Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) - Fashion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) (341291 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by BlackKenichi(m): 4:31am On Jun 30, 2013
Brigid Turner - A model with absolutely gorgeous hair

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 04, 2013

[size=28pt]#9Ether[/size] cool cool
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 04, 2013
Black Kenichi: Brigid Turner - A model with absolutely gorgeous hair

cheesy cheesy
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 04, 2013
ogugua88: Haha. I guess I'm transitioning, unofficially. I don't have a reason to relax and don't plan on looking for one.

lol.

the thing is you can always straighten your hair with a flat iron or even a hot comb if you feel like it and still be natural.

perms are not necessary. smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 04, 2013
Ivynwa:
Yeah! Real Natural Movement train.
Seems like we are getting to a time women will be rocking their natural hair real good..
You must look beautiful in your Nubian style twists.

I sure hope this is a permanent change for more sisters.
I really hope this isn't a fad.

To each his/her own though *shrugs*

and yes!! I love my Nubian twists!
I just learned how to still them using the same bantu knot technique grin
after seeing them curl up and looking so lovely. I haven't stopped! grin

@black I didn't know you were british shocked
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Meddler(f): 8:20pm On Jul 04, 2013
Black Kenichi: Brigid Turner - A model with absolutely gorgeous hair

I want her HAIRRRRRRRR!!!!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by BlackKenichi(m): 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2013
MsDarkSkin:
@black I didn't know you were british shocked
Yes I am. My ethnicity is Jamaican but I was born and raised in Britain. God save the Queen! grin wink
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by BlackKenichi(m): 9:19pm On Jul 04, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

lol.

the thing is you can always straighten your hair with a flat iron or even a hot comb if you feel like it and still be natural.

Exactly. I'm vehemently against black women getting their hair chemically relaxed. I saw my little sis lose clumps of hair the first time she had it done. My sis had long beautiful natural hair before that incident. Luckily, most of her hair has grown back.
I don't know why any sane person would put that.................sh1t in their hair.

Here's a video about chemical relaxers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7MCwF9x8yg
I'll admit I'm no expert on human hair.

Black women you don't need no chemical relaxer or weaves. You've already got "good", beautiful hair. You just need to learn how to maintain it. smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 05, 2013
If the person relaxing the hair does it as instructed, and the person with relaxed hair takes care of it, then I don't see any problems. My mom relaxed my hair when I was 4. Apart from new growth, I don't know my natural hair. It's not a lovely fact. I don't frown at relaxers though. My hair's been very healthy since she took care of it and since I learned to care for it myself. I'm often mistaken for a natural because of the misconception that relaxed hair is thin and short. Mine's thick and long; relaxed and a couple inches from my waist. If it wasn't for me not seeing the trip to the salon every 6 months as unnecessary, and if it weren't for the fact that the stylist increases the price every time I see her due to length and thickness, I'd probably still be relaxed because it's more convenient and what I know. To each his or her own. Relaxed or natural, if you want healthy hair, then you have to take care of it.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 05, 2013
MsDarkSkin: lol.

True. In all honesty, the more new growth comes in, the more afraid I am to straighten it lol. I'm afraid of heat damage. There's no point being natural if your curls/coils are jacked up lol.

Had to visit this thread again. I dey suffer relaxed withdrawals lol.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by BlackKenichi(m): 12:29am On Jul 06, 2013
Long a*se vid on flat ironing natural hair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocsnGA6tLr8

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:53am On Jul 06, 2013

stolen from h-star tongue cheesy

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:54am On Jul 06, 2013
ogugua88:

True. In all honesty, the more new growth comes in, the more afraid I am to straighten it lol. I'm afraid of heat damage. There's no point being natural if your curls/coils are jacked up lol.

Had to visit this thread again. I dey suffer relaxed withdrawals lol.

lol I'm sure you do.
I do as well grin perming is convenient I won't lie and its tempting!!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:55am On Jul 06, 2013
ogugua88: If the person relaxing the hair does it as instructed, and the person with relaxed hair takes care of it, then I don't see any problems. My mom relaxed my hair when I was 4. Apart from new growth, I don't know my natural hair. It's not a lovely fact. I don't frown at relaxers though. My hair's been very healthy since she took care of it and since I learned to care for it myself. I'm often mistaken for a natural because of the misconception that relaxed hair is thin and short. Mine's thick and long; relaxed and a couple inches from my waist. If it wasn't for me not seeing the trip to the salon every 6 months as unnecessary, and if it weren't for the fact that the stylist increases the price every time I see her due to length and thickness, I'd probably still be relaxed because it's more convenient and what I know. To each his or her own. [size=18pt]Relaxed or natural, if you want healthy hair, then you have to take care of it[/size].

gbam!!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:57am On Jul 06, 2013
Black Kenichi:

Exactly. I'm vehemently against black women getting their hair chemically relaxed. I saw my little sis lose clumps of hair the first time she had it done. My sis had long beautiful natural hair before that incident. Luckily, most of her hair has grown back.
I don't know why any sane person would put that.................sh1t in their hair.

come to think of it....
I think seeing the episode of the tyra banks show where the perm melted the soda can scared me into going natural tbh grin

Black women you don't need no chemical relaxer or weaves. You've already got "good", beautiful hair. You just need to learn how to maintain it. smiley

cool cool
True!!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:01am On Jul 06, 2013
couldn't find the one from tyra's show so here is Dr. Oz's version of the experiment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvXZFwDNPnM

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by BlackKenichi(m): 3:44am On Jul 06, 2013
*Kails*:

come to think of it....
I think seeing the episode of the tyra banks show where the perm melted the soda can scared me into going natural tbh grin
*Kails*:
couldn't find the one from tyra's show so here is Dr. Oz's version of the experiment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvXZFwDNPnM
Yikes! shocked shocked shocked
Don't get me wrong, flat ironing your hair is still dangerous but I find that it's much less dangerous than chemical relaxing your hair.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by BlackKenichi(m): 4:02am On Jul 06, 2013
Yield:

Great pics and pretty ladies! smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by BlackKenichi(m): 5:32am On Jul 06, 2013
Genevieve Nnaji would look great with natural hair. Preferably her real hair!
[img]http://1.bp..com/_WH736tIzxNk/SGuT6RUKF0I/AAAAAAAABHw/Y08X-F1iihg/s400/Genevi%C3%A8ve+Nnaji.jpg[/img]

[img]http://abagond.files./2009/08/genevievennaji.jpg[/img]
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Onegai(f): 8:00am On Jul 07, 2013
There are 2 companies that are owned and run by Nigerian women which cater to nigerian hair, both natural and relaxed. Both are www.naturalnigerian.com and www.africannaturalista.com. I've bought products from them and I've never been dissapointed, both CEOs have lovely natural hair too. They're really encouraging women. I use Africa Naturalista's sulphate-free shampoo and Sweet Rosie butter and Natural Nigerian's Leave-in conditioner, as well as coconut oil and hemp seed oil.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by RickyMartin1: 8:45am On Jul 07, 2013
argan oil Morocco has anti-inflammatory and moisturizing qualities it can help with a variety of skin conditions. Moroccan argan oil helps dry skin and oily skin, sounds weird, but the nourishing effects of vitamin E and the free radical reducing and anti-inflammatory properties of the antioxidants and amino acids allow the oil to help with conditions like psoriasis, acne and eczema. Moroccan oil can be used by both women and men, young and old.oil Morocco is even great for pregnant women because the moisturizing properties prevent the formation of stretch marks when massaged on skin regularly.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 14, 2013

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by BlackKenichi(m): 9:27pm On Jul 16, 2013
Love the hair!

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 12:27am On Jul 17, 2013
grin

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 1:14am On Jul 17, 2013
random sorry

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:19am On Jul 17, 2013
Gotta get this for my daughter

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 1:21am On Jul 17, 2013
I recently got braids for the first time to help with the growth since shaving my hair off and got this dude come up to me saying it's scaring him. He said it looks like snakes. grin
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Moyola(f): 1:23am On Jul 17, 2013
kiss kiss kiss

Natural hair rockz!

itz sexi
itz licensed to get u 'dat' attention
varied styling
listz endless! tongue

iWish mine kud grow so long,
iKud slap Natural Hair haters wiv eet! cheesy
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 1:23am On Jul 17, 2013

Middle picture=great body.. Lovely hair too
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 1:23am On Jul 17, 2013
Moyola: kiss kiss kiss

Natural hair rockz!

itz sexi
itz licensed to get u 'dat' attention
varied styling
listz endless! tongue

iWish mine kud grow so long,
iKud slap Natural Hair haters wiv eet! cheesy

undecided undecided
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Moyola(f): 1:28am On Jul 17, 2013
kandiikane:

undecided undecided

? ? ?
tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (62) (Reply)

stylish kareena kapoor / Which Cream And Soap is Best Suited For A Fair Lady / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.