Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,294 members, 7,839,444 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? (34492 Views)

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? / Is It Disrespectful For A Wife To Expect Her Husband To Help With Chores? / Why do Ladies become disrespectful to their Inlaws after Childbirth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 06, 2012
freecocoa: If i remember what this thread and the first question on it is all about, it is

Do you find it disrespectful if your partner reads a new sms on your phone before passing it on to you? Now that's different from them reading an sms you've read and left on your phone.

Whether you believe it or not, there are things meant to be kept to self and many examples have been cited. I have no issue with my partner checking my phone for whatever(well he doesn't without asking first) but he has no right to read my sms before me, unless i ask him to, simple.

I tire ooo. Next thing I am seeing is answering phone calls and what not. I dont have issues with him answering my calls, the question here was new messages.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by freecocoa(f): 8:58am On Sep 06, 2012
Ujujoan:

Hmmmn . . . .

Well that's just your opinion!
Yes it is.cheesy
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by freecocoa(f): 8:59am On Sep 06, 2012
jennykadry:

I tire ooo. Next thing I am seeing is answering phone calls and what not. I dont have issues with him answering my calls, the question here was new messages.
It just shows many people don't even get it to start with cheesy.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 06, 2012
I leave my phones with my fiancee, so she is free to go through my text messages. Though, I dont expect her to open my inbox when a new text arrives my phone(or answer my calls), whether am there or not. I know she wont do that because it amounts to phishing.

I go through her phones/messages if she permits me and if i feel like but that isnt important to me.

The important thing is trust and i trust her and will do everything within my power to make her trust me.

1 Like

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Oluesther(f): 11:09am On Sep 06, 2012
cindylee: i don't know about being disrespectful but I do it. In short a lot, not out of disrespectbut my inquisitive nature and he doesn't get angy and even me I don't mind because he does it it although not every time.

U're right dear. Even those saying it's not right will still hide and do it. I do it a lot when he leaves his phone with me. But reading a new message before passing the phone on to the owner is disrespectful. U two can read it together. This builds trust. Except if U're hiding something.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Ebonylvu(f): 11:51am On Sep 06, 2012
I didn't cee any big deal reading ur spouse SMS, after all dey ar 1 n av 2 share evry tin in common.... dey don't av 2 be hidin tins 2 each oda because dey ar 1.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 06, 2012
freecocoa: It just shows many people don't even get it to start with cheesy.

I agree. Shocked I was to see phone calls replace text message. shocked

Just imagine a friend of mine SMS me to tell me she's got a rash in her private part. Why would I want my husband to read that "nonsense"?
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by MrsChima1(f): 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2012
linearity:

..for these reasons shall a man leave his father and mother and shall be joined to his wife and they shall be one.

The day you said 'I do' you give up that privacy; both spouse should be able to read each other's SMS and emails...

Why are you quoting the Bible? Not everyone are Christians or believers of the Bible....You failed.

And you won't be married long (that if and when you are married) Misquoting the bible can get you in trouble....

Don't pick a sentence out of a Bible and then add things to it. That is an offense punishable by a knock on your head.

What was your vows? Your feelings aren't important and I don't trust you.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by MrsChima1(f): 12:29pm On Sep 06, 2012
agabasam: Its nt desrespectful, if u cant cope with it, go n marry anoda man.... As i no hack ha phone ma sef..... Al dz lv and trust stufs are highly exagerated, dats y 1 man close to my place is been fooled by hs wife, hu cheats on him and he goes abt broadcasting hz luv nd trust 4 hz wife, if u tel him d truth, u turn hz enemy... Bleeping idiota

Marrying another man isn't going to increase the previous man's trust level. It is okay that you disagree that it isn't disrespectful but why are you telling people what to do?

Are people telling you to go kill yourself because you disagree that it is not disrespectful? No.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Afam4eva(m): 12:34pm On Sep 06, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Marrying another man isn't going to increase the previous man's trust level. It is okay that you disagree that it isn't disrespectful but why are you telling people what to do?

Are people telling you to go kill yourself because you disagree that it is not disrespectful? No.
You guys don't know that marriage is about utmost trust. You shouldn't be hiding anything from your spouse including your anus. he should be able to look whenever and however.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by freecocoa(f): 12:36pm On Sep 06, 2012
jennykadry:

I agree. Shocked I was to see phone calls replace text message. shocked

Just imagine a friend of mine SMS me to tell me she's got a rash in her private part. Why would I want my husband to read that "nonsense"?
Just ask me abeg, it really beats me how people reason all in the name of "we are one"
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by MrsChima1(f): 12:37pm On Sep 06, 2012
jidegirl12:

It's not a big deal maam, my husband sees my paperwork (client stuff) and even helps me with some stuff like say on my iPad , he will never say that info to a third party or even joke with it, that's the trust he'll never break. That's even the peak of being disrespectful .

Abeg leave ethic code jare, you wan kill me with work when I have a extra hand (that has a knowledge of what i do and I trust) to help?

It doesn't matter if you feel that your husband will not share information to the public. You broke the code of ethics bottom line. If you wanted extra hands...STOP BEING CHEAP and hire an extra hand. Make sure they are bound by confidentially clause. And also if you don't think there is nothing wrong with you sharing your clients' information with your spouse....did you inform your clients?

That's lack of professionalism. Bad for business.....

I am willing to bet....no, you didn't inform your clients.

Glad to know I am not your client. Good riddance.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by MrsChima1(f): 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2012
afam4eva:
You guys don't know that marriage is about utmost trust. You shouldn't be hiding anything from your spouse including your anus. he should be able to look whenever and however.

Marriage isn't about cellphones and text messages...there are more to marriage and the bigger picture. It includes RESPECT, UNDERSTANDING, TRUST, STABILITY, LOYALTY, and COMPASSION. From the look of it...you don't understand the definitions.

You are not married so why should I take marital advice from you
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Afam4eva(m): 12:40pm On Sep 06, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

You are not married so why should I take advice from you
I've been studying marriages all my life and i am an authority in that department. It's unfortunate that the married ones that are supposed to know these things don't know any better than the unmarried people.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by MrsChima1(f): 12:41pm On Sep 06, 2012
afam4eva:
I've been studying marriages all my life and i am an authority in that department. It's unfortunate that the married ones that are supposed to know these things don't know any better than the unmarried people.

No thanks. I will pass.

My spouse and I are doing exceptionally well. wink
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Afam4eva(m): 12:43pm On Sep 06, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

No thanks. I will pass.
My marriage lessons will change your life forever and will put you on a pedestal that's filled with joy for the rest of your life. Take my advise today and be made whole.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Afam4eva(m): 12:44pm On Sep 06, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

My spouse and I are doing exceptionally well. wink
For someone who can't let her husband see her anus, i doubt this very much.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by MrsChima1(f): 12:44pm On Sep 06, 2012
afam4eva:
My marriage lessons will change your life forever and will put you on a pedestal that's filled with joy for the rest of your life. Take my advise today and be made whole.

Read my previous post again. wink

Nothing like a trusting and faithful partner. cheesy To bad many will never experience such partner. lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by MrsChima1(f): 12:45pm On Sep 06, 2012
afam4eva:
For someone who can't let her husband see her anus, i doubt this very much.

Now I see why you are single. smiley
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Afam4eva(m): 12:46pm On Sep 06, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Now I see why you are single. smiley
I'm single be cause that's where i wanna be. As it may not be easy for me to meet of with the many essentials of marriage which some of you take for granted. When you're in marriage, you let your guard down.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by MrsChima1(f): 12:47pm On Sep 06, 2012
afam4eva:
I'm single be cause that's where i wanna be. As it may not be easy for me to meet of with the many essentials of marriage which some of you take for granted. When you're in marriage, you let your guard down.

And you STILL do not understand marriage even after "studying" marriage. grin grin grin grin grin

Sure. Tell the lies to the birds. My middle finger salutes you. wink
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by freecocoa(f): 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2012
Afam what is your own with anus? Is that where you keep your important documents? cheesy
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by MrsChima1(f): 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2012
freecocoa: Afam what is your own with anus? Is that where you keep your important documents? cheesy

He is pissed that I won't open my anus.....I think he was fingered before..... lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Afam4eva(m): 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

And you STILL do not understand marriage even after "studying" marriage. grin grin grin grin grin

Sure. Tell the lies to the birds. My middle finger salutes you. wink
I never said that i don't understand marriage. My point is that i may not be able to meet up with some of the 1diosyncratic nature of marriage, so i'm aloof to the institution.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Afam4eva(m): 12:50pm On Sep 06, 2012
freecocoa: Afam what is your own with anus? Is that where you keep your important documents? cheesy
I want to believe that part of the body is the most sacred for most human beings. Are you trying to tell me that you can't share your most sacred part of the body with your husband?
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by freecocoa(f): 1:02pm On Sep 06, 2012
afam4eva:
I want to believe that part of the body is the most sacred for most human beings. Are you trying to tell me that you can't share your most sacred part of the body with your husband?
Share it with him in what sense please?
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Afam4eva(m): 1:03pm On Sep 06, 2012
freecocoa: Share it with him in what sense please?
Just to allow him see it.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by MrsChima1(f): 1:18pm On Sep 06, 2012
freecocoa: Share it with him in what sense please?

Girl...i know you are not falling for his bullshit! grin
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by freecocoa(f): 1:22pm On Sep 06, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

You should know better na, just let me understand him better grin
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Afam4eva(m): 1:23pm On Sep 06, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Do you know that some newly married women are shy to go n*aked in front of their husband? Some of these women even feel more comfortable going n*aked in front of their female friends than their husband. I don't think it's right.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by freecocoa(f): 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2012
afam4eva:
Just to allow him see it.
Hian shocked

My dear he didn't or doesn't keep anything inside there so i don't see how allowing him to see it comes into play.

As if he says he wants to see it.

#you are weird
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Afam4eva(m): 1:27pm On Sep 06, 2012
freecocoa: Hian shocked

My dear he didn't or doesn't keep anything inside there so i don't see how allowing him to see it comes into play.

As if he says he wants to see it.

#you are weird
I wish i could express myself better in English...Just look at it as a sign that you're very free with your spouse.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Drop Your Date Of Birth, You Might Find A Match / Mother Humiliates Man For Visiting Her Teen Daughter (video) / Obituary Of Mother And Son Who Died On The Same Day (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.