Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,952 members, 7,952,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:58 AM

Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) - Fashion (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) (346010 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by SexyFox(f): 11:51am On Jul 26, 2014
I'm tired of this medium length kinky curly hair. It is so awkward. I need my hair to double this present length. At this stage is look so ugly. I prefer the short hair. Maybe I should flat iron it.

No mind me o! I'm just ranting.

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by SexyFox(f): 11:56am On Jul 26, 2014
I'm going to focus on braiding until my hair ( when stretch) reaches mbl. Hopefully by then my wash and go will no longer look awkward.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 26, 2014
@ileke idi, cute smile n nice hair

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 26, 2014
[quote author=tandj]MrsSiena, I'm so loving u kiss
U look great.
How is d new baby and family?

Thanks dearie, we are doing great
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by pkg4eva05: 3:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
Unrefined Coconut oil for sale!
1100 for 8oz (1/4 Litre)
2100 for 16oz (1/2 Litre)
3600 for 32oz (1 Litre)

To order, kindly send a mail to thekinikinks@gmail.com

There's a price slash for bulk orders and for those who want to have standing orders.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 30, 2014
kandiikane:

I don't use products that much tbh. Been using the same stuff castor oil and my carrot and olive cream. I think there is more to it because I have been losing weight too. Yeah I will book an appointment with my Doctor because now that I am finally growing my hair I develop "alopecia" undecided

My hair falls off too esp when I weave it or do other protective style.

Do you wear weaves or braids? Could also be the reason.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 9:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
Chillisauce:

My hair falls off too esp when I weave it or do other protective style.

Do you wear weaves or braids? Could also be the reason.

No when I do braids my hair actually grows. I have not had braids since April. I have been wearing wigs.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 30, 2014
kandiikane:

No when I do braids my hair actually grows. I have not had braids since April. I have been wearing wigs.

Wow, strange. When I braid, it's grows but some pull off too. Make sure you don't comb too much . You can just use your hands, dabble oil and water to your hair. Maybe wash once or twice a week.

I hope you not swimming with it without washing off after. The chemicals can be bad too

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Idowuogbo(f): 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
kandiikane:

Wigs in summer? MY GOD! That shyte must stink grin
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 9:12pm On Jul 30, 2014
Chillisauce:

Wow, strange. When I braid, it's grows but some pull off too. Make sure you don't comb too much . You can just use your hands, dabble oil and water to your hair. Maybe wash once or twice a week.

I hope you not swimming with it without washing off after. The chemicals can be bad too

I know. Honestly, I hardly use combs. Just use my fingers to dangle even when washing it. And I use oil and water.mainly castor and coconut oil. I don't even know how to swim lol. I am going to wait a couple of more weeks if the problem persists then I will have to do something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2014
Idowuogbo:
Wigs in summer? MY GOD! That shyte must stink grin

Lol abeg stfu! Of course you would know about smelly wigs as for me, my wigs smell of dandelions daisies and lavender plus a breath of fresh air. I take off my wig everyday and sometimes it goes days without being worn unlike that your roach infested weave in this hot sun. grin
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Idowuogbo(f): 9:41pm On Jul 30, 2014
kandiikane:

Lol abeg stfu! Of course you would know about smelly wigs as for me, my wigs smell of dandelions daisies and lavender plus a breath of fresh air. I take off my wig everyday and sometimes it goes days without being worn unlike that your roach infested weave in this hot sun. grin
Dandelions or dead rats? cheesy
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 31, 2014
Cutting my hair on Saturday. I hate too many things at the same time. one has to go

3 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by SexyFox(f): 12:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
I know I say alot of random things.

I just want to talk about tangles and single strand knot, and how I avoid it.
To avoid it, I soak my hair in a bucket of water to thorougly open the coils as water hardly penetrate my hair.
Then I put shampoo on it(bending my head and putting all hair toward my eyes), I rinse it that way then apply conditional (petal conditional). And shake my hair to seperate all hair from eachother.
I use a big comb to detangle the hair and then I rinse it. By then I will be looking like that guy in high school musical.
I wait for the hair to dry a little (damp) and then apply an hair cream (emily millionaire) which gives me big clumpy curls but i shake my hair again because they faliing all over my face, leaving the middle of my head flat( which slightly reduce it)
I may pack it and put in a afro puff or leave it like that.

By Sexy Fox.

4 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Lalaland1(f): 3:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
i did my big chop on 10th of july after five months of transitioning..here is a pic..n pls tell me wat u think of it..dyu think d growth rate is slow?p.s i cut 1/2 inch wen doin it.im a natural hair enthusiast.my fam says im obsessed with it sef.lol

8 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
Lalaland1: i did my big chop on 10th of july after five months of transitioning..here is a pic..n pls tell me wat u think of it..dyu think d growth rate is slow?p.s i cut 1/2 inch wen doin it.im a natural hair enthusiast.my fam says im obsessed with it sef.lol

i cant get tired of looking at naturalistas. Your hair is so thick and black. wish i could see the length.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Lalaland1(f): 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
Rawdeal:

i cant get tired of looking at naturalistas. Your hair is so thick and black. wish i could see the length.
lol dats d length na..its stil a teeny weeny afro.thanks fr d compliment tho
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Rute(f): 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
Lalaland yo hair is beautifully thick and black ride on sis, way to go!natural all the way!!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by nitrogen(m): 4:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
Lalaland1: i did my big chop on 10th of july after five months of transitioning..here is a pic..n pls tell me wat u think of it..dyu think d growth rate is slow?p.s i cut 1/2 inch wen doin it.im a natural hair enthusiast.my fam says im obsessed with it sef.lol
Chisos!

Sorry, I no fit help am ni o.......you make senses!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Empressgifted(f): 4:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
my colour, pls what soap do you use? btw, nice hair, i think the growth rate is good.

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Lalaland1(f): 5:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
do u mean like dis?

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Lalaland1(f): 5:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
nitrogen:
Chisos!

Sorry, I no fit help am ni o.......you make senses!
lol thnks oo..blushing
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Lalaland1(f): 5:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
Empressgifted:
my colour, pls what soap do you use? btw, nice hair, i think the growth rate is good.
thank u..besides i dnt use any special soap.just normal dettol.i hardly apply lotion sef.lol im carefree like dat
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Empressgifted(f): 6:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
Lalaland1: thank u..besides i dnt use any special soap.just normal dettol.i hardly apply lotion sef.lol im carefree like dat
ur very lucky ooh! I have a very sensitive skin, my sister uses dettol soap but i dare not try it, it gives me rashes all over just like Dudu Osun.
Happy Natural Hair Journey!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Lalaland1(f): 7:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
Empressgifted:
ur very lucky ooh! I have a very sensitive skin, my sister uses dettol soap but i dare not try it, it gives me rashes all over just like Dudu Osun.
Happy Natural Hair Journey!
lol thank u love
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by nitrogen(m): 7:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
Lalaland1: lol thnks oo..blushing
kiss wink cool
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Lalaland1(f): 7:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
Lalaland1: lol dats d length na..its stil a teeny weeny afro.thanks fr d compliment tho
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Lalaland1(f): 7:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
Rawdeal:

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Lalaland1(f): 2:38pm On Aug 01, 2014
dpes anyone know were i cn get heat caps..affordable ones..and dia price range.. in lagos..surulere to b precise? help a sister

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (62) (Reply)

stylish kareena kapoor / Which Cream And Soap is Best Suited For A Fair Lady / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.