Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,924 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) - Fashion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) (340554 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Ivynwa(f): 7:28am On Jun 22, 2013
Natural and lovely----

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 22, 2013
ogugua88:

It is. Most of my hair is still relaxed but it takes me hours to detangle because of the few inches of natural hair I have. My arms are vexing for me. That's not even mentioning knotting, dryness, matting, etc. Tightly coiled or curled hair is delicate and takes work.

Ogugua, are you transitioning?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2013
Yield: Ogugua, are you transitioning?

I don't know lol. It's been 6 months since my last relaxer. I saw pictures of my relaxed hair and started reminiscing, but then I see this thread.....
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 22, 2013
ogugua88:

I don't know lol. It's been 6 months since my last relaxer. I saw pictures of my relaxed hair and started reminiscing, but then I see this thread.....

LOL. IMO, once you have a little bit of growth, it's better to cut off the relaxed ends and start enjoying your natural hair. The best time to experiment and see which products will work for you is when you've a twa. But if you're not sure, take your time to decide what's best for you.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 22, 2013
ogugua88:

Natural! Natural! It would look great on you
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:55am On Jun 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:55am On Jun 23, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Natural! Natural! It would look great on you

I think so too. smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:00am On Jun 23, 2013
Black Kenichi: Here's a tongue and cheek video wink :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFVFK2RojO4

lol. cute grin
I love the satirical message of the video.

and I also like how they used the guala guala riddim for
vid too. tongue cheesy wink

thanks for posting this black

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Rify(f): 10:20am On Jun 24, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Ha cutevid

Lol. Nice one. Just shared it
www.naturalrify.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Meddler(f): 10:53am On Jun 24, 2013
Ivynwa:

Meddler has come again-o with all the concoctions she mixes up for her hair. Why don't you even start an organic/botanic kind of hair food line?
I am sure that you will make a headway.
I have used a V05 product but that was their shampoo, their product is of good quality.

Darkie! Meddler!
Happy to let you know that I have gone Uber natural on my hair. I am excited about it actually. Barbed off my long relaxed hair leaving behind only my natural hair. I tried to twist it and lock it but when I went under the shower it untwisted so I am going to use something like the kinky natural to plait it and start locking it with it.
Woop! Woop! Excited.

I love my natural hair and when I see weaves/weavons now I look at it like " I don't need those shiny stuffs, thank you".
Natural hair rocks big time! Exotic and soulful!
There is this Nigerian actress rocking natural hair powerfully nowadays, what's her name? (Nse Etim). I only want those soulful natural look right now.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha. U had me cracking up with ur post. I consider myself a mixologist cheaper than buying some home treatment product when I have the products i need in my kitchen. Who knows one day I might just prepare cake batter and mistakenly put in in my hair hahahahahahahahahahaha grin
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 24, 2013
Ivynwa:

Meddler has come again-o with all the concoctions she mixes up for her hair. Why don't you even start an organic/botanic kind of hair food line?
I am sure that you will make a headway.
I have used a V05 product but that was their shampoo, their product is of good quality.

Darkie! Meddler!
Happy to let you know that I have gone Uber natural on my hair. I am excited about it actually. Barbed off my long relaxed hair leaving behind only my natural hair. I tried to twist it and lock it but when I went under the shower it untwisted so I am going to use something like the kinky natural to plait it and start locking it with it.
Woop! Woop! Excited.

I love my natural hair and when I see weaves/weavons now I look at it like " I don't need those shiny stuffs, thank you".
Natural hair rocks big time! Exotic and soulful!
There is this Nigerian actress rocking natural hair powerfully nowadays, what's her name? (Nse Etim). I only want those soulful natural look right now.

Oh so you did the big chop? Awesome.
I am glad youre on board the natural movement train lol. cool

Personally i did not do the big chop i only clip the ends every so often but the majority of my hair is in its natural state.

I dont ever plan to wear wigs or tracks..som im with you on that but right now i have in nubian style twists in my hair with extensions since its a protective style smiley.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by JallowBah(f): 5:47pm On Jun 24, 2013
My latest.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 5:57pm On Jun 24, 2013
@jallow. If I didn't know you were caucasian, I did think your baby was a full peul straight away. From the side alone you can tell.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Ivynwa(f): 10:27pm On Jun 24, 2013
Meddler:
Hahahahahahahahahahaha. U had me cracking up with ur post. I consider myself a mixologist cheaper than buying some home treatment product when I have the products i need in my kitchen. Who knows one day I might just prepare cake batter and mistakenly put in in my hair hahahahahahahahahahaha grin

Hahaha
I wish my natural hair is already as long as yours and I can have fun with it.

*Kails*:

Oh so you did the big chop? Awesome.
I am glad youre on board the natural movement train lol. cool

Personally i did not do the big chop i only clip the ends every so often but the majority of my hair is in its natural state.

I dont ever plan to wear wigs or tracks..som im with you on that but right now i have in nubian style twists in my hair with extensions since its a protective style smiley.

Yeah! Real Natural Movement train.
Seems like we are getting to a time women will be rocking their natural hair real good..
You must look beautiful in your Nubian style twists.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by BlackKenichi(m): 3:34am On Jun 25, 2013
I wish more black women in the UK would wear their hair natural! sad
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 3:57am On Jun 25, 2013
Black Kenichi: I wish more black women in the UK would wear their hair natural! sad

what..i see more and more these days
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by BlackKenichi(m): 4:02am On Jun 25, 2013
lepasharon:

what..i see more and more these days
Seriously!?
Maybe I need to get out more. In my home town most black women don't wear their hair natural!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by peacein9ja: 8:20am On Jun 25, 2013
Wow wish I could do my own hair like this
MsDarkSkin: my mom used to give me bantu knots (or chini bumps as we say in Jamaica) as a child.

they are not only good/cute to wear as a style but the twist outs (untwist the knots) are just AWESOME!!

Bantu Knots

Bantu Knots Twist out
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Meddler(f): 12:12pm On Jun 25, 2013
^^ I loooooove!! The ones I've done neva come out well.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 25, 2013
JallowBah: My latest.

Awww, so cute. Love that pink flower clip. I love the doll on her back too, dark-skinned with kinky hair and chubby cheeks, lol.
I guess she refused to put the doll down, hehe, seeing she's sitting in the stroller with it on her back. cheesy cheesy
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lapetite(f): 3:11pm On Jun 25, 2013
Pls help!!! dis is ma 9 month of transitioning,d issue i have is styling ma hair to work n its a big chanllenge for me. i need useful tips on how to stlye ma hair to work thanks
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 25, 2013
lapetite: Pls help!!! dis is ma 9 month of transitioning,d issue i have is styling ma hair to work n its a big chanllenge for me. i need useful tips on how to stlye ma hair to work thanks

What type of hair do you have, tight curls or more wavy? How long is it, you said you were transitioning, does that mean you still have permed hair at the ends? Do you plan on cutting it off? What condition is your hair in, more on the dry side or very oily? What type of work environment is it, more formal or less? Where do you live, is the climate tropical and humid or dry Canadian winters? Just some questions that might help the others give an educated response.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lapetite(f): 4:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
vivalableue:

What type of hair do you have, tight curls or more wavy? How long is it, you said you were transitioning, does that mean you still have permed hair at the ends? Do you plan on cutting it off? What condition is your hair in, more on the dry side or very oily? What type of work environment is it, more formal or less? Where do you live, is the climate tropical and humid or dry Canadian winters? Just some questions that might help the others give an educated response.

I think am done transitioning so i dont hv permed hair at the end,wht i hv on now is an hair extension artificial(kinky braids) just for work purpose,my hair is very dry with tight curls 1 n i work in a formal environment in Nigeria thanks
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 25, 2013
Yield: LOL. IMO, once you have a little bit of growth, it's better to cut off the relaxed ends and start enjoying your natural hair. The best time to experiment and see which products will work for you is when you've a twa. But if you're not sure, take your time to decide what's best for you.

Lol. I'll probably start trimming the ends off periodically. They're looking horrible these days. I'm quite a wuss. I wouldn't like short hair on me, even thought you're right about it being the best time to experiment.

SniperInADiaper: Natural! Natural! It would look great on you

*Kails*:
I think so too. smiley

Haha. I guess I'm transitioning, unofficially. I don't have a reason to relax and don't plan on looking for one.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 25, 2013
Meddler: ^^ I loooooove!! The ones I've done neva come out well.

Same here. I have my sister do it for me lol.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 12:17am On Jun 26, 2013
Black Kenichi:
Seriously!?
Maybe I need to get out more. In my home town most black women don't wear their hair natural!

yep.. i see a natural everyday..where do you stay?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by BlackKenichi(m): 2:55am On Jun 26, 2013
lepasharon:

yep.. i see a natural everyday..where do you stay?
A small town sh1t hole about 30 miles north of London! sad sad sad
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by tiebe: 4:49pm On Jun 27, 2013
abeg, who knows where i can get ecostyler gel in port harcourt?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by JallowBah(f): 7:58pm On Jun 29, 2013
kandiikane: @jallow. If I didn't know you were caucasian, I did think your baby was a full peul straight away. From the side alone you can tell.

Trust me, I know. It is crazy specially when she walks around with her cousins in Gambia..they look exactly the same.

Yield:

Awww, so cute. Love that pink flower clip. I love the doll on her back too, dark-skinned with kinky hair and chubby cheeks, lol.
I guess she refused to put the doll down, hehe, seeing she's sitting in the stroller with it on her back. cheesy cheesy

Haha she actually want to have it on her back with a scarf, since she has been much on mine. She does that all the time wink
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 1:16am On Jun 30, 2013
Black Kenichi:
A small town sh1t hole about 30 miles north of London! sad sad sad

lool,guess there more naturals in london then
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 1:18am On Jun 30, 2013
Cutteeeee!

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 1:22am On Jun 30, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (62) (Reply)

stylish kareena kapoor / Which Cream And Soap is Best Suited For A Fair Lady / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.