Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? (34419 Views)

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? / Is It Disrespectful For A Wife To Expect Her Husband To Help With Chores? / Why do Ladies become disrespectful to their Inlaws after Childbirth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by queensmith: 8:02pm On Sep 06, 2012
It does depend, if your partner minds. If not you do need to respect his/her privacy. A phone is a private thing and some appreciate having things to themselves.
That being said if you have nothing to hide you won't be bothered, but going through your partners phone knowing he/she has a problem with it is wrong and disrespectful. It shows you have no regards for his/her privacy, which he/she is definitely entitled to. Just because you are the partner doesn't mean you can have unrestricted access to his/her life. He is entitled to not want to privy you to certain things.

My partner is quite open, so he normally gives me his phone to read his texts and what not which I'm still abit uncomfortable doing, at the same time I don't really mind if he goes through my stuff he won't find anything anyway he'd just be wasting his time. We've taken the fun out of snooping! grin grin grin
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by dayokanu(m): 10:16pm On Sep 06, 2012
queensmith: It does depend, if your partner minds. If not you do need to respect his/her privacy. A phone is a private thing and some appreciate having things to themselves.
That being said if you have nothing to hide you won't be bothered, but going through your partners phone knowing he/she has a problem with it is wrong and disrespectful. It shows you have no regards for his/her privacy, which he/she is definitely entitled to. Just because you are the partner doesn't mean you can have unrestricted access to his/her life. He is entitled to not want to privy you to certain things. D

You are back to seducing me with your posts. Insha Allah i wont fall for you
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 1:04am On Sep 07, 2012
@uju

What is the difference between washing your body with just soap and washing your body with sponge?
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by bjcole(m): 10:58am On Sep 07, 2012
I m surprised @ lots of comment here, we should get it into our heads that, there are no private issues as far as u married, be it personal, business or profession. No right thinking spouse expects you to divulged all your day to day activities to him/her unless it concerns him/her or how many you treated or diagnosed with Stds, but if that information comes inform of text, its not private anymore. your spouse should have unrestricted access to you & your information.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by bjcole(m): 11:13am On Sep 07, 2012
no wonder marriages are collapsing these days, because we just refuse to leave and cleave to our spouse. lots of spouses are even envisaging seperation, hence they wont let some info so it wont haunt them later. I usually traveled in company of my pastor, whenever he is driving, he gives his phone to me to attend to his calls & messages, I ve really learnt from that. I dnt get worried if i forget my phone @ home, whether she wil read or not, i was before until i did away with all the rubbish then,
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 07, 2012
bjcole: no wonder marriages are collapsing these days, because we just refuse to leave and cleave to our spouse. lots of spouses are even envisaging seperation, hence they wont let some info so it wont haunt them later. I usually traveled in company of my pastor, whenever he is driving, he gives his phone to me to attend to his calls & messages, I ve really learnt from that. I dnt get worried if i forget my phone @ home, whether she wil read or not, i was before until i did away with all the rubbish then,

Your "pastor" gives you access to his phone. Note the issue here is he gave you his permission. We're not talking about pastors, we're not talking about you leaving your phone at home. We're talking about not respecting the wishes of your spouse, and going through their text messages, without their express permission for you to do so.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 07, 2012
bjcole: I m surprised @ lots of comment here, we should get it into our heads that, there are no private issues as far as u married, be it personal, business or profession. No right thinking spouse expects you to divulged all your day to day activities to him/her unless it concerns him/her or how many you treated or diagnosed with Stds, but if that information comes inform of text, its not private anymore. your spouse should have unrestricted access to you & your information.

If your spouse is a lawyer or doctor, you're telling me you should have access to her confidential and business issues?? Jesus! What would you want with them? If you feel the Confidentiality Clause is a load of bull, you tell her clients, and see how fast they'll drop your spouse. Not to talk of the legal implications that will ensue. If she's a lawyer or doctor, she could even be struck off the register.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 07, 2012
^^^ if you were not married I would have added you to the list of my e-husbands. But that your wife is not to be trusted. I won't be alive to tell my story after she is done with me cheesy grin

That strong akpuruka woman
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by free2ryhme: 12:23pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ujujoan: Do you consider it dis-respectful if your wife/hubby/GF/BF/Fiancee/Fiance reads your new SMS before passing it on to you

y wud she read it in the first place? it is my phone and my messages .. I don't think there is an issue here at all... I believe it is disrespectful
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 07, 2012
jennykadry: @uju

What is the difference between washing your body with just soap and washing your body with sponge?

Huh
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 07, 2012
free2ryhme:

y wud she read it in the first place? it is my phone and my messages .. I don't think there is an issue here at all... I believe it is disrespectful

Ok . . . I've heard!

Next you'll say it's an Igbo people practice.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by free2ryhme: 12:37pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ujujoan:

Ok . . . I've heard!

Next you'll say it's an Igbo people practice.

See what i mean by shallows minds .!!!! What has igbo people got to do with the response
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 07, 2012
free2ryhme:

See what i mean by shallows minds .!!!! What has igbo people got to do with the response

That's your solution to everything na . . . "It's and igbo mentality"

When you are ready to discuss things constructively without reference to a particular tribe, you can come back and talk!
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by free2ryhme: 12:41pm On Sep 07, 2012
jennykadry: @uju

make i use question answer question. can you wash your body with sponge alone?
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by free2ryhme: 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ujujoan:

That's your solution to everything na . . . "It's and igbo mentality"

When you are ready to discuss things constructively without reference to a particular tribe, you can come back and talk!

Your response is crude. Constructively you are the one who is referring to a particular tribe.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 07, 2012
free2ryhme:

make i use question answer question. can you wash your body with sponge alone?

It would take a smart person to decode that post of mine. Try again, you haven't gotten there yet. smiley
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 07, 2012
jennykadry:

It would take a smart person to decode that post of mine. Try again, you haven't gotten there yet. smiley

Jenny explain naa . . I really want to know!

At the risk of sounding 'crude', I think hubby and I do much more un-hygeinic things than using each other's toothbrush! I could be wrong dou.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by free2ryhme: 12:59pm On Sep 07, 2012
jennykadry:

I never intended to answer your question rather i was addressing it from the perspective of incomplete information based on on what you wrote
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 07, 2012
free2ryhme:

I never intended to answer your question rather i was addressing it from the perspective of incomplete information based on on what you wrote

Try not to talk about things you know nothing about . . . It helps!
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 07, 2012
^^ explain what? The reason why I answered your question with a question was because you sarcastically tried to prove a point. You did not necessarily Ask that question cos you cared to know, you were trying to send a message across. I am not a child uju. Go ask your dentist how non visible bacteria's easily store in your toothbrushes even after rinsing. There is a difference between sliding your tongue into someone's mouth and actually using a brush to remove debris from your teeth/gum

Abeg I am going back to continue a night time seminar
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by free2ryhme: 1:08pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ujujoan:

Try not to talk about things you know nothing about . . . It helps!

A sharp tongue is no indication of a keen mind.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by free2ryhme: 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2012
jennykadry: ^^ explain what? The reason why I answered your question with a question was because you sarcastically tried to prove a point. You did not necessarily Ask that question cos you cared to know, you were trying to send a message across. I am not a child uju. Go ask your dentist how non visible bacteria's easily store in your toothbrushes even after rinsing. There is a difference between sliding your tongue into someone's mouth and actually using a brush to remove debris from your teeth/gum

Someone got shot here ...... grin grin grin grin Never enter a battle of wits unarmed. grin grin grin
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2012
jennykadry: ^^ explain what? The reason why I answered your question with a question was because you sarcastically tried to prove a point. You did not necessarily Ask that question cos you cared to know, you were trying to send a message across. I am not a child uju. Go ask your dentist how non visible bacteria's easily store in your toothbrushes even after rinsing. There is a difference between sliding your tongue into someone's mouth and actually using a brush to remove debris from your teeth/gum

Wait na before you go!

How was my previous post sarcastic? Maybe it came off as such but it wasn't intended.

I know you are in the medical feild that's why I was asking. I just assumed that any bacteria which could be present in the toothbrush can be gotten from kissing as well.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 07, 2012
Same way Some people wear protection before sex . It does not stop them from having s3x , it just reduces their risks of contracting something. So 'course bacteria could be passed through French kissing.

Sharing toothbrushes could be a quick route to gum infection. It is not just healthy. People use their brush to brush their Teeth and most times the gum not planned though gets a good brush in the process.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Afam4eva(m): 1:30pm On Sep 07, 2012
jennykadry: Same way Some people wear protection before sex . It does not stop them from having s3x , it just reduces their risks of contracting something. So 'course bacteria could be passed during French kissing.

Sharing toothbrushes could be a quick route to gum infection. It is not just healthy. People use their brin to brush their Teeth and most times the gun not planned though gets a good brush in the process.
Do couples use protection normally?
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 07, 2012
afam4eva:

Couple? Did I say couples or some people?

Yes some couple use protection as form of contraception.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 07, 2012
jennykadry: Same way Some people wear protection before sex . It does not stop them from having s3x , it just reduces their risks of contracting something. So 'course bacteria could be passed during French kissing.

Sharing toothbrushes could be a quick route to gum infection. It is not just healthy. People use their brin to brush their Teeth and most times the gun not planned though gets a good brush in the process.

Ok, I see. I never thought about it that way dou!
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 07, 2012
afam4eva:

Some people react to other forms of contraception and some men are just not comfortable with withdrawing.

So yes, some couple use protection!
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by free2ryhme: 1:40pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ujujoan:

Some people react to other forms of contraception and some men are just not comfortable with withdrawing.

So yes, some couple use protection!

So what is the idea here? Someone pls help out
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 07, 2012
Uju ,ignore some attention seekers
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 07, 2012
jennykadry: Uju ,ignore some attention seekers

Before nko?

He wont be my first and last e-stalker na . . . Na today?
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by free2ryhme: 1:54pm On Sep 07, 2012
I think there is no vaccine against stupidity

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands.. / Man Abandons Wife Abroad For Trading With Her Body / The Mathematics Of Marriage, By Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.