Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,588 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court (21661 Views)

Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit / Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by nezer76(m): 12:34pm On Sep 10, 2012
Kay 17:

I don't think religious freedom extends to creating a parallel state. Is Sharia law valid and consistent with the constitution? I don't think so. It is best a personal law.
the notion that religion freedom cant create a parralle state is subject to d government of d day and legislations frm d various house of assembly cos a section in charpter 3 of the constitutiion empowers the lagislature to make law for the peaceful coexistence of the people one of which includes religion. So it is possible for Nigeria or a state to be declare a one religion state. Secondly
yes shaira law is a valid law and is inconsistence with d constitution of d fed. Repblic of Nig. but yet still exist and active infact shaira law happens to be one of the source of the northern penal code.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Kay17: 1:33pm On Sep 10, 2012
nezer76:
the notion that religion freedom cant create a parralle state is subject to d government of d day and legislations frm d various house of assembly cos a section in charpter 3 of the constitutiion empowers the lagislature to make law for the peaceful coexistence of the people one of which includes religion. So it is possible for Nigeria or a state to be declare a one religion state. Secondly
yes shaira law is a valid law and is inconsistence with d constitution of d fed. Repblic of Nig. but yet still exist and active infact shaira law happens to be one of the source of the northern penal code.

No, the Constitution identifies the Nigerian State as a secular and it is beyond the power of the legislature to change that.

Sharia law hasn't bEen challenged yet.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 10, 2012
y2kaustin: ...Excessive intake of ogogoro,most times causes memory lapses or even break down.The thread says Oyedepo NOT Adeboye.
shocked
y2kaustin: ...Excessive intake of ogogoro,most times causes memory lapses or even break down.The thread says Oyedepo NOT Adeboye.
But that's too much as a reply,if you follow the post well the poster later said he made a mistake. But your reply is too harsh. I would not be surprised if anyone ask you which one the two men is your God Adeboye or Oyedepo.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by adeosun2012: 3:56pm On Sep 10, 2012
i think we should stop been sentimental about issue, Oyedepo should try that outside the country,am sure he will be on his way to prison.Why cant oyedepo pray and cast the spirit away just as jesus did.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by nezer76(m): 5:22pm On Sep 10, 2012
Kay 17:

You wrote rubbish! although I'm not a lawyer, when did assault become negligence?? It is a simple case of assault and could extend to a criminal liability. Also there is no implied consent for the loss of one's dignity in a place of worship, there is no exercise involving physciality, the only common interest there is to worship but being battered publicly.

This isn't torture either, and its standards wouldn't be used against simple assault.

Especially in matrimonial cases, names of the parties are found substituted with alphabets and whatever, despite not being juristic persons.

Hope you know what persona no grata means?!

@kay17 :arugment to me is nt being able to make noise or missing of words for another neither does it entitles me to dish insult on fellow commentators and in time past i av learnt nt to exchange word 4 word but rather make my view n opinions very clear 2 d extend dat audience will realise reasons y my ideas shld be accepted. In every civilize organise arguement,four facts are impotant (1) Issues of a case(2) Rulings(3)Authorities(4)Conclusion. Issue here i think is generally known to evey1 i mean the subject matter,Rulings are relevant laws ,enactment dat apply to the subject matter e.g d constitution,evidences act etc while d Authorities are opinions ,words, comment of learned minded people and decided cases dat has nt been overrule by a superior court they all togetherly formed judicial precedent. Observation is wht u as a reasonable human being can deduce frm all this afterall said point conceing d subject matter. I argued on facts nt just facts alone bt d ones in issue. In ur num1 paragraph d different btw crime and civil matters is very clear criminal assault is @criminal code defin. Sect.253 as when a person strickes,touches or moves or otherwise apply force of any kind 2 d person of another either directly or indirectly witout d consent of d person or if consent is obtain by fraud,force or otherwise in assault of this, it is d state dat usually prosecute offenders n d purnishment to it is either imprisonment or payment of fine depending on degree of harm inflicted. Note dat this does nt attract awarding of compesation 4 d victim. Civil assault is guilded by d law of tort known as 'trespass to person' it is am embodiment of 3 laws i.e assault, battery and false imprisonment but in this case one is needed. Assault here is define as the apprehension of unnecessary reasonable fear emanated frm d defendant, while battery is an unwanted,unwarranted physical contact on d person of d plaintiff witout his consent.which attract payment of damages after when proved...... Diginity u will realise through out d whole lawbk of Nig.there have nt been a law enacted on diginity except dat of d African charter dat forms part of our constitution,section 34 'right to diginity of person, it shows therefore dat it is a sensitive qaulity of a man n can nt bi decide by a 3rd party it is only d victim of d abuse who can tell hw accepted his dignity after an abuse save in d other instances in d constitn which u av quoted and interpretd blindly in d par.2 of ur argument permit me to say this endevour to get a book dat borders on EJUSDEM GENERIS RULE of interpreting status then u ll get 2 knw dat when a particular class of word is spoken in a status and general words follows d class first mention is 2 be taken as d most comprehensive n d general words treated as refering 2 matter ejusden generis. With this i think it will go a long way to also solve ur idea of consent impliedly given bt one thing in this(consent implied)is provided is nt by force,fraud or under duress or undue influence. Negilence is a rule nt law bt an authority of caution. My application of dis rule is plain and nt wit ambigourlity, if d young girl has fallen victim of an electric shock in d church auditorium then oyedepo may be held liable 4 nt takin necessary steps to protect his invitees who came to worship bt in dis case it was a slap on d alter,i think consent has been authorize if nt complains 4m d girls quarter will av suffice. wht if it was a blows of air frm d bishop on d girl and in d cause she fell will dat still be actionable in court? Par.3 the law is clear on who can sue onbehalf of infant so let nt module it wit matrimonial dat is clearly another tier of law,Family law . Finally in all d procedures laid down 4 an aggrieve party 2 approach a court of competent jurisdiction particularly in applications on d enforcement of human right d aggrived party is known as d plaintiff while d other party as d defendant and d two parties are expect to present themselves only if one is incarcirated otherwhile a default jugdement will be enter against d absentee. So tell us we av gotten a defendant here where is d plaintff?(miss justice)i guess u would say. Ur last questn on whether i knw wht d doctrine of 'persona non gratta'is , i think is 1 of d tins i av reserved 4 ur next comment. Thanx
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by nezer76(m): 5:44pm On Sep 10, 2012
Kay 17:

No, the Constitution identifies the Nigerian State as a secular and it is beyond the power of the legislature to change that.

Sharia law hasn't bEen challenged yet.

@kay17 firstly i appreciate d fact dat u recognized dat sharia law is still valid bt at d same time history shld also let u knw dat smtimes in 2000/2001 d acceptance of sharia law was tested in Nigeria and it gains it popularity of course u will agree wit me that 4 a law to be applicable it must av gain audience frm d people.
Secondly kindly intensify ur study of d Nig.constitution then u will see dat it takes only 2/3majority of d parliment to throw away or repeal any law they deem fit. Let nt be political here d same 2/3majorityneeded by d president 2 win in an election is d same 2/3 dat is needed to repeal or amend any law pls do nt underestimate d power confer on these noble men.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Bella3(f): 6:09pm On Sep 10, 2012
Yucee55:
Jesus did not abolish any law. He came to fulfill the Law. Read Matthew 5:17 "Think not that I came to destroy the law or the prophets: I came not to destroy, but to fulfil..."
when something is fulfiled, i believe it has come to pass right?
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Kay17: 10:58pm On Sep 10, 2012
nezer76:

@kay17 :arugment to me is nt being able to make noise or missing of words for another neither does it entitles me to dish insult on fellow commentators and in time past i av learnt nt to exchange word 4 word but rather make my view n opinions very clear 2 d extend dat audience will realise reasons y my ideas shld be accepted. In every civilize organise arguement,four facts are impotant (1) Issues of a case(2) Rulings(3)Authorities(4)Conclusion. Issue here i think is generally known to evey1 i mean the subject matter,Rulings are relevant laws ,enactment dat apply to the subject matter e.g d constitution,evidences act etc while d Authorities are opinions ,words, comment of learned minded people and decided cases dat has nt been overrule by a superior court they all togetherly formed judicial precedent. Observation is wht u as a reasonable human being can deduce frm all this afterall said point conceing d subject matter. I argued on facts nt just facts alone bt d ones in issue. In ur num1 paragraph d different btw crime and civil matters is very clear criminal assault is @criminal code defin. Sect.253 as when a person strickes,touches or moves or otherwise apply force of any kind 2 d person of another either directly or indirectly witout d consent of d person or if consent is obtain by fraud,force or otherwise in assault of this, it is d state dat usually prosecute offenders n d purnishment to it is either imprisonment or payment of fine depending on degree of harm inflicted. Note dat this does nt attract awarding of compesation 4 d victim. Civil assault is guilded by d law of tort known as 'trespass to person' it is am embodiment of 3 laws i.e assault, battery and false imprisonment but in this case one is needed. Assault here is define as the apprehension of unnecessary reasonable fear emanated frm d defendant, while battery is an unwanted,unwarranted physical contact on d person of d plaintiff witout his consent.which attract payment of damages after when proved...... Diginity u will realise through out d whole lawbk of Nig.there have nt been a law enacted on diginity except dat of d African charter dat forms part of our constitution,section 34 'right to diginity of person, it shows therefore dat it is a sensitive qaulity of a man n can nt bi decide by a 3rd party it is only d victim of d abuse who can tell hw accepted his dignity after an abuse save in d other instances in d constitn which u av quoted and interpretd blindly in d par.2 of ur argument permit me to say this endevour to get a book dat borders on EJUSDEM GENERIS RULE of interpreting status then u ll get 2 knw dat when a particular class of word is spoken in a status and general words follows d class first mention is 2 be taken as d most comprehensive n d general words treated as refering 2 matter ejusden generis. With this i think it will go a long way to also solve ur idea of consent impliedly given bt one thing in this(consent implied)is provided is nt by force,fraud or under duress or undue influence. Negilence is a rule nt law bt an authority of caution. My application of dis rule is plain and nt wit ambigourlity, if d young girl has fallen victim of an electric shock in d church auditorium then oyedepo may be held liable 4 nt takin necessary steps to protect his invitees who came to worship bt in dis case it was a slap on d alter,i think consent has been authorize if nt complains 4m d girls quarter will av suffice. wht if it was a blows of air frm d bishop on d girl and in d cause she fell will dat still be actionable in court? Par.3 the law is clear on who can sue onbehalf of infant so let nt module it wit matrimonial dat is clearly another tier of law,Family law . Finally in all d procedures laid down 4 an aggrieve party 2 approach a court of competent jurisdiction particularly in applications on d enforcement of human right d aggrived party is known as d plaintiff while d other party as d defendant and d two parties are expect to present themselves only if one is incarcirated otherwhile a default jugdement will be enter against d absentee. So tell us we av gotten a defendant here where is d plaintff?(miss justice)i guess u would say. Ur last questn on whether i knw wht d doctrine of 'persona non gratta'is , i think is 1 of d tins i av reserved 4 ur next comment. Thanx

Yea, there are many fields and specializations in law, however the principles remain the same and probably shaped by particular circumstances.

There could arise instances where a party feels its obliged to protect its identity and yet pursue its case, again common in matrimonial cases.

Isn't consent prior to assault?
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by foluberry(f): 1:47am On Sep 11, 2012
Deep Sight:

Foul-berry, or is it fool-berry; it is my earnest prayer that you will continue under the leadership of the said Oyedepo until and unless you develop the capacity to think for yourself. Carry on. . . . . .it will do you well. Olodo.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by foluberry(f): 1:52am On Sep 11, 2012
Whoever r u? So u jus cum 2 a public forum and run ur mouth. Aren't u civilised enof 2 know dat evri1 has a right 2 dia opinion? If u don't blv in God, ur loss but pls don't cum blabbin @ me bcoz I kno u not frm adam and I wasn't evn tokn 2u. Park well abeg!
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 1:57am On Sep 11, 2012
foluberry: Whoever r u? So u jus cum 2 a public forum and run ur mouth. Aren't u civilised enof 2 know dat evri1 has a right 2 dia opinion? If u don't blv in God, ur loss but pls don't cum blabbin @ me bcoz I kno u not frm adam and I wasn't evn tokn 2u. Park well abeg!
Oh shut up
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by foluberry(f): 2:03am On Sep 11, 2012
musKeeto:
Oh shut up

Silly peeps on nairaland. Pls get a life!
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by foluberry(f): 2:09am On Sep 11, 2012
thehomer:

Do you know how long your Lord has been losing battles?

And Hez abt 2 lose d battle of keeping u alive!
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by foluberry(f): 2:12am On Sep 11, 2012
ifeness:

Always the battle is of the lord and yet it/she/he does nothing! You Christians are a pawn on the roman catholic chess board.

And ure just a waste of spit!
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 2:18am On Sep 11, 2012
foluberry:

Silly peeps on nairaland. Pls get a life!
Calm down, you wan kill yasef!!!
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by foluberry(f): 2:23am On Sep 11, 2012
musKeeto:
Calm down, you wan kill yasef!!!

*singin* ohh diaz sumthn abt dat name, dat name of JESUS....
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by wiegraf: 2:27am On Sep 11, 2012
foluberry:

This is pure class
What's that line from the bible where the women are told to shut up and stay in the kitchen?
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by foluberry(f): 2:49am On Sep 11, 2012
wiegraf:
This is pure class
What's that line from the bible where the women are told to shut up and stay in the kitchen?

Funny! Wev seen u. Now go 2 bed!
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 2:57am On Sep 11, 2012
foluberry:

Funny! Wev seen u. Now go 2 bed!
Defending the 'faith'?
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by thehomer: 4:05am On Sep 11, 2012
foluberry:

Do you think it is a battle to keep me alive?
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 11, 2012
I'm happy to be part of the Oyedepo Crew...

Slapping witches since '82 cool
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Bella3(f): 8:03am On Sep 11, 2012
Foluberry, pls ignore them IF they have offended u, bt i dont think u're being an example. PEACE.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Delafruita(m): 1:27pm On Sep 11, 2012
benity: these lawyer sef is very funny what happened isnt a law issue but a church issue . nobody dragged the girl outside but she came herself it was even asked like twice what she does and she said she was a witch for jesus.let me tell u people something if you are jesus servant there is nothing you cannot do for jesus. it was said in the bible also that suffer not a witch to live. so because he thinks he is lawyer or what he has to be very careful in dealing with jesus matters. why cant he go to some church that they sleep with women or they beat them and why is he so particular after the case afterall the girl was never in court so y fighting for a case for his own benefits. sha i dont blame him he wants to make quick fame and popularity in a funny way but is it possible which i dont think so
thunder fire those fingers you used in typing that rubbish.why dont you go and install fuel pump at the church altar so that slappodepo can burn "winches for jesus" at will.idiotic slowpoke
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 11, 2012
Delafruita:
thunder fire those fingers you used in typing that rubbish.why dont you go and install fuel pump at the church altar so that slappodepo can burn "winches for jesus" at will.idiotic slowpoke
what is this your love affair with winches sef ? abi you be grand wizard ni. you know what they say about birds of the same feather right ? make you watch yasef ooo before PAPA faya you hot slap too grin
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Delafruita(m): 4:14pm On Sep 11, 2012
obadiah777: what is this your love affair with winches sef ? abi you be grand wizard ni. you know what they say about birds of the same feather right ? make you watch yasef ooo before PAPA faya you hot slap too grin
love affair with winches?you see me slap any winch?i just detest people that become zombies because of religion.can you imagine the fool implying that oyedepo was even lenient as he didnt kill the girl.people like that should be jailed for crimes of stupidiity and idiocy
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by sayitout1: 4:46pm On Sep 15, 2012
Deep Sight:

Obviously you were born to fill the deficit of st.upidity existing in the world at the time of your birth.

That deficit is now no longer existing: in fact there is a surplus of st.upidity now in the world:

As such your existence is no longer required.

I will recommend that you commit a quiet suicide by hanging in your bedroom as a generous and altruistic gift to humanity,

Much appreciated.

I remain,

Your comrade in the defense of human intellect,

Deep Sight

I saw the way you expressed your bitterness. But for your info, wise people/people with ''deep sight'' don't REACT they only ACT.

I have an idea of your kind of person so there will b no need for me to go low to ur level.

In some part of the world and even in this county, people have been amputated & killed for speaking about a ''religion or prophet'' and there was no court case/comment from pple like you.

Recently, a movie caused the death of some innocent people and your brothers/colleques started a bloody protest that others are talking about their prophet and you never ''reacted'' as usual.

The girl that was slapped was very fortunate that it wasn't your kind of place of worship.

She repeated a comment which she was corrected about.

I advise you watch the video, then compare what would have been the outcome if it were your place of heading the ground.

...I feel sorry 4 U.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by ignis: 5:23pm On Sep 15, 2012
BĂ©lla3: when something is fulfiled, i believe it has come to pass right?
Sweetheart, na english wey no do you, abi english toomuch for you?
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by benity: 4:01pm On Sep 16, 2012
Delafruita please watch your mouths and the hands you are using to type I pray God forgive you
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by sirdayus1: 10:14am On Jun 17, 2013
im just reading this, but for real, what the bishop did was extremely wrong. He obviously condemned the young lady to hell. Haba !
Justice should be done ooo. Afterall, she hasn't killed any winners chapel member.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by egoldman(m): 2:54am On Jun 18, 2013
digospel2: This lawyer is going too far. It's better for him now to repent and continue with his legal profession else receive confusion in his learned brain when The Advocate of Heaven will Arise for His servant. grin
Nonsense .
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by TMemos: 3:29pm On Jul 04, 2019
What's the update of this slap case?

Since we are in the slap season
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 04, 2019
hardywaltz:
All dis lawyer sef with plenty plenty grammar, this guy is just looking for cheap publicity, he will definitely have this case thrown out again by the Appeal court duh I'm not a lawyer but I think common sense should be able to tell me dat his case is very very weak.
Thou I wish he succeeds and throws dat Oyedepo and his puff puff cheeks behind bars for what he did to dat poor girl.

Your last paragraph actually made a lot if sense. Your first paragraph however bluntly put, made no sense at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries / Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! / Mass Wedding: Catholic Priest Sponsors 136 Couples In Nasarawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.