Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha (9822 Views)

Imolites Storm Freedom Falls; Appreciate Gov. Okorocha (photos) / Buhari Lacks Clear Cut Direction On How To Govern Nigeria – PDP / A Group Of Imolites Protests Against Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 07, 2012
pearl~hapi:
lmao!funny you btw atleast I know the name of the governor of my state!just stop soaking garri biko
Nice to hear that, i believe a lesson has been learnt hear
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by pearlhapi(f): 10:45am On Sep 07, 2012
dozydre: Nice to hear that, i believe a lesson has been learnt hear
sure!and am glad you didn't take things personal[liberal minds rock]
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 07, 2012
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Ninapha(f): 11:13am On Sep 07, 2012
super1759-:
If he is complaining because of small imo state. How about ruling NIGERIA,with different tribes and their wahala. It means he shouldn't bother contesting for presidency in the near future.
Rochas is a noise maker! Imo pple are not difficult to rule, just that we dont need someone who lives in deceit. Whatever Owerri is today is made possible by Sam Mbakwe and redesigned by Ohakim's administration. While Rochas was campagning, he was telling imolites those things were done by NDDC. Now let him do better.

Startn 100 projects and leaving them on the way is what imo pple are against. I want to see d undergratuates who are benefiting from his so called free tertiary institition education. All d roads he started are just distractions. Nonsense policy of paying school children, sewing uniform for teachers wd not improve imo state in any way.

I still maintain that what Imo pple needs is industries, factories, empowerment etc. We hv the highest number of unemployed graduates .Driving keke napep, serving in hotels, working in fuel stations are only available jobs for imo graduates except we go to other states. He shd ask Ohakim, Ararume, Achike udenwa, if we say no. Our no is no. We held him in high esteem untill now. Let him go back to d drawing board or the governorship flame of imo state govt house wd also consume him and his political ambition.

2 Likes

Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by super1760: 11:19am On Sep 07, 2012
ifihearam: U see what I mean,common imo state he complains and some of you here will throw insults at GEJ,you won't understand what it means until you hold a leadership position. Some men here find it very difficult to govern their homes well but still has the audacity to criticise the president ruling over 150million people with diverse culture,mentality and orientation....please think twice before bashing.
my brother, you just said my mind. I took a keen view of gej,before he became and after becoming the president. D guy is going down. He really need supports and not bashing. To crown the matter worse. Nobody have ever gone to aso rock that was not bashed.smh
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Chanchit: 11:41am On Sep 07, 2012
Thats the same problem Seun is facing from the SE.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by sammie4real: 11:44am On Sep 07, 2012
THAT IS WHAT ONE GETS WHENEVER THERE IS A MAJOR CHANGE. WHAT GOV. OKOROCHA MUST UNDERSTAND IS THAT IT IS NOT ABOUT THE PEOPLE HE IS DOING IT FOR, THE EMPHASIS IS ON DOING ON WHAT HE IS DOING, AND WATCHING IT MATERIALIZE. SOME PEOPLE WOULD LIVE TO APPRECIATE WHAT IS HE IS DOING LATER. I URGE HIM TO CONTINUE.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by hubreality(m): 11:49am On Sep 07, 2012
Acidosis: September 6, 2012 | 1:08 pm
News
BY CHIDI NKWOPARA, OWERRI.

"He recalled what his administration passed through in the hands of Owerri people when he wanted to build a hospitality industry in the disputed Area K, World Bank Housing Estate, Owerri, stressing that the project has now been transferred to Oguta."

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/imolites-are-difficult-to-govern-okorocha/

Imolites could be very difficult to govern, quite agreed! So many communities in the past lost several developmental projects due to similar incident. More developments for the good people of Oguta, this also will make them a better "small London." At least Rochas is working...I hope he does better. God bless Imo State. God bless Nigeria!
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Chanchit: 11:59am On Sep 07, 2012
Ninapha: Rochas is a noise maker! Imo pple are not difficult to rule, just that we dont need someone who lives in deceit. Whatever Owerri is today is made possible by Sam Mbakwe and redesigned by Ohakim's administration. While Rochas was campagning, he was telling imolites those things were done by NDDC. Now let him do better.

Startn 100 projects and leaving them on the way is what imo pple are against. I want to see d undergratuates who are benefiting from his so called free tertiary institition education. All d roads he started are just distractions. Nonsense policy of paying school children, sewing uniform for teachers wd not improve imo state in any way.

I still maintain that what Imo pple needs is industries, factories, empowerment etc. We hv the highest number of unemployed graduates .Driving keke napep, serving in hotels, working in fuel stations are only available jobs for imo graduates except we go to other states. He shd ask Ohakim, Ararume, Achike udenwa, if we say no. Our no is no. We held him in high esteem untill now. Let him go back to d drawing board or the governorship flame of imo state govt house wd also consume him and his political ambition.

You must be one of the Oliver Twist Okorocha is talking about.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by uchennaq(m): 12:01pm On Sep 07, 2012
NONSENSE. MASSIVE ROAD CONSTRUCTION WITHOUT DRAINAGE. NONSENSE[size=20pt][/size]
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by PaulJohn1: 12:02pm On Sep 07, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Why u guys( Yorubas) will always want anything IGBO to be set back, You want one of our main action Governor to resigned, then ur head is full of garbage.

grin grin grin
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 07, 2012
pearl~hapi:
lmao!funny you btw atleast I know the name of the governor of my state!just stop soaking garri biko

This garri will put u for trouble grin grin grin...anyway whats ur state
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by seunfuckgarri: 12:07pm On Sep 07, 2012
take the path of honour, Resign.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by MurderX: 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2012
Imo people are not difficult to govern, they are naturally stubborn and hardened people. Even in igbo land they are known as a difficult people to deal with. So it should be nothing new to them ibo people.

1 Like

Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by johpeace: 12:48pm On Sep 07, 2012
Lets begin a thorough analysis of Rochas' administration and his woes.
I am am Imolite and reside here,so am going 2 say d facts.
His probs began on June 6 wen he dissolved all d policies of d last admin both LG chairmen and 10,000 jobs scheme.
Now the LG chairmen whose tenure of 2 yrs cld hv elapsed last month and gone peacefully hv drwn a battle line with him and as PDP members in a PDP ruled country hv vowed to make ds state ungovernable with series of court cases and counteraccusations.
Can u believe dt d peopl's governor is in court with d same peopl dt slept along INEC PH road to protect his vote vis a vis d 10,000 jobs.They hv won the 1st round,however,he went on appeal and the case is still on..

Rochas started sooooo many roads but d rainy season came and worsened d state of these roads making them impassable and worsening d livin conditions of the people leading 2 series of complaints.In fact pipl advised him to take them in phases but for whr.

His free education is laudable but upto univ,men ds is not our main prob.It is simply UNEMPLOYMENT FOR IMO GRADUATES.Tel me..if u are a parent in present Nigeria which one will u choose?Dt som1 trains ur child in univ while u can or dt som1 gives ur child a good job which u cant?

IN CONCLUSION,ROCHAS IS DOING WELL NO DOUBTS ABOUT DT...BUT HE SHOULD FIRST DO A THOROUGH NEEDS ASSESSMENT TO DETERMINE THE IMMEDIATE PROBS OF HIS PEOPL INSTEAD OF FOREIGN POLICIES.
HE SHOULD EVALUATE THE PUBLIC PERCEPTION OF HIS POLICIES AND DISCONTINUE WITH BAD ONES EG COMMERCIALIZATION POLICY.
I wish him more powers to his elbows.

1 Like

Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ninapha: Rochas is a noise maker! Imo pple are not difficult to rule, just that we dont need someone who lives in deceit. Whatever Owerri is today is made possible by Sam Mbakwe and redesigned by Ohakim's administration. While Rochas was campagning, he was telling imolites those things were done by NDDC. Now let him do better.

Bro, I couldn't agree more. One of the things I love about Imolites is that we are not sycophants. Almost everyone is politically and socially aware of what is happening in their state. From keke driver to Ugu seller. Democracy is vibrant in Imo. This is why he said Imolites are difficult to govern.

There is growing awareness about how the university free education system works. It is said that only 30% admission slot is given to imolites in imo state institutions while other 70% are student from other states who pay tuition fee which is inturn used to finance the so called free education. Now, you have thousands of imolites competing for the 30% slot. Unsurprisingly, these forms are given to community leaders who solicit for bribes to give highest bidders preferential treatment. The last time i was home, i overheard a middle aged man telling a young prospective student at a bar on how he can help him get this form; through the back door of course.

On the secondary and primary level, he is trying. The road project, they say its on hold because of the raining season.... We will give them till december to see if things progresses.

Imolites are not materialistic robots; carried away by penny na afu and devoid of critical minds. We demand accountability.

We don't want deceit. Be yourself and govern the people with a honest and open mind or else be ready to go the Ohakim lane.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Ninapha(f): 1:32pm On Sep 07, 2012
Chanchit:

. Indeed. The day we seize to be oliver Twist, we stop to exsist. We wd always want more my dear even u.

Now, are u from imo state? If yes, are u talking from d inside or an onlooker?
Let me tell u, the diff btw Ohakim and Rochas is this; Ohakim talks tough while Rochas talk in tears. Ohakim wd say there is no money in Imo and Rochas wd say there is money with tears and later wd say there is no money wit more tears.
If i ask u d agenda of Rochas, pls aside his acclaimed free education what else. Remember there is already UBE program to Jss 3. Now at registering SSCE, u pay almost double of what u wd hv paid for the three yrs.
Projects
relocation of Imo state uni. All na wash. He has ever wanted a private uni for himself.

Payn pri/sec pupils. Do u know how much ROCHAS AND HIS MEN are making in that program?pls tell me what 1mm wd do for ur sibling for a month. Its just an avenue for chop on.
Imagin my mama with her Black skirt and white shirt and tie. Na wah oo. Uniform for teachers.
Which road hv been completed cos i know the one to my town is even a more problem at this time.
Pushing elected LG chairmen out of office. Can we do same to him?
Ohakim gave jobs to d youth, Rochas sacked them with impunity.

One thing stands out imo pple are educated. And he shd not ride our intelligence. There are families wit 9 graduates and not one is employed and he is there sewing uniforms and paying 100. An average family in Imo is academics oriented and any leader who fails to put to the front creation of jobs is already a failure.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Dede1(m): 1:35pm On Sep 07, 2012
Rochas Okorocha’s alleged Ogboni diabolical charms are failing him. He has wittingly sold few things that belonged to Imo State to his cronies in Ginikana and Roche. He has informed everybody who won the tenement of lockup stalls around Mbari vicinity to vacate so he can give the stalls to his cronies.

If this Rochas Okorocha is not a big fool, I wonder who is real a ninny. It was not long ago he willingly informed Imolites that Owerri zone has ran out of real estate to accommodated Imo State University and he has decided to relocate the school to his villege, Ogboko in Ideato South LGA.

Now he wanted the same land that was not good enough for the university but his idiotic hospitality. Owerri people simply told him to go to Orlu or Ideato to acquire land for his political cronies because Owerri land is not for sale. I guess Rochas Okorocha did not realize that Owerri is filled to the brink with full and part time lecturers both home and abroad.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Ninapha(f): 1:37pm On Sep 07, 2012
Chanchit:

. Indeed. The day we seize to be oliver Twist, we stop to exsist. We wd always want more my dear even u.

Let me tell u, the diff btw Ohakim and Rochas is this; Ohakim talks tough while Rochas talk in tears. Ohakim wd say there is no money in Imo and Rochas wd say there is money with tears and later wd say there is no money wit more tears.
If i ask u d agenda of Rochas, pls aside his acclaimed free education what else. Remember there is already UBE program to Jss 3. Now at registering SSCE, u pay almost double of what u wd hv paid for the three yrs.
Projects
relocation of Imo state uni. All na wash. He has ever wanted a private uni for himself.

Payn pri/sec pupils. Do u know how much ROCHAS AND HIS MEN are making in that program?pls tell me what 1mm wd do for ur sibling for a month. Its just an avenue for chop on.
Imagin my mama with her Black skirt and white shirt and tie. Na wah oo. Uniform for teachers.
Which road hv been completed cos i know the one to my town is even a more problem at this time.

One thing stands out imo pple are educated. And he shd not ride our intelligence. There are families wit 9 graduates and not one is employed and he is there sewing uniforms and paying 100. An average family in Imo is academics oriented and any leader who fails to put to the front creation of jobs is already a failure.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Ninapha(f): 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2012
Chanchit:

Projects

Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by franchizy(m): 1:40pm On Sep 07, 2012
I'm not suprise cos igbos r too greedy and can't b satisfied. Tufiakwa for igbos
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Dede1(m): 1:50pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ninapha: . Indeed. The day we seize to be oliver Twist, we stop to exsist. We wd always want more my dear even u.

Projects

The people who navigate to the Internet world to yarn crap are usual suspects that are not responsible to anybody or ward in Imo State. Must people in Imo State, thus praise singers of Okorocha, did not know that UBE program to JSS 3 is free nationwide. The fees for registering SSCE have jumped from 800Naira to 4500Naira since Okorocha became governor of Imo State. Yet the dude talks about free education.

It is a pure deceitful rigmarole on the part of Okorocha to fan the embers of free education to people who could train their kids regardless the price. What Imolites really want are jobs and plenty of jobs.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by rhymz(m): 1:53pm On Sep 07, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I am guessing and you weren't? shocked shocked shocked shocked

What did Mbakwe really do? I lived in that state during that period and it was about the very same things. . . touch the roads, touch some schools . . . move things around a bit . . and once he was gone . . decay showed up almost immediately. Some people in that state are sick and tired of the leaders who come in to paint buildings different colors, re-tar roads, do one or two other things and expect praises galore.

Don't ever tell me of roads in Imo state. Don't you dare . . . . it is the same problem across the country. Roads, yet millions of dollars are spent each year on the same road projects. Abeg please, put a sock in it if you have nothing substantial to add to this. I expected you to counter the part where I stated that many of these leaders come in to paint things new colors without really putting in place policies and development that last longer than their own term.

Jonathan complains of Nigerians. Okorocha complains, even Orji complains. They should all shut up and do the job they are hired to do. Let their work speak for them. They all need to shut up a bit more and do their freaking jobs.
hahahahah . . . You have become so desperate that you now resort to lies and forgeries. If I recall, you have lived in virtually every Nigerian state, a fact we get to knoe when you need to lie.
If you knew anything about Sa, Mbakwe you wont be posting the gibberish that has become your hallmark here on NL.
We all know you will do anything to start up unneccessary arguments even if it means arguing with yourself in an empty room. What a jobless jerk.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Dede1(m): 1:55pm On Sep 07, 2012
franchizy: I'm not suprise cos igbos r too greedy and can't b satisfied. Tufiakwa for igbos

Only moronic lamb dung such as you will construe political awareness as greed. I guess you shall remain behind the intellectual curve throughout your miserable life on earth.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by drnoel: 1:58pm On Sep 07, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^C'mon man, give the guy a break! I know there are few Governors that are as passionate about human development and skills aquisition like Rochas is; only a few months ago, i was impressed to watch a news story about how Imo State was going to involve young engineers from the state in 'on the job' training with any company handling projects in the state (either that was the new initiative, or it was something similar to that).

Lemme see if i can find the link.
don't believe anything like that until u see it happening or u met someone that is personally involved in the project.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Josephchuks: 2:07pm On Sep 07, 2012
WHY IS DEVELOPMENTS IN OUR STATE AND COUNTRY BE MEASURED BY THE HEIGHT OF A BUILDING ERECTED?
WHAT DRAINED THE BRAINS OF TODAY'S NIGERIAN LEADERS? RE-TOUCHING OF OLD BUILDINGS OR CONSTRUCTION OF NEW BUILDINGS
IS NEVER IN ANY WAY A CRITERIA TO MEASURE DEVELOPMENTS.DOES IT MEAN THERE CAN'T BE SITTING AND ESTABLISHMENT
OF NEW AGRO AND ALLIED INDUSTRIES IN NIGERIA AGAIN TO EMPLOY OUR EVER GROWING YOUTHS?
HOTELS ARE NO DEVELOPMENTS WHEN THERE ARE NO PLATFORM FOR EMPLOYMENTS FOR THE CITIZENS.BY THE WAY IS HOTELS LIKE THE ONES PROPOSED BY ROCHAS NOT FOR LEISURE? LEISURE FROM WHICH WORK OR LABOR? NO WONDER WE SEE THIEVES,POLITICIANS,CROCKS AND SORT OF EVIL MINDED PEOPLE EVERY DAY ALL AND AROUND OUR HOTELS. HOW MANY INDUSTRIES DO WE HAVE IN IMO STATE? AND HOW MANY IS BEING ESTABLISHED? I STAND TO BE CORRECTED THAT BOTH THE LEADERS AND THE LED SHOULD REFOCUS ON HOW
TO MAKE IMO AND NIGERIA A LIVING PLACE FOR ALL.IN OTHER HANDS GIVING FREE EDUCATION TO PROFESSORSHIP IS GOOD SO LONG AS THERE WILL BE PLACE FOR THE POTENTIAL PROFESSOR TO PRACTICE AFTER STUDIES AND IF THERE ARE NO PLACES PROVIDED FOR HIM AFTER YEARS OF STUDIES, HE MAY TURN OUT TO BE GUNMAN AND UNLEASH HIGH PROFESSIONALISM ON HANDLING GUNS THAN OUR ILL TRAINED NIGERIAN SOLDIERS THAT SEEMED ONLY TRAINED TO BEAT AND KILL INNOCENT NIGERIANS.MOST OF THIS EMPTY BRAINED LEADERS USUALLY GIVE DUBAI AS EXAMPLE FOR HOTEL ESTABLISHMENT WITHOUT TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION THE DIRE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HERE DUBAI? NO GOOD SECURITY NETWORK,NO GOOD ROAD NETWORK, NO EMPLOYMENTS, NO DISCIPLINE AMONGST THE PEOPLE AND THEY WANT TO BUILD DUBAI,TOKYO,MEW YORK,BANGKOK AND HONG KONG IN AN ATMOSPHERE WHERE ANYTHING GOES....................IS IT NOT TRADE AND COMMERCE THAT USUALLY BRINGS PEOPLE TOGETHER IN THOSE CITIES MENTIONED ABOVE? WHAT WILL BRING PEOPLE DOWN HERE IN IMO STATE? DEFINITELY OUR PRETTY AND BEAUTIFUL FEMALES AND NOTHING MORE. SO THE DREAMS OF BUILDING ANY SUCH CITIES IN ANY NIGERIAN STATE OR CITY WILL REMAIN A CHASE AFTER A WIND.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 07, 2012
Joseph chuks: WHY IS DEVELOPMENTS IN OUR STATE AND COUNTRY BE MEASURED BY THE HEIGHT OF A BUILDING ERECTED?
WHAT DRAINED THE BRAINS OF TODAY'S NIGERIAN LEADERS? RE-TOUCHING OF OLD BUILDINGS OR CONSTRUCTION OF NEW BUILDINGS
IS NEVER IN ANY WAY A CRITERIA TO MEASURE DEVELOPMENTS.DOES IT MEAN THERE CAN'T BE SITTING AND ESTABLISHMENT
OF NEW AGRO AND ALLIED INDUSTRIES IN NIGERIA AGAIN TO EMPLOY OUR EVER GROWING YOUTHS?
HOTELS ARE NO DEVELOPMENTS WHEN THERE ARE NO PLATFORM FOR EMPLOYMENTS FOR THE CITIZENS.BY THE WAY IS HOTELS LIKE THE ONES PROPOSED BY ROCHAS NOT FOR LEISURE? LEISURE FROM WHICH WORK OR LABOR? NO WONDER WE SEE THIEVES,POLITICIANS,CROCKS AND SORT OF EVIL MINDED PEOPLE EVERY DAY ALL AND AROUND OUR HOTELS. HOW MANY INDUSTRIES DO WE HAVE IN IMO STATE? AND HOW MANY IS BEING ESTABLISHED? I STAND TO BE CORRECTED THAT BOTH THE LEADERS AND THE LED SHOULD REFOCUS ON HOW
TO MAKE IMO AND NIGERIA A LIVING PLACE FOR ALL.IN OTHER HANDS GIVING FREE EDUCATION TO PROFESSORSHIP IS GOOD SO LONG AS THERE WILL BE PLACE FOR THE POTENTIAL PROFESSOR TO PRACTICE AFTER STUDIES AND IF THERE ARE NO PLACES PROVIDED FOR HIM AFTER YEARS OF STUDIES, HE MAY TURN OUT TO BE GUNMAN AND UNLEASH HIGH PROFESSIONALISM ON HANDLING GUNS THAN OUR ILL TRAINED NIGERIAN SOLDIERS THAT SEEMED ONLY TRAINED TO BEAT AND KILL INNOCENT NIGERIANS.MOST OF THIS EMPTY BRAINED LEADERS USUALLY GIVE DUBAI AS EXAMPLE FOR HOTEL ESTABLISHMENT WITHOUT TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION THE DIRE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HERE DUBAI? NO GOOD SECURITY NETWORK,NO GOOD ROAD NETWORK, NO EMPLOYMENTS, NO DISCIPLINE AMONGST THE PEOPLE AND THEY WANT TO BUILD DUBAI,TOKYO,MEW YORK,BANGKOK AND HONG KONG IN AN ATMOSPHERE WHERE ANYTHING GOES....................IS IT NOT TRADE AND COMMERCE THAT USUALLY BRINGS PEOPLE TOGETHER IN THOSE CITIES MENTIONED ABOVE? WHAT WILL BRING PEOPLE DOWN HERE IN IMO STATE? DEFINITELY OUR PRETTY AND BEAUTIFUL FEMALES AND NOTHING MORE. SO THE DREAMS OF BUILDING ANY SUCH CITIES IN ANY NIGERIAN STATE OR CITY WILL REMAIN A CHASE AFTER A WIND.

You make a lot of sense. There should be a platform where imolites should start thinking and putting their brains to good work.

No more so called hospitality. We need to diversity. Every imolite should think of something too and not wait for the government to do everything for them.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by rhymz(m): 2:41pm On Sep 07, 2012
There is no doubt amongst Imolites that Owelle realy wants change and is determined to do so, I think the problem lies in his unorthodox method and sometimes undemocratic resort.
I am of the opinion that his problem started when he undemocratically sacked the LG chiefs and his less that tactical manner in which he handled the trap Ohakin set for him with the appointments of his 10,000 jobs program which we all know was a ruse to cause problems in the absence of his government.
The numerous road constructions going on, which ordinarily would have been a thing of joy to imolite has become one of the major problems. The unorthodox manner in which every tom dick and harry was given the awrad to build, reconstruct and repair without taking into consideration their expertise and ability to deliver the job has become a sour taste in the tongue of imolites. Most of the contractors handling the Job, I am told are not professionals or seemed committed to the contracts awarded else they would have known that the rainy season was by the corner and limited the scope of their work to what can be done at the given time. His education policy while it is well intentioned seemed far-fetched and unsustainable, it is not even a priority to begine with. He is letting hi welfarist ideology to hinder his ability to prioritize what is feasible, sustainable and a good policy to drive his in good intentions. Anyway, let us still give him time, I still maintain that he is better than most of his contemporaries.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by pearlhapi(f): 3:55pm On Sep 07, 2012
M
CHESSBOARD:

This garri will put u for trouble grin grin grin...anyway whats ur state
lolz•my state is delta plus garri is a meal why shud it get me into trouble na
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by chievo: 3:56pm On Sep 07, 2012
Dudu_Negro: Is this the same guy Igbos want to field for 2015 presidential run? I thought ibos say this guy is on same level with Fashola....shyyyytt!

Gaddem!! nobody want yanmiri, even their own governor is disheartened by their greed and lack of appreciation for value.

Double wahala for deadi bodi and the owner of dea..............
.......Must u cment?...Ezii
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by DuduNegro: 3:57pm On Sep 07, 2012
afam4eva: Ojukwu also complained of the same thing when he was in charge of eastern Nigeria. I think it's about Igbos and not just Imolites. The individualistic nature of Igbo makes it possible for almost everyone to have different views on an issue and thereby making it very difficult to come to a consensus. It's different from what is obtained in the North and to a lesser extent in the south-west where Pseudo-Authoritarianism is a virtue. The problem that comes with governing Ndi-Igbo is just a typical problem that exists in any over-democratic and egalitarian society.

You are making what is already bad worse with this statement. Your view supports, and as an igbo man, cements the knowledge that igbo are generally inept in building and sustaining HEALTHY social relationships in a multi culturally diverse environment. You are unfit to lead the nation and you madr it clear here why Ojukwu failed to rise beyond regional power and why no igbo is on the top five list of eligible candidates for the Presidency.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Kobojunkie: 4:00pm On Sep 07, 2012
Olodostein:

Bro, I couldn't agree more. One of the things I love about Imolites is that we are not sycophants. Almost everyone is politically and socially aware of what is happening in their state. From keke driver to Ugu seller. Democracy is vibrant in Imo. This is why he said Imolites are difficult to govern.

There is growing awareness about how the university free education system works. It is said that only 30% admission slot is given to imolites in imo state institutions while other 70% are student from other states who pay tuition fee which is inturn used to finance the so called free education. Now, you have thousands of imolites competing for the 30% slot. Unsurprisingly, these forms are given to community leaders who solicit for bribes to give highest bidders preferential treatment. The last time i was home, i overheard a middle aged man telling a young prospective student at a bar on how he can help him get this form; through the back door of course.

On the secondary and primary level, he is trying. The road project, they say its on hold because of the raining season.... We will give them till december to see if things progresses.

Imolites are not materialistic robots; carried away by penny na afu and devoid of critical minds. We demand accountability.

We don't want deceit. Be yourself and govern the people with a honest and open mind or else be ready to go the Ohakim lane.

Thank you!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ / Fayose: Nigerians Want Solutions, Not Buhari’s Meetings With Political Wanderers / The Issue Of Dual Citizenship.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.