Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,135 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha (9824 Views)

Imolites Storm Freedom Falls; Appreciate Gov. Okorocha (photos) / Buhari Lacks Clear Cut Direction On How To Govern Nigeria – PDP / A Group Of Imolites Protests Against Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by asha80(m): 8:34am On Sep 07, 2012
Kobojunkie:

um . . balderdash . . . it could simply be that people are no longer impressed with road projects and painting of streets and the lot which they have come to be used to. What they want now is tangible changes that, even after he is gone, they can state will remain.
you are just guessing.i know that state well.mbakwe also witnessed similar stuff although reduced.only if you know the mentality of the average civil servant and politician there.which roads?you are talking as if imo state really has roads.if you do not know roads are one the things lacking in the state.if the people like let them not get really enterpreneurial(excluding orlu and ideato folks)
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Ikengawo: 9:21am On Sep 07, 2012
obu ejiokwu. nde obodo anyi wu nde nsobu. Anyi fu ife oma anyi ga noro ngwo bachiyaya onu. Ife rochas megga awudi ife ojo. Kanyi ye ya aka, nor na azu ya.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by free2ryhme: 9:24am On Sep 07, 2012
Acidosis: September 6, 2012 | 1:08 pm
News
BY CHIDI NKWOPARA, OWERRI.

Imo State Governor, Chief Rochas Okorocha, has described Imolites as “very difficult to govern”, following a plethora of petitions and scathing opposition coming from several quarters.

Chief Okorocha gave the verdict when he had a breakfast meeting with members of Independent Newspaper Publishers Association, INPA, in Government House, Owerri..

He lamented that despite massive road construction, his free education to the tertiary level, construction of general hospitals in the 27 local council areas, all geared towards uplifting the welfare of the citizenry, “some people are still
not appreciative of my efforts”.

The Governor sympathized with former governors Achike Udenwa and Chief Ikedi Ohakim over what they passed through while in office and came to the conclusion that “Imo people are very difficult to govern”.

Continuing, Chief Okorocha expressed shock that rather than partner with him in developing the state, some people busy themselves with waging battles at all costs.against him.

He recalled what his administration passed through in the hands of Owerri people when he wanted to build a hospitality industry in thedisputed Area K, World Bank Housing Estate, Owerri, stressing that the project has now been transferred to Oguta.

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/imolites-are-difficult-to-govern-okorocha/

a typical Ibo man would not want any development from which he will not benefit directly financially... Why do u think they always refer to themselves as autonomous before the village/town name follows ... They are greedy
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by profola2be(m): 9:26am On Sep 07, 2012
super1759-:
If he is complaining because of small imo state. How about ruling NIGERIA,with different tribes and their wahala. It means he shouldn't bother contesting for presidency in the near future.
the thing done HIT the guy.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 07, 2012
It's a pity.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by ujchief(m): 9:34am On Sep 07, 2012
See as scavengers are circling on the thread, looking for who to devour! Hehehehehe
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by pearlhapi(f): 9:37am On Sep 07, 2012
The fact that he complained doesn't mean he's not fit to vie for the position of a president come 2015,people always read wrong meanings to virtually everything•he is working and that is why he's bold enough to tell it to the face of everyone that he's people are difficult.imagine someone like the governor of delta state saying he's people are difficult[that would be the biggest joke of the year]

2 Likes

Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by ifihearam: 9:38am On Sep 07, 2012
U see what I mean,common imo state he complains and some of you here will throw insults at GEJ,you won't understand what it means until you hold a leadership position. Some men here find it very difficult to govern their homes well but still has the audacity to criticise the president ruling over 150million people with diverse culture,mentality and orientation....please think twice before bashing.

1 Like

Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Johnsinia(m): 9:39am On Sep 07, 2012
If imo as a single state is diffict 2 rule, wat wil happen wen u eventually bcum president of 36 sturborn state + fct

2 Likes

Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by ifihearam: 9:39am On Sep 07, 2012
pearl~hapi:
The fact that he complained doesn't mean he's not fit to vie for the position of a president come 2015,people always read wrong meanings to virtually everything•he is working and that is why he's bold enough to tell it to the face of everyone that he's people are difficult.imagine someone like the governor of delta state saying he's people are difficult[that would be the biggest joke of the year]

My dear he should not even think of vying not to talk of winning because it WILL NEVER be possible
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 07, 2012
Clerverly: Then you resign and your worries would be over grin
Kobojunkie:

Right on!!

Why u guys( Yorubas) will always want anything IGBO to be set back, You want one of our main action Governor to resigned, then ur head is full of garbage.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Afam4eva(m): 9:45am On Sep 07, 2012
Ojukwu also complained of the same thing when he was in charge of eastern Nigeria. I think it's about Igbos and not just Imolites. The individualistic nature of Igbo makes it possible for almost everyone to have different views on an issue and thereby making it very difficult to come to a consensus. It's different from what is obtained in the North and to a lesser extent in the south-west where Pseudo-Authoritarianism is a virtue. The problem that comes with governing Ndi-Igbo is just a typical problem that exists in any over-democratic and egalitarian society.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 07, 2012
I don't really know the particular set of imo people who are complaining,but Orlu were I come from we are not complaining.infact,since the beginning of his administration,we have witnessed massive development in Orlu local government and Orlu zone in general.even my village is part of the developmental process.if people are complaining,its because he is working.everyone wants a change in his own area.meanwhile,we already have too much of hotels in owerri including fast food restaurants.spreading it to other areas of the state isn't a bad idea.Rochas Okorocha is the best Governor imo state has ever produced and I must say he deserves to be a nigerian president!
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by safarigirl(f): 9:51am On Sep 07, 2012
Whoever said the man is complaining...he's only making an hönest observation on his people. If you say he's complaining, then it's assumed that when Africans say Nigerians are arrogant and loud, they're complaining, and when it's said that Igbos are greedy, Yorubas are unfaithful and Hausas are uneducated(stereotypes btw), it's all complaints. At least he admits he's up against a tough crowd, isn't he better than GEJ who's always 'on top of the situation'? Governance is not easy on any level, most people castigating have never even been class captains, but dem dey follow talk.

3 Likes

Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by asha80(m): 9:52am On Sep 07, 2012
afam4eva: Ojukwu also complained of the same thing when he was in charge of eastern Nigeria. I think it's about Igbos and not just Imolites. The individualistic nature of Igbo makes it possible for almost everyone to have different views on an issue and thereby making it very difficult to come to a consensus. It's different from what is obtained in the North and to a lesser extent in the south-west where Pseudo-Authoritarianism is a virtue. The problem that comes with governing Ndi-Igbo is just a typical problem that exists in any over-democratic and egalitarian society.
what you just said reminds me of what peter obi faced when he first governor.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by pearlhapi(f): 9:52am On Sep 07, 2012
ifihearam:

My dear he should not even think of vying not to talk of winning because it WILL NEVER be possible
u are just tribalistic•well am not ibo anyways but I can beat my chest to say dat man is fit to vye for wateva positions he so wishes!and if you think he shudnt even go there nor think of it then just bring up ur reasons cos I wunt take it that u r disquallifying him simply out of a maybe true comment he made•
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 07, 2012
ifihearam:

and who are you to say he can't contest for presidency? what powers do you have to stop him? it your type who has made GEJ unable to rule nigeria well because of your negative thought and bad bellerism.if Rochas comes out to contest,you will be shocked at the kind of support he will get! So always pray for good things to come and stop using your mouth to castigate.

1 Like

Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by eyenCalabar(m): 9:56am On Sep 07, 2012
it is natural to speak your mind no matter your position. it is true that Imo people are very difficult to lead and we know it.
the governor was simply saying his mind. he didn't say he is not equal to the task. haven't you taken an exam that you say it was too hard and yet you made an A..
why do we like politicizing everything? if you can't follow well then it is obvious you can never lead well.
- Hector

2 Likes

Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by pearlhapi(f): 9:57am On Sep 07, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Why u guys( Yorubas) will always want anything IGBO to be set back, You want one of our main action Governor to resigned, then ur head is full of garbage.
lmao!maybe due to past records of some ibos[maybe I said]but that really doesn't mean the likes of okorocha aint gud enough to rule our country
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Ogosoga: 10:00am On Sep 07, 2012
Rochas we know that you are doing well in governance but you will do well by moving some of your project out of Owerri which
is truly saturated, places like Oguta needs development as one of your state tourist center, I have visted Oguta lake about
3 times and that place is a God given site for your state development.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:02am On Sep 07, 2012
Can we get one thing straight regarding what Rochas said: saying a people are difficult to govern is not the same thing as saying a people are impossible to govern; so all these snide and rushed remarks by the usual suspects about him leaving the kitchen if the heats too hot, or not being capable of higher office b'cos of his remarks should be seen for what they are.

What he is saying regarding Imo state is true; there's so much negative politicking and resorting to a rigid/uncompromising stand on issues by entrenched interests; but they fail to realise that things have changed and the era of wasteful spending, godfathers, political thugs and rent-seekers in governance are over.

Rochas should know a lot of the insecurity and other challenges he faces (if checked well wink) can be traced to the ousted PDP led gov't in the state and the crooks and thugs that were benefiting from the waste and corruption it was known for, so he shouldn't really be surprised.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by blumail: 10:03am On Sep 07, 2012
You can never please everybody, you only have to do what is right & leave the rest to God. To those criticizing, do they think it's easy?
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by pearlhapi(f): 10:07am On Sep 07, 2012
eyenCalabar: it is natural to speak your mind no matter your position. it is true that Imo people are very difficult to lead and we know it.
the governor was simply saying his mind. he didn't say he is not equal to the task. haven't you taken an exam that you say it was too hard and yet you made an A..
why do we like politicizing everything? if you can't follow well then it is obvious you can never lead well.
- Hector
liked [one million times]
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 07, 2012
'
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by pearlhapi(f): 10:12am On Sep 07, 2012
dozydre: This is not good for mochas and his political ambitions, u don't give ur enemies a shoulder to leen on. U hav the mandate, prove that the struggles of the imolites in doing that is not in vain. Back to work 'MR'
dear its rochas not mochas
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Kobojunkie: 10:16am On Sep 07, 2012
asha 80: you are just guessing.i know that state well.mbakwe also witnessed similar stuff although reduced.only if you know the mentality of the average civil servant and politician there.which roads?you are talking as if imo state really has roads.if you do not know roads are one the things lacking in the state.if the people like let them not get really enterpreneurial(excluding orlu and ideato folks)

I am guessing and you weren't? shocked shocked shocked shocked

What did Mbakwe really do? I lived in that state during that period and it was about the very same things. . . touch the roads, touch some schools . . . move things around a bit . . and once he was gone . . decay showed up almost immediately. Some people in that state are sick and tired of the leaders who come in to paint buildings different colors, re-tar roads, do one or two other things and expect praises galore.

Don't ever tell me of roads in Imo state. Don't you dare . . . . it is the same problem across the country. Roads, yet millions of dollars are spent each year on the same road projects. Abeg please, put a sock in it if you have nothing substantial to add to this. I expected you to counter the part where I stated that many of these leaders come in to paint things new colors without really putting in place policies and development that last longer than their own term.

Jonathan complains of Nigerians. Okorocha complains, even Orji complains. They should all shut up and do the job they are hired to do. Let their work speak for them. They all need to shut up a bit more and do their freaking jobs.

1 Like

Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 07, 2012
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by pearlhapi(f): 10:19am On Sep 07, 2012
dozydre: thanks for bringing that to my notice, but i cant forget the name of my governor..lol
olodo!so he's even your governon•am sure you soaked too much garri yesternyt
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by super1760: 10:20am On Sep 07, 2012
But truly imolites are stubborn. There hobby is majorly breaking rules
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 07, 2012
pearl~hapi:
olodo!so he's even your governon•am sure you soaked too much garri yesternyt
Were u trying to say governor?
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by asha80(m): 10:23am On Sep 07, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I am guessing and you weren't? shocked shocked shocked shocked

What did Mbakwe really do? I lived in that state during that period and it was about the very same things. . . touch the roads, touch some schools . . . move things around a bit . . and once he was gone . . decay showed up almost immediately. Some people in that state are sick and tired of the leaders who come in to paint buildings different colors, re-tar roads, do one or two other things and expect praises galore.

Don't ever tell me of roads in Imo state. Don't you dare . . . . it is the same problem across all of Nigeria. Roads, yet millions of dollars are spent each year on the same road projects. Abeg please, put a sock in it if you have nothing substantial to add to this. I expected you to counter the part where I stated that many of these leaders come in to paint things new colors without really putting in place policies and development that last longer than their own term.

Jonathan complains of Nigerians. Okorocha complains, even Orji complains. They should all shut up and do the job they are hired to do. Let their work speak for them. They all need to shut up a bit more and do their freaking jobs.
alright tell me the tangible things you mean.also are you telling me that is mbakwe's fault that people that came after him could not maintain what he did?
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by pearlhapi(f): 10:28am On Sep 07, 2012
dozydre: Were u trying to say governor?
lmao!funny you btw atleast I know the name of the governor of my state!just stop soaking garri biko

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola / PDP Sokoto Accuse Tambuwal Of Betrayal, Anti-party Activities / APC Supporters Protest, Block Ondo Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.