my hair (I'd been transitioning since). It didn't work so I just thought, "You know what? I'm done with this nonsense" and I chopped all the stringy, damaged relaxed ends off.

My new hair is soooo healthy; I have a couple of straight hairs (natural hair that grows straight) and they are so long. I think my hair shrinks to about 70% if not more of it's normal length.

Anyway, if there's anyone considering the BC, it's definitely worth it!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by bukatyne(f): 12:43pm On Aug 02, 2013
Thanks for this thread,

It has helped me learn to care for my hair better wink cheesy
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 02, 2013
Booty butt chic: Gone tru d whoolee 25pages......I like dem all....how can one with relaxed hair go bak 2 naturals. ...
TRANSITIONING.. jux stop relaxing ur hair n start braiding, twist out n weaves with time ur new growth wil sprout n ur relax end might be breakn off or wen u get a huge lenght frm ur new growth den u can bigchopped(BC). but u need a regimen to keep ur natural hair healthy, u can checkout natural hair bloggs n start ur hair journey frm dere! whoops hate epistle.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 5:17am On Aug 03, 2013

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:19am On Aug 03, 2013
^^^ How heavy is that?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:21am On Aug 03, 2013
wow beautiful senegalese twist..i'm having them done in a couple of weeks, i need to give my hair a break.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Bootybuttchic(f): 10:42am On Aug 03, 2013
cocospice:
TRANSITIONING.. jux stop relaxing ur hair n start braiding, twist out n weaves with time ur new growth wil sprout n ur relax end might be breakn off or wen u get a huge lenght frm ur new growth den u can bigchopped(BC). but u need a regimen to keep ur natural hair healthy, u can checkout natural hair bloggs n start ur hair journey frm dere! whoops hate epistle.
thank uuu...got da!!! smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 03, 2013
Hi sweety,
Loved your post. I live in Canada too, do you need to realize that to grow your hair here. You'll need to protect it. The weather is harshest in winter. Shea butter vitamin E, a good moisturizer like water mixed with olive oil then braid it up. Twist it just keep it from the elements. The cold air and snow kills everyone's hair black/white no discrimination. Do a protein conditioner every 2 weeks. Summer depending where you are can be humid, so keep the scalp clean and free of dirt. That should help in the weather category!

Cori_corde: Going natural was the best thing I ever did. Here's my hair story:

I'm 17, I've been growing out my hair since i was 7. Three years later, I had it relaxed. I loved having shiny, long black hair but it wasn't worth all the pain. I started following a natural hair blog since early last year and it made me realize that natural hair is beautiful, because in Nigeria, it's almost like it's only 'church people' that have natural hair. When I came to Canada in January, my hair started to misbehave, it broke all the time.

And then around 5:00am, July 27, I had just stepped out of the shower after trying to detangle my hair (I'd been transitioning since). It didn't work so I just thought, "You know what? I'm done with this nonsense" and I chopped all the stringy, damaged relaxed ends off.

My new hair is soooo healthy; I have a couple of straight hairs (natural hair that grows straight) and they are so long. I think my hair shrinks to about 70% if not more of it's normal length.

Anyway, if there's anyone considering the BC, it's definitely worth it!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 03, 2013
Black Kenichi: Awesome hair!
This's one of the things I love about natural hair kiss and why I will never relax my hair: Natural hair's always thicker and voluminous than relaxed hair! Just look at the flat, relaxed hair on the top left with no life, compared with the rest of the pictures. What a difference!

6 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 5:30pm On Aug 03, 2013
SniperInADiaper: ^^^ How heavy is that?

quite heavy i'd imagine
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 5:43pm On Aug 03, 2013
The moment when you can put your hair in a ponytail again....*tears of joy *

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by LoveAmaka88(f): 1:17pm On Aug 08, 2013
Someone may have posted this, but it made me smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcHC4oxWVtg

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Rify(f): 4:53pm On Aug 09, 2013
Aghagba: So if i wanna go natural must i cut ma relaxed hair?Nd d problem about ma relaxed hair is dat it bcoms due afta 2mnths.nw its due again,bt i want 2 go natural

my hair was like that too or even worse. after abt 2wks it looks due. no you must not cut off all of your hair. you can transition I.e growing out your new hair while managing the relaxed part and cut off when you are entirely up to it. That's what am doing currently and I will be one year post relaxer in September. it may not be so easy but I didn't want to start from a clean shave.
I have a blog where I chronicle my journey anyway, it helps me to stay sane when am close to splashing chemicals to the root again. oh yes I feel like that sometimes.
www.naturalrify.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 7:45pm On Aug 15, 2013
Exciting..

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Meddler(f): 8:29pm On Aug 15, 2013
wow!now that's cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (62) (Reply)

stylish kareena kapoor / Which Cream And Soap is Best Suited For A Fair Lady / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.