Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,080 members, 7,957,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:11 AM

Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court (21813 Views)

Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit / Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 09, 2012
seyibrown: I am ashamed that Bishop Oyedepo has not apologized publicly (or even privately) for what he did publicly and that any defence of his actions is even being put up. If this is what he does in public, what does he do in private? If the poor girl had physical bodyguards would he have slapped her? I don't think so. I put myself in the shoes of that helpless girl; It was her against thousands and thousands of people in that auditorium, and she'll carry that emotional and psychological wounds of that assault until someone helps her find proper healing! What is stopping Bishop Oyedepo from issuing an apology ?? Pride, arrogance .... definitely not fruits of the spirit! He has possibly alienated that girl and thousands of others from christ by assaulting her and continuing to refuse to apologise. That ain't Christ-like! If justice took its proper course in this matter, the Bishop will be liable to pay compensation to the girl! We should not tolerate ANYBODY abusing women and children in the name of them being witches/wizards!

Brilliant!!! I support common sense
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by DeepSight(m): 9:48pm On Sep 09, 2012
seyibrown: I am ashamed that Bishop Oyedepo has not apologized publicly (or even privately) for what he did publicly and that any defence of his actions is even being put up. If this is what he does in public, what does he do in private? If the poor girl had physical bodyguards would he have slapped her? I don't think so. I put myself in the shoes of that helpless girl; It was her against thousands and thousands of people in that auditorium, and she'll carry that emotional and psychological wounds of that assault until someone helps her find proper healing! What is stopping Bishop Oyedepo from issuing an apology ?? Pride, arrogance .... definitely not fruits of the spirit! He has possibly alienated that girl and thousands of others from christ by assaulting her and continuing to refuse to apologise. That ain't Christ-like! If justice took its proper course in this matter, the Bishop will be liable to pay compensation to the girl! We should not tolerate ANYBODY abusing women and children in the name of them being witches/wizards!

Word!
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by yorubanation: 10:23pm On Sep 09, 2012
Baba witch, baba wizard for official criminals, bunkerers and pro-establishment sleaze-makers and govt.treasury looters!
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by OmoAlata(f): 10:33pm On Sep 09, 2012
valdprof: look at ur spelling of 'witch' I have assessed ur mental power ....no need talking to u....maybe ur mama get a witch-detecting machine

Valdprof, if you go on youtube and see the video, the girl says, "I'm a winch for Jesus" hence why peeps take the mickey by saying, "winch" wink
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Kay17: 10:40pm On Sep 09, 2012
Deep Sight:

Obviously you were born to fill the deficit of st.upidity existing in the world at the time of your birth.

That deficit is now no longer existing: in fact there is a surplus of st.upidity now in the world:

As such your existence is no longer required.

I will recommend that you commit a quiet suicide by hanging in your bedroom as a generous and altruistic gift to humanity,

Much appreciated.

I remain,

Your comrade in the defense of human intellect,

Deep Sight

Unsurprisingly the guy might be an IT or banking professional, or some sophisticated field. But in matters of religion, the spirit of stupodity descends upon him.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by judiscokis: 11:26pm On Sep 09, 2012
The girl dat is involve in d first place was not forced to come out,it was an altar call for witches and bishop repeated it,if u know u are a witch not u think.and the girl came out with the power of GOD dat was at work.for only her to say am a witch of God which bishop sees as blasphemy n dat only anger came which resulted to d slap.even d girl involve has apologise to bishop.so I dnt know on behalf of wh d lawyer is litigating for.
One thing is sure God is involve and I know he will not put his servant and his name to shame.let's watch and see..

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by ogodoamos: 11:43pm On Sep 09, 2012
I thank GOD that persons like me will not go to such a church.I've known him for long that he was out for JUST BUSINESS(MONEY).God has been using so many ways to speak to this so called bishop but he wouldn't listen,is busy buying JETS,building estates,universities etc.This man is a business man who is only out for MONEY.So,what do u expect?If u like say I'm passing a judgement.I've not said he'll go to HELL, because he might repent tomorrow.U judge,when u put a final conclusion to someone's life.Jesus never did that,instead he was humble unto death.How can u cast out an evil spirit by a slap,when the BIBLE says that we wrestle not AGAINST FLESH AND BLOOD.I know that people will not say the truth,especially his members when it comes to this.I CANNOT BE DECEIVED,FOR I KNOW THOSE WHO'R TRUELLY SERVING GOD.By their fruts ye shall know them.EVEN IF THE SO-CALLED BISHOP HAD SHOT THAT GIRL WITH A GUN,U WOULD STILL SEE POEPLE WHO WOULD SUPPORT HIM.ANYWAY U MAY WANT TO LOOK AT IT,IT'S WRONG TO SLAP SOMEBODY IN CHURCH.Remember the so called Rev KING,he gave a slap and also burnt somebody in church.OYEDEPO,the so called bishop will soon get somebody burnt in church for one SIN or the other.I'm not afraid of man.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by benity: 11:59pm On Sep 09, 2012
these lawyer sef is very funny what happened isnt a law issue but a church issue . nobody dragged the girl outside but she came herself it was even asked like twice what she does and she said she was a witch for jesus.let me tell u people something if you are jesus servant there is nothing you cannot do for jesus. it was said in the bible also that suffer not a witch to live. so because he thinks he is lawyer or what he has to be very careful in dealing with jesus matters. why cant he go to some church that they sleep with women or they beat them and why is he so particular after the case afterall the girl was never in court so y fighting for a case for his own benefits. sha i dont blame him he wants to make quick fame and popularity in a funny way but is it possible which i dont think so
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by ogodoamos: 12:10am On Sep 10, 2012
The bible says suffer not the witch to live,show me anywhere somebody got a slap in the bible because he was a witch? Pretenders!
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by peterkokobu: 12:24am On Sep 10, 2012
Instead of u to say the truth,u'r busy talking about lawyer.People who dont want to say the truth are those talking about lawyer.The man has done wrong.He is wrong;he is wrong no matter how u want to put it.Although BISHOP is my pastor,but in this case,he is wrong.Let him be humble enough to appologise to the girl.That girl appologised to him because of his position not because she was wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by nezer76(m): 12:56am On Sep 10, 2012
Jackie_25: This case will not make any headway until the lawyer produces the said girl and from what I see he has never met the young lady yet he wants N2billion compensation! This lawyer sef. SMH
u av just said it all igbinedor or whtever name or status he is in the legal luminary i think he fails to or he is blinded to the provision of requirer statues and provisions in the last part of ChapterIV of the amended 1999 constitution ,section 46 says"Any person who alleges that any of the provision of this chapter has been, is likely to be contravened in any state in relation to him may apply to a high court in that state for redress" a clause has degenerate from this provision which is 'in relation to him'the position of the law is crystal clear on this 'anyone who deem fit that his/her right has been infringed upon 'may' which is conditional approach d court, nt d lawyer or sympathizer. If dis girl felt agrrived over the slap their re people in the position of her local parentee who can apply 4 service of igbinedon nt igbinedon standing as a cousel and a victim. So it conotes therefor that the case is dat of barister igbinedon vs. Oyedepo instead of d poor girl vs. Oyedepo . To this effect i think barister igbinedon has no locus standi to pursue this case in question. On another development lets assuming the learned jugde of d court of first instant did nt in his magnanimum sarcasity throw out d case as he did moreso that the accaimed cousel to this girl successfuly bring her to d court for claims, i believe igbinedon shld know that in tortious offences like this, certain things must be proved b4 claims are awarded. (1). Degree of damage section 34 ,1999 const. Of Nig "every individual is entitle to respect for dignity of his person and accordingly (a)no person shall be subject to torture or inhuman or degrading treatment(b) no person shall be held in slavery or sertitude and (b)no person shall be required to perform force or compursory labour. But according to Niki Tobi J.C.A while deciding a case of lik manner says"the word torture etymologically means to put a person to some form of pain which could be extreme. It also means to put a person to some form of anguish or excessive pain"..from this i know that the degree of pain inflict in d cause of assult is also important. So d lawyer needs to prove to d court dat the victim suffers great damager from d cause of the slap. It is nt enough that he slaped somebody and it is on video footage as evidence that attracts compensation it is material that u prove that u incur some form of damage or peril and to the best of my understandin the only damage this little girl can suffer is just d name 'u are a witch' called by friends or relatives which for now it immaterial via her age under d law she is recognise as a'minor' who can only sued through her next of kin or any1 in her local parenties whom igbinenor is nt any. He has also failed to present b4 d court registry a consent of authority from d girl showing that he has being authorize by her to prosecute oyedepo on behalf. Upon all these it shows dat he is only actin in his personal capacity. Dont let us also forget that consent is a vital element in pursuing liabilities like this. Oyedepo is the owner of his premises the only duty of care he owed his church members is reasonable measure of security to absord him of negligent exclude reasonable slap in d course of his ministration which i think is one of the reasons y d young girl came there. Let look at it frm this point a footballer who march to d football pitch shld definately be expecting assault 4m one corner or d other during d course of d match bt have we ever heared of a court where dis player are tried 4 all these attacks. It is simply becos their consent to all dis injuries has been automatically drafted out d moment they put in for the game this is an important exception we must note i.e consent for any spiritual activities has been presume given to leaders of d church d moment u steped into the church premises nt to talk of going to the pastor's alter. Finally there is no court in d whole world even the so called european convension who assumesd a pionering role in the enforcement of human right, that will awards compensation to a non juristic person 'miss justice' as barister iginedon called it is nt an entity created by or known to d law it is simply a persona non gratta so can not sue in any court or be sued example assuming it is 'miss justice' who slaped oyedepo who would oyedepo sued? In conclusion barister iginedon has done well in seeing an injustics and fight for it but he shld endevour to take up cases dat re more reasonable and life changing. We have a lot of awaiting trails detainees in our prisons nationwide let him take up one instead of witch hunting ministers God abt at least if he succeeded he has successful given life 2 sm1 unjustly incarcirated than pursuing an impossibillia 2billon naira damages
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by nezer76(m): 1:12am On Sep 10, 2012
ogodoamos: The bible says suffer not the witch to live,show me anywhere somebody got a slap in the bible because he was a witch? Pretenders!

infact smthing worst than a slap happened to witches in d bible Wht happened to Jezebel d queen?
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by maryuuj: 1:29am On Sep 10, 2012
Who gave her a slap?
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by maryuuj: 1:32am On Sep 10, 2012
Some people think,they'll be given money when they support the evil works of oyedepo
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by abproffy: 2:03am On Sep 10, 2012
nezer76:
infact smthing worst than a slap happened to witches in d bible Wht happened to Jezebel d queen?
We are not in BC any more, This is 2012AD.
Mind Ɣ☺ΰ christians are only a fraction of the worlds population and the law is ₪☺ respecter of Religion nor persons.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by digospel2: 2:51am On Sep 10, 2012
This lawyer is going too far. It's better for him now to repent and continue with his legal profession else receive confusion in his learned brain when The Advocate of Heaven will Arise for His servant. grin
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Yucee55(m): 8:25am On Sep 10, 2012
My Dear, I do not have the effrontery to question the provisions in the Holy Book: Everything written therein are Holy Spirit inspired and TRUE.
ifeness:

Because Matthew 5:17 says that doesn't make it true,does it? Anyone can say and write anything,it doesn't mean it is true. Moreover i am a native of West Africa,not a Jew. My people also claimed Oduduwa came from the sky, that doesn't make it true.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 10, 2012
Yucee55: My Dear, I do not have the effrontery to question the provisions in the Holy Book: Everything written therein are Holy Spirit inspired and TRUE.

Do you realize the bible doesn't hold value to some people? So if you wanna deal with people,you need to find out if the use of quotes off the bible would make sense to them. I think for myself,i dont act because someone wrote down some rules somewhere in a book.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Kay17: 10:09am On Sep 10, 2012
nezer76:
u av just said it all igbinedor or whtever name or status he is in the legal luminary i think he fails to or he is blinded to the provision of requirer statues and provisions in the last part of ChapterIV of the amended 1999 constitution ,section 46 says"Any person who alleges that any of the provision of this chapter has been, is likely to be contravened in any state in relation to him may apply to a high court in that state for redress" a clause has degenerate from this provision which is 'in relation to him'the position of the law is crystal clear on this 'anyone who deem fit that his/her right has been infringed upon 'may' which is conditional approach d court, nt d lawyer or sympathizer. If dis girl felt agrrived over the slap their re people in the position of her local parentee who can apply 4 service of igbinedon nt igbinedon standing as a cousel and a victim. So it conotes therefor that the case is dat of barister igbinedon vs. Oyedepo instead of d poor girl vs. Oyedepo . To this effect i think barister igbinedon has no locus standi to pursue this case in question. On another development lets assuming the learned jugde of d court of first instant did nt in his magnanimum sarcasity throw out d case as he did moreso that the accaimed cousel to this girl successfuly bring her to d court for claims, i believe igbinedon shld know that in tortious offences like this, certain things must be proved b4 claims are awarded. (1). Degree of damage section 34 ,1999 const. Of Nig "every individual is entitle to respect for dignity of his person and accordingly (a)no person shall be subject to torture or inhuman or degrading treatment(b) no person shall be held in slavery or sertitude and (b)no person shall be required to perform force or compursory labour. But according to Niki Tobi J.C.A while deciding a case of lik manner says"the word torture etymologically means to put a person to some form of pain which could be extreme. It also means to put a person to some form of anguish or excessive pain"..from this i know that the degree of pain inflict in d cause of assult is also important. So d lawyer needs to prove to d court dat the victim suffers great damager from d cause of the slap. It is nt enough that he slaped somebody and it is on video footage as evidence that attracts compensation it is material that u prove that u incur some form of damage or peril and to the best of my understandin the only damage this little girl can suffer is just d name 'u are a witch' called by friends or relatives which for now it immaterial via her age under d law she is recognise as a'minor' who can only sued through her next of kin or any1 in her local parenties whom igbinenor is nt any. He has also failed to present b4 d court registry a consent of authority from d girl showing that he has being authorize by her to prosecute oyedepo on behalf. Upon all these it shows dat he is only actin in his personal capacity. Dont let us also forget that consent is a vital element in pursuing liabilities like this. Oyedepo is the owner of his premises the only duty of care he owed his church members is reasonable measure of security to absord him of negligent exclude reasonable slap in d course of his ministration which i think is one of the reasons y d young girl came there. Let look at it frm this point a footballer who march to d football pitch shld definately be expecting assault 4m one corner or d other during d course of d match bt have we ever heared of a court where dis player are tried 4 all these attacks. It is simply becos their consent to all dis injuries has been automatically drafted out d moment they put in for the game this is an important exception we must note i.e consent for any spiritual activities has been presume given to leaders of d church d moment u steped into the church premises nt to talk of going to the pastor's alter. Finally there is no court in d whole world even the so called european convension who assumesd a pionering role in the enforcement of human right, that will awards compensation to a non juristic person 'miss justice' as barister iginedon called it is nt an entity created by or known to d law it is simply a persona non gratta so can not sue in any court or be sued example assuming it is 'miss justice' who slaped oyedepo who would oyedepo sued? In conclusion barister iginedon has done well in seeing an injustics and fight for it but he shld endevour to take up cases dat re more reasonable and life changing. We have a lot of awaiting trails detainees in our prisons nationwide let him take up one instead of witch hunting ministers God abt at least if he succeeded he has successful given life 2 sm1 unjustly incarcirated than pursuing an impossibillia 2billon naira damages

You wrote rubbish! although I'm not a lawyer, when did assault become negligence?? It is a simple case of assault and could extend to a criminal liability. Also there is no implied consent for the loss of one's dignity in a place of worship, there is no exercise involving physciality, the only common interest there is to worship but being battered publicly.

This isn't torture either, and its standards wouldn't be used against simple assault.

Especially in matrimonial cases, names of the parties are found substituted with alphabets and whatever, despite not being juristic persons.

Hope you know what persona no grata means?!
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Chiefpriest(m): 10:23am On Sep 10, 2012
You just prove to d whole world that you are a very foolish creature.tell Jesus to apologise to traders he chased away frm church for selling in d church.I dont care if you witches have form a union to defend one of ur own if u bring to church next sunday to repeat d blasphemy she will be slap very well again in both chin and stone.
peterkokobu: Instead of u to say the truth,u'r busy talking about lawyer.People who dont want to say the truth are those talking about lawyer.The man has done wrong.He is wrong;he is wrong no matter how u want to put it.Although BISHOP is my pastor,but in this case,he is wrong.Let him be humble enough to appologise to the girl.That girl appologised to him because of his position not because she was wrong.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Olumogun: 10:25am On Sep 10, 2012
ifeness:

Do you realize the bible doesn't hold value to some people? So if you wanna deal with people,you need to find out if the use of quotes off the bible would make sense to them. I think for myself,i dont act because someone wrote down some rules somewhere in a book.

who ever find his way into a CHURCH definitely must have agree that the Bible hold value and so should be willing to conform to the terms and practices. I am not placing my vote behind the Bishop slapping the "witch for Christ" however, when it become spiritual issues you cannot question a "prophet". Jesus spat on the ground, made a mud (clay) and pasted the same across the eyes of a blind man. that in itself to the "un-spiritual" is a violation of the blind man's right.
My sincere advice is: if you can't follow the "WAYS" of the prophets, don't go to them.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by AnuYakubu(m): 10:27am On Sep 10, 2012
We should expect stuffs like tkie this at the end times. When Jesus was on earth, he condemned some of the religious leaders of his days(pharisees and saducees). He also foretold that in the end times, fake prophets would rise and decieve many.
One thing I am sure of is that divine wisdom is not violent but the scriptures say it is first of all chaste, then peaceable,.... full of mercy and good fruits, ......, not hypocritical(James 3:17). James 3:13 says: who is wise and understanding among you? let him show out of his fine conduct, his works with a mildness that belong to wisdom.(Trust me, there is no mildness or meekness in slapping, if you dont believe me, pay an Army or Mobile policeman to give you hot slaps, then revert back).
1Tim 3:1,5 implies that we are living in the last days which are critical to deal with, where there will be men having form of godly devotion but prove false to its power, and the scriptures continue to warn us that we should turn away from these ones.
Whether the lawyer eventually wins the case in this world filled with injustice or not, it is noteworthy for each and everyone to sit back and look into the activities of those who claimed to be Man of God, if they are truly so.
Come to think of it, nobody dey there when God called them, they only came out to tell the public that they were called. If they are bold enough to do that, we should be bold enough to check their activities whether they are saying the truth, the scriptures are their to assist us.
My major concern is not that he slapped that poor girl, but he still stood in front of his brainwashed audience to brag and boast about it saying he would do so over and over again(acting carelessly as though he is unquestionable, and yet they could not correct him, but would rather hail him and continue to enrich him with thier tithe. He even has the audacity to even engage a lawyer to defend his error.
That poor girl sounded like someone with little knowledge(illierate i assume) in the video, i can easily conclude that the poor girl might not even understand fully what she was saying, because she was contradicting herself by saying '' I am not a witch, but i am a with for christ'' which suggest a kind of overzealousness. The Big man couldnt even laugh at it and correct the poor girl and teach her the truth about christ, rather he started slapping. One thing I know is that what goes aroud comes back around, the measure with which you measure out, shall be measured back unto you.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by nezer76(m): 10:31am On Sep 10, 2012
abproffy:
We are not in BC any more, This is 2012AD.
Mind Ɣ☺ΰ christians are only a fraction of the worlds population and the law is ₪☺ respecter of Religion nor persons.

still dont let us forget that the law is there only to cub our excess,regulate our ways of life nt to eradicate ways of life . On a light mode my brother i think i disagree with u dat xtian is a fraction of population 'no' wht i would expect u 2 say is dat religion generally is a way of life which can nt be eraditacated but regularize against it excesses. hence the need for customary law and d sharia law will nt be necessary. U will realize that the African charter adpoted in 1979 by 63 members of d now AU except Morocco equally guaranteed the right of every1 to practice the religion of his/her own choice and this does not exclude the primary rules and norms applicable in that religion for example d received sharia law states (a)any1 dat steals another fellow property shall by amputated on dat very hand he stole with,(b) unto any muslim brother who have d finacial ability can take unto himself more than 1 wife (c) as an husband in d shaira practice region u are entitle to beat ur wife to a reasonable extent b4 it amount to crime while on d contrary these three are the reverse here subject to d received english law in practice in our region (a) and (c) as in aboved item will be prevail by section 36 of d constitution and section 1 subsection 3 of d same constitution while item (b) will amount to bigarmy. We can see the different laws at work oppositely and yet still invoke here among us. Here are some testimony of the practice of this norms amist us. in zamfara the man who confess to stealin a cow and got his arm amputated, shld we say his a victim of acade rules or wht or the constitution was nt at work for him where as thousands of armed robbers get bailed both in court and police base on d fact dat his freedom can nt be overemphasy and d tens of fraudster released by d EFCC at custody and court on d note dat it is a bailable offence. Did u say is nt recent enough, of course our noble senator, a former governor of zamfara state who as a matter of few year ago got married to a 17yrs old eygptian girl despite the fact dat it is against the child's right as an infant. He was actually debar by modern laws but the religion norms avails him. In conclusion the law recognizes all this rules and practice of our religion else it will have stated 'thou shall not slap in the church' . Follows therefore that all norms , practices, customs and traditions of the people coulpe with series of conventions and charters made the law except the ones that are against natural justice, and the ones repugnant of reasonable public practice and opinions. You cant ailenate one from the other.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Shaw007(m): 10:32am On Sep 10, 2012
ifeness:

You are serving the Roman Catholic God,aint you? Remember the "confessions" to the priest. Is that not what you do every sunday? Oh this time around you make it to an invincible small god. You are what i call the shadow of a real human.A FAKE!!!! That is what you are!

Let your small god reply me if he can. I am tired of talking to his servants
God wud not come down to earth just to reply you,even for much much greater causes he still sent his servants to so his work.

And i understand you are having some confsions about the roman catholic church and the pentecostal church,lemmeexplain that

u see we believe that salvation is from God and there's no amount of good deed or traditional sacrifices that can change d sinful nature of man,what is really needed is grace,what you need to do is acknowledege that you are under the same curse of sin as everyone else,repent turn away from it and invite jesus to your heart. . .u see pentecostal belief has its foundation uncompromised by d creeds agendas and opinions of men

One of the foundations of Catholic belief is that the priest is the intercessor between the lay man and God. This is why sins are privately confessed to the priest, and the priest then provides absolution by assigning a penance consisting of various structured, traditional prayers repeated a suitable number of times according to the seriousness of the sin. This is, at its center, a belief that the believer through works assigned by the priest, receives forgiveness and is then in right standing with God. This is very closely related to the Old Testament requirements of sacrifices and other symbolic acts as a means to be reconciled to God.

If you believe the gospel (good news) of the New Testament, however, you know that Godsent His son, Jesus (John 3:16), as the final, ultimate sacrifice for all the sins of mankind from the foundation of the world, and for all time until His return. The only "traditions" observed by the Pentecostal church are those set forth in New Testament scripture, (the Lord's supper or communion and baptism in water), which return glory, honor, and praise to God; because we know that we owe our life for the grace He has extended to us for our redemption.

So no sir,i pray to God for my sins,jesus is the New intercessor,not a priest
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by monalicious(f): 10:35am On Sep 10, 2012
hardywaltz: All dis lawyer sef with plenty plenty grammar, this guy is just looking for cheap publicity, he will definitely have this case thrown out again by the Appeal court duh I'm not a lawyer but I think common sense should be able to tell me dat his case is very very weak.
Thou I wish he succeeds and throws dat Oyedepo and his puff puff cheeks behind bars for what he did to dat poor girl.
Ʋ shldnt speak ill of a man of God
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by nezer76(m): 11:20am On Sep 10, 2012
Anu Yakubu: We should expect stuffs like tkie this at the end times. When Jesus was on earth, he condemned some of the religious leaders of his days(pharisees and saducees). He also foretold that in the end times, fake prophets would rise and decieve many.
One thing I am sure of is that divine wisdom is not violent but the scriptures say it is first of all chaste, then peaceable,.... full of mercy and good fruits, ......, not hypocritical(James 3:17). James 3:13 says: who is wise and understanding among you? let him show out of his fine conduct, his works with a mildness that belong to wisdom.(Trust me, there is no mildness or meekness in slapping, if you dont believe me, pay an Army or Mobile policeman to give you hot slaps, then revert back).
1Tim 3:1,5 implies that we are living in the last days which are critical to deal with, where there will be men having form of godly devotion but prove false to its power, and the scriptures continue to warn us that we should turn away from these ones.
Whether the lawyer eventually wins the case in this world filled with injustice or not, it is noteworthy for each and everyone to sit back and look into the activities of those who claimed to be Man of God, if they are truly so.
Come to think of it, nobody dey there when God called them, they only came out to tell the public that they were called. If they are bold enough to do that, we should be bold enough to check their activities whether they are saying the truth, the scriptures are their to assist us.
My major concern is not that he slapped that poor girl, but he still stood in front of his brainwashed audience to brag and boast about it saying he would do so over and over again(acting carelessly as though he is unquestionable, and yet they could not correct him, but would rather hail him and continue to enrich him with thier tithe. He even has the audacity to even engage a lawyer to defend his error.
That poor girl sounded like someone with little knowledge(illierate i assume) in the video, i can easily conclude that the poor girl might not even understand fully what she was saying, because she was contradicting herself by saying '' I am not a witch, but i am a with for christ'' which suggest a kind of overzealousness. The Big man couldnt even laugh at it and correct the poor girl and teach her the truth about christ, rather he started slapping. One thing I know is that what goes aroud comes back around, the measure with which you measure out, shall be measured back unto you.

Anu yakubu; am affairmative that in ur little closest u are doing worst than d bishop did either in ur look or in association with d low class arround u so y using d slap as a yardstick to determine who God called or nt, y nt leave dat to God to decide that come to talk of it even if oyedepo has been wrong it is b4 God nt we mortal cos only Him(God) knws d reason y he slaped her it nt melt for us to critize him destructively. Afterall we all as individual make mistake daily in our line of profession and get corrected constructively by our boss so y nt leave oyedepo to God let him correct him. Remeber biblical David made mistake by sleepin with Bathsheba, Elijah flees to Horeb away frm Jezebel, prophet Elisah's curse dat made 42 youth who only jeered at him mauled by two bears, peter cut off d right ear of the servant of the high priest were all mistake enough 4 them 2 to be rejected by God bt there still turn out to be mighty instrument in d hand of God.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by o42austino(m): 11:30am On Sep 10, 2012
abproffy: Robert Igbinedion, the lawyer suing on behalf of the
teenage girl humiliated with a dirty slap by Bishop
Oyedepo of the Living Faith Church in a video
which gained worldwide publicity, has filed an
appeal challenging the judgement which gave
victory to the wealthy Bishop in an Ogun State High
Court two months ago.
The appeal (Suit No: MT/73/2012) stated that the
trial Judge, Mobolaji Ojo placed unnecessary and
undue reliance on technicalities of the case to the
detriment of the suit.
Mr. Igbinedion said that the judge erred in law by
concluding that a better affidavit, which he filed to
replace the former one after a preliminary
objection was raised by the respondent, contained
fresh issues.
The appeal faulted the grounds on which the
judgement was held. The appeal stated that
plaintiff lawyer did not necessarily need to prove his
presence during the particular service or show the
date or time since he had already presented video
evidence that the incident actually took place.
Igbinedion also said he did not necessarily need to
present the victim, whom he represented as 'Miss
Justice' in the suit, before pursuing the case.
"The Learned Judge failed to advert his mind to
the Preamble to the Fundamental Rights
(Enforcement Procedure) Rules, 2009 which
obliged him to encourage and welcome public
interest litigations in the human rights field on
behalf of the poor, the illiterate and the vulnerable,
amongst others", the appeal statement read.
It also challenged the judgement for not ratifying
the issue of the court's jurisdiction on the matter as
raised by the respondents' counsel in a preliminary
objection before going ahead to dismiss the suit.
"Where the Respondent is challenging the court’s
jurisdiction to hear the Application, he may apply
to the court for an order striking out the suit or
setting aside the proceeding", it said.
The lawyer also noted that the judge held that the
victim of the slap was a 'fictitious character' who is
non-existent and has no standing,
In that judgement, the judge asked: "Who is Miss
Justice, how old is she, what is her standing in life,
what are her particulars? The court must be able to
ascertain and cannot be left to speculate on the
identity of the person whose right is being sought to
be enforced by declaratory orders, award of
damages and injunctive orders. The court cannot
issue and make order in favour of a ghost victim/
applicant. If I may ask, should this action succeed,
who is going to be the beneficiary of the monetary
award sought.”
Mr. Igbinedion in the appeal suggested that that
view, by the judge is irrelevant, discriminatory and
deliberately calculated to arrive at a favourable
decision.
He wrote: "The Appellant has by his further and
better Affidavit given many privileged reasons why
he cannot disclose the complete identity of the
victim to prevent her from further harm.
"The learned trial Judge failed to advert his mind to
the provisions of Rules 32(2) (b) which states that
in presenting a matter to the court, a lawyer shall
disclose the identity of his clients he represents and
the person who briefed him unless such disclosure
is priviledged or irrelevant", the appealant stated
further.
A video footage shows Bishop Oyedepo of the Living
Faith Church, also known as Winners Chapel,
during an alter call in his church at Ota, where,
during an alter call, accused a teenage girl of
witchcraft and slapped her across the face for
declining witchcraft but saying she was a 'witch-
for-Christ.' The video was uploaded online and
spread cross all social media sites.
The Bishop during another service in his Church,
following the slapping footage going viral, boasted
about the act and claimed he was a 'Baba witch'
himself.

I came across this now, plz what is our world turning into.
Did pastor make any mistake in trying to deliver the girl from witches.

www.ogamayor..com/2012/09/bishop-oyedepos-slapping-case-goes-to.html?m=1
what did you just say? did the Girl admit to the pastor that she is a witch? or deliverance from witchcraft now done by slapping people around? Please stop being a religious fanatic and reason for a change.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by o42austino(m): 11:41am On Sep 10, 2012
obadiah777: pay for what ? slappin a winch ? it is not written in the nigerian constitution that you should not slap a winch. grin
was it written in Nigerian Constitution the way to identify witches or can you just wake up one day and call a child a witch because you are a pastor? what proof do you have that she is a witch? and remember that the same constitution gave the girl the right to believe in anything that she wants to believe in.Please think like a human being for a change.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Kay17: 12:09pm On Sep 10, 2012
nezer76:

still dont let us forget that the law is there only to cub our excess,regulate our ways of life nt to eradicate ways of life . On a light mode my brother i think i disagree with u dat xtian is a fraction of population 'no' wht i would expect u 2 say is dat religion generally is a way of life which can nt be eraditacated but regularize against it excesses. hence the need for customary law and d sharia law will nt be necessary. U will realize that the African charter adpoted in 1979 by 63 members of d now AU except Morocco equally guaranteed the right of every1 to practice the religion of his/her own choice and this does not exclude the primary rules and norms applicable in that religion for example d received sharia law states (a)any1 dat steals another fellow property shall by amputated on dat very hand he stole with,(b) unto any muslim brother who have d finacial ability can take unto himself more than 1 wife (c) as an husband in d shaira practice region u are entitle to beat ur wife to a reasonable extent b4 it amount to crime while on d contrary these three are the reverse here subject to d received english law in practice in our region (a) and (c) as in aboved item will be prevail by section 36 of d constitution and section 1 subsection 3 of d same constitution while item (b) will amount to bigarmy. We can see the different laws at work oppositely and yet still invoke here among us. Here are some testimony of the practice of this norms amist us. in zamfara the man who confess to stealin a cow and got his arm amputated, shld we say his a victim of acade rules or wht or the constitution was nt at work for him where as thousands of armed robbers get bailed both in court and police base on d fact dat his freedom can nt be overemphasy and d tens of fraudster released by d EFCC at custody and court on d note dat it is a bailable offence. Did u say is nt recent enough, of course our noble senator, a former governor of zamfara state who as a matter of few year ago got married to a 17yrs old eygptian girl despite the fact dat it is against the child's right as an infant. He was actually debar by modern laws but the religion norms avails him. In conclusion the law recognizes all this rules and practice of our religion else it will have stated 'thou shall not slap in the church' . Follows therefore that all norms , practices, customs and traditions of the people coulpe with series of conventions and charters made the law except the ones that are against natural justice, and the ones repugnant of reasonable public practice and opinions. You cant ailenate one from the other.

I don't think religious freedom extends to creating a parallel state. Is Sharia law valid and consistent with the constitution? I don't think so. It is best a personal law.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by nezer76(m): 12:11pm On Sep 10, 2012
tailor: if the girl is realy a winner she wiill know that christ don't have witches, and when a child use bad words to discribe her self in the public his or her father can flog or beat her in the same public if he likes so that other children will learn from her mistakes. Oyedepo did what was right to protect others from making the same mistake. If what he did was too bad how about your leaders that are silent killers even your fathers at homes .
wise one
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 10, 2012
Shaw007: God wud not come down to earth just to reply you,even for much much greater causes he still sent his servants to so his work.

And i understand you are having some confsions about the roman catholic church and the pentecostal church,lemmeexplain that

u see we believe that salvation is from God and there's no amount of good deed or traditional sacrifices that can change d sinful nature of man,what is really needed is grace,what you need to do is acknowledege that you are under the same curse of sin as everyone else,repent turn away from it and invite jesus to your heart. . .u see pentecostal belief has its foundation uncompromised by d creeds agendas and opinions of men

One of the foundations of Catholic belief is that the priest is the intercessor between the lay man and God. This is why sins are privately confessed to the priest, and the priest then provides absolution by assigning a penance consisting of various structured, traditional prayers repeated a suitable number of times according to the seriousness of the sin. This is, at its center, a belief that the believer through works assigned by the priest, receives forgiveness and is then in right standing with God. This is very closely related to the Old Testament requirements of sacrifices and other symbolic acts as a means to be reconciled to God.

If you believe the gospel (good news) of the New Testament, however, you know that Godsent His son, Jesus (John 3:16), as the final, ultimate sacrifice for all the sins of mankind from the foundation of the world, and for all time until His return. The only "traditions" observed by the Pentecostal church are those set forth in New Testament scripture, (the Lord's supper or communion and baptism in water), which return glory, honor, and praise to God; because we know that we owe our life for the grace He has extended to us for our redemption.

So no sir,i pray to God for my sins,jesus is the New intercessor,not a priest

How do i make myself plain and clear to you ? i do not need to read your church books to live my life. You have the right to believe the virgin birth,you certainly do! For me,it doesn't put food on my table. I do not believe in you god,Jesus,Mary and other related retard stories. So if you wanna have a conversation, PLEASE and Please let's not talk about ancient-primitive stories.

Any right thinking person knows that what Oyedepo did was wrong,and he needs to apologies or face the law!!!
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 10, 2012
AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, AND I AM NOT AN OYEDEPO SUPPORTER BECAUSE I KNOW HE WILL HAVE HIS TORMENTING AND PAINFUL DAY WITH THE LORD, BUT ALL THESE PEOPLE SHOUTING ABOUT OYEDEPO SLAPPING A GIRL, I SMELL ENVY AND JEALOUSY. THATS ALL IT IS. THE MAN HAS EVERYTHING YOU DESIRE FOR YOURSELF SO YOU ARE ANGRY AT HIM. LETS FACE IT THESE SAME PEOPLE HAVE HOUSEGIRLS OR HOUSEBOYS WHO THEY TREAT LIKE THE SCUM OF THE EARTH. HOW MANY OF YOU ACTUALLY TREAT YOUR HELP LIKE YOUR OWN CHILDREN ? NOT ONE SINGLE ONE OF YOU. HOW MANY OF YOU TREAT YOUR STEP CHILDREN LIKE YOUR OWN CHILDREN ? NOT ONE SINGLE ONE OF YOU. I HAVE SEEN TOO MANY CASES OF HOUSEHELPS GETTING BURNED STABBED KILLED STARVED MAIMED BY NIGERIANS TO KNOW THAT YALL ARE A WICKED BUNCH. YOU ARE WORSE THAN OYEDEPO SO PLEASE SHUT THE FORK UP ABOUT OYEDEPOS SLAP. YOU ARE NOT CONCERNED ABOUT THE SLAP, YOU ARE JUST JEALOUS OF THE MAN. ITS PRETTY OBVIOUS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" / 10 Categories Of People That Run From Church To Another For Miracles / Sirajudeen Ugwu Delivering An Eid Elkabeer Sermon To Igbo Muslims In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 176
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.